FacebookBanned... Why?

B Sep 24, 2020

I have been permanently banned from my long-standing Facebook account. No explanation & no appeal allowed. The claim is that I violated their Community Standards. WHICH Community Standard? No explanation is forthcoming. 99.9% of my posts are public. I do not use abusive language or engage in illegal activity or harassment. I am politically vocal, but not much over the past several months due to health issues. I've received rare censorship for "Fake News" postings, all of which were well-buried in my nearly decade-long history of postings. I suspect that this banning resulted from Facebook's recent banning of crypto company advertising, because the banning happened within 2 hours of a status update where I was discussing a personal Bitcoin situation. I DID NOT post an links or mention any crypto companies & therefore was in no way advertising for any. I was simply discussing a recent development in my personal investment history. Again, I DID NOT identify any company. Also recently, one of my group postings was reported & locked for 'spamming. I was offering to GIVE AWAY a FREE major appliance, which I had originally purchased via eBay. For simplicity in informing interested parties about the appliance features, I posted a link to an identical item which was currently available on eBay. It was clearly NOT my intent to sell anything, as the very first word in my posting was"FREE" & I made it clear in the posting that the link was for information purposes only. So, unless Facebook has managed to dig up another historically OLD posting as an excuse to ban me. Regardless of their excuse, they are out of line to not even offer evidence of wrong-doing. Even with the controversy over the upcoming elections, I have remained silent for months on the political scene, with the exception of 2 shared posts with personal commentary. One was on the passing of SCOTUS RBG & was a mild satirical comment. The other was within the past 48 hours: an Epoch Times news release regarding the biased results an investigation of Facebook's Fact-checkers. And again, I only included a mild satirical comment on that shared posting.

I have strong reason to believe in Facebook's biases & also believe they are being petty in banning my long-standing account. They will discover that my followers are very unhappy with this action. I downloaded all of my Facebook data just this month because I foresaw this arbitrary action coming as many of my friends & family have also been banned for unclear reasons. So I have a full record f my friends, family & followers, whom I WILL be contacting privately about this banning. I will also be seeking to join any class-action lawsuits available regarding this matter.

• Quannell Johnson Sep 24, 2020

Hi BootStrapGal

I have read your post about your Facebook account status. After reviewing the information that you have provided, it appears that you have been permanently prohibited from using Facebook services because of scamming activity. This type of ban cannot be disputed and is permanent.

I hope this helps!

BootStrapGal Sep 25, 2020

@Quannell Johnson What Is Slander?
    Slander occurs when someone speaks false and damaging statements about another person. Public officials and public figures often bring slander cases.

How Do I Prove Slander?
    In a slander lawsuit, you have to prove the following:

Someone made a false, defamatory statement about you knowing it was a false statement
    The statement does not fall in any privileged category
    The person who published it acted negligently when they published the statement
    You were harmed by the statement

************************************************************************************************

You just qualified those conditions here. You have my full, private contact information provided via this forum as well as through Facebook, which you could have used to privately discuss this with me. Yet you assert here, on a public forum that I was engaging in allegedly illegal activity. Good luck proving that.

• Quannell Johnson Sep 25, 2020

@BootStrapGal Hi BootStrapGal

I hope this helps!

BootStrapGal Sep 25, 2020

@Quannell Johnson Did you just reply with a "canned" response? In light of this behavior, it seems that you may not even be a real person. Rather, your reply is typical of a bot. Be sure that I will include this with my other evidence of Facebook's wrong-doing.

Hi BootStrapGal!

I am a real person, not a bot.

BootStrapGal Sep 26, 2020

@Quannell Johnson If that is true, than I challenge you to produce the evidence that I was engaging in any sort of "scamming activity". I can tell you right now that you cannot produce that. Have scruples enough to admit that Facebook was WRONG & their punitive action against me is out of line. Got any courage there, Quannell? Or are you a 'yes man'?

BootStrapGal Sep 26, 2020

@Quannell Johnson This whole mess goes away the moment I get an apology; even a private one will do; & my account is reinstated. Even though big, bad Facebook may view me as a miniscule problem, I am a bulldog by nature & I'll NOT stop until those two actions happen.

@BootStrapGal Hi BootStrapGal

As I'm sure you understand, links to crypto companies and "free" giveaways are common activities by scammers.

PS, My pronouns are they/them and I identify as female. I am not a man!

