Menu
eDreams Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

eDreams
reviews & complaints

www.edreams.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.9 1841 Reviews

eDreams Complaints Summary

406 Resolved
1421 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from eDreams with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
Claimed
eDreams has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of eDreams. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
File a complaint

Newest eDreams reviews & complaints

N
2:33 pm EDT

eDreams Refund

On 5/14/2022 - I booked a round trip ticket from LAX-VLC for 6/14/2022 to 7/30/2022

Booking# [protected]

On the same day, I needed to change the return date.

I made modication thru eDreams website.

Got a call from eDreams agent that the new return date was not available

so the agent suggested me to cancel the trip.

I cancelled (on the same day 5/14/2022) and got a confirmation email that I will receive my refund.

And now, it's been for over a year and still have not received my refund.

I contacted eDrems (thru their apps) 8th times already.

Everytime they said they will get back to me with 48-72 hours but never happened.

The agent kept telling me that the airlines (Iberia) did not refund the money to eDreams yet.

So I called the airline myself and Iberia told me they could not disclose the info/reason to me since they only deal with eDreams.

This is so wrong...

attached are proof of confirmation and cancellation from eDreams

Desired outcome: Please refund

View 0 more photos
D
9:16 am EDT

eDreams Getting my refund

Case No. [protected]. Purchased an insured flight from Boston Ma to Rockland Me through eDreams. Attached is a copy of the monies eDreams admits owes me. EDreams refuses to refund my monies by my original method of payment, check, or using my credit union account number. They insist it has to be a wire transfer. My credit union does not do international transfers. I purchased tickets in the United States for travel within the United States. I should not be required to open a new bank account with a new bank just to get my refund.

Desired outcome: Refund of monies legally owed me

H
11:41 am EDT

eDreams Prime membership

Booked a ticket in February 2023 and cancelled the flight and received a refund. Then there was $70.00 charge ($475.95 in my currency) in March 2023 for a prime membership I did not sign up for as they now told me it is automatic the minute you enter any information on their site. Is this legal? I did not see this charge until April 9th when I received my credit card statement. I also did not know they had this membership to purchase an airline ticket. Not ONE of the other sites does this. I sent an email and they advised that they advised that the time has passed and they will not issue a refund. But I am within the refund period of 90 days. I have no intentions of purchasing from this site again and would like my refund as they did NOT have authorization to debit my credit card in the first place. How is this their right?

Desired outcome: Refund

View 0 more photos
L
1:29 pm EDT

eDreams Car rental

Please refer to your last e-mail response and my multiple subsequent mails

Message from Customer Care Ref: [protected], US724609100 [ ref:_00D20Cl2i._5003X2mMm9j:ref ]

Your last response, dated June 6, 2023:

My last of several, dated June 22, 2023

Hello Nayra.

Can you please follow up on this. It is really dragging out now and I can’t seem to find any deposits from you guys for this amount.

If not done, please can you action ASAP.

If done, please provide proof.

Desired outcome: REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R

eDreams eDreams Review: Nightmare Experience with Flight Changes and Refunds

My flight reference number is ***581.

Hey guys, I just wanted to share my experience with eDreams. I made the mistake of booking my flight through this agent and it turned out to be a nightmare. If there are any changes to your flight schedule, which can happen at short notice due to common excuses, it can take years to get your money back. In fact, many clients never receive their money back at all. It's unbelievable that this agent can never be held accountable. The amount of money lost may seem small, but imagine if this happens to thousands of people who are looking for cheap flights and book through this agent. The amount of money accumulated from people who lose hope or give up must be in the millions of dollars.

In my case, after changes were made to my flight schedule by the agent, which I only found out about through their phone app, my family and I had to stay overnight at a hotel at our own cost. When it was time to board the plane at Perth Airport, we were refused entry onto a Malaysian Air's plane even though we had a valid evisa to enter Saudi Arabia, a valid Australian Passport on February 7, 2022, a PCR Test, and a vaccination certificate. A Menzies Company staff member, who was a Malaysian Air subcontractor for customer handling, made the decision that my visa was invalid, even though the eVisa was obtained from a government single platform: visa.visitsaudi.com.

I tried to complain to eDreams, but they had no email address to address complaints to. So I spent dozens of hours calling them with no result or clarity, as the people who responded to the call were consultants, mostly based somewhere in India.

I tried to seek legal representation, but it was difficult for two reasons: 1. The money value of the case was low, and 2. The case involved multiple jurisdictions. As of writing this review on February 12, 2023, I still have not received a refund.

Recently, eDreams said that they could not get a refund from Malaysia Airlines and left me to deal with the airline directly. After a year, Malaysia Airlines contacted me and claimed that I did not show up, even though I clearly argued with Menzies ground staff that refused us to board the plane. But as an ordinary person, I, like you, have little power to seek redress in cases like this.

I tried to complain to The Menzies's executive, but he washed his hands of the situation and instead directed me to an email of a Malaysia Air regional manager in Perth. However, the manager never replied to any of my several emails.

If you want to hear my story and sign the petition on Change.org to get people aware of the mistakes I have made, type in this key phrase: stop-menzies-aviation-with-its-unfair-plane-boarding-refusal. Let's put this irresponsible and corrupt practice into account as a civil movement.

I lost $4,000, and I hope you don't have to go through what I experienced. The message is clear: do not repeat my horrible experience.

Read full review of eDreams and 1 comment
1 comment
Angrypensioner.
BRISTOL, US

I'm in the same boat brother, I've only been trying to get my money back for just over 2 months, so I guess I'd better get ready for a long fight with these pirates. I will never use them again.

