Menu
EA Games
reviews & complaints

EA Games
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

82 complaints
21 resolved 61 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of EA Games. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
D
3:55 pm

EA Games - install/update

I bought and downloaded The Sims 3 from the Windows Market Place. before playing, I ran the recommended update, which fails right at the end. After failing, it renders the game COMPLETELY useless. I reinstall and repeat with the same impact. I search for information on the error and find sites with cracks to download, just to get the updates to work right. The EA Games website takes you to a place to download the update, which isn't available. I would rather not use Origin since it has been proven to capture data from your computer and the installed applications. Nowhere can I find a simple contact for EA games and all of the reviews suggest I would only be more mad if I tried to call...it should not take me days to get this game to work! I am so upset I'm ready to complain anywhere -- this company has done so much to ruin these games that I'm ashamed I made a purchase.

1 comment
H
Mar 17, 2013 4:22 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

EA games are the worst...They never have updates...All they care about is the money coming in...It is a very poor software company...I never buy EA nothing anymore they just rip off the public...

S
10:30 pm

EA Games - sims 3 univeristy

I had pre-ordered the Sims 3 University game and received notice the game was available on the release date of March 5th, 2013. Much to my shock, turns out EA games/ Origin had released 2 Franchise games on the same day and has cause problems in getting either game. After locating a phone number I spent over an hour on hold ; being told my wait time was 758 minutes and it fluctuated down to 250 mins and I also had online Chat with them up and waited over 2 hrs waiting. Finally got through to Vinod ( customer support) and was told " I would be able to download my game when this issue was fixed ", ok well I was typing back " what is this" and Vinod politely said thank you and bye. Never got an answer and still can't download the game. Would truly like to thank EA Games/ Origins for having such a friendly and helpful staff. I work in Customer Service and am truly appalled by their service.

R
5:13 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My 8 year old son has been playing The Simpsons Tapped out on his iPod. He has spent around $150 of his Christmas and birthday money playing the game. This morning the game reset itself taking away all of the money he has spent on it. I am trying to contact someone who can help. I spoke with someone on livechat an all she could give me is a 1900 number that...

C
9:08 pm

EA Games - sims 3 for pc

The Sims 3 for PC is a piece of crap! I bought the Sims 3 and I have like NINE expansion packs, that's HUNDREDS of dollars! All it ever does it freeze up! I will be in the middle of playing and it will just freeze up and close, losing any progress I had made. Recently, my sims have stopped aging and there is NO FIX for this... they SAY it's from installing custom content but the piece of crap game froze up long before I ever installed custom stuff! DON'T BUY THIS GAME! They better find a way to give me my freaking money back!

L
6:31 pm

EA Games - freezing/unplayable

I've recently started playing The Sims 3 again. I have all expansions and stuff packs. In game is completely fine and I have not had any trouble. HOWEVER, I can not get my save game to load properly EVER. If I exit the game and want to go back in I end up spending an hour Googling and reading about how to fix it so that I can play. I do not do anything to corrupt the files (like switch off the computer while it's saving), I do not have any custom content or mods and my PC is made for gaming. At the moment the only way I can play my save game is to delete it and re name the backup and play from the back up. EVERY TIME. This results in me re playing a day or two that I have already played and I can not find a solution on how to fix this. I have deleted cache files, re installed multiple times, run CCleaner and my husband works in IT and keeps my computer up to date with everything it needs. I don't think I should have to go searching through files and deleting or re naming things just to be able to play. I feel like for every hour of playing I've done I've also spent an hour trying to figure out how to fix it just to play! This is rediculous as I have spent a fair bit of money to play this game and otherwise enjoy it. I will not buy any more expansions or new games until the current issues are dealt with.

N
11:32 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have downloaded the free version of this game and the bought the full version later. I am using Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 and it was working on Gingerbread before the ICS 4 update. Yesterday ICS 4 was released in Turkey and i have updated my phone. Today i have downloaded the game again. Addional files were succesfully downloaded too. When i...

