Menu

complaints

Extended Stay America Complaints Summary

5 Resolved
263 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Extended Stay America with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Extended Stay America has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Extended Stay America. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Extended Stay America complaints 268

Sort by:

Newest Extended Stay America complaints

7:24 pm EDT

Extended Stay America unethical behavior

Hi,

I am staying at Extended Stay America in Fairfax, VA, near Fair Oaks Mall, exactly at this address 12055 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, Fairfax, VA. I noticed an unethical behavior from employees from that facility .Every time at night, they try to enter in my room without consent and without knocking at the door, I don't know what they are looking for in my room at that time late night. I surprised one whose name is Ather, coming in my room without consent and without knocking the door. This time is not housekeeping time, so I don't know what they are looking for in my room.
Therefore, I am urgently warning you for that behavior. I have valuable items and private staff in my room, so if there are issues and concerns, in the future, or if someone wants to put illegal staffs in my room for incriminating me, I have already warned you for this unethical behavior.
I hope to hear from you very soon.

Thank you.

12:04 pm EDT

Extended Stay America my stay at extended stay

I am contacting you today regarding a issue I had yesterday when I was staying at the Mukilteo Wa extended stay and I had been there for a pretty decent length of time like about a month or 2 and night before last night I had a lady friend over and she was down in my car in the parkinglot and it was about 11pm and I was at the back door yelling to her trying to get her attention to have her come inside and I had to holler at her a few times and finally got her attention and as we went inside the office girl was checking to see what was going on so wen went up to my room and the desk girl called me and asked if every thing was okay I told her yes as it was and then the next morning I spoke with her and asked if everything was okay and said sorry about last night and she assured me it was no issue everything was fine we'll 10pm or so I got a loud knock at the door and I was alone and getting ready to get to bed and I answered the door and there was some officers at the door claiming a call was made about some arguing so they were just checking to make sure everything was okay I told them it was and that I was alone and I really would rather not be troubled any further and that they had nothing to worry about so they left and I went down to the front desk and asked what's the issue and they told me it was from the night before and that there was a complaint so they had notified the cops I asked why they didn't handle it the night before and they said they weren't to sure why and then I went to check on my car before I went back up to my room and then the cops were back at my door banging on it and they started kinda harrassing me getting kinda pushy and rude it was totally uncalled for so I went back down stairs to ask the desk what the deal was why the cops were just bugging me and that's when they told me it's best I just go and I told them I had alot of things in my room and I had paid for 2 days that morning when I had also asked if everything was fine and told it was but they told me that I could get my stuff the next day and that I had to have a employee accompany me to my room to grab what I wanted till then so by then it was getting pretty late it was almost midnight and so I had to spend the night in my car and now I have to take today off work to move everything and get a new place and deal with everything and really I don't see why I also was followed by the cops the whole way to the freeway and I just don't see why I wasn't informed by the desk girl of the issue that morning before I paid for 2 more days I've been there a while and pretty familiar with the desk people and we're pretty friendly with each other so I don't see what they felt they needed to call the cops at 10pm the next day after they had perfect opportunity to tell me that morning so now I am missing a day of work and am not sure I am going to get my money back for the 2 days and I had to sleep in my car not to mention the way the cops were allowed to just make a huge and unnecessary deal of nothing disturbing the other people on the floor I was on and then getting me kicked out it was crazy I am a very loyal customer who prefers to stay in extended stay it's my first choice motel to stay at and I am a very frequently staying at extendestay so it's a pretty dessapointing to have such a issue with their hotel and all so if I can please be contacted and possibly resolve this issue that would be a great relief to me and I want to be able to stay with extended stay again if possible so email me back at: [protected]@gmail.com and let's try to talk about trying to make this misunderstanding right for us both. I will be waiting to hear from you so please try to as soon as you can thank you and have a wonderful day.

K
7:58 am EDT

Extended Stay America hotel has no coffee this morning. from desk stays "I don't have coffee to make". it is still 8:20

It is 8:20 AM, from desk has no coffee to make for customers. Every body was ready for a fun day and was surprised that there is no coffee! From desk even was unprofessional stating that "I have no coffee to make'.
The hotel was out of coffee creamer for about 5 days! Breakfast items were gone by 8:30!

Not sure what to ask if they have no coffee!

F
6:19 pm EDT

Extended Stay America everything was ugly

I stayed at Extended Stay at Farmington, CT. They have the worst customer service ever. Employees are not motivated and not cheerful. The house keeper knocked my door twice trying to kick me out because I was half an hour late. I ended up paying $35 for an hour late check-out.
The room doesn't have any kitchenware what so ever. Not even folks or knifes. I had to ask the receptionist each time I wanted a spoon or a fork. Also, The room smelled like cabbage

D
8:57 am EDT

Extended Stay America tobacco odor

May 11, I stayed at the Extended Stay America in Linthicum, Maryland 1500 Aero Dr. I have bad sinus problem and staying at this hotel only made the situation worst. The whole hotel had a putrid smell of smoke. Being from California where smoking is illegal in public places made may stay the worst experience I ever had at a hotel. The hotel advertise as nonsmoking. There's no way that this is or was a nonsmoking hotel. They may have tried to neutralize the smoke residue at best however it failed. The room was booked through priceline. Confirmation number [protected] and I would like a refund.

S
7:06 pm EDT

Extended Stay America the entire stay so far

Hi good day,

I am presently staying at your Extended Stay America Hotel in Houston Texas 1303 Concha Lane by the Medical Center.
I checked in last night the 20th of May 2018.
The front desk lady was very pleasant and provided me with my room keys and room #218, I proceeded to the room and as soon as I opened the door was greeted by a pungent horrible smell I assume the carpet.
I am in the process of doing chemotherapy and am weak and vulnerable to getting sick I could not stay in that room.
I went back downstairs with all my luggage and informed the front desk lady and she informed me that she knows of the problem, I also informed her that I had booked a double bed and the room I was given was a single.
I also asked for the kitchen items to please be provided for me in the morning. Up until now none have been except for a tea cup and coffee maker I went back down to get from the front desk.
She apologized and I was given room #301, so I took my luggage up to the room and was greeted to the same smell but not as strong as the first room.
I was so tired I just tried to sleep but was only able to get 1 hour of sleep.
I was away all day at appointments at MD Anderson and returned at 410 pm and my room still had not been cleaned and it is now 7pm so I don't think it will be done today.
I have stayed in many Hotels all over the world and this is by far one of the worst.
Please improve the quality and service of this accommodation or else you will not have clientele.
Mark Luke USA number is [protected]

B
8:05 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Extended Stay America unfair treatment, overcharging, not refunding tax credit due

I am copying whomever checks this email at corporate, the verbatim contents of my email that I am sending to Nancy Jackson the GM of 921 Wake Towne Drive Raleigh NC 27609 as well as my complaint about being unfairly treated by her. First of all I am getting nothing but a VERY hard time from this manager she is insisting that my NC Occupancy State tax refund due to me must be refunded by priceline.com. This IS SIMPLY NOT THE CASE, she is unfamiliar with applying this refund to our folio. I have stayed at MULTIPLE E.S.A.locations over the past 8-9 years in N.C. as well as other parts of the country and never experienced this type of customer mistreatment. My not being charged tax beyond my 90th day which was 04/25/18 beginning on 01/25/18 continuously booked IN MY NAME for 90+ days...as well as over charging me for pet fees on 04/19/18 that I didn't know existed HERE at this location until after having a cat in my previous room #323 and now #307 for only 4 weeks tomorrow on 05/01/18. Here is the copy and paste of the content of my email in whole to the email listed on her business card which is [protected]@extendedstay.com. I need an immediate resolution to these issues. Thank you, all the best, Brian & Andrea Heidrich

