Having problems with eHarmony?

+1 424 258 1199 (United States)
10900 Wilshire Blvd, Fl. 17
Los Angeles, California
United States - 90024-6522
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 241810, Los Angeles, CA 90024 USA

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with eHarmony.

Complaints & Reviews

eHarmonylack of customer service

I was suppose to get a discount on my subscription, when I called the same week they told me that I was outside the window of time.i called and they wouldn't work with me at all. I will never use this service again and I will tell all my friends not to either. There are so many better options that are less than half that price or less. Extremely not happy, I never send a complaint in. There lack of working with me has caused this complaint.

eHarmonybreach of contract

After three months they have sent me the exact same matches all over again! The matches are on a loop! After you reject three months worth of matches they just start sending them to you all over again! NOT new matches, the exact same matches. I know for a fact because some of them were still in my "communicating" folder because I was waiting to hear a response back. How can they claim they've sent me a "new" match in my "new" matches page, when those exact profiles are in my waiting folder to hear back from? I also went and looked and all the new matches that weren't in my waiting page were in my "hidden" folder, meaning, I had closed the matches because I wasn't interested. They were sending me repeats of the same matches they'd sent me three months ago on a loop! THIS WEBSITE IS A SCAM!!! THEY WILL NOT SEND YOU NEW MATCHES, they will only rotate on a loop the same exact matches all of which are short, ugly, bald, fat men! NONE of them were attractive, and if they were, they hadn't logged in any time recently (fake profiles), many were obviously fake pictures very badly copies from magazines and such. SCAM SCAM SCAM! They lie and say they will send you "new" matches but they're the same old matches you already rejected!

eHarmony — identity theft

I began receiving notices at work from eharmony saying men were interested in dating me. I am a heterosexual...

Winnipeg

eHarmony.com — misrepresentation, fraudlent, misleading

Paid for over a year of membership. Prices were subject to change, charges were not what was advertised, but...

eHarmony — automatic subscription renewal

I have been charged an automatic subscription renewal fee by eHarmony. I feel that although this is stated in...

Brisbane

eHarmonyfraudulent claims and false advertising

eHarmony's advertising promises to match people with their "perfect match." This is a lie. I've been a member on and off for about 3 years and have NEVER been matched with anyone even remotely close to my interests. After finally ending my membership and choosing that I no longer wish to receive matches, they send messages stating that someone wants to communicate with me. When I log back in, I find that the member's profile is no longer active.

eHarmony uses unethical marketing and business practices. Customer service is pretty much non-existent, or patronizing at best. They are rude and prey on gullible people. I'm embarrassed that I believed their claims.

Save yourself some money, don't be gullible like me and pump money into their pockets, which is what it's all about. If you're a Christian, join a local singles group at a trusted church, or make some new friends at your own church.

God doesn't need eHarmony to bring someone into your life. Blessings!

eHarmony Dating Servicescompany continued to charge for subscription

I register on the website of eHarmony Dating Services, but after several months I decided to cancel my subscription. They billed me each month, and after I cancelled the subscription, they continued to take money from me. I sent multiple emails, but everything was useless. They are liars and scammers, and I want to find other deceived customers, who lost money. Please we need to stop this company and return our money. Post your comments.

eHarmony — steal your money and don't provide promised service

I purchased a 3-month subscription and clearly selected the NOT TO RENEW automatically option. Well, they...

Toronto

eHarmony — won't let me cancel.

I called to cancel and was told I had to email my problem and I would get a response in 7 days. I got a...

eHarmonycompletely dissatisfied

I have been on the site for a month. I am an attractive female, and only chose to try online dating because a friend (who had never used it) recommended it. My job has me mostly working alone, so it is sometimes difficult to meet men. Anyway, apparently according to the test, my compatible matches are never going to be attractive to me. An entire month went by and not one guy was even remotely attractive to me. I know that sounds ridiculous, and maybe it is, maybe it just means online dating is not for me. Maybe I have trouble having attraction to a picture and a profile. Either way I am not satisfied, so I call the company to try and cancel. I signed up around the 19th of September and called to cancel the 16th of October. I had signed on for the yearly plan, not knowing that only an act of God could dissolve this "partnership". A monthly price with no commitment is $53 and some change. My first payment had been around 63, so already I had overpaid. I was not asking for a refund, only to close the account and cancel any future payments. Not only did the young woman on the line say she could not do that, she then turned the issue on me as if I had answered questions incorrectly so as to earn these matches. I have never been treated so poorly. I will never use their services nor will I recommend them. If they do at any point try to remedy this situation, rest assured I will update this but until then, BAD eHARMONY. VERY BAD CUSTOMER SATISFACTION POLICY. Or should I say very good customer Dissatisfaction policy. ps. I am not one to complain online or in life in general. This is a rare post and incident, for me. I forgive them for being greedy and cold. I just wanted to share my situation, in hopes that others can avoid this frustration.

