Express Flooringlying sales rep

C

During the sales pitch the sales rep (Chris) showed us this very professional and well created PowerPoint presentation. Further, Chris had my wife and I fill out this questionnaire asking us what our top 5 concerns were. Trust was our number one concern. Chris than focused his presentation to this concern. He listed several reasons why we should trust Express flooring . The number one reason he spent a extrodinary amount of time on was explaing how Express does not have the typical model of utilizing sub-contractors to install. Express exclusively uses thier own employees which have to clear a background and credit check pr they cannot work for Express. He further went on to elaborate that is why Home Depot fails, because they hire illegals and criminals (He actually had a PowerPoint slide that stated this). He then showed us statistics on why Express does over 20k installs a year because the Air Force exclusively uses them because of their direct employee installer base and the stringent background and credit checks they do. Further, he explained that when the installer is done, he will clean up after themselves by sweeping and vaccuming thier mess. Well, let me tell you, I am here to report that several of the things Chris assured us of, did not happen. For starters, the gentlemen that showed up at our door was a nice and well mannered young man but, looked like a Biker. But, when I asked him if he was a direct employee, he said no sir, I am a sub-contractor. He did a good job but, when he left, he did no clean up, we had to do it ourselves. Chris, our sales rep told us the other reason Express is so successful is because they dont use a knee kick stretcher. They exclusively use a "Power Stretcher" that does a better job than the knee kicker that Home Depot uses. When I saw the installer using a knee Kicker, I asked him if he was going to use a power stretcher and he said no, they only use that for ber ber carpets and commercial jobs. I dont want to bore you, I think you get the jist...there are many other things that Chris said that did not come true. Which makes me wonder if the warranty Chris sold us will be executed on as sold. BE CAREFUL with Express. As you will see, there are many complaints on them and I wish I would have seen this website before I gave them our money. GOOD LUCK!!!

• Hu
    Huynh-Toor Mar 04, 2014

I agree wholeheartedly. A sub-contractor came to my house, did a terrible job, and apparently left with our drill which has been missing since the install. There are holes in the wall where the carpet was ripped out, gaps where the flooring is not flush with the wall and worse! the stairs have a weird lip that the installer did not fit the molding to, so it sits there crookedly on top and angles down to where it meets the floor. I never imagined that the sales rep would have omitted that the stairs would look like that. A LIP? A LIP?! That was not expected. And now it is months and months later since Frank has not been calling us back. I guess they are sending the same contractor, so there's something. A LIP...I don't even know what to say or how to deal with these people. In home sales is AWFUL, you cannot get a complete picture of how these people are robbing you and leaving it almost worse than before. I would been better to spend my money on a class to learn to do it myself. Hindsight.