First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation Home Warrantypoor service and coverage!

D

The service provided by this company both in repairs and customer service is horrible! There are endless exclusions that are not revealed until the scope of the repair is established. For example, they do not repair drywall or other "access" areas to pre-repair condition - rough finish only - and other exclusions are manifold. Any evidence of "secondary damage" disqualifies drywall for repair. The brochure disclosures are inadequate. Their phone service is inadequate. Their "adjusters" and repairmen are the same individuals. The plumber assigned to us was duplicitous (saying one thing to us and another to the company). I don't understand why reputable realtors would continue to front for this company or put their reputations on the line by promoting this unscrupulous company! What are their incentives??? There is a very large number of dissatisfied customers (search First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation on epinions.com for example). This company and it's consumer and insurance practices needs review by an attorney familiar with consumer and insurance fraud!

• Kr
    Kristi Apr 07, 2008

I think this company is a huge fraud!!! I called in for an a/c noise. The tech came out on Friday and told us that the squirl cape was bent and needed a new one (this is what is on the invoice I signed). He said he would order the part and be back on Monday. I had not heard from anyone, so I decided to call. I was told that the claim had been denied. I asked why and they told me I had to call FAHBP. So I call and they start listing off all the things that the tech wrote on his invoice that was wrong with my a/c. I told them that my copy on had the one thing on it and that told me that was normal. He didn't have to tell me what all was wrong. So I called the company that they sent out back and they told me it was normal, that the tech sometimes remembered things later and would write them down when he did. And unfortunately this is not our first go round with them. I am cancelling my contract now and will tell everyone I know to never do business with this company.

• Je
    JenGlen07 Jun 29, 2011

HUGE Ripoff!! I've tried to use my policy for two different issues and neither were covered. You don't find out until after you've paid the $60 call fee that the issue isn't going to be handled under the contract. Plumbing problem, not covered, A/C problem also not covered. Customer service is rude. Such a scam. How are they still in business? Will tell everyone who will listen what a waste of money this is.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices