Equifaxnot doing their job

B

I've been paying equifax for over a year to 'watch' my credit. When I was informed of a change, I tried to check my file. After trying to log into my file, I called. No one can 'find' my file anywhere, yet they still take money out of my account monthly. This company is a joke! When I tried to 'cancel' they stated it could not be done, since they can't find my file.

• Di
    Disturbing Information Apr 24, 2015

Also TRANS UNION was incredible to deal with!! Fast, helpful and informative. Too bad all the major banks use EQUIFAX because they are unreliable whose business practice is unethical. Plain and simple, EQUIFAX needs a credit bureau check done on themselves or even better, a government investigation for questionable business practice!

• Di
    Disturbing Information Apr 24, 2015

Did you know that ALL of the calls you make to Equifax go to the Philippines? It's true! I caught onto this a while ago and if you actually ask them WHERE they are located, they will make comment to a location in North America. Usually, they refer to that location as their HEADQUARTERS. It was only after I insisted on knowing where the person was, sitting at a desk, answering my call did I get admission as to the location. Yes people, your very PRIVATE and very PERSONAL information is being shared electronically in another country! I, being extremely frustrated being unable to understand during the process actually laughed at me when I asked to speak to a supervisor.
    It's time to SPEAK UP and address this matter with EQUIFAX! Because of one single INACCURACY on my report it cost me a job I had applied for and only ONLY because of that inaccuracy did I not get it. Raise your voices people! File consumer complaints!

• Na
    Nancy S Jan 22, 2010

Charged for service never ordered.They stated I had called them and requested the service. What?? They must be kidding as I did no such thing. They did state they would take the charge off but insisted I had called and ordered it 4 days earlier.

• Hi
    hikergirl Sep 19, 2009

Equifax unilaterally changed my name. I jumped through their hoops once and provided what they wanted to prove my identity and name. Name was corrected once, then it was changed again. Equifax refuses to correct my name unless I provide same documents again. I refuse to play its games.

• Cr
    Crumpycus Jul 30, 2009

I agree. Sue them or report this ### Equifax to the government.

• Sn
    snpmagoo Jul 07, 2009

I got denied for credit I never requested. I tried to get a copy of my credit from Equifax and they would not give me a copy as allowed by law. I can not even disput or fix my credit without paying them for a copy first. I think they are just sending out fake denial claims to get people to buy their product. This is wrong. They are becoming a big scam.