Nancy,
I have tried again and again to have you refund my folio the North Carolina Occupancy Tax due to me for the last 90+ continuous days beginning on 1/25/18 through the 90th day which was 04/25/18. You have avoided me at all costs, not returning messages left for you by both Nelson, and Rodney at and after asking you about it on 04/19/18, and leaving you a package of near 15 pages of receipts compiled by me and left with your staff for you my request for you to reach me in my endeavors to recoup these monies and have them applied to my folio balance. I advised you on the correct method to do this after seeing you were not familiar with processing this tax refund and your nasty insisting that I would be getting my refund from priceline.com. I am attaching the State of North Carolina General Statute law providing me the recovery of my taxes paid and the cessation of any future tax payments from my account. I have been advised by the representative that helped me make my reservation last evening at extendedstayamerica.com for the approximate amount of days that would reflect my intentions to continue to reside here and in having made the reservation your abilitiy to apply the refund to my newest reservation. This is a copy of a portion of the communications I had with Courtney with ease last night. If only all customer relations could be as informative and at the same time helpful as her this would be a better world. (If you stay with us for 90 or more consecutive nights, the daily room tax will be waived. Room tax charges will be included in your folio until the 90th consecutive night is reached. At that time we will rebate your folio and you won't be charged daily room tax for the rest of your stay.) So, Nancy you may not know this or in any matter: the North Carolina State Occupancy Tax is a tax of the rent charged to transient guests in hotels/motels, including properties rented through home sharing services like Airbnb, as well as online marketing services such as Priceline, Hotwire, ect... I was told that the GM will refund your folio the amount due to you and then they will be able to apply a tax credit when paying their next months taxes." Nancy, you have provided me with a real degree of nuisance and upset me to a degree where I was unable to live peacefully with my wife without issues that you caused us without any reason. Lastly we have only had our cat 4 weeks tomorrow 5/01/18. You must adjust the charges to reflect this. We would have paid the pet fee initially would we have known you that you required it. There is no signage to reflect this charge even exists however it is clearly posted in the lobby at ALL of the other locations of E.S.A. we have stayed. You are welcome to contact the other locations we have resided at to see that we had NOT had this cat earlier this year but rather until just 1 month ago tomorrow. None the less we were overcharged for the pet fee on 04/19/18. Please tie up these issues and let us live here in peace without having to research all this craziness for you. Best regards, Brian & Andrea Heidrich

attached to the email from myself to Nancy were these 3 documents.

1. 2015 North Carolina General Statutes
Chapter 105 - Taxation.
Article 5 - Sales and Use Tax.
§ 105-164.4F - 4F. Accommodation rentals.
Universal Citation: NC Gen Stat § 105-164.4F (2015)
105-164.4F. Accommodation rentals.

(e) Exemptions. - The tax imposed by this section does not apply to
the following:
(2) An accommodation supplied to the same person for a period of
90 or more continuous days.

