Complaints & Reviews

Scammers!

I had a very bad experience with this service FreeScore. I was supposed to pay only $1 for the service, but later they charged me $25 without my permission. When I contacted FreeScore customer service they said that everything was written on their website and that it's basically my problem I did not read their policies. I asked for a refund, but they refused, so I gave up. But next month they charged me again and when I contacted them they said that I was signed up for their service and will be charged every month. Again they said that it was my problem!
I had to cancel my credit card because of these scammers!

Stay away from these people. I canceled within 7 days and they charged my credit card anyway and told me I never canceled but agreed to keep the membership at a reduced rate. Uh no, I did not. After a time consuming back and forth exchange and being transferred to another person they finally agreed to refund my credit card but had the nerve to tell me they were doing me a courtesy. I even provided them with my cancellation number but they still basically told me I was lying. They are crooks!

RIP OFF

THIS IS A RIP OFF!! THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT BEING FAIR JUST MAKING A BUCK!! SICKENING!!! I changed my mind...

UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE

This is not free! I signed up for a free credit report at FreeScore.com and somehow ended up with two different accounts. I only signed up for mine and cancelled before the 7 day expiration period. Then I was charged $19.95 for an account that was created for my husband! They deny any responsibility for this, but my husband gets 3 in 1 credit monitoring from Equifax. Why would I sign my husband up at Freescore? They would not refund the $19.95 and said I was responsible for the account. DON'T use their service -- It is a rip off! Just go directly to Equifax for the credit score and monitoring. You can get both from Equifax cheaper than what these idiots charge for just a credit score. I won't make this mistake again! Freescore.com sucks!

• Jg
    jgreen Sep 11, 2009

I went to their web site to get my "free credit report" . I gave the correct information that I would know and was told it was the wrong information.

• Da
    David Mazon Aug 03, 2011

Unwittingly subscribed to freescore.co & Identity Hawk. I subscribed for freescore but Identity Hawk was also part of the package unbeknowst to me.When i cancelled they charged me for three months after that because they said i only cancelled Identity Hawk which offers practically the same but more. Why would i subscibe for both? That doesn't make sense. That's why they gave me "Courtesy Refund" for two but not for three. The third one was for the comming 30 days and two days before i recieved my bank statement. So one of the refunds was for the next thirty days and i didn't even know at the time of the call that i had been charged the 3rd one because it wasn't on my statement. I realised the dates the charge had jusy gone by so eventually i got refund for the 5 days into the 30 day subscription.
    I only used freescore twice. The day i subscribed and the day i realised i had reviewed my statement, then i called them immediatly. My bank wouldn't allow me to dipute the charge because they felt if i got refund for two the shoud of done it for all. Thank you, David

Chrispfs23 Nov 13, 2011

Hi back om 5/2/11 my husband and I needed a copy of our credit report since weve been married for 10yrs we had never looked into our credit, crazy yes I know. But we desided to go online and just get the annual freescore but it was the biggest mistake. It says that you have a full 7 day free trial but even thow I cancelled on 5/6/11 and on 5/10/11 they drafted from my bank of america. I called the 800-316-8824 this is the # on my withdraw @ the bank. Freescore customer service said no withdraw shows in there system that freescore drafted my account. After over 7 calls freescore gave me a fax # to fax proof that freescore had withdrawn my bank account, I did.I attemted to call a couple of other times after my fax, the customer service girl said it takes a couple of weeks to get a refund.. So this morning i go online to my bank just to make sure my mortgage payement has been withdrawn and to my surprise Freescore same 800-316-8824 has again drafted $29.95 an MVQ*FREESCORE withdraw, I called 6/8/11 @ 12:30noon time and a customer service by the name of Jeremaya hung up the phone on me, then I call againg telling customer service Cindy to tranfer me to a supervisor she says she is the supervisor and I asked for an ID# She gave me #17356, this is just a confirmation # of the call not her employee # by the way.. She tells me to tell her whats the problem I did and I told her all your gonna do is just give me the fax # again Ive been thru this before, I also told her that my mortgage payment will be late because they took out $ from my bank know my mortgage will be late. So she put me on hold comes 2 mins later and days well we have not received your fax, from may 10th so let me give you the fax# again... This is why think again before using this site.

• Li
    Lizer Mar 20, 2012

I too canceled within the 7 day period...actually I canceled the same day I signed up for it and they still charged my card. They refused to refund my money to my card!!! CROOKS!!!

• Ju
    justice? Dec 21, 2012

I signed up with them to monitor my scores so I could take steps to improve them, which I did over a 12 month period. A collection agency fraudulently changed a date on my report which dropped my score 100 points, freescore.com would not provide me with a copy of the correct report, kept me on the phone for 2 hours, kept transferring me around, with the last person I spoke with even laughing at me. Wouldn't recommend to an enemy. Absolutely horrible service.

• Fi
    Fired Up In Fort Worth May 22, 2013

This is a company should be investigated ASAP. The representatives are very rude; the one I talked to today claimed to be a supervisor. This woman doesn't know the meaning of being a supervisor or a professional. I plan to advise family and friends to stay away from this company...Facebook is a wonderful place to start.

unauthorized charges

Requested free credit information; was charged $19.98 monthly charge; called the company, requested that the...

credit check

I WENT ONLINE TO FREESCORE.COM TO CHECK MY CREDIT SCORE AND WHEN I DID THEY SAID WE NEEB A NOTHER CREDIT CARD TO TAKE PAYMENT OUT TO CHECK YOUR SCORE I THOUGHT IT WAS FREE IT IS NOT FREE THEY NEED TO STOP ADVERTISING IT ONLINE AND ON THE TV THAT IS FALSE ADERTISING PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THAT WHY DO THEY HAVE TO CHARGE ANY ONE JUST CHECKING THERE CREDIT TO SEE HOW IT IS IT NEEDS TO STOP