A
3:41 pm

EA Games - suspended account

I "won" a $100 Jackpot but when I attempted to claim it my account was suspended. No notice, no explanation, I tried to log in and got an error message that I had been suspended. I assume that they feel I was using a cheat program, but how do you make a random jackpot spinner stop where you want it to? If it is truly random, then no one could force it to stop on a jackpot, but the concept EA has that it could indicates to me that their jackpot spinner is not random, but is weighted in the favor of EA so that they do not have to pay out any prizes - so who is the cheat here?!?. EA has been having some major problems with game play recently and with accounts that are hacked, but they make no attempt to determine if an account was hacked, they simply take everything at face value and the players pay the price. I have been a member for 4 years and I have lost a tremendous amount in the way of badges, mini items, ranks in games. I'm too disheartened to start all over again, and I know that the company will not listen to any defense I might have (this is the second time my account was hacked). Electronic Arts is a heartless money grubbing machine and I'm going to every site I can find to let people know that they will only award you worthless prizes like wallpaper, that if you complete Peanut Labs earn gems offers you WILL NOT get your gems, regardless of how many times you request review of offers completed (I have sent in e-mails and screenshots showing that I have completed offers and have received no gems). STAY AWAY FROM POGO GAMES THEY ARE A RIP-OFF! You will waste so much time and money for nothing.

J
6:30 pm

EA Games - anti-gay

In the game of LIFE they do not allow us to play out actual life by choosing who our partner should be!

S
9:22 pm

EA Games - battlefield 3 installation

I baught a pc game "battlefield 3" and asked all the right questions about hardware requirements while in the store and took a long hard look at the online requirements, all that stated was "Internet access needed to register this product" so I bought the rechid thing. Once origin was installed and my unique code enteredand I pressed "download" as that's what the manual states, next thing "downloading 11.4GB" i cancelled the download and did research for hours with no success. I am extremely disappointed with ea games and origin and would like my $79 back as this is not satisfactory and one more thing... MY DVD ROM IS NOT IN OPERATION WHEN DOWNLOADING! I hope ea games can at least read that!

I will be approaching media if my issue is not resolved or my money refunded and i will never buy another EA game as long as origin is in existence...

3 comments
O
Feb 16, 2012 4:07 pm

You sir, are ###ed. It's not like a console game where you just put it in and play. Around 7-9 GB is a good size for a regular game. 11.4GB is a result of the excellent sound, graphics, and large scale maps of BF3. You put in disc 1, it installs it on your comp, and when it tells you to insert disc 2, do so, and you have the game. I find that most of the times when an error occurs, whiners complain, and it is mostly their fault, not the game's, or EA's, or Origin's fault. Have a good day.

L
Dec 25, 2011 8:46 am

Same story here, I got the game for christmas and cannot even play it because of Origin and gigs upon gigs of updates. What the f*** are these developers thinking? I can confidently say I will never again in my life buy another EA products game and I will inform my friends not to do so as well. And then they wonder why people pirate games, at least then I would be able to play it..

T
Dec 20, 2011 12:20 pm

You are lucky, I cannot even enter my code. The origin **** only shows a small blank sceen. I even re-installed the S*** 5 times.
3 Days later and the CD's is about to be trashed.
Going back to playing blizzard games

M
10:42 pm

EA Games - game installation/running problems

I have purchased this game a couple of weeks ago this message keeps appearing this eventually leads to the game crashing I am absolutely amazed and disgusted that this issue is common knowledge in the gaming world and EA seem to do very little about it.
I have tried various patches and read through many forums on the internet to try and rectify this along with uninstalling and reinstalling the game this has had no effect and the problems are still evident. I am unable to return the game as I have surpassed the refund date I am extremely annoyed and have wasted money on a game I can't play. I am would like someone to explain to me what the problem is and how I can get this running efficiently. I am more then willing to take this as far as it needs to I have attached 2 pictures for you to look at one is of the error message and one is of the pc spec I am running the game on so you know its more then capable of running the game. I will look forward to an immediate response.

View 0 more photos
1 comment
T
Mar 29, 2012 3:12 am

I got delalu Snag ...
can not play the sims ...
I failed to take Sims Cas bonus game which opened five days in a row that ... due to hit Snag ..