2. SALES AND USE TAX TECHNICAL BULLETINS SECTION 27
SECTION 27 - HOTELS, MOTELS, INNS, TOURIST HOMES, TOURIST CAMPS AND CABINS, PRIVATE RESIDENCES AND COTTAGES RENTED TO TRANSIENTS
27-1 TAXABLE GROSS RECEIPTS
A. Retailers
All persons engaged in the business of operating hotels, motels, inns, tourist homes, tourist camps, and similar type businesses and all persons who rent private residences, condominiums or cottages to transients for consideration are deemed to be retailers and must register with the Department and collect and remit the tax herein required to be paid. The term "persons who rent to transients, " as used in this Bulletin, includes:
1. owners of private residences, cottages, apartments, condominiums, (time share and interval ownership properties as hereinafter described) and similar places; and
2. real estate agents, including "real estate brokers" as defined in G.S. 93A-2, who rent any such accommodations to transients on behalf of the owners.
When the rental agent is liable for the tax imposed, the owner is not liable. If the owner rents such accommodations to transients, the owner is liable for the tax and must register with this Department for sales and use tax purposes.
B. Tax Rate
Gross receipts derived from the rental of any room or rooms, lodgings or accommodations furnished by any hotel, motel, inn, tourist camp, tourist cabin and any private residence, condominium (time share and interval ownership properties), cottage or any other place in which rooms, lodgings or accommodations are furnished to transients for a consideration are subject to the general rate of State tax and any applicable local sales or use tax, except as set forth in Paragraphs C. and D. of this Bulletin or as otherwise provided by the
statute. Regarding fees or charges associated with accommodation rental, refer to Bulletin 27-5 of this Section.
{{{{{C. Rental For 90 Continuous Days Receipts derived from the rental of any room, lodging or accommodation to the same person fora period of 90 continuous days or more are not subject to the tax, and the tax collected from any person prior to the accumulation of such 90 continuous days of occupancy by said person shall be refunded to such person by the retailer collecting the same. A retailer actually making any such refund of tax which he has paid to the Department shall be entitled to claim credit for the tax so refunded on a subsequent return filed by him with the Department.}}}

I
12:00 pm EST

Extended Stay America rude management, overcharged

I stayed at the burr ridge ill location. I reserved a smoking room. The room's door was broken because it wouldn't catch on to the latch. It took two hours for the manager to switch my room which delayed me for my meeting as I couldn't leave my valuables in a unlocked room. After my room was switched, the lamps on the wall didn't work but I was already late and decided to not complain about it. Two days later, I received a loud knock on the door with a girl telling me rudely that I should have been gone and check-out was at twelve. I asked why didn't she ring the phone she said because she didn't have to and I needed to leave. I was dead asleep because I had a long birthday gathering the night before. I asked her to not speak with me in that tone and not to point her finger in my face. Ten minutes later she came back with the police while I was gathering my belongings. Not sure why that was necessary but it only added fuel to the fire. On the day of check in, another girl introduced herself as manager but the rude girl on the day of check-out screamed that she was the manager. She charged me a $275 smoking fee after I left the hotel when I clearly bought a smoking room! I went back and asked her to fix it and explained that she'd over drafted my account and I couldn't get back on the road because I needed that money for gas. She made me leave the establishment and I was so angry about being stuck in illinois that I threw the bell at her. She was behind the counter and I am glad. But I should not have been charged a smoking fee

G
7:27 pm EDT

Extended Stay America sex toys and crack pipe

So we are visiting extended stays for six month all over the west coast. So we are here in cypress california.. Well when we checked in we found after a week as we cleaned the room inside the recliner a bag with used male sex toys anal cream and a crack pipe.. We have a 14 month young baby and he played in the chair lifting cussion and played with bag what doesn't belong to us. Not good its so disgusting and unhealthy. We addressed it to management and they actually are very sweet ppl. But they didn't offered a new room or any imbursmeents... They should offered a new room or something... She offered free stay for a week but nothing happend. My name is sven gerstner room 236 in cypress ca.
But iam leaving here on sunday the 15th to san jose ca. Maybe you guys can make something happen... Cause they should cleaned rooms 100%.. Thx habe a good day

K
12:23 pm EDT

Extended Stay America horrible guest service

I recently stay at Extended stay/ Glenn Allen location twice and I was really disappointed. The first night I got off work at 12am and checked in, I was moved to three different rooms! Each room had something wrong with it which made it more of a unsatifed stay. The second time, I walked in not even greeted by the staff. I usually reserve my rooms online but was such in a rush. The girl stated that there were no rooms available in a rude way but to find out there was plenty. I went ahead and reserved my room right in front of her. Once I got to the room I found two bugs. I said ok it's only two I should be fine! Nooooo once I woke up itching I cut on the light and walked over to the sink there was a lot of baby roaches. Not once did I get a apology from staff or management! Terrible experience and I truly would not go back to this location!

