Equifax Information Services Logo

Equifax Information Services

Having problems with Equifax Information Services?

Equifax Information Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 18, 2007. The latest review Credit reports was posted on Jan 16, 2021. The latest complaint fraud was resolved on Sep 24, 2014. Equifax Information Services has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 60 reviews. Equifax Information Services has resolved 21 complaints.

Equifax Information Services Customer Service Contacts

138 332 (Australia)
+1 866 640 2273 (For Existing Customers)
+1 888 548 7878 (For Existing TrustedID Customers)
+1 877 742 1415 (Online Enrollment)
+1 800 685 1111 (Credit Report CS)
+1 888 298 0045 (Credit Report CS)
+1 866 349 5191 (An Automated Service)
+44 333 321 4043 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 698 332 (New Zealand)
+351 210 302 633 (Portugal)
+54 115 352 1700 (Argentina)
+506 22 956 855 (Costa Rica)
+593 26 020 082 (Ecuador)
+503 22 083 501 (El Salvador)
+504 22 397 686 (Honduras)
+595 214 399 000 (Paraguay)
+598 26 281 515 (Uruguay)
P.O. Box 740256

PO Box 10036, Leicester, LE3 4FS

Spain
C/ Goya, 29 Planta 2-3, 28001 Madrid

India
Unit № 931, 3rd floor, Building no. 9, Solitaire Corporate Park, Andheri Ghatkopar Link Road, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400093

Equifax Information Services Complaints & Reviews

Equifaxadditional charges

I authorized equifax to run a one time credit check on a tenant. The $12.95 fee continued to show on my visa statement for a year and a half!! They repeatedly refused to reverse any charges, provided fraudulent charges every month. I called and spoke with w a supervisor and they told me there was nothing that can be done, that I had authorized the charges. Lies! They had my visa card number, but my ex husbands name. They refused to reverse any of the charges because his name is on the account yet they are using my visa number. If you are considering using this company.. Run as fast as you can.

JoshiF Apr 21, 2012

I have recently had a very similar experience to that related here.

In 2011 I took out a Gold Service Trial with Equifax with one month to cancel should I not want their services. I canceled before the month's end and an Equifax staff member did the cancellation with me.

Now, some one year later, I've just noticed that Equifax have started taking money out of my bank account. Interestingly, the took the first amount out three months ago. Then they took the same amount out just a month ago -- so, that's with one month in-between when they didn't take anything out.

I had let this run just to see how wicked Equifax could be. You see, I had not re-contracted for any of their services. And yet, there are two acts of theft by Equifax on my bank account.

I am now looking into the best way to handle this. I feel that Equifax owe me compensation for this criminal action which they've done. They have taken my money without my say so. They have denied me the use of my own money.

I am prepared to take this matter up in the courts, if necessary -- theft is theft. Of course, Equifax can say "But, we were mistaken. The computer that did the transaction must have switched itself on ..." So, that would be negligence as well as theft, as well as damages.

Equifaxrefuses to correct false information

Equifax is currently reporting a bankruptcy on my credit report that is not mine! I obtained a copy of the bankruptcy they are reporting - from the court - to prove it is not mine, and they will not accept it. They said they received the information from the courts. The bankruptcy court said that was not true. The use off shore low wage employees with standard script to repeat to consumers who call. I am about to be denied a mortgage because of this false entry. And they refuse to do anything about it!

Equifax — recurring, inaccurate info in my credit report

Thru the years, I've had the BIG headache of Misreporting by Equifax. Showing incorrect, inaccurate...

Equifax Credit Watch Silver — failure to deliver services

Equifax' Credit Watch service failed to send me 10 e-mail alerts for over the course of more than a...

Equifaxpoor customer service

Stay away from equifax. Really poor customer service. You will not get what you pay for. It took over two times just to set up the account. We never got the email alerts and the customer service rep kept blaming us. When we went to cancel the service they kept telling us what we were doing wrong and would not cancel it. I ended up getting into a shouting match with the representative who kept telling me my service was working. I finally canceled the service and signed up with Identity Guard. Don't go with equifax if you want your money's worth!!

Equifax — charged me $12.95 for a free credit report

I answered questions for a free credit report. I did not even print out the credit report. Was given the...

Equifax Inc.fraud alert

Equifax is without a doubt the most inept consumer reporting company ever allowed to stay in business. It took me 3 months to get a copy of my "free" credit report, only to find out they didn''t have my birthdate correct.(I'm over 50, don't you think they have had enough time to get it right?) When I went to file my online dispute and after I had entered all the information, and carefully checked it twice, I was informed that the online service was temporarily not working. I had spent nearly an hour filling everything out. The internet then informed me that there was a number on my report that I could call to dispute by phone. I can only find automated numbers. It is impossible to speak to a human being at any hour of the day! TransUnion and Experian were fabulous to deal with and made the appropriate changes immediately. Why is Equifax allowed to operate in such a deliberately inefficient way?

