DVDdonkey.comParty of five dvd box set

T

I ordered party of five box set from these rip off merchants. They have taken £90 from my account but have not sent confirmation of my order or replied to the numerous e mails i've sent. I am now trying to recoup the money from my bank and have had to change my account details because of this. Please be aware that this website is not to be trusted, i only wish i had read up on this website before ordering from them.

• Im
    im pissed Jan 22, 2009

same thing happened to me :(

• Da
    Dave Aug 25, 2008

I ordered a large set of dvd, s I did get them after a long long long time them and have had many many frozen or don't even play on any player. I have tried to contact this company many times but no use, they will not respond. I seems this place is in Canada and the machine they use to burn there dvd's is... JUNK... Don't order from this company...

• Valerie Aug 25, 2008

(Product Name: Early Edition DVD series) I ordered an Early Edition DVD series set for my parents Christmas gift, and I had placed the order on Nov 25th thinking I would get the item in time for Christmas. Still haven't received it or the tracking number I was supposed to get sent via email when they would ship out the DVDs. When calling the company you get no answer from anyone, only a message saying you must leave a message because the customer service line is closed even during working hours they state while you are waiting on hold. When trying to email them online through the website, the email form conviently doesn't work and if you try emailing them other ways, no one responds. After searching the internet, a website called customercomplaints.com has many people who have been scammed out of at least a hundred dollars each, and each with the same results. IF you could help shut these people down and return everyone's money that would be great!

Marcia Holman Jun 13, 2008

These people are in Canada. How do you make contact other than the internet. Their Customer service number is bogest and I can't find an address for them. My husband and I have an internet business and we had to supply a real address with a phone number. We had an order that did not reach our customer and they were able to contact us by phone and mail. We returned their money and we found the order and made contact to see if the customer still wanted the product, which they did. It's not hard to be honest and helpful. I can't understand why some people do this. I received the Perry Mason video. They look as though the person went to sleep at the control. My 12yr old grandson makes great copies of programs for me. From now on I will check out a company before I use them. If they are not BBB I won't use them. Don't be fooled by a pretty package. That goes for the two legged ones too.

Marcia Holman Jun 13, 2008

I ordered the Dick Van [censored] tv series on 9/20/2007 along with the Perry Mason videos. To this date I have not received my order for Dick Van [censored]. This company charged my credit card $183.00. I received the Perry Mason videos. They were of the poorest quility. To date I have not received Dick Van [censored]. I called thier customer service number which was a recording telling me to call back at a later time. Each time I would call, at different times of the day and different days of the week I would get the same message. I have emailed them. I was getting responses to my email telling me that my videos are on back order. That happened about 2 times. The 3rd time they offered me a refund. I email them to ask, this was in April 2008, if the order might be here by the 27th of April. If not then I wanted a refund. From that point on I never got a response to any of my emails to them. This company is a rip off. The Perry Mason videos were a bust. The poorest quality. Commercial all through the show, dead air, repeat episodes. Some dvd didn't have anything on them or wouldn't play. Stay away from DVDDonkey they are frauds and thiefs. I want my money back.

• Da
    david raistrick Jun 12, 2008

They have'nt won yet im taking this to court, if i succeed i shall post details of how to claim back your monies from dvd donke, and if u succeed dont for get to sue them for emotional distress, phone calls, other charge's (internet) etc .and most of all the heartache they have caused you.

• Kr
    Kristel Jun 08, 2008

I was scammed by this site. I ordered Everwood in December 2007 and haven't received anything from them. They told me they refunded my money, but that because of a computer glitch it wouldn't show up on my statement. They didn't refund me. Anyhow, buyers beware -- DO NOT order from this site. I wish I knew the next step to do something about this issue.

nicola Jun 05, 2008

i live in the uk, but ordered complete collection of little house on the prairie from dvddonkey, they took payment and unlike others i did recieve my order on 12.12.07, but the discs were copies and poor quality, i 1st noticed some episodes were missing on discs, i sent an email and they replied and appologised, and told me to check every one, and they would be replaced. so i checked, only 5 discs out of 54 were problem free, mainly picture and sound jumping so you dont hear complete sentences. i sent email and told them, they said i could have replacement or money back, i had faith so said replacement, that was 17.02.08, i have heard nothing else from them since, even though i have sent emails saying i want money back they just IGNORE me.

• Ca
    Cath Ortlieb May 24, 2008

I too have fallen victim to these deceitful people and will complain to both my and the US governments. Is there anyway we can distribute warnings more widely!!