Ann T. Jul 04, 2014

I totally agree with the very same thing happening to me. eHarmony's idea of a match was to show me men who had no formal education while I have four university degrees. They also wanted me to date men who smoke and drink every day. REALLY?!?!?! I turned them in to VISA telling the credit card company there were no matches. Their solution was to have me talk to an eHarmony representative who gave me a load of baloney. I opted out of the year contract for just three months which cost me $146. What a major rip off. Their method of "matching' is solely based on what percentage of questions were answered identically, despite some answers being virtually the same. Most of the questions were so lame. I am everything men ask for in their profiles, and eHarmony just couldn't find a match. Amazing!
              eHarmony is the biggest scam going.

eHarmonyeharmony is a fraudulent scam.

Please warn all your friends NEVER to join eHarmony. If I could give them zero stars I would.

It is a dishonest company that cons their clientele into committing for three months to a year. Then after 2 weeks of sending people who live nearby, a vast majority of which are clearly not a match to you in any way, they begin to send only EMPTY profiles of people who live a 1000 miles away or absolute NON-matches. They give no way for the member to search their site, they choose your seven matches a day and only do so if you allow eHarmony to email you. These matches begin to repeat within a month. There is a "what if" category that allows you to search a dozen potential matches they say are outside your "match range". These are random people many up to 25 years younger or older, from around the country, most of who have empty or near empty profiles with a single photo, who later end up in your daily seven actual matches.

One of my daily seven matches I received from eHarmony was so clearly fraudulent they immediately began emailing me through the site, phishing me for my actual email address in broken speech.

I attempted to email eHarmony to cancel and was told to call. I called and the person was really rude and then told me there was nothing they could do, that I should email the address they would send me. I emailed that address and again heard nothing. Since I emailed however, I have stopped receiving any updates on their website, which is nice, but they kept a years membership fees for 5 weeks of HORRIFIC service.

I have since used their on-site messenger to attempt to receive help and still have received no reply. The site uses TV commercials to trick more people into their scam hoping no one ever reads reviews prior to signing up. If eHarmony simply said "we do not have any matches for you at this time" that would be honest. Instead they trap you for your entire period.

People sincerely want to find love and companionship and eHarmony preys upon this need. I offered to pay for the time I'd used and even offered to pay double their rate and was told there's nothing they can do, I had to pay for the entire year for my one month's completely ineffective service.

To refuse to refund and cancel a subscription after providing no service, after multiple requests and providing such a HORRIBLE completely fraudulent product is SHAMEFUL.

If there was a class action suite I would sign on. If there is a lawyer who would like to begin the process, I will sign the complaint today.

Please tell everyone you know to avoid eHarmony. Online dating can work. There are honest and effective online dating sites out there. The top two competitors of eHarmony are both genuinely good sites. I know because I've used them since my experience with eHarmony.

I sincerely hope others are more fortunate and learn of eHarmony's deception before signing up. Because eHarmony will steal your money and according to the dozens of other complaints I've since read, they will renew your contract and charge your credit card even after you've cancelled.

eHarmony is clearly the Enron of on-line dating.

• Ks
                Ksnider1 Nov 08, 2013

Eharmony is the biggest scam I have ever experienced. No matches but they sure will take your money and make it impossible to get out of their so-called contract! Ken S

• Dg
                DGH235 Jul 26, 2014

There is no such thing as an algorithm that can find true love because love has nothing to do with science or logic. There are a billions of reasons people fall in love and claiming to have discovered the secret is just another form a snake oil. Besides if they could truly help people find love there would be no one on the site because they would have matched everybody and as their own statistics prove their match levels are little better than blind luck. Save your money and go on Craigslist you will still get a lot of bad matches but at least you won't go broke.

eHarmonyincorrectly took payment 3 days before subscription expired

I signed up with eHarmony for 6 months. When signed up, chose NOT toautomatically renew.

