Economy Car Rentalsmissing deposit / overcharge

R Jan 08, 2020 Review updated:

I booked a car from Economy Car Rentals (ECR) Voucher ECB6B32C for my wife to pick up her carth on 7th December 2019 from supplier SIXT. The price quoted was GBP 216 - ECR requested I pay them on credit card GBP 120.52 deposit which should of left a balance of GBP95.48. Voucher stated had to pay GBP 195.79. ECR did not pass on the deposit and SIXT have no record of it on their Contract [protected] or on their Final Invoice - Where is my GBP 120.52 deposit. I can not contact ECR in the UK as they seem not to have any telephone Contact number on their web site and they don't reply to my 2 emails.

• Updated by Roger McMorris · Jan 17, 2020

I have my own annual Insurance specifically to cover all aspects of Insurance by Car Rental companies. Therefor I did not select or even elect to have Theft Damage Excess - it must be Selected/Ticked automatically /permanently on your WEB site. If this is the case it is clearly unacceptable that this daily fee of GBP 9 odds is included automatically and is ONLY de-selectable and NOT a selectable item - Surely this is completely unacceptable to the Consumer protection Act - that you must have the the right to select and choose,
    and not that you automatically insert it and I have to deselect it! if you don't want it - which I DID NOT WANT IT!

• Economy Car Rentals Customer Care's Response · Jan 23, 2020

Dear Mr and Mrs Mcmorris,

Thank you for your quick reaction to the email we sent you.

We have removed the protection of the excess as you have already coverage for the excess by your own annual insurance.

An automatic email will be sent to you as well for your reference to the refund made.

Kind regards,
    EconomyCarRentals.com

• C
      Jan 10, 2020

Dear Mr Roger McMorris,

Thank you for your review and for giving us the opportunity to respond to you.

Regarding this case, we would like to inform you that the total price quoted online was £ 316, 31 including the value of Theft Damage Excess Protection.

In order to place the order, a part of the price is being charged online, in this case it was £ 120, 52 and by confirmation of the order, the balance amount is written on the voucher, which remains and will be paid at the rental desk. The balance was £ 195, 79.

Kindly note that the prepayment was charged online to our company and the station is not able to see this payment as the Theft Damage Excess Protection is offered online by our company and not SIXT CAR RENTALS. The online payment is regarding this protection.

According to the final invoice attached the charges made locally are correct.

Kind regards,