• Pa
    Patricia Fagan May 10, 2008

On Janueary 7, 2008 I ordered The Series of Jag for $174.92 at this time I also paid for the item. I got one e-mail that said it had been back ordered and that is the last time I heard from them. I have repeatly called that number and it says call back at another time. I want to cancel this order and get my money back but there is no response. I have also e-mailed them many times. Thank you and please help me. Pat

• Pe
    Penny George May 10, 2008

In November 2007 I placed an order with DVD Donkey . com. I only received half of my order. I kept e-mailing the company and they kept saying my order was on back order. Then about a month ago they e-mailed me and said they were shipping the rest of my order and they were going to charge my credit card when the order was sent. I e-mailed them back and informed them that they had already charged my credit card for the product I never received. So I asked them to refund my money because it is obvious that they have no intention of sending the rest of my order and I haven't heard from them since.

sarah Apr 29, 2008

Please help me!! I bought i DVD series for my mum from the website using her credit card. I have recieved no reply from them, i cant contact them.I am so scared that my mothers credit card is going to be charged, i dont think it has yet. What should I do? who should i contact? who do I report to? how do I make sure they dont charge her credit card?

Please i would be so grateful for some feedback.

NCE Apr 12, 2008

What a scam. Ordered a DVD package as a Christmas gift for my mom & received nothing. Lost $100 which I could not afford. Buyer Beware

Ann Serianni Apr 11, 2008

I placed an order with DVDDonkey on 12/24/07. They immediately debited my account $95.00. I was receiving e-mails from them on a regular basis stating that my order was still a "back order" and if I wanted to cancel my order and receive a refund, to e-mail them. I did request my order be canceled and my money be refunded but received no response. I contacted them numerous times by e-mail and phone with no response. Today I tried to call them again and the number is not active. I kept receiving e-mails from a Canada post saying that my order was shipped and received by me. To this date, I have not received my order. It has been almost 4 months! I guess I too am a victim of their scam.

• Pe
    Petru Branea Apr 06, 2008

They are ordinary thieves. Really I don't understand they still exist!

• He
    Henry Carnevale Mar 19, 2008

Good Morning,

Is there any help out there for me? Is the US POSTAL SERVICE any help?

This is what I have been dealing with, is anything being done about this rip off scam?
    I have been taken for $ 95.32. Below is what I have written, and the responses I have received from, www.dvddonkey.com.
    Do you know where the company is located/Info?

This is what I just sent this morning. 3/19/08

GOOD MORNING RIP OFF COMPANY
    You have not answered my emails, and you never answer your phones, Now when calling your phone number, is says your phone if temporary out of order.
    This is getting to look more and more like a rip off. SINCE NOVERBER of 2007, give me a break. Sending me 7 emails telling me that the item is on back order since November. Sent me an email telling me my money has been refunded, JOKE! Telling me that my emails have been sent to management. What a joke!!! I guess the joke is on me.
    It is people like YOU, is why people like me get ripped off and not wanting to trust online dealings any more.
    Now I know why Your Company represents the Donkey, because your customers are [censored] for doing business with YOU!!!
    WHERE IS MY MONEY????
    I am now turning this over to the US POSTAL SERVICE. Fraud!!!
    Picking the forms today to start the process. You probably will not do anything today, and probably have rip off many other good people, and have stolen many millions of dollars. May be you have spent it all, but now I am looking forward to see you in prison!!!
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Sent 3/5/08

Dear Henry,

Ref. order ID no. 180827

We already forward your e-mail to the management for them to take appropriate action regarding your concerns.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely yours,

Belle G.
    Customer Support Team

Regarding

Sent 3/3/08

WHERE IS MY
    MONEY/REFUND??????????!!!

Below is what I received form you, and the order was made 11/07, and I still have not received my money!!!

Sent 2/28/08

hi
    I have just contacted my bank, and you have not refunded my $95.32.
    What do I have to do to get my money back?

Sent 2/22/08

Thanks for getting back to me, however I have not seen any return of $95.32 to my account.
    If you just recently return my money - on which date do you do this? Maybe you need to do the return again?

SENT 2/17/08

Dear Henry,

Unfortunately your order has been refunded due to the fact it was out of stock for a longer then anticipated wait time. We do apologize for this inconvenience; however your item should be back in stock very shortly. If you would still like to receive this item simply click on the link below and place another order. We will only charge you once the item comes in stock and is ready to be shipped in the following days. We would now like to take the time to thank you once again for your understanding and patience with this matter.

www.tvaddicts.tv

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further question and comment at Toll Free 1-877-7TV-SHOW, you can e-mail us at [email protected] or click and chat with our Live Support Service Agent on-line.