BootStrapGal Sep 26, 2020

@Quannell Johnson I posted NO links to any crypto company. Did you not read my original complaint thoroughly? And in the discussion you seem to be referencing, I DID NOT even name any company. Plus, in the original posting, as well as later in the comments, I stated at least TWICE that I believed it was ME who was scammed. And for your further information, the ONLY participants in that discussion were myself & 2 of my own family. Are you asserting that by recounting an occurrence in my personal financial history with family & friends, I am attempting to commit an illegal act? That is a ridiculous assumption! As for the free giveaway, are you also asserting that giving away a compact clothes dryer which I was replacing with a newer one to someone in my local community is somehow criminal as well? Because that is also ridiculous. I can produce the name of the young man who happily took the dryer. And finally, I AM the creator, owner & admin of my area's first & one of the most popular local free & barter groups, which has existed since 2012. So, I can host & maintain such a group, which is very charitable to our community, but giving away free items, just as I've always done is somehow criminal behavior? For your information, I also gave away a pickup topper just a few days after the dryer was rehomed. Explain to me & every other logical person reading this (yes they are reading this) how any of what I've just recounted amounts to "scamming activity"? Becauseal again, Facebook has ZILTCH evidence to prove their claim. I'd even dare you to post that crypto discussion publicly. The utter absurdity of Facebook's actions will be clear in the light of truth! And I don't care how you identify. Makes no difference to me in this matter. I've kept my discussion civil & THAT is what matters.

@BootStrapGal Hi BootStrapGal!

Banned accounts cannot be admins of groups on Facebook, so you cannot be the admin of this group that you're describing.

BootStrapGal Sep 26, 2020

@Quannell Johnson Obviously I can't any longer. But you check the history of who created & built that group & you'll find it is ME. As I've stated before, I have a very recent copy of all of my Facebook data in my possession which proves exactly that. And Facebook's actions have not only harmed me & my perdonal reputation; those actions are also harmful to that group which has proven to be an asset to the local community. Several of the local community organizations advertise their charitable services there. And I have built & maintained it with strong ideals of helping our people & treating everyone fairly. Now that I'm not allowed to maintain the group with such standards & mission, what do you think the damage to that group will be? Facebook, in their high-handed activities, is HARMING the very people they should be helping! This is not just about me. Shame on Facebook!

BootStrapGal Sep 26, 2020

@Quannell Johnson Which brings up another issue of legality. That group was MY conception, MY creation & has existed to the benefit of it's membership ONLY due to MY diligence. By banning me, especially in light of lack of evidence of any wrongdoing (still not producing it because it doesn't exist), Facebook is unlawfully taking MY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. Despite the face that it exists on Facebooks platform, I have NEVER given up ownership of that intellectual property to anyone. As long as I can prove that I created & maintained that group, Facebook is in serious legal jeapordy.

BootStrapGal Sep 26, 2020

@Quannell Johnson Just in case anyone at Facebook would decide to find a punitive excuse to eliminate that group, I'd advise against it. I do have people watching this situation & further harming that group will be be immediately brought to my attention, as well as the evidence of such harm. It should be clear by now that, despite my civil demeanor, I'm not backing off of this injustice.

@BootStrapGal Hi BootStrapGal!

Please review the terms of service that you agreed to when you created a Facebook account. You agreed that Facebook would own any posts and content placed on the website. This group will soon have a new admin, I expect.

BootStrapGal Sep 26, 2020

@Quannell Johnson No. It's not cleared up & it will not be until that evidence of wrongdoing is produced or I am exaunerated. And Facebook's lawyers made the same claim about user data mishandled. How'd that work out?

BootStrapGal Sep 26, 2020

@Quannell Johnson By the way, would that be the TOS I signed on with in 2011 or the endlessly altered since TOS which exists today? Facebook habitually ignores any 'grandfathering' while their algorithms are digging through ancient history postings to issue warnings about fake news & alleged violations of community standards. Therefore, Facebook doesn't get a pass on ignoring their own rewrites.

• Quannell Johnson Sep 29, 2020

Hi BootStrapGal!

Facebook has the right to alter the user agreement without notice at any point. You consented to this when you agreed to the contract in 2011.

Jocelyn Bu Meeyong Oct 04, 2020

I was very disappointed with the lazy and irresponsible service provided from the MCO until yesterday. As a resident Malaysia I would say that I following the rules of my coutry during this period~social distance~ to protect my family. Wearing mask and maintain social distancing with others. But the induty sender(without wearing mask) insisted that I must collecting my parcel from his vehicle. He throw out my parcel beside the road or just sending me the notification when disobeyed that order.
    Hereby,I hope the action will be taken by the relevant authority. Thanks for your cooperation.
    Notice received when refused obedience to the instructions.

Comments