E
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

eDreams Nightmare Experience with eDreams: Multiple Card Declines, Incorrect Ticket Details, and Non-Refundable Admin Fee

Let me tell you, my experience with eDreams was a complete disaster. I thought booking my flights through an online travel agency would be a breeze, but boy was I wrong. The website crashed a few times during the booking process, but I was willing to overlook it because of the low price. I booked two separate tickets and received a confirmation email stating that my reservation was placed and to wait for 24 hours for confirmation. However, within 20 minutes, I started receiving a flurry of emails, and that's when the nightmare began.

I received an outbound flight ticket with my name on it and an inbound flight ticket with another passenger's name on it. Then, I received an email stating that my booking was amended due to a card decline, which was confusing because I knew my card had sufficient funds. I decided to call customer support, and to my surprise, they were very helpful and understanding. However, after spending hours on the phone, we still couldn't resolve the issue.

The customer support representative told me to follow a standard procedure of calling my bank and coming back to them. I did just that, but my bank assured me that they didn't block any transactions. After a second call to customer support, I was asked to wait for another 24 hours for confirmation. The next day, I received yet another email stating that my card was declined. I went to my bank's branch, and once again, they assured me that there were no declines. I called customer support for the third time, and they told me that one ticket was declined, but the other was still in the process, so I had to wait another 24 hours.

After trying to pay with three different cards from three different banks, all with sufficient funds, none of them were accepted. I requested a refund, but to my surprise, I was charged a non-refundable admin fee of 75 pounds. I didn't receive a single full ticket, but I was charged almost half the price of both tickets. I was beyond frustrated at this point.

When I requested invoices for the declined and accepted transactions, I was told that I could only get an invoice for approved transactions. To make matters worse, I was asked to wait for another 24 hours. I contacted my bank again, but there were no declines. To add insult to injury, eDreams claimed that they didn't take another payment from my account.

In conclusion, I will never use eDreams again. The experience was a complete nightmare, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

D
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

eDreams Edreams.com Review: Scamming Machine with Terrible Customer Service and Fraudulent Charges

So, I wanted to go to Paris with my wife and I found edreams.com. I booked 2 tickets from Boston to Paris on November 1st. But, when I checked my credit card statement, I saw that they charged me a different amount than what I agreed to pay. I was really upset and immediately contacted their customer support. But, I had to wait for several hours to actually talk to someone. Finally, I talked to someone and asked for a cancellation and full reimbursement of the tickets. They asked me to write an official complaint to their customer service online. I did that the very same night, asking for a full reimbursement and cancellation of the ticket, that very same day. But, instead of refunding me the full amount, they refunded me only the difference of what I had agreed to pay and what they actually charged my credit card! (52 euros) I was really angry and called them again. But, they forced me to write 5 different complaints and had me wait for over 28 hours on the phone, talked to 24 different agents, all in India! All of them were courteous and nice, but none of them ever helped me. They all asked me to wait and that they would contact Barcelona, the head of customer support. But, 45 days later, I still have not received any response despite all my efforts and wait.

They kept my money for 45 days and NEVER answered any of my written emails. I talked in the course of my calls to 3 different floor managers who tried genuinely to help but always referred Barcelona as the only support center that could actually take this type of decision. They all said they would recontact me personally after 3 days and every time I never heard back from anyone. I kept the name of all my 24 interlocutors and even recorded some of the crazy conversations where sometimes you barely understand what they are saying. And every time I would call, I would have to wait an average of 90 minutes before they answered the call!

In 30 years of dealing with airlines and booking agents, that has never happened to me. Not only was the ticket I bought charged at a different price (which they admitted as they reimbursed me the difference - which in itself is an outrage), but the ticket I bought also had insurance and did not reflect the possibility of changing the dates of my tickets either. The whole online booking is just a huge mess and appears to be a scamming machine to fool customers.

And what is even more infuriating, you have to wait literally hours before you get on the phone and you generally end up talking to someone in India that has absolutely no way of resolving the issue.

In the end, I managed to talk to the head of customer service in Barcelona, who just purely and simply canceled my 2 tickets, refused to reimburse me the difference, and edreams.com kept $300 from us. The worst experience ever after 30 years of international travels and agents. Avoid them like the pest! And check trip advisors complaints. There are thousands of people complaining about the same thing. This company is just a big fraud scamming away customers. Don't be fooled by their attractive prices!

B
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

eDreams Warning: Terrible Experience with Travel Agency - Do Not Use!

This company is the WORST! I have never had such a terrible experience with any company in my life. They charge you for every little thing they can and they are ALL OVER THE PLACE when it comes to getting the things you need done. They will have you contact the airlines if you need cancellations or change of dates. You would think that a travel agency would be the ones to assist with this issue, but I guess not.

In regards to my situation, I made a mistake with the dates for my trip, so I take accountability for that. However, when I called to either cancel or reschedule, they were not helpful at all. When I asked for a refund, they pretty much told me to kick rocks. They said I would only get a refund of $50 out of $300 on only one part of the transaction. I can only imagine if I was going to cancel my flights. I spoke to five people who knew nothing about the issues and how to fix them. So, I am stuck without almost $900 because I will only be getting $50 as a refund according to this awful company.

My issues are still not fixed, and when I asked if they could change my dates, they wanted to charge me an extra fee to change the dates. This company already had me in the negative, and they don't want to work with me. If I could give this company negative stars, I would.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE EVER. It's true when they say you get what you pay for. Use someone else instead of coming with this company. Take it from me; it will save you hundreds!