• Co
            Concerned_Daughter_062020 Jun 23, 2020

They are the worse!!! I never write negative reviews but I could not skip this opportunity to let people know how incompetent Equifax is. My elderly parents started getting calls and denial letters about credit card applications they knew nothing about. My mother just got out of the hospital and is not doing well. In fact, her nurse was here taking blood from her while I was on the call with Equifax. They refused to speak with me and I understand the security measures so I put my mother on the phone and tried to use the speaker, but it was too difficult to make out what the person was saying because she spoke with such broken English that my elderly mother could not understand her. We took the phone off speaker so she could hear better but she still had difficulty understanding her. When the person asked my mother what her mortgage payment was, she told the person that she did not have a mortgage payment, but they kept asking for the monthly mortgage amount. I asked if they could ask me the questions so I could repeat it to my mother and have my mother answer the questions but they said they could not do that. So needless to say, my parents will more than likely have their credit ruined because of incompetent people who can't speak English!!!

• Ca
            Carolyne Crissy Dec 20, 2011

This agency reported wrong information in my credit report for Chase Visa. This account is not mine.I was working in a store and the lady/owner gave me a card as authorized user to use it for the business. I never ever apply for this credit card. Please i need you to help me remove this immediately so i can buy a house

• Ab
            Abatte Oct 29, 2011

I filed a complaint with equifax about something that was incorrect on my credit report. I sent them numerous documents on correcting the problem. One of which was a certified document from the courts here in Greene County to which it was paid. The response I received was it was not enough for it to be removed. They claimed that they contacted the courts and stated it was not taken care of. I went down to the court house and once again was given paper work to prove it was taken care of. I called Equifax from the court house, even had the court system fax them the paper work, Again Equifax, refused to take it off of my credit report, because they stated that their investigator could not prove that it was paid. I am at my wits end with this Credit Reporting Agency. CSC Credit Services, is not even associated with Equifax, and still they are reporting in Equifax behalf. The lady (Jennifer) stated that they are allowed to do whatever they feel they want to do. I have to just deal with it. THen she laughed at me, when I told here I was trying to fix my credit to buy a house. I asked her for Equifax number and was told that it would not do me any good. How can these credit agencies have such power to be able to ruin peoples lives and businesses use them as if they was written in stone.

Equifaxrefused to cancel purchace made by mistake

While trying to get a copy of my credit report, I initially had difficulty logging in after providing them my credit card information and called Equifax support to resolve the problem. In retrospect the person was more of a sales person than tech support. He advised me to purchase the Score Watch service. While making the purchase I inadvertently ended up purchasing Equifax Identity Report.

When I realized my mistake, the Equifax person immediately transferred me to their resolution department where I was told that the purchase could not be canceled since it was for a onetime service. I didn't want the service, have not used the service, and feel cheated and deceived.

I have made a lot of online purchases and have not run into a situation like this were it was so easy to make a purchase I didn't want and not be able to cancel it.

• Di
              Diane P Aug 31, 2009

The same thing happened to me! I know my credit is excellent, but was interested in getting a 'Credit Score' since I am refinancing my home and was told my Credit Score could suffer if I had recently opened new credit cards (which I had to get 10% off at Home Depot, Penny's, etc...). Anyway, I KNOW I have no credit card debt. But I was required to enter my credit card informartion into the Equifax website into in order to advance to the Credit Score icon. Once I realized there was a charge for the Credit Score, I exited the program. Next thing I know I'm getting a bill for $14.95 for a Credit Report which I did not ask for and certainly never received -- PLUS the Equifax website boasts a 'free' credit report so clearly I should not have been charged.

I have submitted a dispute with the Better Business Bureau and have contacted Equifax 3 times. What a ripe off! Diane Patton. August, 2009

Equifax Credit Watch With 3 In 1 Monitoringunauthorized charges

I signed up for Equifax's Credit Watch Service with the understanding that I had 30 days of free trial service before being charged a monthly fee of $14.95. I did provide a credit card number at the time, which I expected would be charged a month later if I did not cancel the service (which was my intent). Instead, I was charged the day I signed up for the service. I realized this only after returning from a week's vacation and reconciling my bills, etc. When I called to have the charge reversed, I was told that this was impossible because the charge was applied more than 24 hours prior to my call. When the supervisor of the Customer Service rep I talked to forwarded my claim to the Billing Department, she warned me that Billing would make it very difficult for me to receive a refund. Sure enough, I received an email from "Customer Care" within a few hours denying my request, citing the fact that I should have immediately recognized the "$14.95" charge on my e-confirmation as a charge and called them right away. My misinterpretation of an email has become grounds for unlawful and unauthorized charges on my account. I will NEVER use their services again and plan on telling everyone I know to stay far away from this extremely customer-unfriendly company.