6:13 pm EDT

Extended Stay America the towing of my vehicle after making arrangements with the desk clerk after check out to leave it until I was able to get a ride back and get it

I had been staying at the bothell wa. Esa, bothell canyon park while my home was being completed to move in on top of the close to $27, 000 I had spent with your company over the past few years in the 3 esa's in my area for various reasons for example taking care of my sick father after my mom had passed then after his passing I stayed a month at your lynnwood wa. Hotel to make funeral arrangements and to list and sell his home upon during that stay I had a new pressure washer stolen out of my truck and two days after my whole truck was stolen from your lot and then recovered 3 days later to my cost of 800.00 in impound and damage fees .so thinking my luck was better I reserved a room at the bothell canyon park location a year later while I was completing a remodel near by, well the first night there my truck a 1999 Ford f350 4x4 was stolen again! This time it was taken in the 2 hour timeframe that I was taking a nap after moving into a storage all night and my truck had my complete collection of snap-on tools that was my livelihood and my career including the large roll away toolbox that held my tools all with a used value of $28, 000 not to mention my file cabinet that contained my divorce papers and all of my medical records from a life threatening surgery I had just successfully gone through. That's my history leading up to the event I'm noe contacting you about first off let me say that I really enjoyed living with most of your staff they where nice to the point that over Thanksgiving last year you had a full hotel and your 3 washing machines where all broken and with a soccer team staying there the natives where getting restless, being a mechanic by trade I asked if I could take a look and a hour later I had all 3 washers working great and your guests where happy again. So a few weeks ago we where told to check out because since the huge increase in rent from 55.00 to 98.00 a night I was needing to transfer money from my inheritance to pay for our stay and it was as late as 2 hours past checkout one day before I was able to pay and a very crazy lady named Susan from your canyon park hotel refused to take my money saying that because I wasn't on the room as a guest that I needed to leave the desk or the police would be called so seeing that she was clearly like your normal staff told me a very unstable man hating lady I informed her that it was my name on the credit card that secured that room and that I had been there for 5 months without one problem with anyone there and I went back to my room and packed do I could take my business elsewhere upon checking out I asked your employee Tyler if it would be OK to leave my truck there until I was able to return for it because my fiancé didn't drive a stick he said no problem he would pass the word to his manager which I assumed he did .a couple days later I called and got Tyler again and apologized for not moving my truck yet he said no problem and even went to go check on it for me he came back and said all is good and I informed him I still had a valid permit issued by the hotel on the dash and he said he noticed and I told him I would get it in the next few days. 2 days after the conversation I returned for my truck and it was gone I panicked fearing the worst that it had been stolen again. But after asking around and calling the police I was informed that it had been reported abandoned by the manager of the hotel. So i finally got to speak with the manager after 6 attempts and this was the explanation I got " I had been on vacation for 2 weeks and when I got back your truck was still here after I had told you to check out so I called Marys towing in Everett and had it towed" I asked her if she tried to contact me she said no why should she I asked if she had spoken to any of her staff about it she said no and why they don't make the decisions she does so seeing that she clearly wasn't going to be professional about our conversation and explain why she personally posted the parking permit policy that stated they would make an attempt to contact me I decided that instead of just taking it personal and dragging my lawyers into this at more cost to myself that I can't afford I thought for all of the good that esa has done for me I will contact you and see what if any solutions you can come up with because your assistant manager Tanya is clearly to immature to be representing a large company such as Extended stay America and time is of the essense because I now font have my truck and with impound fees and storage at $58.00 a day I can't afford to get it out and it's worth $16, 000 that I am going to loose with a current bill of $1400, 00 to get it out today and 10 more days until it is auctioned off along with all my childhood memories that my mom had stored and collected since birth sitting on the back seat with the cremated remains of my best companion in life Echo my dog that past away 3 months ago in our room at the bothell canyon park extended stay. Please find it in your heart to un do the nightmare that your assistant manager is making me live and of no fault of my own I truly feel I did everything in my power to ask permission to leave it there and I would of expedited getting there to move it if it was in any way unsightly or a burden to anyone even the officers I spoke to that come through every hour said it's a good looking truck and not in the way of traffic or blocking in any way. Thank you for your time.. Sincerely Tim Feeney 425

