Menu
Etsy Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Etsy
reviews and complaints

www.etsy.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.5 4164 Reviews

How responsive is Etsy's customer service?

14 Resolved
512 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Etsy handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Etsy and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Etsy has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Etsy reviews and complaints 563

Newest Etsy reviews and complaints

A
10:14 pm EDT

Etsy Seller Platform

The company has started removing items they deem unfit for Etsy.com, the explanation given to us was that our items contain "regulated items" (batteries) but the listings they removed do not contain batteries.

There is no option to appeal this review, not place to reply, and their help / support page is broken, this is utterly pathetic and sadly exactly the kind of game you can expect from heartless, ugly big business today.

Desired outcome: Fix your help / support page, allow appeals, have publicly reachable email addresses, have some integrity, do not hide behind your large, faceless anonymity like a Facebook troll.

View 0 more photos
H
5:43 pm EDT

Etsy Account suspended no reply from etsy

Etsy will not let me know why my shop was closed and now holding my funds. They won’t reply to my emails and won’t let me know why my shop was closed or release my money although orders were already done.

Shop closed on June 26th. They are re holding over $1,000 no open orders from me Hoodoo Spells Shop.

Please release my money and respond to me thank you

Desired outcome: Release my money and let me know why my shop is closed and suspended

2:24 pm EDT

Etsy changing my visa card number

I have tried a million times to change my visa card number. the one on filed no longer works but continues to be listed. I am at my wits end and ready to cancel my esty account.

Desired outcome: Please change my visa number to [protected]. It expires on 6/25. the number on the back of the card is 435. This needs to be NOW.

8:17 pm EDT

Etsy product never arrived # [protected]

ordered a lamp from etsy seller crafty popsicle on june 5

Was supposed to be delivered on june 24 but it never came. Was given a phony tracking number by craftypopsicle.

I contacted the seller but no response. Tried it several times. Read that more costumers complained about being scammed by this company.

confirnation #[protected]

Order #[protected]

Desired outcome: Please refund my money I payed $158.66What else do you need to know.Please contact me.This is the third time I submitted this complaint.

11:03 am EDT

Etsy A mother and daughter fraud claiming to own the site

Honestly the Etsy app is supposedly run by a really rude mother claiming her daughter is saving up money for a bike. The last I checked Etsy was owned by the headquarters company not a random family . They literally scammed me out of my money I paid 18 dollars for one phone case ir should be 5 dollars not 18. But why would a 12 year old be selling sex toys off of Etsy that’s not appropriate at all for her mother to allow her to do that . I would like to get in touch with the real owner who owns it not some random person who claims to own it when I visited the site .

Desired outcome: To make sure they’re nicer to they’re customers and not lie who owns it

10:08 am EDT

Etsy Staff stealing

1 person in customer service (Wilon) and 2 people in security, Taylor and Jason stole a total of $917.99

There are no reachable numbers for management to inform. This was done Wed.and Thus. Of last week People in Security are to protect,not steal. Pleading for help and to stop these crooks from not doing this to others.
Brian O'Neil [protected]

Desired outcome: Immediate return of our money by certified check...not by entering Bank account, thisis how they stole our money in the first palace.

1:36 pm EDT

Etsy US silver Morgan antique dollars

Sold me items they did not have. Did NOT refund. Said they were unable. Cussed me out and dismissed me. Then without knowledge or permission sent me some total destroyed , clearly damaged, total decayed replacements. I purchased a low mintage valuable, in great shape and pictured model. And at a very great price. However, when I didn't rec. a shipped notice after being charged a few days prior, I contacted the seller. He informed me in short. " We sold that local". I complained as to why he didn't bother not billing me, or contacting me. NO they use my money, while I pay interest for this whole chirade. This is bait and switch. AND IT'S FRAUD. Etsy website is like the old AOL. unhelpful and a waste of time and effort. I'm still out the money and paying interest. regards.

Desired outcome: refund and close etsy.

10:16 am EDT

Etsy Account

To whom it may concern,

I had opened a shop with Etsy and had a range of products which I designed myself and then they were made with the help of a printing company for production assistance – this is stated in there policy that this is allowed.

Through this shop I had made sales to very happy customers and understood that being a new shop owner Etsy puts any sale funds into a payment reserve for 90 days in which after that the payment reserve is lifted and the amount in reserve is available for deposit into the shop owner (in this case myself) bank account.