Equifaxterrible company

I signed up for equifax credit watch. I specifically asked for one month only. I was not told that I needed to call to cancel. As soon as I found out that I was charged a second month, I called to cancel and was told that I was going to get a reund. Months passed. I did not see any refund. So, I called again. And was told that they cannot issue a refund because there were no 'notes' and the calcellation was after 24 hours had passed. As a result, I paid an extra month I did not even use.

Be aware consumer, equifax is making money from you without telling you the proper information. They will set you up on monthly billing without telling you that you need to calcel. And the 24-hour time limit is ridiculous. How would you know that it is within 24 hours when they do not even let you know that you have been charged a second time!

Equifaxmisrepresentation

Equifax if they are unable to find sufficient information on your credit history WILL destroy your reputation. They will state unable to verify identity and decline even if you have NEVER claimed credit in your life. On top of this if you contact them regarding accessing your report so you can check the details they will try to sell you a monthly scheme of some sort. DO NOT TRUST THESE ###.

• Cr
                    Crumpycus Jul 30, 2009

I tried to get free annual credit report, answer 1 security question incorrectly by mistake, this ### Equifax freeze my accout and didn't give option to lift the freeze beside a long list of paper works...

This ### created many obstacles to discourage me and made me forget about the free report and guide me to all pay stuffs (useless) they offered.

This agency trys to ripp you off this way or the others.
                    We should report this bad business conduct to the government.

### Equifax

Equifax — unauthorized charges

I cancelled my Equifax in Dec. 2008. Since that time I have been debited every month for a product/service...

Equifax Online Credithorrible customer service - billed after cancellation

Somehow I got hooked in to a subscription to an Equifax credit monitoring service. I figured I would try it for a while and see if it was useful. It wasn't. So I called in early January to cancel. I was told I would have one more bill for January and then that would be it.

So, I saw that in mid-February Equifax charged me $7.95 on my American Express card. I called the phone number given in the Amex vendor info. I was put on hold and I held and held and held. Finally AN HOUR had passed. And then someone finally answered.

It obviously was someone in an off-shore call center. I asked what I needed to do to stop my subscription because apparently it wasn't stopped. He asked if he could put me on hold. I asked why and he said he had to look at my account. Soooo, there I was on hold again!!!

He finally came back after about 5 minutes and said he needed to transfer me to another department. I told him NO... do not make me hold for another hour. He said oh it wouldn't be but 30 seconds. Then a second later he tells me, "We are updating our security system and need for you to call back tomorrow"!!!

Upon hearing that I thought I was going to have a fit... What kind of company does their "updating" at 10:30 at night when customers are calling and asks someone to call back who had already been waiting for an hour. I figured that they were just trying to make the cancellation experience so unpleasant that I would let them keep charging $7.95 to my American Express card forever.

So, I ended up calling American Express, which BTW has exceptional customer service, and a nice lady set up a chargeback for me.

So beware of starting up anything with Equifax. It is a nightmare to try to cancel it.

• Ih
                      i hate equifax Sep 13, 2010

I am also going to file a complaint with the FTC. I canceled my service in June and they said "you have already paid for the next month so you can continue to use it." So I didn't think about it. No bill in July and I figured OK good canceled. Then in August there was the bill again! I wrote an irate email and told them to refund the money and cancel my service. They said in the email that I couldn't do that over the phone and there is no way to cancel it once you are in your account anyway. Well I am busy so I didn't get to it right away and then when I did call the guy tells me that the agent had informed me that no in fact it was a free month that I had agreed to and that I had to call and cancel again if I actually wanted to cancel the service... well that made me boil over. So I now have a confirmation number and I demanded that they take every last bit of my information out of their system. This is totally crooked practice. I know what I agreed to so I said go listen to the call again because that is not what was said. Basically, Equifax are identity thieves!

angell73 Mar 04, 2009

I also have had a very similar experience! I signed up just for one month with Equifax Credit Watch Gold because it's the only way Equifax will allow you to get your credit report (I was happy to pay for the one time of accessing it). I cancelled 10 days later and was charged the next month. After calling (and waiting quite a while on hold - probably about a 1/2 hour) they told me they agreed I did not owe the money but I would need to fax them my bank statment and gave me the fax #. The number was no good! I called back, waited on hold so long I finally gave up. The next month they did it AGAIN! I called back and the gal - after a long time and having to get a supervisor - finally agreed to return the 2 months they owed me and promised it would not happen again. I have yet to get my refund and while waiting for it, here we are again - they charged me this month too! They are scamming us because they think we won't continue to fight for such small amounts of money! I have filed a complaint with the FTC.

