[Resolved] eDreamsrefund due to system failure

G Nov 19, 2017 Review updated:

issue ref : [protected]-[protected]
My story starts on Oct 28 2017
On Saturday Oct 28 at 12.30pm, I try to book a ticket from BRU to BKK.
After final details filled in, I come unto payment page. I fill everything in, and system tells me to wait, and please do not renew.
I wait, and after a few minutes, I get a notice that says "something went wrong, please try again with other dates"
So I rebook a ticket immediately after.
Then 5 to 10 minutes later, I get 2 emails, that I booked 2 tickets.
I call e-dreams immediately, and the call center agent says no problem whatsoever. I just need to contact the airline to cancel the ticket. In this case Qatar Airways. I find it strange, since I booked thru edreams, and due to a system failure on their side, I would presume they would do the necessary. But I call Qatar, and tell them what happened. they cancel the first ticket, and tell me I need to contact edreams for the refund, since it was booked thru edreams.
I call edreams back, and they tell me I need to wait 24 to 48 hrs before they can issue a refund. I call them back 2 days later, same reply, I need to wait. I call them back 2 days later, again same reply.
I lose my temper, and I want the issue resolved on the spot, as their system made a mistake. After an more than an hour on the phone, the floormanager at the call center tells me, they will issue a refund, but deduct 300USD, that is the airline policy for this ticket booking class.
I told them over and over that its due to their system failure that I have 2 tickets, so I can not be reponsible, and they should issue full refund.
Now we are 3 weeks later, now edreams claims they will not issue a refund whatsoever because I cannot prove that ticket was canceled at Qatar.
I have called Qatar numerous times, and they confirm that ticket was canceled on Oct 28. But they can not send me any confirmation of this, because it was booked thru edreams. And edreams needs to contact Qatar for this info.
3 weeks after, and myself 700€ lighter, edreams is cheating people, by pretending nothing went wrong, and I need to provide them with info, that only they can obtain from the airline.
I would advise all people booking thru edreams, write down all the names, dates× of the people you ever talked to at edreams, take screenshots in case a problem might arise.
Because edreams is not willing whatsoever to resolve any issue whatsoever.

• Resolution Statement

• eDreams_en.'s Response · Nov 21, 2017

Hi Gino,

Your case has already been assigned to one of our agents, please email them directly if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Liam - Customer Care

• eDreams_en.'s Response · Nov 23, 2017

Hi Gino,

Your assigned agent from the complaints department outranks the call center staff, please contact them directly.

Kind regrards,

Liam - Customer Care

• G
      Nov 21, 2017

Dear Liam,
    it seems that your company is trying to weasel their way out of a solution.
    As already stated before, when your complaints dept contacts me, they always tell me the same story.
    They want me to come up with a document from Qatar to stated that my ticket was canceled.
    The ticket has been canceled within one hour after being issued.
    Qatar has told me over and over again, that since the ticket was booked thru a travel agent, in this case Edreams, that the travel agent only can apply for this info.
    It seems also strange that you do not have the info about the canceled ticket. When I called for the umpteenth time to your call center in India, I managed to talk to the floormanager for more than an hour. He confirmed that they had received all the info from Qatar to issue a refund and it would take 10 days.
    When calling your call center, their is a recording that states that phonecalls are recorderd or monitored.
    Well it's very easy, look up this recording and listen to what your floormanager has promised me.
    Now your company claims that I have to provide the info that ticket is canceled.
    We can continue like this forever. In the end, you took the money from me, and never had to pay Qatar for this canceled ticket.
    In my book, that is called stealing, and getting away with it.
    There is not much I can do, just let every that wants to know, what kind of non-service you provide.
    You are not being honest, and are not willing whatsoever to resolve the issue.
    Daylight robbery, thats all I can say.