I also believe that if you do not leave them a review, they will take it upon themselves to make themselves look good. When, in fact, they are not! I've seen it happen with each phone call I have had with them. So here is my review with the most terrible experience I have ever had with this company.

I will continuously update my review until it is fixed, if it will even be fixed. Let's see if my flights even go through or end up getting canceled once I get to the airport like the guy six reviews down from mine.

UPDATE: I canceled everything within an hour of the mistake, and I have nothing but trouble from that moment on! THIS COMPANY IS AWFUL.

Another update: THEY WILL NOT SEND YOU CONFIRMATION THAT YOUR STUFF HAS BEEN CANCELED. BUT PROMISE OVER THE PHONE. WHEN YOU CONTACT THIS COMPANY, BE SURE TO RECORD AND INFORM THEM THAT YOU ARE RECORDING THEM. I AM SENDING MY RECORDING TO MY BANK AND TO A LAWYER. I WILL BE SUING THIS COMPANY!

If you are having an issue with this company, please do me the biggest favor that can shut this company down so they don't scam others. Report it to the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU and file a claim with your bank! That is a start! I'm not giving up on this; I will contact these people every single day if I have to!

UPDATE: only adding to this so it stays at the top. I will be posting updates periodically.

THESE PEOPLE DO NOT GIVE UP. THEY SERIOUSLY ADDED MY INFORMATION FROM MY DEBIT CARD WITHOUT MY CONSENT! AND ADDED ME TO A PREMIUM WHICH I AGAIN DID NOT AUTHORIZE. THIS COMPANY IS TERRIBLE!

UPDATE: LAUGHING OUT LOUD KASHEEN OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS JUST CALLED ME A TERRIBLE CUSTOMER. BECAUSE I AM GETTING MY STUFF TAKEN CARE OF. LOL IF THAT MAKES ME A TERRIBLE CUSTOMER FROM A TERRIBLE COMPANY. SO BE IT!

KASHEEN SHOULD NOT BE WORKING THERE FOR THE TERRIBLE SERVICE HE GAVE ME!

UPDATE: if you're having trouble with this awful company! Dispute your transaction with YOUR BANK and file a claim with the Better Business Bureau. YOURE WELCOME!

M
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

eDreams eDreams.co.uk Review: Misleading and Dishonest with Incompetent Customer Service

I recently booked a return flight to Malta through edream.co.uk, and let me tell you, it was an absolute nightmare. The flight was with Ryanair, and while the initial cost was a steal at only ?14 for two people, the additional charges quickly added up. Choosing seats cost over ?30, and adding a 20kg bag was over ?60. With the uncertainty of COVID-19, I wanted to keep costs as low as possible, but even with minimal extras, the total cost ended up being around ?53. I decided to try out the "edream prime membership option," which gave me a discount of ?39, and a 30-day trial. I thought I was getting a great deal, but then the real trouble began.

I received an email stating that I was charged ?110.30, minus the ?39 discount, leaving me with a total of ?71.30. I was confused because I did not ask for any insurance, yet it was added to my booking. When I called customer service to correct the mistake, I was told that the insurance was non-refundable, even though I had my own travel insurance. The customer service representative was difficult to understand, and I had to ask for a detailed invoice to see what I was actually paying for. She agreed to send it but never did, so I called back after two hours. This time, I was told that the invoice would arrive within 24 hours, and that the two hand luggage bags were also non-refundable. I asked to cancel the booking and the prime membership and to receive a refund, but was told that I had to call Ryanair directly. This was frustrating because my bank statement showed that my card had been debited ?71.30 by OPODO, which is actually eDreams.

I asked to speak to a supervisor, but the customer service representative initially refused. After some discussion, she agreed to ask her supervisor to call me back within three hours. However, I had a feeling that she never intended to pass me on to her supervisor. I waited for 20 minutes and was told that the supervisor was too busy to speak with me. This was unacceptable, and I felt like I was being scammed out of ?71.30. The signing-up process on their website clearly stated that any changes or refunds would be catered to with no delay, but this was not the case.

To make matters worse, I found edream.co.uk through Holiday Pirates, which used to be my go-to search engine for holidays. However, when I tried to post a comment warning other holidaymakers about my experience, I was not allowed to. It seems that they no longer allow comments, which is a shame because I used to leave positive comments all the time.

Overall, my experience with edream.co.uk was a painful and time-wasting one. They are misleading and dishonest, with incompetent customer service. I will never use them again and would not recommend them to anyone. It's a shame because I used to have a great experience with OPODO, but eDreams has ruined their reputation.

eDreams eDreams.com Failed to Issue My Tickets: A Terrible Travel Experience

Hey there, I recently had a terrible experience with eDreams.com and I just need to vent. I booked a trip to Italy through them and it was a complete disaster. I ended up getting stuck in Mexico because eDreams.com failed to issue my tickets. I had to spend a lot of money on hotels and flights just to get by. Thankfully, I had booked those through more reliable sources.

I reached out to Condor AIR and they confirmed that eDreams.com had not issued my tickets. I was devastated. I had spent over $1800 on this trip and now I had nothing to show for it. I tried calling eDreams.com multiple times, but I was getting nowhere. They kept telling me that my flight was secure, but that was not the case.

I received an email from eDreams.com saying that my flight had been cancelled and they offered me three options: depart two days before my arrival in Manchester, depart two days after my arrival, or get a full refund. I chose the refund, but I never received it. I called them again and they assured me that everything was okay and that my reservation was secure. But that was not true. Condor Air confirmed that eDreams.com never issued my tickets.

