Fidelity Home WarrantyRepairs Often Denied

H Review updated:

We purchased a Fidelity National Home Warranty for our primary residence, which has a pool. So of course we paid extra to cover all of the necessary equipment, that's the reason a person purchases warranty insurance. The company took 7 days to get a repairman to our home, 7 days of the pool pump not circulating! I had to brush and treat with chemicals to try to keep the algae at bay. The repairman finally shows up and after 30 minutes or so has to leave for a part. He returns 4 hours later to tell me that he has the part, but the part he went to retrieve is not the issue. The cleaning pump has gone out, I'm told. He attempts to argue with me that the METAL PUMP was corroded by the chlorine...the same chlorine we swam in almost everyday without any damage to our skin, eyes or hair. He says, he has to leave again and check in with Fidelity on whether or not they will cover the cost to replace the pump. OF COURSE Fidelity DECLINED TO FIX IT!! We paid EXTRA for the Pool coverage, only to be denied the repair. The sad part of this story is, the pool repairman, never called and neither did Fidelity. When he didn't return 3 days after disconnecting the pump from my pool plumbing, I HAD TO CALL TO FIND OUT THE STATUS!!! This company doesn't know the first thing about service!!!

Repairs Often Denied

• El
    elizabeth parthenon Feb 26, 2021

The seller of the home selected Fidelity and paid for the "coverage". % of 7 items specifically listed in the "contract" are not even in the home - e.g., bar refrig, stand alone freezer however Well Pump is specifically indicated and this is where the repair problem is. Referring to the contract terms it states only items within the home foundation are covered EXCEPT WELL PUMPS and it further states all parts integral to the well pump are covered.
    My requests for service have been denied because they say they don't cover anything "Outside".
    Initially they sent a plumber who I paid the $65 service charge. He then told me he knew "nothing about wells". He then said he arranged w Fidelity to send a well contractor but no one called.
    This is a violation of code because there is no water to house and toilets cant be flushed. I wrote Fidelity a letter that I faxed because I cant get through on the phone due to hours on hold and got no response.
    Its a total racket, a scam operation and Fidelity should be investigated, fined and made to change their ways. CONSUMERS BEWARE OF FIDELITY HOME WARRANTY.