esso canadarude behaviour

M

After having an issue with my bankcard, I was unable to provide payment for my $10 of gas. After immediately asking me to step aside so the cash could tend to paying customers, I was rudely told that the money I didn't pay would come from the cashier's check. I informed the woman that I doubted that, as that kind of thing is illegal. I told her I wasn't sure why the payment didn't approve but that I could pop home and be back in less than 30 mins. She, again rudely, replied that I would have to call someone. I explained to her there was no one to call. She then called over who I can only assume was the owner, who promptly took to lecturing me and letting me know he does not run a business on "good intentions". I've never been treated so rudely, or like such a criminal in my life. It was disgusting; especially in front of the owner and by the owner. So, Trotter's Esso - thanks for making me feel like a piece of dirt criminal over $10; that I returned to pay in less than 30 mins. Great business plan, super customer service and awesome home-town feel you put out.

I won't be returning.

• Vi
    VindicAtor Sep 13, 2011

Leaving your driver's license there while you went to get the cash should have been sufficient. But then again, have you ever owned a business, especially a gas station/ convenience store? They have heard, seen, and been taken by it all. That said, I wouldn't go back there either. What was the problem with your card anyway?