Friday the 10th of June 2022 my payment reserve was lifted and funds due to go into my account within 3 days, within that 3 days my account was suspended and my funds stated $0.

I received an email to say that my account has been closed due to policy violations which I was not aware of as in the best interest of my shop I thought adding my logo to items was allowed but Etsy has flagged some of my items as not hand made.

Etsy also states this below

“Upon termination, any non-disputed Available Funds will be deposited into a seller’s bank account. Etsy reserves the right, upon termination of access to Etsy Payments, to set off against any payments to be made to the seller, an amount determined by us to be adequate to cover any anticipated charge-backs, refunds, adjustments or other amounts that might be paid to buyers in connection with purchases from the seller's payment account for a prospective 180-day period.”

At the time of my account being closed (3 days after the payment reserve was lifted) I was not in dispute with any of my funding – Etsy states that this would be deposited into the seller’s bank account (myself) – Etsy did not do this.

My customers have all received their orders (tracking can be provided for each) – so there are no funding disputes.

I have contacted Etsy 6 times in relation to my funds and have filed a appeal to have my suspension lifted, as I am a very honest person and learnt what mistakes I made.

I have raised the following Tickets and appeals with Etsy – with no response and a message at the bottom of these Tickets to say - This request is complete. Etsy has not responded.

Ticket ID - #8784866

Ticket ID - #8793600

Ticket ID - #8795140

Ticket ID - #8773394

Ticket ID - #8796677

Ticket ID - #8764051

My appeal to Etsy as below.

I’m writing in regards to my Etsy store HuskyDust, which was recently suspended. My store sells ecommerce print-on-demand items, including sneakers, blankets, mousepads and plush animals etc.

After reviewing Etsy’s terms of service, I see that some of my items which I thought could be customized with just my logo are not classed as own handmade items or designs.

I am truly sorry about this and I promise to make the following changes in my shop to prevent any further incident, I have removed all the listings that only have my logo attached to the product, you will find that the items there now are all designed by myself and made with the help of production assistance. (I have removed all the items that I thought could be customized with my logo)

I appreciate the opportunity to sell my products on Etsy, and I hope you can understand and lift the suspension on my shop.

I would like this matter addressed and reviewed as a matter of urgency as Etsy is now holding my funds for 180 days, which is unfair and unreasonable considering there are no payment disputes.

Kind regards

Mandy

Desired outcome: I would like an acknowledgment sent to [protected]@hotmail.com in relation to my appeals to have my account suspension lifted and my funds deposited into my bank account

12:40 pm EDT

Etsy Complaint

On May 26, I ordered a cup with personalized inscription. I was given tracking information that it would be delivered 6-4 to 6-17. I received an email that it was delivered to a lock postal box on 6-5-22. The cup was not in the box. When I contacted ETSY via email, the representative Kristin very rudely stated that I look on a porch, at neighbors or other places. I replied that it was delivered to a LOCK box. So I requested a refund. She again rudely said that it was confirmed delivered and would not give a refund. She also stated that I contact the shipper. They are the shipper so therefore they were responsible for delivery to correct address. This is the 2nd time we have had difficulty with the ETSY.com seller.

Desired outcome: full refund or replacement. A sincere apology and credit for any other future purchase.

K
11:07 am EDT

Etsy I am due a refund

In April of this year I orddered table runners from Nashima Home Decor, an Etsy seller. The items did not work out and I requested permission to return them. Was told I would get a no-charge return label. Took one month to get the label, it was expired. Requested again. Got two labels, on for each table runner. I retuned the items via UPS on May 7, 2022. I was told a refund would be forthcoming with 12 hours. It is one month later, still no refund.

Nashima Home Decor does not want to take any responsibility, puts it off on Etsy. Etsy is unreachable — I get emails from them that are 1) non-return, and 2) contain a url for customer service that is non-existant.