EA Games - crashs computer

medal of honor is the game online suport is a joke they dont help or they just dont answer then you have run a dxdiag for them and copy and paste it you get no answer l have tryed to get there origin live help serval times and this is what you get
Please wait. An EA Expert will be with you soon.
All EA Experts are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An EA Expert will be with you shortly.
All EA Experts are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An EA Expert l feel as if l have been ripped off by this company and like my money back how many more people is this company going to rip off

M
5:43 pm

EA Games - short game

I have been on and off the x box today playing the new harry potter dh2 game I started it at 10:35 finished by 5:20 please note I stopped for lunch and played games with my little girl and done a few other things I am sorry but how can I spent 40 on a game that I completed with in one day it is a rip off! DO NOT BUY PEOPLE

D

EA Games - pathetic customer support

I bought battlefield bad company 2 from EA games. After 2 weeks of not being able to play online due to an error which was thier fault i decided to contact them. I spoke to around 8 different customer support employee's for around 14 hours in total, they told me the problem was Microsofts fault. After speaking to microsoft for 2 hours using £15 phone credit they confirmed the problem was EA games. The customer support was useless, all employees were absolutely clueless with regards of fixing the problem. Some were even quite rude. They sent me pre-recorded messages rather then speak to me and suggestions for fixing the problem were riduculous and unessessary. So after £15 and 14 hours of my time wasted i ended up solving the problem myself. They were all COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY USELESS and i hope to god they dont get paid for the times they waste.

E
8:16 am

EA Games - ea server inaccesability

To play Battlefield Bad Company 2 on multiplayer you have to connect to the EA server. For the second time in 6 months it just randomly tells me I cant connect cause of my connection, but my connection is fine. This issue is hard if not impossible to navigate arround and I think the only reason EA doesn't fix it is because they are to busy snickering about the fact that you can't sue for something worth less than $100. This company is not user friendly and If I didn't love this 1 game so much I wouldn't care if all its shareholders died and its facilities were destroyed after dealing with so much bs from them.

The even make filing complaints difficult, and never actually email you back.

B
5:52 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The Sims 3 for the Wii console is horrible. The graphics are horrid and the game takes my Wii so long to think that it freezes up. The sims get stuck on the couch and you cant get them off until they decide they want up. You can't build a house, which was my favorite part. The choices for the appearance are nothing compared to the PC version. I originally...

G
1:07 pm

EA Games - download missing

Download games seem to get "lost". They can't find my The Rise of The Witch King add-on to The Battle for Middle Earth. The customer service rep. AARON (via chat) keeps taking forever to respond to every sentence and asked for the same information I gave as if he's got to keep refilling his coffee and leaving his desk. They should be able to look you up by name and send the download E-mail to you again within a minute. If you don't have the E-mail with the order number on it its as if you've switched to speaking Ancient Egyptian.

Last online purchase from EA.

E
3:22 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am making an official complaint This will be followed up by media involvement, depending on the response The Sims 3 contains references to an "insane trait" in one of the families - The Hart Family http://tinyurl.com/dj3qtf I take extreme offence to this - how dare you get away with this discrimination of a mental health issue Who do you think you are...

H
5:44 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In spite of numerous reports and complaints a small number of players are still able to freeze games at will, usually if they are losing or as a vexatious act. I know this occurs in bridge, hearts, canasta, spades and in Pinochle where the main offending players are SallyWildOne, AJac209118, WildOneKirby, and NikkiFlynn. Pogo will not ban these players or...

P
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am very annoyed about the delay in the relase date for the sims 3, I have made a countdown for 20th of february and prepared my computer for the game by deleting files and creating space. Me and My Friend have been so excited about it and we've been talking non stop . And then we fount out that the release date had ben delayed . We even pre-ordered it...

V
12:00 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a member of Pogo for 1 year. I recently won a prize and now Pogo is refusing to release it to me. They said that I was using an automated robot to play for me which is completely bogus. I have never used one. I dont even know where to get them and am terrified of downloading anything off the internet anyways for fear of getting a virus. They...

EA Games contacts