I was so frustrated that I had to post a review on Trustpilot.com and Tripadvisor.com just to get a response from eDreams.com. Finally, David from the Customer Care Department reached out to me. I sent him a copy of my complaint and booking information. I just want my money back and I want eDreams.com to take responsibility for their mistake.

It's really disappointing when you trust a company to handle your travel plans and they let you down. I hope eDreams.com can make this right and learn from their mistakes.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

eDreams Edreams: Fraudulent, Inconsiderate, Untrained, and Untrustworthy Company - My Terrible Experience

Edreams is a company that you should be careful with. I had a terrible experience with them when I purchased a plane ticket to Osaka, Japan from Honolulu on May 8, 2018. They took $117.25 out of my bank account, and I received flight and ebooking confirmation numbers via email and the Edreams app on my iPhone. However, when I got to the check-in counter with Scoot airline, the agent couldn't find me in their system. I showed proof of my confirmation number, but the agent had me call Edreams immediately. My flight was leaving in 1 hour and 30 minutes, not including the time I waited to even check in.

I called Edreams and waited for 30-35 minutes for the first agent, Neha, to answer. I explained to Neha that the Scoot airline agent said I wasn't in the system, yet I was staring at my flight confirmation number on the Edreams app on my iPhone. Neha placed me on hold while she called Scoot airline customer service. I was placed on hold for 40 minutes and was then transferred to another rep, Sunjay, who had no idea what was going on. Scoot airline agents in Honolulu told me that the same thing happened to another woman too. At this point, I was angry and on the track to missing my flight due to the fraudulent, inconsiderate, untrained, and untrustworthy company Edreams.

Now I was on the line with Sunjay, and I had to spend more time explaining my situation to only be sent to another agent, Medardo, who finally had the decency not just as a (robot) employee but as a human to find a solution to what was happening. Medardo explained that the airline canceled the ticket. Edreams failed to contact me via email, phone, or app. Yet they kept my money and didn't issue a refund or notification. By this time, final boarding calls were being made. Scoot agent Alexxis offered me to buy a ticket at the regular price of $459.00 for a one-way to Osaka, Japan from Honolulu. It was important that I be in Japan on that day, so I was forced to repurchase another ticket, and all this was happening while I was placed on hold with Edreams.

Then, because all this was a waiting game with run-arounds (they knew they screwed up), I ended up missing my flight. Scoot airline agents were very helpful and insightful. Scoot refunded $459, which I got a few days later. Now I had more money in the hole and was not on the flight to Osaka. The Scoot agent Alexis Hitt suggested another airline at a later time. She went out of her way after the flight left to help me find a solution. She checked all flights going to Japan that day and found JAL airline flying to Japan in 2 hours. We walked to the JAL ticket counter (while all this was going on, I was still placed on HOLD with Edreams). Then finally, an Edreams agent came back on the phone, and Alexis spoke to him only to find out they were never trying to get ahold of Scoot airline customer service. Alexis told them her position and said she couldn't access the info they were looking for. Edreams knew they screwed up, and they still kept my money.

Now I was back on the phone with Edreams while at the JAL counter to purchase a ticket for $532.60 (the cheapest one-way ticket). At this point, it was agreed that Edreams would reimburse me the amount of the new plane ticket. I never received any cancellation email or update on the app. Edreams never refunded the $117.25. I have all documentation from my phone bill (calling and amount of time being on the phone), emails, bank account statement, confirmations on the app, and most of the agents' names that handled my case.

Fast forward to June 13, 2018, and still no refund from the new plane ticket. I was beyond peeved due to the fraudulent, inconsiderate, untrained, and untrustworthy company. Anurad initiated a refund on August 30, 2018, but as of September 12, 2018, I still had not received my refund. Abhishek and Eugenia were unable to help me, and Lorena, the supervisor on September 13, 2018, was also unable to do her job based out of the main headquarters in Barcelona. This company and its employees are literally a joke. The company still has my money for a ticket I never got, and it's now December 16, 2018. There's more, but there's not enough space to type.

J
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

eDreams eDreams: A Nightmare Travel Company - Charged for Tickets I Never Purchased

I had a terrible experience with eDreams. I wish I could give them an infinite number of negative reviews. They charged me for tickets that I never purchased because they tried to add $200 to the price at the end of the ticket documentation. I did not sign for or personally authorize this charge. I am refusing the charge and want credit for it because I clicked to cancel and never purchased these tickets from this corrupt and unscrupulous company.

Normally, I check out all companies before buying anything. However, we were so exhausted from the stress of having to drive four times from Matthews to California to deal with eight deaths that I just decided to try them. (What a mistake!) I entered all the required information about us, travel date, our address, my credit card information, etc. When I got to the end of filling out everything, a message popped up saying the price had increased by $200, trying to charge us $505.02 instead of less than $300. I got mad and was cussing about how these bogus companies are always trying to rip you off. I never accepted their price and did not purchase their tickets. I hit X to exit, but they charged me anyway. I got a popup message saying I had made a purchase. I was furious. I checked my email and went to their site to call to contest the fact that I had not purchased their tickets. I spent two hours trying to make contact with them and could not find a way to contact them.

I have attempted to contact them at least 40 times since 6-2-21 disputing them charging me for two tickets after canceling the purchase before it was to be processed. I immediately called Frontier Airlines to contest the fraud ticket charges made by eDreams. Frontier immediately canceled eDreams reservation and made one directly through them for the original price. Then I immediately contacted my Barclays credit card to contest the charges. The agent said they couldn't block it because it was only a pending charge and to call back if I see it charged to contest it. When I called Barclays again, they gave me the number they had on file for eDreams, but it never rang and could never get through even after 25-30 tries. I tried their disconnected numbers several times, and they never even rang, and I could never get through, or their website was down or not working. I left 5 or 6 chat messages, but they never responded in 3 months. I researched online to find some way to contact them and found about 6 different phone numbers, and all of them were disconnected. ( ***813, ***719, ***186, ***024, ***185, ***190) I tried every way possible to make contact with this company and was never able to contact them, nor did they ever try to contact me or respond to their chat messages.