Desired outcome: I want my refund ASAP

6:08 am EDT

Etsy BalterStore

Hi,

I am hoping you can help me. I am getting extremely frustrated by the service or lack of I have received from the above company. I made an order on 13/02/22 and the item was not dispatched nor received. I chased the seller on 17/04/22 and received an automated message. I then contacted her on 10/05 and received the same automated message. I then requested 'help with my order' the same day advising that my order did not arrive, nor was it dispatched and I would like a refund, and I am still without a response. I have been to chase the matter again today, and the person nor company shows as unavailable. I am so disappointed and feel completely ripped off.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Emily Follows

Desired outcome: Please refund

5:37 pm EDT

Etsy Frauds its sellers/shops

I contacted Etsy about an abusive review and they did nothing resolve the problem. They removed the review from my view but the removal didn't affect the overall score of my reviews. I wouldn't usually be upset about something like this, but I was already hanging by a thread with Etsy here. My business has been in business for 10+ years (I've only been on Etsy about half that time). I'm sick and tired of them pretending not to be a dying husk of the website they formally were. I'm sick of how they abuse shop owners like Etsy's Amazon or something (You're not, no matter how many times you lie to your investors). I know that Etsy has already been sued by their investors for fraud, and yet they still lie and continue to collect money not only from the shops and sellers they over charge and screw with no customer service to speak of, they screw their investors too. You want to know what website marketplace to NOT invest in this year? Etsy, that's who. They're a joke of a website and on the way out the door. BYE

Desired outcome: I want them to efficiently communicate with business owners and not be shady when it comes to customer support. Etsy has become problematic.

1:11 pm EDT

Etsy Abusive treatment of sellers

Etsy has an algorithm of some kind that looks for potential violations of policy. They do not confirm violations actually exist. The consequence is that you receive an automated message your listing is in violation of policy and the listing has been deactivated. They do not tell you what the violation is, because they do not actually determine there is one. The automated message also says their decision is final (no appeal) and threatens to close down your shop if you have another violation, even though there wasn't one in the first place. It is impossible to avoid this happening to you, because following policy doesn't matter in these cases. This happened to one of my listings that was dead center in normal practice for Etsy. It was in fact built from a template used to make about 200 other listings. It's kind of like a lightening strike. Destructive and random. It also does not solve the problem of people using Etsy like Amazon, selling stuff they neither made, nor can actually be used to make crafts. Some of their biggest sellers are the biggest violators, so they have no real motive to police their site. This makes Etsy a lot like Facebook, having no intention to police their site because they profit from violations. They do want to look like they police their site so they have an algorithm that pretends to do this.

Desired outcome: Etsy providing proof of violations when they trigger deactivation of a listing and provide an appeal process for when they get it wrong.

Y
3:32 am EDT

Etsy Shop was put on vacation mode after updating tax info for 2022

At the beginning of May 2022, I received an email from Etsy saying I would need to update my Etsy shop's legal and tax information or my shop would be shut down when I reached $600 in sales. Since I was getting close to that many sales I decided to update it soon to prevent a forced shut down from happening. I updated my tax info and received two contradictory messages; one said that it hadn't been successful and to try again but that if I tried twice and it didn't go through that my shop would be put on a forced vacation mode. The other message, right under the first one, said that I had successfully updated my info. When I tried to check out my shop I saw it had been put on a forced vacation mode. I have tried to reenter my information. My shop is still on vacation mode. After waiting a couple days I sent an email to Etsy support. A week later I received a canned reply that only reiterated what their article says to do, which is what I have tried at least a dozen times over. No personalized help whatsoever. I tried re-uploading my documents (which have not changed and should have been correct) and was told I would receive an email to let me know that they had been approved or if I would need to provide more info. Three weeks later I still have not heard back from them regarding any of these issues. Etsy no longer has a live chat support nor do they have a customer support phone line. And they don't seem to have humans replying to the emails we send. This is a simple issue to resolve and they refuse to address it! How am I supposed to re-open my shop? I have not broken any rules in the contract and only tried to follow them by updating my tax info as required! I am in the process of building my business and was just starting to get consistent customers; I am now losing them and many sales! I am extremely upset; these are NOT professional, sustainable, or ethical business practices.

Desired outcome: Fix the glitch in their system for updating tax information. Take my shop off forced vacation mode. Provide better customer service by reinstating live chat support as well as a support phone number.