E
4:51 pm EDT

Extended Stay America customer service

I'm in the Extended Stay America off of Nations Fork Road in charlotte. Te washing machines have been out of service for 3 days. I am out of patience and clean clothes. And the staff is like, "Oh well, too bad." Hey, ya [censored]. Why don't you call in a service to pick up, clean and return laundry. Why aren't they telling new arrivals that the machines are out and probably will be for weeks as the line under the building appears to be collapsed. What kind of outfit are you running? If I wake up tomorrow and it's not fixed or some alternate provided, I'm leaving. And I want a prorated rate for the last 3 days.

Eugene Hassett
[protected]

2:42 am EDT

Extended Stay America hotel

I placed an order with Priceline.com tonight and it was for an express deal for a hotel in Belleville Illinois the hotel that I was rendered was an extended stay in O'Fallon which is not an every day hotel. I talked to a customer service manager and we called the hotel and they said that they clean the room every seven days. if I needed someone to clean my room I can pay a fee for them to clean my room. If I want to clean towels I have to take them to the front desk and ask for the towels to be exchanged. this is not a hotel that I will want to take my children to stay it's not a hotel it's a place where people live on extended time. I am shocked that J.B 5260008 didn't find this to be a problem. He said that I could pay the fee. Really! I just wanted to get a different hotel! I guess I have to get a dispute from the credit card Company. I'm so disappointed that Priceline.com would consider this as an appropriate hotel.

2:29 pm EDT

Extended Stay America room not ready until 11:30pm because cleaning staff quit

I had a reservation (#[protected]) to stay at your San Jose location on Saturday 8/5. We showed up at 5:00 to check in. The front desk said that the room was not ready and to come back in about an hour. We came back around 6:30 and the room was still not ready. The receptionist told us that the cleaning staff had quit and no rooms were available. She suggested we go try to find another hotel. In a panic, I called numerous hotels in the area but they were all booked. We had no place to stay. I went back and explained to the receptionist that we had no where to go. She then went to clean a room. We got into our room at 11:30 pm. I have never experienced anything like this at an Extended Stay which we have stayed at on many occasions. I am hoping you will credit our entire room for the inconvenience you had caused. I have attached my invoice.
Thank you for your help.

6:37 pm EDT

Extended Stay America promotional refund not issued as advertised

As a frequent guest at Extended Stay, I receive promotional offers for various discounts. My complaint is regarding three separate reservations in which I did not receive the 20% discount for the entire stay as promised by the company. I had previously advised the clerk at the hotel that I would be extending and I asked how the discount refund would work, because it was supposed to be issued at the end of the stay. She told me, if I extend I would have to create a new reservation with another promo code each time and that the refund would issue when I checked out completely. At the end of my stay, she gave me a refund of $11.50 for one day of the third extension, which was for 4 days. When I asked about this, she stated all the system would do is refund 1 day of the current reservation and that the other credits should have been issued at the close-out of each. This is not the information originally provided and to make matters worse, I stayed again and the clerk did refund the full 20% of that 4 day stay, which means the original clerk only put in for 1 day refund of 20%. I am very upset and I have contacted the company multiple times. I am considering location 4 others online and initiating a class action. This is totally unethical. I am a good customer and I cannot believe that Extended Stay handles business this way.

