Expedia / Vacation Waiver — beware & expedia vacation waiver&
I have purchased a vacation package with Expedia Vacation Waiver option. It tells you “You can change or cancel your trip for any reason prior to the scheduled start of your trip”. Even if you read the fine-print it gives a first impression that you can cancel or change your package without losing money. However, when I called them to cancel the package, they responded that only the hotel was refundable under the Vacation Waiver and the airfare was not. Apparently, if your ticket is not-refundable / not-changeable according to the airline policy (which is often the case), Expedia Vacation Waiver will NOT cover its cost. You are going to lose the full value of your ticket. This is far not obvious from the description of the Vacation Waiver on the Expedia site. This experience costed me $600. So, beware.
More Expedia / Vacation Waiver Complaints & Reviews
- Expedia - worst of all, very rude customer service people!
- Expedia - non refundable
- Ebookers - avoid! avoid! avoid!!!
- Expedia - best price guarantee scam
- Expedia - attempt to commit fraud!
- Expedia - refund itinerary # 7343531174502
- Expedia - expedia.com. sg ignores their own refund policy and cheats its customers
- Expedia - Unhelpfully helpful.
- Expedia - canceled flight
- Expedia - illegal business practices