K
9:06 am EDT

Etsy Payment not received

Item ships they hold your money for 45 days not counting the 3 days prior . Not like the site item shipped money received

Desired outcome: Close account deposit all my money

C
9:05 pm EDT

Etsy Merchandise not received

I order a Pennsylvania Land grant from the early 1800. The seller was from Cosby-Rare books in Landsdale Pennsylvania. I paid a total of $168.. for shipping and handle ling. The add stated free shipping or a discount. The add for the Clear-field Land Grant was $150.00 initially be then reduced slightly. I though also even with the slight discount cost of the antique Pennsylvania Land Grant. The free shipping was not applied, The owner of Cosby Rare books , lands dale Pa sent it via Media Mail and it could not be delivered to my house located at 308 Sycamore Rd, Reading Pa., 19611. I went to both Ready US Post office on Saturday May 22, 2022. I was told by the Post Master Assistant supervisor whom the document was shipped back to her . The Post office also had my business email of P.O. Box 67702, Wyo missing, Pa., 19611 The Post master assist gave the sender address as well. Could you Please CONTACT Cosby Rare books AND HAVE HER SEND ME THE DOCUMENT by REGULAR MAIL TO p.o. BOX 6792, Wyo missing, Pa., 19610. Thank you, Colette M. Bressler [protected]

I want to give both Etsy and Cosby Rare Books the benefit of the doubt before i file a complain with the police as well as the Better Business Borough.I am giving a rare chance to make good of this bad situation . I own the Pennsylvania barber Guild and this is a documented of unrecorded history. I do have prof from only line banking that a total of $168.68 came out of my accouint on April 1, 2022 and was sent out asap only to be returned on April 13, 2022 because it was not sent by regular postal services. According to the USPS , reading Pa., it seems like it was send out via media and then thqt caused an automatic tracking number which i still do have in my possession. Please I reiterate the importance of collecting this document or full return of my monies of $169.68 cents pronto please,

Colette M. Bressler

P.O. Box 6701

Wyomissing, Pa., 19611

[protected]@gmail.com

[protected]

11:43 am EDT

Etsy Will Not Release Funds

I have had my account funds held since January 2022. They closed my account and refuse to give me my remaining funds from my sales. They emailed me and told me to reinstate my account, but I can't because they closed it. I can not get an employee to answer my request or have a number to call them. My store name is "MyCreativeBuilding". I read the "terms" and I was placed on a hold as it stated hen you "open" an account, not when it is closed by Etsy. How can I get my money out of this company?

Desired outcome: My money issued to me.

Read full review of Etsy and 2 comments
View 0 more photos
2 comments
W
W
wheresmymoney
london, GB
Jun 27, 2022 5:21 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hey I was wondering have you managed to get your money yet? I have the same issue, I had my store closed in November and still no money.

Buddy A Harris
, US
Jun 27, 2022 10:03 am EDT

No. I checked again and nothing. I am glad it’s not a lot. That upfront money they hold that paid for the cost to have a product to sell. I never recommend even buying off them after all the fee hikes because that means all those stores had to raise their costs 30%. Knowing that, you now know you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

4:20 pm EDT

Etsy Esty payment reserve

After selling our first two items a reserve was placed o. our account. 75% of each sale was being held for 45 days.

Despite providing tracking with proof of delivery we are still waiting for over £400 pounds.

I have sent full tracking to customer services only to receive and email explaining about the reserve. As a business we can on afforded to sell and not get paid for 45 days.

As a result we have removed out listings and no longer sell on esty.

Desired outcome: Reserve being removed and getting our money for the items we have sold.

9:37 am EDT

Etsy Misleading advertising.

I ordered a silver Labrador dog figurine from Gemmi.LV on May 2, 2022. The internet presentation included a full-sized picture of the product. No dimensions were provided. The figurine we received was much smaller than I expected on the basis of the overall presentation. Etsy should not allow the sale of figurines on their website that do not include their dimensions.

Desired outcome: Assurance from Etsy and Gemmi.LV that dimensions will be included in Gemmi.LV presentations.

R
8:49 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Etsy Not delivering a present to my daughter

I ordered 3 mugs under (bob's Burgers) for my daughter they were priced at £14.99 and on Monday 9th May 2022 they put 'proof of delivery on my website citing Tracking number WU619238986GB card had been put through the door

My daughter who had been in all day said that she had no post that day and it apparently on the card mentioned that it had been put in a safe place - for my daughter a safe place would mean at the back of the garden gate, behind or even in the dustbin but there was nothing place

It therefore, leads us to suppose that it was delivered to the wrong address, or if it had the person kept it, or the postie kept it

The address should have been 18Thrumpton Lane, Retford, Notts DN22 6HS and my daughters name is: Miss Francesca Jacobs

Thanks Mrs R Jacobs

Desired outcome: Either to deliver the exact parcel again or please refund

Etsy In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The design of Etsy's website is visually appealing and user-friendly. The layout is clean and intuitive, making it easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. The search function is efficient, allowing users to filter and sort results to quickly find the desired products. Overall, the website design and user experience are top-notch.