I went online to check out the reviews of the company (which I made the mistake of not doing first like I normally do). Wow, eDreams is a terrible company. They are rated between ? and 1 ? stars on every site I checked. I also found hundreds of complaints similar to mine and hundreds of other complaints about how much of a rip-off and how bad this company is.

When we returned to Matthews, I tried their eDreams contact numbers several more times, and it never even rang, and I could never get through, or their website was down or not working. On 8-1-21, eDreams survey division contacted me to do a survey about my experience with the company on 8-3-21. Finally, I could express my feelings about this horrible company. On 8-3-21, I spent 2 hours recording and explaining all aspects of the rip-off problem and complaining to the survey company about how I never purchased their tickets, and they ripped me off and charged me anyway. The survey company said I should contact the credit card company.

I have called Barclays Credit Card fraud charges department several times contesting this charge. In our entire lives, using about 50-60 different credit cards, we have never had to go through so much time and trouble to dispute a charge. We sent all of the documented proof of fraud, and Barclays ripped us off as well and refused to credit the charge even after faxing them documented proof of fraud. We have four Barclays credit cards, and after we use all the points and miles, we will be canceling their cards as well. So, our desperately needed stress and depression vacation flight ticket turned out to be a nightmare costing us $860, almost 3x the original cost of the ticket. eDreams is the absolute worst travel company in the world. Do not purchase from them, and don't fill out your information because they will charge you even if you don't buy their ticket - total fraud!

G

eDreams eDreams Review: Refund Struggle Continues, Do Not Use This Company

I just wanted to give an update on my experience with eDreams. I wrote a review a few days ago about my ongoing struggle to get a refund for a ticket I purchased through them back in July 2022. I received an email from their customer service team stating that I had been refunded directly by the airline on September 21, 2022, and that I should check my bank account. However, I had already checked my bank account and there was no refund. It seems like they don't read these reviews thoroughly or they use the same tactics repeatedly to give customers the runaround.

To make matters worse, I received another email from eDreams stating that I was charged for the same ticket amount "by mistake" and that I would be refunded for that within a week. This is incredibly frustrating because I was charged initially for the ticket by the airline that I purchased through eDreams in July 2022, and now I was just charged by eDreams for that same ticket amount, again, "by mistake". It's hard to believe that a company can make the same mistake twice.

I also received yet another email stating that I would receive my refund within 10 days, which is the exact same email I received two days ago. This doesn't make sense because it doesn't match up with what was previously said by customer service and that I was supposedly already refunded directly by the airline. It seems like they have a checklist of responses to give customers, regardless of whether or not it's accurate. Additionally, I was not contacted within 72 hours as stated by the previous agent.

I stand by my previous recommendation to not use eDreams. It's better to purchase directly through the airline or use a more reputable agency. I wish I had done my research before making a decision.

In my previous review, I mentioned that I purchased a return/round trip ticket through eDreams back in July 2022. I also purchased their Flex Fare option, which allowed me to get a full refund on that ticket if I were to cancel/change. I ended up having to change my return date, so I was advised by their travel agent to purchase an entirely new ticket and that I would be refunded for the initial ticket, minus the Flex Fare fee. I followed their instructions and waited for roughly 30 days to get a refund, but nothing happened. Months passed, and still no refund.

I called eDreams and was told that I was refunded directly by the airline on September 21, 2022. However, when I checked my bank account, there was no refund. I was then asked to provide bank statements to eDreams to show that I had not been refunded. I was also asked to provide SWIFT codes and IBAN numbers of my bank, which was frustrating because this was asked of me multiple times. After several more calls, without any updates or changes, agents telling me they had submitted my refund request, and me receiving emails stating that I would "receive a refund within 10 days", I decided to call the airline directly.

The airline stated that they do not offer refunds unless it is a medical emergency or death in the family, and that they had no record of any agency contacting them in regards to a refund. I called back eDreams, stating this, and was told that they had now received the refund from the airline and I once again received an email stating that my refund had been processed and that it would be within ten days. More than ten days passed, and still no refund.

I called eDreams yet again, each time having to explain my entire situation, which made me assume they do not make notes in their system. I was offered a repeat solution this time, stating that my refund had now been processed and I received yet another email of "ten days". I told the agent that this "solution" had been attempted multiple times before along with the "ten day" email, and he stated that he couldn't speak for the other agents but that he had personally submitted the request. He also stated that he would follow up personally in 72 hours. This had also been told to me before, and no one followed up. The only difference in this case is that he provided me with his name, so we'll see if this is any different.

It's now the end of December, and this has been an ongoing struggle since July. I highly recommend that you do NOT use eDreams. Please do your research before making a decision. There are countless negative reviews, most of which are from customers who are still waiting for their refunds.

E
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

eDreams eDreams Review: Nightmare Experience with Flight Booking and Name Correction

Hey there,

My name's Ilana and I wanted to share my experience with eDreams after booking a flight from Tel Aviv to New York with my husband. We got married eight months ago and had to postpone our honeymoon due to a busy schedule and unexpected events. Finally, we planned our vacation and booked a roundtrip flight via eDreams for $870 each, from Tel Aviv to JFK via London, operated by American Airlines and Elal Israeli Airlines.