7:34 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Extended Stay America hotel room in greenwood village, colorado (denver suburb)

June 6. Room 304. Website states the the room are renovated. No way!
Filthy. Broken U lock on door. No telephone/landline. Smoke alarm beeping at 4 am. No bed pad. Mattress stained with many body fluids and all that is between skin and mattress is a sheet. No dishes in cupboards. No cups. No soap. Damaged wall paint. Iron board. No iron. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Will never, ever stay in this hotel chain again!

F
6:13 pm EDT

Extended Stay America roaches in my room

I stayed at the location in Alpharetta GA for Memorial day weekend and the bed was very uncomfortable. the room wasn't clean, and on Saturday night I came in late and there was a very Large Roach crawling across my bed. I stayed up 2 hours until I caught and killed it. I took it to the front desk the next day and they were not able to help me. I was extremely disappointed! I asked if they could transfer me to the Dunwoody located and they said no. I stayed here:

Address: 1950 Rock Mill Rd, Alpharetta, GA 30022 Phone: [protected]

Phone: [protected]

A
1:55 pm EDT

Extended Stay America extended stay northridge ca

I checked in on sunday 6/5/17 checking out on 6/7/17. I was told that renovations were happening in the hotel during my stay, no problem. I work 16 to 18 hours while I'm here on business. My last nite stay was my opportunity to sleep till check out time. No renovation had happened thus far. I was awaking to beating on the door at 9am I yelled out " YES" to no reply. Again at 9:20am, I reply still no answer. I fall back to sleep then at 9:50am the beating repeats. By the time I can make it to the door I'm meet with Freddie the building guy telling me he has to come in the room. I going on to tell him I was still asleep and undressed, he goes on to tell me everyone was told they would be coming in the change the furniture. I said ok, but I'm not dressed I was still sleeping. Then he says ok I'm gonna make a call, I close the door then the phone rings. Shania from the front desk calls and says they need to get in your room, I tell her I'm not even dressed. Then she says ok, your checking out in an hour so ok. Seriously, they didn't know what quest were leaving and who was staying. I immediately got my things and got out by 10:30 am although checkout was at 11am. I have never been treated this way in all my years of staying anywhere.

6:45 pm EST

Extended Stay America stay at extened stay in auroua

First off really enhoy your service and inplan on using again but in thr future wouldnlike fir this location to be left off the list. Its by far the nastiest place ive stayed and even thou i got a great deal it wasnt worth what i paid. Until we reach some type of agreement that i wont get stuck here again i will probably use Priceline. The people at the front dont seem too worried about it and there are notes everywhere about the situation but dont seem to be anything done about it. They arent very nice and seem to be too busy to worry about what you have going on. I hope we can come to some conclusion like i said i really like your service and hope in the future we can do business again.

C
4:08 pm EDT

Extended Stay America illegal monitoring of hotel rooms

I've been at Extended Stay America at the Plano location on Plano Parkway and the location on Greenville/635 since last week. My first 4 days, I was checked into a room with dirty pillows and got locked in the bathroom with a door that stuck. The main problem was the monitoring of the room during the day and at night by Ted Kelley and Fr. Jonathan Austin as they watched me in my room including undressing and sleeping and made comments. They have stalked me at over 15 locations the past year. I've complained to the apartments and hotels as well as the police and Dallas Diocese, no one has made any effort to stop this. I am made a victim on a daily basis by their perverted behavior and this illegal tampering and privacy invasion. After my 4 day stay was up which I could not get out of, I did a search on hotwire and it pulled up the same location. I was able to cancel this. Did another search and it pulled up the same hotel at a different location I checked in at and had the same problem at across town. I did another search for this week and it resulted in the first location. I thought I would try again in a different room. Same problem and I haven't even been here 2 hours. I cannot get them to stop these illegal practices and for them to comment to say "it must be allowed because I am a single female and it's mandatory to have hotel porn like this" is absurd and illegal. I will write review after review online since no one is doing anything about it. DO NOT move to this location if you have any connection to the Catholic church. If you have means to stop this please email me: [protected]@yahoo.com

Read full review of Extended Stay America and 2 comments
2 comments
Marla Trujillo
, US
Oct 18, 2023 8:51 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Located in Anaheim, Ca., 92806

are guilty of discrimination and abuse of the civil rights of their long term residents specifically at this location.