Account due to expire 14th July but when I went on 11th July, realised they'd already taken further 6 month payment.

I contacted them and the just told me to read their terms and conditions. This states that they can renew up to 24 hours before due to expire - but this doesn't excuse taking payment £107 3 days before due.

They have since just ignored my e-mails. It seems very clear to me taht they have made a mistake - so why are they not refunding my money? very disappointing from an otherwise great website.

Ray234 Aug 26, 2013

Good program..kudos to the admin...
                  tested and trusted..please
                  join me here and start making money
                  also with me online..
                  no referral needed to make money here
                  click on the links below and get registered now..!

Ray234 Aug 26, 2013

Do you want to earn income while online? ?
                  You can do this part time and promote on Facebook,
                  Twitter, chat rooms, forums etc. ABSOLUTELY NO
                  CASH OUT!!! BETTER THAN PTC! It only takes minute to
                  register. So what are you waiting for! Just click on
                  the link below to start earning dollars.

Ray234 Aug 26, 2013

1000's of people worldwide are earning quiet fortunes, from their homes, even while they sleep. Are you next?

Get started for free right now...for a lifetime opportunity..!

check it out here...http://website.ws/great234

eHarmonyautorenew

Eharmony is a total rip off, they tell you they auto renew for the same amount of time you initially signed up for on the site. They tell you there is no way to turn off the auto renew, that you have to call and cancel. They only tell you you can turn off the auto renew until AFTER they auto renew your membership for another 6 months. We need a lawsuit against this. It's totally unfair that even after you call to cancel they will not refund you the amount of time you have let on the membership. How do they stay in business, they are criminals.

• Em
                    Emsd Jul 13, 2013

Totally agree. I was just charged for a additional six months. I KNOW I turned off the auto- renewal when I signed up...how? Because a while back I signed up for a subscription, same thing happened, but back then it was my fault because I didn't turn it off and I soon found out. So this time, it was one of the first things I did. After a conversation with a absolutely useless customer service, I was told MAYBE I could get refunded if I met someone???? Are you [censored]ing kidding me!!!
                    Stay away, they took my money, but I can take potential customer from them, they will lose far more money that way.

• Be
                    Bea Oates Jun 19, 2014

I want to put them out of business! What they are doing to the single people in USA is nothing more then robbing each one of us under the name of scam that they go under as a dating service. First, they get some smart lawyer to write-up this form letter in which he knows none of us will understand until it is too late. Now the ones working for eHarmony has the job to point out to us now we are suppose to feel upset that is there game plan. Yes, if enough of us challenge there business practice we would take this so call dating service where it belongs, how they disrespected us and tried to take advantage of our situation and all of us are fighting back! Let us take them to court together!

eHarmony.cominternet dating scam

Is Eharmony.Com internet dating site a scam.My experieces being a member on eharmony it seems they scam people with matchs that is not base on your personality profile questions you sign up.You are given matchs out side of your distance area you didn't request for.You get responds from people with emails are ice breakers who appears to be your matchs but no know longer hears back from them out of six are ten matchs.How is that doing your subscription you recieve matchs on a daily base's these matchs suppose to be base on personality profile match responds to you and someone who is serious are interested in getting to know you when they respond to you''you don't hear from them.I recieve alot of matchs with no photos and when I request and asked for a photo''no respond''.My credit card was being charge money with services I didn't recieve.

• Mi
                      Milanide Nov 25, 2010

This web-site is a rip-off - eHarmony is the most awful web-site in the world They do not stand behind the claim for a free review of your matchs. They hose you into becoming a member and when you want to cancel they give you the run-around eatrting up time so you're stuck with an account that is useless. I would recumnebd a site like Match.com instead. they are amicable. eHarmony or should I say "eHa-Money". is by far the worst web-site I have ever in my life encountered. STAY AWAY FROM IT, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME NOR MONEY.They are no Good for you.

Maoole Mar 11, 2011

I spent ages doing their personality tests (which I feel are excessively long) then after I had completed this, they said that they couldn’t find a suitable match for me, on a global scale! I don’t rate any dating website that can’t find a single match for one person! My friend also signed up, and she is an avid animal lover, which she mentioned in her sign up testing. E-harmony then matched her with a couple of deer hunters in Texas. Overall, not great!