A few days after receiving the confirmation email, we noticed a spelling mistake in my last name, with one letter missing. We consulted with friends who worked in a local travel agency and a flight attendant friend who told us that the spelling on the ticket must match the passport exactly, even if it's just one missing letter that doesn't change the pronunciation of the word. We tried to contact eDreams to correct the mistake, but couldn't find any contact details on their website. Eventually, we found an option to contact them via Facebook and spoke to a virtual assistant who promised to send an email with instructions on how to correct the name. However, the email never arrived, so we called customer service and waited 45 minutes on hold. When we finally got through, the representative told us there was a penalty of 90 euros and we had to provide a copy of my passport by mail. They didn't tell us how or when to proceed with payment.

After sending the passport copy, we received an email saying the next step was to pay the penalty. We searched for the option on their website but couldn't find it, so we called again. This time, we waited 65 minutes on hold and were told that the representative was trying to contact American Airlines but couldn't get through. Frustrated, I asked to speak to a supervisor for more information. After another 15-minute wait, the supervisor told me the same thing - they couldn't correct the name unless American Airlines was on the line. I couldn't continue the conversation after so much waiting and was promised a call back in 24 hours, but never received one. I called again on Sunday and waited 40 minutes on hold, only to be told that the Elal office in Miami was closed. As an Israeli citizen, I told them that we work on Sundays in Israel and could provide them with a few numbers for Elal airlines that would be easy to reach. However, the representative insisted that only the Miami office could help and we had to call back on Monday.

Feeling like we were getting nowhere, I called American and Elal airlines for assistance. Sadly, they both told me that they couldn't make any name corrections because eDreams was the agency and everything had to be done by them. None of the airline representatives could understand why it was so difficult for eDreams to make the correction, and neither could I.

The night before our flight, we finally got through to a representative after waiting an hour and a half on hold. They made phone calls to the other airlines and charged us 90 euros for the name correction, as promised. However, when we arrived at the airport, we discovered that the name correction was made on my husband's ticket and not mine, so his ticket was cancelled. We ended up with a ticket for me with the wrong spelling and my husband didn't have a ticket at all.

We called eDreams again and waited another hour on hold. The representative apologized and promised us a refund for the cancelled ticket, but didn't know why or how it happened. With no other choice, my husband purchased a new ticket for a flight operated by a different airline so he could fly to New York on time and meet me there. We ended up flying separate flights, paying an extra $300, waiting hours on hold, paying for the name correction and overseas calls, and not getting our vegetarian meal because the tickets were last-minute and they didn't prepare the "special meal" for us. During a 10-hour flight, everyone gets hungry!

We have to give credit to American Airlines and Elal for being supportive and trying to help us. New York was great, but we sent an email to eDreams regarding the refund and haven't received a response yet.

I never imagined that the incapability of one flight agency could cause so many mistakes and so much financial and moral damage to clients. It's frustrating to think about all the time and money we wasted trying to correct a simple spelling mistake. I hope eDreams can improve their customer service and make things easier for their clients in the future.

H
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

eDreams Edreams Review: Hidden Fees, Poor Customer Service, and Stressful Travel Experience

Edreams is not the best option if you want to have a smooth and stress-free trip. From the moment you start the reservation process until the invoicing, you may encounter several issues that can ruin your travel experience.

At first, the prices displayed on Edreams may seem cheaper than other websites. However, once you reach the end of the process, you may notice that the final price has increased significantly due to payment method expenses, service fees, insurance expenses, and other charges that they add without warning. It can be frustrating to feel like you were tricked into paying more than you expected.

If you decide to purchase an insurance to cover flight change costs, you may find out that it only covers Edreams services. While Edreams won't charge you anything to change your flight, you will still have to pay the cost charged by the airline, which can be quite high.

Edreams also offers an automatic online check-in service, which can be convenient if it works. However, in some cases, it may not work correctly, and you may end up having to go to the airport hours before your flight to ensure you get a seat.

Another issue that you may encounter with Edreams is related to invoicing. After downloading your invoices, you may notice a difference between the amount charged on your credit card and the total amount of the invoices. If you need an invoice for your company, you may have to go through a long and frustrating process of contacting Edreams support, the insurance company, and making international phone calls to get the correct invoice. Even after all this effort, you may not get the invoice you need, and Edreams customer service may not be helpful.

Overall, if you want to avoid extra costs, absurd problems, and dealing with a third world customer service, it's best to avoid Edreams. While their prices may seem attractive at first, the hidden fees and poor customer service can make your trip a nightmare.

J

eDreams Thrilling and Heartfelt: A Review of The Hunger Games Trilogy

I looked for round trip ticket (HANEDA-NAHA in Japan) on Google. This website was registered in Google Flight UI, and I bought the outbound and returning tickets from this website. First, I should have noticed this website is unreliable from the slowness of every response on the site. But I was a little bit in hurry so kept going.
Typed my credit card number and waited a minute before making the transaction (Alas, this is unbelievably slow). After all, it turns out only booking for my returning flight went successful. On their website showing my itinerary, it says the processing for the outbound ticket takes a few minutes (at most 24 hr).

So, I just waited. But an email from the flight company of my outbound trip came in my inbox. The email only says the booking is not yet unpaid. Hmm, I didn't understand what's the email for because nothing is instructed in eDream (I even hate calling this website). A few hours later, nothing happens. And I started wondering "should I make payment on the airline's website by myself?" I've never experienced this kind of process with any other booking website but it seems this is the only way. With the reservation code, I checked my reservation made by eDreams on the airline's website. I found my age information (it says I'm 30 but I'm 26) was wrong. The booking for returning trip was done with right information so this is most likely caused from the bug of eDream's system. Anyway, I cannot change the information after reservation. All I could do was cancel the reservation and make reservation again by myself on the airline's website.

