EMSII was lied to

I was told by matt klein territory manager that i was covered under my insurance because i told him i did not want his machine till i talked to my insurance compant he told me he did and i was covered and i am not there not in my network since i couldnt make it to him he brought it to my house droped off no instructions i used it once it made my neck and arm hurts more after the use of this product then they mailed more stuff for this machine with no directions and now are tryinf to make me pay for it a used the thing once i mailed it back to them now there charging me 203.89 after my insurance did pay them 189.39 i do not fell that i should pay for this since they lied to me i would never have taken it if he didnt tell i was covered thats alot of money for i one trime use of a product i didnt want

• Em
    Emanuel Cifuentes Apr 21, 2015

i had a sugery back in 2010 because my joint came off and i was giving this product. i came to my natal country Guatemala ando since i came here the device wont work and i really need you to help me.

• Kn
    know from experience Apr 18, 2012

The reason that happened to you is because that is what the company trains their employees to do. They say to tell the doctor/patient that it is covered under insurance but if for some reason it is not, the patient can sign a hardship form whereas end result is they do not have to pay. FYI illegal!!!There are a few reasons as to why this is unethical. 1) Why would a patient want to sign a hardship for something they were given the impression would be covered by insurance?how humiliating! 2) Even if you sign the hardship form EMSI will try to collect some money on a monthly basis. Gotcha! 3)If you out right refuse to pay, which anyone who is unfortunate enough to get caught up in this scam should be, they let it go and do not try to collect. EMSI becomes happy with whatever insurance did pay them even if it is not the full amount they billed. That way of billing is against the law!
    Did I mention you can google the devices they sell and get them for a mere fraction of what they bill insurance companies and ultimately you! Listen we understamd doctors/service companies/hospitals can bill for services, but when does it become a raging red flag that what they bill is grossly inflated and the only one earning is the owner of the company? i could go on and on-but you get the point.

Comment Guidelines