• Al
                      alex Dec 13, 2011

E.harmony.com is a complete fraud. We have all seen their advertisements to try them out for free. Do you know why they want you to try out their website for free? So they can get your personal information and sell it to someone else for money. You are just putting money into their pocket by “trying them out for free”. They bombard you with membership solicitation till you feel anything but “harmonious”. Its amazing the same weekend I joined I was bombarded with even more spam and not spam coming from them.

I highly doubt this site is run by highly educated relationship specialists as they advertise on television. They are just playing the pied piper to people who are looking for a relationship. You will not find your soul mate on this website. You will find someone who most likely is employed by eharmony that will tell you everything you want to hear. There is a special place in hell for people who play on other’s emotions like this.

• Ti
                      Tino Valentino Jan 17, 2012

Disagree. I met my wife on eharmony in February 2017. We have been married for 5 years and going strong. There are some questionable characters that get past eharmony's screening process. My advise is to stay with the structured communication process. This helps to weed out the "players". Wish everyone success in their search:-)

• Kc
                      kconrad Nov 02, 2012

eharmony.com is a complete waste of time and money. When I was just looking I had "tons" of matches. Once I became a paying member, I was lucky if I got a match once a month. I paid for 6 months because it was a better price. I contacted customer service several times and they kept telling me to change my settings. Sorry but I don't want to date someone 5 hours away. It isn't practical. Bottom line - don't waste your money. You may have better results if you are younger and in a large city. If you are over 40 don't waste your time. Customer service is not of any service and there is no guarantee if you aren't happy.

eHarmony — eharmony - matches are not active

I joined e harmony 3 months ago and I am convinced now through pure concrete knowledge that 99% of all the...

eHarmonyvery suspicious matching - not worth it

Been with EharmonyUK for 3 weeks, and am getting new matches with people who haven't been active for weeks !, tell me how that can be even weeks later this is still happening. I am very dissillusioned. I am up to 250 potential matches, yet < 12 have actually viewed my profile ? Not that I expect a perfect match right away but these people are jsut not active, andpossibly not paid up or discontinued from what I am reading in complaints. Be warned. I've won't be continuing my subs. Its just not worth the time - best joining in real life clubs with interests you are passionate about.

• Cr
                        Cranky Old Lady Jul 05, 2011

Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures, Hopefully you are able to learn, grow from your experience & move on up to the real World where the real people live so that you can find whatever it is that your looking for.Have'nt you heard Real People dont live in Computers & the ones who do are hiding from something & most likely lieing about everything.Good Luck in your search for something that probably does'nt even exist.

• Cr
                        Cranky Old Lady Jul 12, 2011

Gee Wendi, If your so good at what you do Why dont you have your own Website? You have no class If your on here trying to sell yourself & promote your business on a Website that is all about complaints, Where people have already been scammed.Your Graphic Design of Websites & Webpages will Not change the fact that there are still people out there that will scam them, lie to them, take advantage of them, steal their heart, soul, wealth or health.Wendi Get a Life & Use that life to design your own Website.The Internet is a Dangerous place to look for love & romance.All of our parents, grandparents & yes even the majority of us have managed to find love, romance & even marriage without the internet since the begining of time.

E Harmony Dating Agencytaking money from bank acc

e harmony invite you to join for a three month trial period and after you cancel after the three payments they continue to take the payments from the bank. it is not set up a a standing order or direct debit they take it from your debit card as they have your details. what can be done to stop this fraud.

• TwinkleTwinkle Jun 08, 2011

You need to contact your bank, you might have to change your bank account. Also inform trading standards, if you have an address for this company then write to them asking them to refund the money they have taken since you cancelled otherwise you will be taking legal action and give them 14 days.

eHarmonymisleading advertisement

I requested closure to my account on your website and a refund of the remaining amount based on the $28.95/mo fee. I was trusting to allow a upfront payment of $173.00 that was sent in June and now being told my account can't be cancelled. I am told the account will stand until Dec 07.

I feel all of these things are misleading in that people are lead to believe the account can be cancelled at anytime and there is a monthly rate, when in fact there isn't. The way it is working is there is a 1 month rate, 3 month rate, 6 month rate, and a 12 month rate. There isn't really a such thing as a monthly rate. I am asking other government and legal agencies to look into this misleading practice and considering further actions if I can't get some resolution from your company. Since, your representatives have a habit of hanging up on customers, I doubt you are open for discussion.