Sincerely,

Luz E
    Customer Support Team

Regarding

Sent 2/9/08

SO, WHEN WILL I RECIEVE MY ORDER?????????????????
    I HAVE TRIED TO CALL MANY DIFFERENT TIMES, AND THERE IS NO ONE THERE OR YOUR LINE IS OUT OF ORDER!!!
    WHAT IS A PERSON TO DO WHEN THEY FEEL THEY JUST GOT RIPPED OFF!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ANSWER FOR ME, THEN JUST REFUND MY MONEY??!!!
    THE ORDER WAS MADE IN NOVEMBER 2007!!!

HENRY

I sent this above email out 2/9/08 and have not received an answer. NOW JUST REFUND MY MONEY!!!
    HENRY
    IF I DON'T GET AN ANSWER FROM THIS EMAIL, I WILL TURN THIS MATTER OVER TO THE US POSTAL SERVICE - TO GET AN ANSWER!!!

Order #: 180827
    Price:
    USD$ 95.32

SENT 12/27/07, 12/27/08, 1/10/08, 1/13/08, 1/16/08, 1/19/08, 1/23/08
    Dear henry,
    Your order is currently in back order, it is our top priority to ship it to you as fast as possible. We will keep you updated on the status of your order, however, if you do not wish to wait any longer please click the link below in order to request a refund and cancel your order, you can also reply to this email or call our customer service line.
    Cancel and Refund My Order
    Order Info
    Order #: 180827
    Order Date: [protected]:33:19
    Products Backordered: Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts Collectors Edition 15 DVD Set,
    At DVDDonkey, we are comitted to providing our clients with the highest level of customer service.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or comments.
    Toll-Free - 1-877-7-TV-SHOW or email us at [email protected]

• Mu
    Mufassa Yasmar Mar 18, 2008

AVOID DVDSHOP.COM also DVDDONKEY.COM. I brought 10/dec/07 Get SMART DVD series ONLINE USD$132 a dvd collection whilst takng months to arrive & much complaining & threats from my end, finally set arrive ALL ITEMS recorded from a TV, sound outa sync & 6 outa 22 discs are WRONG SHOW or don't play. Substandard quality of goods & I am now in pursuit of refund via international VISA channels. AVOID DVD MONKEY & DVDSHOP.COM

• Br
    Brandon Unger Mar 16, 2008

Unfortunately, I ordered 5 sets of DVD's from DVDDonkey.com. I have bought and sold over 300 items online over 10 years and NEVER had a problem. At this point, I am aware that I have been scammed and regret not doing a search of the company before making a purchase. I have reported DVD... to the following investigative organizations and agencies:

The National Consumer Complaint Center
    The Better Business Bureau
    CyberCops
    The National Consumers League
    The National Fraud Information Center

I have confirmed that the owner of DVDDonkey/TVaddicts is:
    Michmen, Jim [email protected] 1
    2021 SW 174th Street Miami, FL [protected]
    US +1.[protected]

The organization name is actually:
    Prolexic Technologies
    1930 Harrison Street
    Hollywood, FL 33020

The DNS server is NS1.PROLEXIC.NET and their IP Address is: 72.52.6.89. If others can assist in further tracking the origins of the company, please let me know. I am planning to file small claims in Dade County. Their internet server is Tucows in Canada. I have reported concerns to them as well.

In 37 years, this is the first time that I have been ripped off and I am furious. I intend to use significant time and energy to pursue this costly matter. Thank you for the assistance of other victims.

Mary J. Maher Mar 12, 2008

My order #165794 was placed 11/23/07 and arrived 12/23/07 - missing disc #13 of 14 of the China Beach television series. I contacted DVD Donkey and several days later received an email stating that I should expect a new set. Never having received it, I again contacted you - to no avail. I consider $ 80 a fair price to pay for a gift, only to be embarrassed when it is not complete. Can anyone help and/or advise as to the next step?

• Me
    Merl Mar 11, 2008

Sounded to good to be true so last November instead of ordering near $500 worth of product from them I instead did some investigative work and discovered they were LIARS!!! Thank God I listened to that small voice. It's truly a shame to cheat hard working people especially around Christmas time. One post stated that this ### was brought down. I truly hope so. I hope they shoot them right between the eyes (I really mean it!). Just remember if something sounds to good to be true it usually isn't. Always double-check before ordering anything from the internet. Amazon.com and Ebay are great!