Product Variety and Quality: Etsy offers an extensive range of products, catering to diverse interests and preferences. Whether you're looking for handmade crafts, vintage items, or unique gifts, Etsy has it all. The quality of the products is generally high, with many sellers showcasing their craftsmanship and attention to detail. It's a treasure trove for those seeking one-of-a-kind items.

Seller Reputation and Trustworthiness: Etsy has a robust system in place to ensure seller reputation and trustworthiness. Each seller has a profile that displays customer reviews and ratings, providing valuable insights into their reliability and product quality. Additionally, Etsy has a buyer protection program that safeguards against fraudulent sellers, giving users peace of mind when making purchases.

Pricing and Value for Money: The pricing on Etsy varies depending on the seller and product. While some items may be priced higher due to their uniqueness or craftsmanship, there are also plenty of affordable options available. Overall, the value for money on Etsy is excellent, considering the quality and uniqueness of the products offered.

Customer Service and Support: Etsy's customer service and support are commendable. They have a responsive and helpful customer support team that promptly addresses any queries or issues. Additionally, the seller community on Etsy is known for its friendly and helpful nature, often going above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.

Shipping and Delivery: Shipping and delivery on Etsy can vary depending on the seller and location. However, most sellers provide accurate shipping estimates and offer various shipping options to choose from. It's advisable to check the individual seller's shipping policies before making a purchase to ensure a smooth and timely delivery experience.

Return and Refund Policy: Etsy has a fair and transparent return and refund policy. If a buyer is unsatisfied with their purchase, they can contact the seller directly to discuss a resolution. If an agreement cannot be reached, Etsy's customer support can step in to mediate. In cases of non-delivery or misrepresented items, Etsy provides buyer protection and facilitates refunds or returns.

Community and Social Engagement: Etsy has a vibrant and engaged community of sellers and buyers. The platform encourages social engagement through features like forums, teams, and the ability to follow favorite sellers. This sense of community fosters connections, allows for collaboration, and provides a supportive environment for both sellers and buyers.

Security and Privacy Measures: Etsy takes security and privacy seriously. The website uses secure encryption protocols to protect user data and transactions. Personal information is handled with care and is not shared with third parties without consent. Additionally, Etsy provides options for users to manage their privacy settings and control the visibility of their personal information.

Overall User Satisfaction and Recommendation: Overall, Etsy is highly regarded by its users. The platform offers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, with a vast selection of quality products. The community aspect adds to the overall satisfaction, as users can connect with like-minded individuals. Whether you're a buyer or a seller, Etsy is a fantastic platform that comes highly recommended.

How to file a complaint about Etsy?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with the Etsy company. Make it specific and clear, such as "Delayed Shipment from Etsy Seller" or "Product Not as Described on Etsy Shop".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Include key areas such as:

• The nature of the product or service purchased from the Etsy seller.
  • Any discrepancies between the item received and the listing description.
  • Communication with the seller, including any attempts to resolve the issue.
  • Shipping or delivery problems, if applicable.
  • Refund or return issues.
  • The timeline of events, to give context to your complaint.
  • How the issue has personally affected you, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or disappointment.

Be as specific as possible, mentioning dates, amounts, and any other relevant transaction details. If you have attempted to resolve the issue with the seller, include this information as well as the seller's response or lack thereof.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents such as receipts, correspondence, screenshots, or photos that support your complaint. Ensure that these documents do not contain sensitive personal information like your address, credit card details, or social security number.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial loss you have incurred as a result of the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, clearly state what resolution you are seeking from the Etsy seller or company, whether it's a refund, exchange, or other forms of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Check for spelling and grammar errors, and ensure that all the information provided is correct and to the point.

8. Submission process: Once you are satisfied with your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to send your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com for review and publication.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, monitor your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or even a response from the Etsy seller or company. Stay active in the conversation to ensure your issue is addressed.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Etsy customer service

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Etsy?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Etsy Customer Service. Initial Etsy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Etsy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Etsy. Discuss the issues you have had with Etsy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.