Eskom Holdingselectricity supply

N Dec 17, 2019

Meter number: [protected]
Account number: [protected]

I would like to formally complain about the service I have received from Eskom. My experience has been nothing short for appalling and despicable.

In 2015 you gave us a prepaid meter box and advised us to wait for the power to switch off then only then we can come and activate the prepaid meter. During this period I went to the Eskom office in Diepkloof where I was advised to wait for the power to go off before coming to collect the smart card. That never happened and we were never on prepaid.

Fast forward to 2019 I reported an electricity supply issue and was advised that I have been penalized for "Tampering" when I have not tampered with the electricity instead my prepaid electricity was not activated. The feedback I got was that I need to pay a fine of R6052 in order to be reconnected which I did pay this amount of 11 June 2019. I was then advised to purchase a voucher at any filling station which I did on 12 June 2019. I bought 2 vouchers of R200 on that day.

I have been unfairly treated and feel I was not supposed to pay this amount because I did NOT tamper, it is your incompetence and lack of attention to detail that you had not activated me on prepaid from 2015. It was not my duty to keep coming to the office to request that you switch my power off and activate me on prepaid but solely yours. And this is a service failure on your part. I want answers and refund of my money.

YOU DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS ONE NOT ME!!!

The technician by the name of Jacob from the Diepkloof came to reconnect the power and told us that the power has been reconnected and it reflected that the power had been reconnected on the meter box we have in the household.

The meter box had units captured in it and he advised that as soon as the units reduce we can start using the vouchers we had bought.

To date I have not used those vouchers because I still have power. I called again to report that the power had gone off and that the meter box is showing error 30, I spoke to a consultant Nangwane who then escalated and a technician by the name of Pebetsi came to restore the power. In that light Pebetsi advised that she needs to get a bigger circuit break as the one we have (63amp) was small, to this date this has not been done. Another service failure!!

I called in to follow up on this and each time I call in to report an issue I'm told that they are still busy investigating tampering on the meter box. Why on earth are you still investigating if this tampering issue was resolved back in June already!

Every consultant I spoke to gives me a different explanation which does not make sense and you lie to us that power is restored when it isn't.

Recently the power went out again and when I called I am told of the same excuse that they still need to investigate my buying history and tampering of the meter box before a technician can come through.

How long do I need to wait for this investigation to complete and why should I go through this whole distress over and over again of this tampering issue when it should have been resolved. Why can't you pick up that the penalty fee of R6052 was paid and we were reconnected.

See below reference numbers of all calls I have made, I need a comprehensive feedback on this matter as I am taking it to a higher level:

301416964 - this I've been recently advised that this ref is to investigate tampering
301546921 - This was closed as "Cleared and electricity restored" when no one came to restore the electricity. I need the name of this technician who claims they came and closed it off.

I am being bullied and violated by Eskom and I'm definitely going to make a big noise about this. I demand a comprehensive report on everything you have done to this account with all investigations and findings.

I HAVE BEEN HARASSED BY YOUR TEAM AS EVERYTIME I CALL TO REPORT AN ISSUE I AM BEING TOLD YOU ARE INVESTIGATING MY METER FOR TAMPERING WHEN THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE RECORDED THAT I PAID THE FINE I WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO PAY IN THE FIRST PLACE AND HAVE BEEN RECONNECTED!

Further to this, I logged ref: 301657321 (closed as completed but issue still not resolved) and 301667548 and your technicians keep closing the reference numbers as "Issue resolved and power restored" but they have not done that and power is still not restored.

After 3 attempts of your technicians closing my reference numbers as resolved, now they told me that the meter box has been vandalized and are still waiting for assistance in opening the box in order to resolve the query.

All this was not communicated on the initial reference numbers I logged instead they lied and said the box is vandalized when it was not yet they kept closing the reference numbers as "complete, power restored" how did they restore the power if the box has been vandalized and cannot open it? ANOTHER SERVICE FAILURE ON YOUR PART!!!

I have spoken to one of your supervisors Sharon Fransch - Polokwane contact centre who is as useless as your agents. She couldn't assist me further nor could she give me any solid information. She couldn't even provide me with a turnaround time on when I should expect a technician to come through. Appalling from a so called supervisor.

When your technicians fix a fault they normally come through to the stand number in question to ensure that indeed issue is resolved and that power is restored but none of the assigned technicians have done that which proves that your team is a bunch of incompetent liars.

It is now 17 December 2019 and my power has been cut off when i query this further i am still told the same excuse that i was given 6 months ago that my account is with scheduling and the meter is being investigated for tampering.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD I TAMPER WITH THE METER AFTER PAYING R6000 + DO YOU THINK I LIVE ON PAYING PENALTIES TO ESKOM? IS THIS A WAY OF MAKING UP THE BILLIONS YOU ARE IN ARREARS. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH APPALLING SERVICE, HOME AFFAIRS IS EVEN BETTER WITH THE SERVICE.

I want answers and I want them fast!! I have had enough!