• Hi
    HIBUKI Mar 11, 2008

I orderd DVDs in Decemeber, nothing has been shipped yet.

• Je
    Jeanne M. Brodeur Mar 09, 2008

Ordered All in the Family tv dvd series on Dec. 17, 2007. My account was charged $185.92 two days later even though the confirmed e-mail received stated that the total would be $178.78. To date I have not received the item. One of many requests to cancel my order and credit my account, I received an e-mail from yet another company stating that my account would be charged after the order was shipped and that I had not yet been charged. I then canceled my credit card so I would not again be charged. The e-mail address listed for dvddonkey.com is not valid nor is the phone number. Other e-mails received came from tvaddicts.tv, TVDVDWorld.tv, DVD store. Please help me stop these people from scamming others and put them behind bars. What is another name for donkey? That is how they made me feel? Thank you. Another DVDDonkeyVictim!

mary Mar 03, 2008

i bought dvds from them back in dec07 and never recieved them i got hold off them to cancel my order and was told i will get my money back in 5 to 7 days which iam still waiting for iam only on short money and i can not afford to loose that kind off money either

nicole lara Feb 27, 2008

I had order a dvd tv series set for a customer of mind in december and we still have not recieved the order then they send me emails saying that the order is on back order the recent email said that the should recieve the order in 5-7 buiness days and that they will send it immidiately when they recieve it still have not recieved it.
    Tried to call them and the phone number that i have is temporarily out of service try again later. What do i do to resolve this... did anyone get there money back?

Sarah Feb 27, 2008

This company is a complete fraud. They get you to order dvds, charge your credit card, and then you never receive your product. I ordered dvds from them and never got them. I called the number to let them know i wanted a refund and the woman who answered just tried to convince me I would get my merchandise the next week. When I proceeded to tell her I just wanted my money back she said fine and hung up on me. I received an email informing me I would get my money back but it has been two months since then and have not received my money back. I have tried to call back but the number no longer works.

Charlene Feb 23, 2008

I have experienced the same thing... ordered items, my credit card was billed and I never received items. I have contacted my credit card company, but I am stunned to see all these complaints and this company still is allowed to have a Web site!

Donna Feb 21, 2008

Wish I had found this sight sooner. Everyone says the same thing I went through. Warning to everyone. Don''t order from this outfit!!!

Donna Feb 21, 2008

Wish I had found this site sooner. Everyone says the same thing I went through. Warning to everyone. Don''t order from this outfit!!!

• St
    Steven Janasik Feb 21, 2008

This Complaint Board does not post all complaints about dvddonkey.com for some reason. I know this because they have not posted my complaint.

I suspect there are a great many more complaints about this outfit than are allowed to be posted here.

• St
    Steven Janasik Feb 21, 2008

This is an overseas criminal organization (probably located somewhere in East Asia) that, once they have your basic information, will pursue any possibility of further theft. They are extremely computer savvy, intelligent, & have done their homework, & are well aware of the inner workings of American society, & our country's financial technicalities for individuals. Likely, there is someone who lives here in the US who is coaching them on how much they can get away with without drawing police attention to them.

Personally, I ordered 2 sets of DVDs from them over 2 months ago & they have sent nothing & now, expect nothing.

Today, I received a phone call from them whereas they pretended to be a rep from Social Security & wanted certain financial information from me (obviously so they could access my bank account electronically.)

For those who have tried to do business with them, be very careful & alert. They will use elaborate techniques to obtain further info from you in order to pursue further theft from you.

nicole dawes Feb 19, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

I Ricky and Nicole Dawes is very piss off with this company DVDDonkey TV/TV Addicts at this moment.
    I purchase the Bionic Six the Complete Animated Series on DVD CD and my order number is 190846 on 12/24/2007 for 165.92.
    I only recieve seven DVD CD in stead of eight DVD CD. The packages came on 1/18/08 but there is a problem with the Bionic Six DVD CD at this time.
    There is only five DVD CD with the Bionic Six and the other two is call Gatchaman Series that I didn't order.
    So I am missing three Bionic Six DVD CD at this moment.
    I ask for my money back and that didn't happen. I email this company three time. I call this company four time with no resolve. I purchase the Bionic Six on 12/24/07 and it is now going on the month of march. I want all my money refund back on my credit card the whole 165.92 dollars and you paid for the shipping of your false crooked product from my home to your company.