While doing all of this, eDreams sent a email which says the trip was canceled for some reason and will refund but at the time of writing it is not refunded yet. However, on their itinerary site, the outbound trip remains and seems confirmed. It is very confusing. I tried to reach to their customer support but all they have is so-called crappy AI chat bot. After chatting with the souless program, it sent me to their old-looking web page to write a free form inquiry. The form allows only 250 characters. How could anyone write complicated troubles of flight reservation in 250 characters!?

Long story in short. Google should never pop this website on the top result. And people, don't use this website. There are a bunch of other better booking website. This is the worst.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

eDreams Terrible Experience with eDreams: Unconfirmed Booking and Poor Customer Service

So, I had a pretty bad experience with eDreams. I needed to book a flight quickly after my original one was cancelled, so I turned to eDreams for help. It was my first time using their service, and I found a flight that would get me back in time for work the next day. I paid for it through their system and received an email confirmation.

However, two hours later, I noticed on the app that my booking was still pending. I called eDreams to inquire about the status of my booking, and after some difficulty communicating due to their phone system and the representative's strong accent, I was informed that my booking was not confirmed due to a company policy of not sending out confirmation until 24 hours after booking. The flight I had paid for was in just seven hours, and if I hadn't called, I wouldn't have known that I didn't have a seat on the flight.

I asked to speak to a manager to get an explanation and suggest that they not offer flights departing in less than 24 hours, but there was a one-hour queue to speak to one. I was frustrated that they allowed me to book and pay for a flight that wasn't even available, and they took no responsibility for their mistake.

Their customer service was beyond terrible, and I will never use their service again. I would advise others to avoid them as well. It's better to call the airline directly to check for available seats before giving any of your hard-earned money to these rogue companies.

I know they'll probably reply with a message asking me to contact them to resolve the issue, but I don't want to spend another hour on the phone waiting for them to pick up. They had plenty of chances to fix the issue when I called and asked to speak to a manager, but they didn't seem to care. I hope they go out of business soon.

eDreams eDreams Review: Terrible Customer Service and No Refund Policy in Place

I want to share my experience with eDreams, a travel agent that I recently used to book a flight. Unfortunately, my experience was not a positive one.

I had to book a flight in an emergency to attend a funeral abroad with my mother. We booked the ticket on 21/12/2021 and unfortunately, there was a sudden death in the family. We had to leave the country immediately.

Since then, my case has been ongoing and there have been no updates on my refund situation. I have only had one interaction with a human in an online chat yesterday (10/03/2022). They blamed the delay on the airline and said someone would get back to me.

However, I don't believe this to be true. I had to bombard them with messages on several sections of my browser just to get one agent named Mr Chonthunglo Ngullie. They didn't rebook or reschedule my flight for the next day or the following day. They said the flight was full for the whole month, which turned out to be a lie. I was able to contact the airline check-in staff and the duty manager who confirmed there were seats available.

I was at the airport literally begging on the phone with them, but they refused to help. I had to buy a new pair of tickets with Opodo the next day and fly to attend the funeral of my family member. They promised a full refund via insurance or half by themselves, but nothing has materialized. It's all just a waste of time.

eDreams seems to be only money-minded and not really humane. There are no after-sale services, no real refund policy in place, and they don't answer phone calls or reply to emails. They just blame everything on the pandemic.

I was very upset and frustrated on top of the loss of my family member. My elderly mother who was with me was almost fainting. I felt like almost a dead man myself.

This experience has pushed me into financial difficulties, and my mother was very much affected by their treatment. All I need is a refund of GBP 2,192.72, which I have an invoice for.

I hope eDreams can resolve this issue promptly and provide me with the refund I am owed. As recommended by Trading Standards, I would like to keep a complete record of my case.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

eDreams Edreams Review: Terrible Customer Service and Pre-Paid Baggage Not Honored

I gotta say, I really regret using Edreams to book my flight. I mean, I should have known better than to trust a company without checking their online ratings and reviews first. But I was in a hurry and didn't think it would be that bad. Boy, was I wrong.

So, I booked a flight from one Asian city to another, and I made sure to add checked-in baggage to my booking because I knew I would need it. I even paid for it in advance. But when I received my email confirmation from Edreams, there was no checked bag included in my flight. I was so confused and frustrated because the confirmation page clearly stated that I had one checked bag included. I immediately contacted their customer care, but I didn't get a response for over a month. I mean, seriously? That's just unacceptable.

When someone finally got back to me, they basically said they couldn't do anything to help me. I was so angry and disappointed. And to make matters worse, when I tried to board my flight, the airline told me that I had to pay again for checked baggage because Edreams is just a third-party agency. I mean, what kind of nonsense is that? I had already paid for it!

And that's not even the worst part. Edreams asks for way too much personal information when you're booking a flight. I mean, all they really need is your full legal name and nationality. But no, they want everything from your address to your phone number to your email. And to top it off, they forward your personal information to third parties without your consent. That's just not cool.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend Edreams to anyone. They have terrible customer service, they don't honor pre-paid baggage, and they don't have any system in place to compensate you if something goes wrong. And I'm not the only one who's had a bad experience with them. Just check out any reputable review site and you'll see tons of negative reviews. So, do yourself a favor and avoid Edreams at all costs.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

eDreams eDreams: Terrible Customer Service and Refund Policy - Avoid at All Costs

I gotta say, I had a pretty bad experience with eDreams. I booked a ticket to Jordan from Riyadh back in May 2019 (booking reference ***109). Unfortunately, Jordan Air changed their flight schedule, so I had to cancel my ticket. I was told by eDreams that I would receive a full refund since it was Jordan Air's mistake.