This is because this hotel has been sold to the land developers who are building two 220 unit apartments adjacent to the parking lot and the Metro Link Transit. The city of Anaheim has been redeveloping this area via a funded land project that started in 2019, and they are very motivated to get this project completed.

It’s quite apparent that Extended Stay America would rather evict everyone instead of relocating the residents here.

According to sources, this building is scheduled to be torn down sometime in the first quarter of 2024. I know the city of Anaheim is in on this, as I have informed them of the uncivil business practices that Extended Stay Corporation has been committing and they won’t do anything about it.

You’d think they want to do something especially when the residents who applied for the emergency rental assistance through the city due to Covid 19 was more than what the actual rents were due to inaccurate rent filings from the hotel front desk. That means that the city overpaid on everyone’s rent.

On top of that, the only reason Extended Stay America Corporation is still in business is because they most likely filed for Femma assistance to cover their commercial mortgages as well as the Emergency Rental Assistance that been awarded to their residents across the country. If that’s the case, I consider that to be double dipping which would be illegal to do !

To add insult to all of this; they have the nerve to place an ad on Zillow featuring newly renovated studios for $2,500 per month with amenities such as a kitchen w/ stove & dishwasher, covered car parking, and new laundry equipment. The laundry room here has been out of order since July and we’re nearing November now. It seems that they have no plans to get any of the washers and dryers fixed and back in order. This place is starting to look run down and unkept not even to a minimal level !

Furthermore; none of these amenities exist here, in fact what they’ve done is that they have taken pictures of rooms from their Brea, Orange, and Yorba Linda locations and compiled them together to create the illusion of newly renovated studios that don’t exist here at this location. They have expressed their allegiance to the LBGTQ community’s civil liberties, fair housing and section 8 renter’s right.

What’s ironic about that is that the first people to be evicted from the premises were my neighbors on my floor who were known to be gay and very cool people.

That Zillow ad is false advertising and the treatment that my neighbors received from ESA is a defamation of their character !

If anyone wants to see this ad, they can go on Zillow and type in this address into the website browser: 1031 N. Pacificenter Dr. , Anaheim, California, 92806

It is a complete joke and an insult to me and anyone who’s been here long term. I have resided here for over 4 years now.

This whole thing stinks to high hell !

The city of Anaheim doesn’t seem to care and I’m experiencing some difficulties in getting through to the ACLU or any attorney who wants to even try and cognitively look at this case.

Too many corporations get away with unethical business practices to support their special interests and I think the civil legal system needs to intervene on this situation !

Lorie Catalano
, US
Aug 01, 2019 2:34 pm EDT

Well I Have been staying in Warwick, RHODE Island 260 Metro Centre .since May of 2019 first month I paid on my fathers credit card he came in and paid since I have paid cash now I found out they have been charging my fathers card on top of taking my cash the employee Levi was stealing cash we saw the manger at the end of July he said my fathers card would not be charged due to one he did not come in and approve it second there policy says they cant charge a card again unless that person comes in with there card and ID TO CHARGE SO 1000.00 A MONTH ROOM FOR THE LAST THREE MONTHS HAS TURNED INTO 3000.00 I HAVE CALLED SO MANY NUMBERS AND SOME ARE NOT IN SERVICE AND THE ONES THAT ARE TELL ME TO EMAIL MANGERS THAT NEVER RETURN MY EMAILS THEY BASCIALLY HAVE ROBBED ME AND I CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT ..IT IS A DISGRACED WHEN A COMPANY LIKE THIS CAN DO THIS TO PEOPKE AND GET AWAY WITH IT..SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Extended Stay America contacts