Equifax, Inc. — makes no effort to correct credit report

My Equifax credit reports contains completely inaccurate information including wrong social security, wrong...

Equifax — refuses to send me my report, has given my information to someone else, has no dispute line, won't correct numerous errors

My insurance company raised my insurance rates. I called to find out why. They said they had pulled a credit...

Equifaxtaking money

i just noticed that equifax was taking money from my account 2 times a month since 2006...i never signed up for anything through them or with them

AngrywithEquifax Jul 21, 2015

I am trying to get ahold of someone with Equifax as they are taking money from my account and not providing a service. I did not read that in the fine print. Bet Equifax is making millions taking 14 dollars from every Canadian person and not even providing the service. If no resolution for my dispute I will gather a petitions and move legal actions against them with a group of people to back this up.

• Sc
                        Scat Oct 30, 2008

One thing that people are not understanding about Equifax, they are a CRA. They do not request your info from the various accounts that you hold. It is the various companies job to report to Equifax, that is what makes up your credit file is what companies report to them. You people act like Equifax is just making up things to put in your credit file, and that is not the case. Example :If whatever company you hold an account with reports that you have a negative account with them, then that is what is on your credit file. It is those account issuers jobs to say what goes on or comes off your credit file, not Equifax's. As far as any charges you may be issued, when you signed up for a certain product that may have been a free trial, it is your responsibility to cancel before you are charged to cancel not Equifax. My suggestion is read all the print in terms of use before you decide to purchase their products. Also if whatever company signs you up to receive a product for free for a year or two, and you call to sign up, it will auto renew you for whatever year it is up. So if you do not want to be charged, it is also you responsibility to check on that.

Equifax Report Monitoringwebsite does not allow you to cancel your order

Equifax report monitoring, I have been on hold with them for over 20 minutes, their website does not allow you to cancel your order, there is no way to figure out what plan is what, it feel like everything is a trick to get you to buy more additional products.

• Ai
                          aircooled Mar 05, 2010

I have not even been able to cancel by phone! Equifax is demanding that I send them various documents first. I sent the documents and now they claim they never received them. Despite repeated phone calls and e-mails they still will not cancel the account I opened. I do not recommend doing business of any kind with them.

• Dj
                          djhackel Feb 16, 2009

I really like their Score watch product but really dislike how you have to call in to cancel.

I just called to cancel, went thru the menu and got to a person within 5 minutes. When I said I would like to cancel I got placed back on hold for another 10 minutes.

• Bu
                          bugmenot Feb 12, 2009

That's dirty business practices Equifax uses.

They do not allow to cancel the product online. After I called and canceled the trial (25 min total time on phone), I've found that it was still there the next day if I logon to my account.

I had to call again and kindly ask them to cancel it again (20 mins more). Then rep said I will receive an email confirmation of the cancellation. Of course there was no email, but logging to my account stopped working ("website problems"). This time I emailed my request to support.

Finally, today (3rd day) I can logon back in my account and see that the product subscription is gone. I better make a screenshot of it just in case (with todays date and time visible). You never know what to expect after all of this.

Equifax — is a fraud!

If Equifax is obligated to remove or correct an adverse item on your credit report (ie, you paid off the...

Equifaxequifax misusing it's certificate of authority

I was attempting to apply for a job in canada for a sales executive position through hotjobs yahoo. I attempted to apply for the job and equifax certificate of authority showed up???

I canceled their certificate of authority also I removed them off my content in opera web browser and internet explorer I have attempted to take equifax to arbitration twice and they have refused I submitted a notarized apostilled complaint to the local federal u.S. District court in tacoma outlining their violation of international treatys.

• Sc
                            Scat Oct 30, 2008

• Ba
                            Barry Crouse Jun 17, 2007

Maybe you should summon your parents in the United States and your wife's parent's in Russia along with a ambassador and give testimony that you say who you are than maybe the ambassador can go back to Russia and complete a thorough investigation into their activities.

Mni*creditrpt Serv / Equifax — took money without consent!

This place has charged my acct. Two times in the last two days a charge of $9.95 without my consent. My...