• Po
                            pobarjenkins May 26, 2011

Did you read the terms and conditions?

"Cancellation At Any Time With No Refund. Except as otherwise stated in this section, you may cancel your registration or subscription to any Services at any time during the term of such registration or subscription or any renewal period by accessing the “Account Settings” page under the “My Settings” option on your membership home page, clicking on “Cancel My Subscription” or “Close Account” link, and providing the information requested. In such case, your subscription will terminate at the end of the subscription term for which you have paid, and you will not receive any refund for any unused days of such subscription term. "

eHarmony.comtook my money - dating service

In March 2011 I re-signed up for eHarmony - a service that I had used successfully in the past. I purchased a 3 month membership, and was charged for the first month upfront (with an agreement to be billed monthly). I immediately attempted to update my profile, since some of my information was outdated - and was surprised to find that I couldn't make any changes at all. When I had been a member in the past, it was under a previous version of their webpage. The web pages either wouldn't load completely or would pretend to save changes, but nothing 'stuck'. I contacted customer support that day, requesting tech support (or a way to use an older version that would work). They were unable to figure out the problem, but offered to make minor changes (like to my 'location' since I had moved), while they tried to make things work.

Over the past month an a half, I have tried everything their tech support suggested - taking hours of my time, without any payoff. Different web browsers, settings, preferences, security levels, everything multiple times (because for some reason, they were unwilling/unable to look through the full email chain). At first I was grateful for the assistance - over time though, it became very frustrating, since nothing was fixed. To be clear - I'm talking about emails with 'suggestions' for me to try every 2 or 3 days for a month.

After I was charged the second monthly installment, I requested a refund. It is unacceptable to charge a second time for a service that hadn't been rendered yet. At first, they acted as though they were taking the situation seriously, but once I requested a refund they changed tactics - stating that if I had wanted a refund, I would have needed to have requested it in the first 3 days after signing up. Because I was willing to work with them to fix a technical issue on their end (I do not have any other websites that I have ever visited with similar issues, and I had always been able to use their site just fine before the change to the most recent version), I am being told that there is nothing that they can do for me.

When I responded that telling me that I couldn't have a refund because I was patient and giving them the benefit of the doubt, they told me that everything is fine on their end, so there obviously isn't a problem - and then condescendingly told me how sorry they were that I was considering leaving the eHarmony 'family' - as if I were deserting them, rather than giving up after being charged twice for a service I had yet to receive.

I requested the name/phone number of a person that *could* help me - and have been waiting over a week for any kind of response.

Once you give these thieves your credit card, you're apparently out of luck even if they are unable to make their site usable. Deal with them at your own risk!

• Bg
                              bgacc May 22, 2011

• Bg
                              bgacc May 22, 2011

Socialbugg.com is a Free site of singles. You should try them out or Facebook.com...both sites are free. You can't lose and there's plenty of singles.

E Harmonyfaulty website

This site is crap - When I first subscribed I received several matches - the vast majortiy outside of my state. After the first 2 weeks, I received no new matches. I was unable to view any match's profile information or view any other photos beyond the main photo. I called and spoke to a cust serv rep and was told to broaden my preferences and that finding the right match takes time - usually 6 months or so. The viewing problem was never remedied. Interesting, how this company tries to railroad you into signing up for an extended membership. I plan to cancel my membership and am hoping I don't run into the problems I'm hearing so many others have had doing this. Sounds like cancelling is about as efficient as the services provided are. Lesson learned.

rachel Apr 19, 2008

even with one use this was useless what the hell are they thinking I guess the jokes on me.Do not join I signed up for three months.
                                Just the worst garbage ever.

Jay Jun 03, 2009

e harmony continue to charge my account after I specifically requested not to be on their auto renew. They renew me anyway and refuse to refund. I was disapointed in the customer service which advised me to use the service since I was charged

• Ke
                                Kevin Floyd Feb 20, 2014

I joined e Harmony with the understanding that I would be matched with single women looking to meet single men in the hope's of meeting that person you can have a special relatiopnship with.But after 3 months I have yet to meet anybody..e Harmony would send me
                                these matchs and I would send them e mails to let them know that I was interested but I would not get any kind of responce back.I feel that I'm just wasting my time and also my money by trying to find my match when you send out these e mails to different women and in return you get nothing.I don't want to renew my membership, But I'm afraid that I'll get stuck with another bill.