However, after waiting for three months, I still hadn't received my refund. In fact, my booking number had been removed from the system altogether. I gave eDreams a call, and after waiting on hold for 10-15 minutes, I was told that they still hadn't received the refund from Jordan Air. They told me to wait another 72 hours and gave me an email address to contact them.

I sent several emails, but never received a response. When I called again, I was told to wait another 72 hours. This happened multiple times, and each time I called, I had to wait on hold for a long time. It was frustrating and expensive, especially since I was calling from overseas.

To make matters worse, when I finally got through to someone who promised to change my refund account from credit card to bank account, it turned out that they hadn't actually done it. I was so angry that I scolded the operator.

I've been calling eDreams regularly since then, but I still haven't received my refund. They don't seem to care about their customers at all. They don't even apologize for the inconvenience or honor their three-month refund policy. It's like they don't have any heart.

If you're thinking about booking with eDreams, I would advise against it. They won't refund your money if you need to cancel or change your flight. Don't bother sending them emails or complaints because they won't respond. They're rude and treat their customers poorly. It's just a plain system taking orders and giving tickets. Only book with eDreams if you have no other options. I'm going to post my experience on TripAdvisor so that others can avoid the same frustration.

eDreams Customer Reviews Overview

eDreams is a popular online travel agency that offers a wide range of travel services including flights, hotels, car rentals, and vacation packages. Our reviews show that eDreams is highly rated for its user-friendly website, competitive prices, and excellent customer service.

Many customers appreciate the easy-to-use interface of the eDreams website, which allows them to quickly search and book flights, hotels, and other travel services. The website is also available in multiple languages, making it accessible to a global audience.

eDreams is known for offering some of the best prices on flights and other travel services. Customers appreciate the company's price comparison tool, which allows them to compare prices across multiple airlines and travel providers. Many customers have reported saving significant amounts of money by booking through eDreams.

Another major selling point of eDreams is its customer service. The company has a dedicated customer support team that is available 24/7 to assist customers with any questions or issues they may have. Customers have praised eDreams for its prompt and helpful customer service, which has helped to resolve any issues quickly and efficiently.

Overall, our reviews show that eDreams is a reliable and trustworthy travel agency that offers competitive prices and excellent customer service. Whether you're looking to book a flight, hotel, or vacation package, eDreams is a great choice for all your travel needs.

eDreams In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of eDreams is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the necessary information. The layout is intuitive, with clear menus and search functions, ensuring a smooth user experience.

Booking Process and Ease of Use: The booking process on eDreams is straightforward and hassle-free. The website provides step-by-step instructions, allowing users to easily select their travel dates, destinations, and preferences. The search results are displayed in a clear and organized manner, making it simple to compare and choose the best options.

Flight Options and Availability: eDreams offers a wide range of flight options, including both domestic and international routes. The website provides comprehensive search results, displaying various airlines and flight times. Users can easily filter and sort the results based on their preferences, ensuring they find the most suitable flights.

Pricing and Competitive Offers: eDreams offers competitive prices and frequently provides special offers and discounts. The website compares prices from different airlines and displays the best deals prominently. Users can also set price alerts to be notified of any price drops, helping them save money on their bookings.

Customer Service and Support: eDreams provides reliable customer service and support. They offer multiple channels for assistance, including phone, email, and live chat. The customer service team is responsive and knowledgeable, addressing any queries or concerns promptly.

Trustworthiness and Security: eDreams is a trusted and secure platform for booking flights. The website uses industry-standard encryption to protect users' personal and payment information. Additionally, eDreams is a reputable company with a strong track record in the travel industry.

Additional Services and Features: In addition to flight bookings, eDreams offers various additional services and features. These include hotel bookings, car rentals, travel insurance, and airport transfers. Users can conveniently book all their travel needs in one place, saving time and effort.

Mobile App Experience: eDreams provides a mobile app that offers a seamless booking experience on the go. The app is well-designed and user-friendly, allowing users to easily search and book flights, manage their bookings, and access travel information from their mobile devices.

Loyalty Program and Rewards: eDreams offers a loyalty program called "eDreams Prime" that provides exclusive benefits and rewards to its members. These include discounts on flights and hotels, priority customer service, and access to special promotions. The loyalty program is a great way for frequent travelers to save money and enjoy additional perks.

Overall Customer Satisfaction and Reviews: Overall, eDreams has received positive reviews from customers. Users appreciate the user-friendly website, competitive prices, and reliable customer service. The platform's wide range of flight options and additional services also contribute to high customer satisfaction.

How to file a complaint about eDreams?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with eDreams. Make it specific and clear, such as "eDreams Refund Not Processed" or "Overcharged by eDreams for Flight Booking".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with eDreams. Mention the service you used, such as flight booking, hotel reservation, or car rental. Describe the nature of the problem, including dates, locations, and any specific details of the transaction. If you attempted to resolve the issue with eDreams, include the steps you took and the company's response. Clearly articulate how the issue has personally affected you, such as financial loss, stress, or disruption of travel plans.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, confirmation emails, or correspondence with eDreams. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to quantify any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue with eDreams. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it is a refund, compensation, or another form of resolution.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. Engage with any follow-up questions or requests for additional information to help resolve your complaint.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

eDreams contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with eDreams?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with eDreams Customer Service. Initial eDreams complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for eDreams above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about eDreams. Discuss the issues you have had with eDreams and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.