nc Feb 18, 2008

I ordered a 12-dvd set (hawaii five-o) from dvddonkey.com on 12/10/07 and as of 02/18/08 still have not received my order. Their toll free # (1-877-7-tv-show) is ALWAYS ''temporarily unavailable". I have e-mailed the company several times and have received a vague e-mail about the order already shipped out (the tracking # provided by the company was not found by Canada Post office). several recent e-mails have gone unanswered, and I have notified my bank of intent to dispute this purchase. I am also willing to follow-up with The canada post office, FTC (federal Trade Commission) and other agencies necessary to investigate this company and receive a full refund (or the dvd's ordered) from them.

nc Feb 18, 2008

• Be
    Beverly Aced Feb 18, 2008

I also order the whole 9 seasons of Columbo and the same thing has happened to me that I am reading about in the complaints. Exactly the same with one exception. I believe this company is in another country because I was charged a 1 dollar foreign transaction fee boy my bank which tells me it is not in the US. They go by DVD Donkey, DVD avenue, DVD TV Addicts, And on my bank statement that my bank gave me it said DVD Box, also with a phone number that did not work along with the rest. So I a sure they are using many other names. I hope they get them and put them away for good. Thank You.

• He
    Heath Geddes Feb 17, 2008

I too have ordered a set of dvd''s from this so called dvd donkey & yes I haven't recieved anything as yet & has been over 2 months ,they are quick to email you & say they are on back order and should be there soon, likely story. Now shouldn't someone out there with the authority be able to close this scam down ? Has anyone ever recieved what they have ordered off these clowns ,where are the people who are meant to look after consumers and with the technology we have these days be able to block anyone from letting these clowns even getting our credit card numbers

• Ti
    tina Feb 16, 2008

I ordered a number of TV series from overseas to pick them up during my vacation in the states. Two thirds of the order did not arrive weeks beyond the promised delivery date. I left the country without them. All phone calls and e-mails were not replied to. I have received one of the series and am still waiting for the other. Again, no response to my e-mails and phone calls. The DVD's I did receive are damaged.

This is truly a scam and consumers need to be warned.

Joseph K. Kabiru Feb 13, 2008

I ALSO PAID THE ### $116.46 FOR XMAS GIFT SET OF SANFORD & SON FOR MY 75YR OLD DAD BACK IN NOV '07 THAT HAS NEVER REACHED - I AM SO FUMIMG MAD I COULD COMMIT ANA SSAULT CRIME AND GLADLLY DO JAIL TIME IN AFRICA OR SOUTH AMERICA FOR IT!

• Sh
    Sharon Backstrom Feb 13, 2008

On 12-14-07 I ordered a complete 5 season dvd set of Miami Vice from DVDDonkey and recieved a confirmation saying that my purchase would arrive in 12 to 14 business days. My checking account was debited 127.00 and the item did not arrive for 30 days. The 1st 2 dvd's of the set were ok, but the rest were very bad copies, or dvd's of other tv shows that were not even copied over. I tried unsuccessfully to reach this company, and had no luck. We were not only ripped off, we were scammed

Donald Ray Warner Jr. Feb 13, 2008

Ordered DVD Set-90210 on 12/08/07 for $118.99,
    Shipping------------------------------23.99,
    Total price charged------------$150.12.

12/27/07-- Received a order confirmation and processed report.

1/10/08 --- Received a backorder report.

1/18/08---- Received a shipping report with a bogus canadian tracking number.

2/13/08--- Received another backorder report saying my card hasn't been charged yet (was charged 12/8/07)!

• Mi
    Michelle S. Feb 12, 2008

On December 26th I ordered the complete G. I. Joe series from tvaddicts.com. I was told I would recieve a confirmation email within 48 hours, but never did. I contacted them regarding my purchase via "livechat' and was told it was on backorder and was asked if I would like a refund. They also sent me an email from dvddonkey stating that it was backordered. I really wanted the item, so I declined. After weeks had gone by I decided to contact them, again via "livechat." I was given a tracking number and a website to check (canadapost.ca) and was told my package was shipped 2-days before I contacted them. I tried several times to track the package, but no luck. I contacted them again and was told they were having problems with the system and a manager would contact me, which never happened. Now when I try and call its always an automated system and all you can do is leave a voicemail. Also, when I try the "livechat" all you can do is send an email and wait for a response, which never comes. I've never had this happen before and feel foolish that it has. How do I handle this and get my $108 back?