Complaints & Reviews

Resolved counterfeit cigarettes

DutyFreeDepot.com sells Counterfeit China-made cigarettes!

This company advertises as a "duty free shop" offering authentic international cigarette brands at bottom dollar prices. DON'T BE FOOLED! The cigarettes you will receive will be illegal counterfeits smuggled out of China. These fake cigarettes are illegal and extremely dangerous to your health. Scientists who have analyzed Chinese cigarette knockoffs have found elevated levels of toxic heavy metals like arsenic, cadmium and lead, as well as human feces, saw dust, mold, insect eggs and rat droppings. These crooks operate out of Israel and are therefore beyond the reach of any international law enforcement agency.

I received 2 cartons of Marlbo Reds from these unscrupulous crooks that were sold as "made in Switzerland" and "made in Philippines" but whose appearance was identical to several photos of counterfeit cigarettes posted on the websites of Chinese cigarette counterfeiters like Liwong.com. Not only that, but the labeling on both the carton and individual cigarette packs showed OBVIOUS pixelation, which demonstrates that were, in fact, printed using a scanned computer image. It goes without saying that the official manufacturers do NOT do this!

I later realized after doing some research that ALL of the products they sell are indeed COUNTERFEIT. The quality of the reproduced cigarettes varies according to brand, but NONE of them are authentic! See for yourselves! Check out Liwong.com and compare them to the photos on their sites. Don't make the fatal mistake of believing these Israeli gangsters when they tell you that they only stock authentic products. It is an unequivocal LIE!

I have been defrauded to the tune of nearly $2000 dollars by this company! And the entire time they have exposed me to the toxic cocktail of chemicals and compounds present in their illegal Chinese cigarettes manufactured in underground complexes, with absolutely no concern or compunction for the health and welfare of those who end up unwittingly inhaling these lead and feces-laced Chinese toxic waste dumps masquerading as factory fresh European cigarettes.

And I have been devastated by the discovery!

If you buy anything from this company you are simply promoting poison cigarettes and international gangsterism.

counterfeit cigarettes

• Sl
    slimjim611 Jun 28, 2011

DutyFreeDepot.com sells Counterfeit China-made cigarettes!

And I have been devastated by the discovery!

angelk Sep 05, 2011

I am not sure what to believe now cause to me the cigarettes taste better then our own and I don't have a cough like I did with our cigarettes how do you explain that ? Who tested them for you and where can I have them tested ?

• Sl
    slimjim12121 Sep 10, 2011

Hi,

Please see the thread I started here on this topic:

• To
    Tony Saar Dec 26, 2011

Dear SlimJim...

That only goes to show that you have no idea of what you are talking about.

The cigarettes are not MADE in CHINA but rather sold from their International Airport Duty Free Shop...

The cigarettes' country of origin differs according to brand but never eastern European countries.

FYI, had we sold cigarettes from those regions, our license would be disbarred.

Consider yourself educated.

Anthony Saar

Resolved refund

I am so-done-w/this on line crap!! I too- ordered 1 carton of newport cigarettes & never received anything...

scam

A few days ago i decided to order some cigarettes from Duty Free Depot.I went on their website to make the order, but the link to the list of choice and price was not available for some reason.So, I decided to give them a call so they can help me with my choice.Everything went smoothly.I was even promised that I will get 20% discount of the final price which was somewhere around $145 (full price was $190).I gave them my cr.card number to finish the transaction and that was it.So, on the next day I was waiting for an e-mail confirmation for my order.I logged in into my account to see the progress and there was a message waiting for me saying that a transaction is pending to be completed - my current order.Apparently something had gone wrong with the numbers I gave them.Then I took a closer look to the details about my future payment and there was no discount.They just didn't give me one.That really set me off.Without a second thought i canceled the whole thing off.And on the next day i immediately was contacted by phone from someone from the sales department saying that the transaction didn't go trough.I told them that I canceled the whole thing, but they went furious that they didn't get my money so they locked up my account with a message (Dear Mr.
You are also welcome to contact our billing department at +[protected] to resolve this issue. To cover the charge by using a void check, please address [protected]@dutyfreedepot.com and attach a copy of your Driver's license to the message).and now I can not do anything like shopping or even look into my previous orders until i "resolve that issue".I think as a rightful customer I have the right to do whatever I want with my order, even cancellation.Nice customer appreciation.I think we should send the Feds to lock them up forever and shut down the whole operation.

• To
    tom wilkinson Feb 23, 2010

"DO NOT ORDER FROM" Duty Free Depot Is a freakin scam!! phony order numbers that the USPS has no idea of. Takes the money with return no contact info on the web site, Man this dude needs some FEDERAL time where the fellas can get at him!

GIll UK Jul 03, 2010

I have ordered 400 Embassy No1 from these shysters and guess what they have been seized. Despite me paying extra tax on their website to comply with duty free laws in UK.

I have now received a very suspect looking letter from the UK border agency. YEAH RIGHT!!!

CON MERCHANTS DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

I paid $182-00 including extra duty tax for 400 Cigs these were not cheap and you still ripped me off.

notacomplaint Apr 12, 2011

ok i have ordered with them 3x so far and when i was missing some cartons they were prompt to re-send them to me. this place is not a scam and they are a pleasure to deal with. u guys who are complaining are giving a phony telephone number. probably cuz u are another place that sells smokes and are jealous that this company duty free depot is reliable and honest.

• Bl
    Blake Baumgardner Dec 05, 2011

I also disagree. I ordered six cartons of Dunhill cigarettes from Duty Free Depot in October of 2011 and again in December and they arrived within 12 days, all packed and shipped in one box (I selected the express shipping option, a $30 additional charge). I received order confirmation e-mails right after placing my order and also a telephone confirmation both times. You should be aware that this is an overseas operation and orders are processed in Israel. Also, American brand cigarettes you're used to in the US are slightly different. I would suggest opting for the express shipping option, as I think this reduces the cigarettes being seized by customs. Remember, you're evading taxes by ordering cigs offshore, so there's always a risk of seizure by customs! I've had no problems with Duty Free Depot and will continue to order.

Jaine II Dec 29, 2011

I ordered from these assbites over a month ago. My order was canceled by the guy who took the order twice and now Im on a third order number. I see no hope in getting anything from them as well one of the phone numbers I used is now disconnected. I HAVE NO HOPE IN GETTING MY ORDER!!!

• Lu
    Lumi13 May 20, 2015

duty free depot has a lot of complaints. So it is a fraud!
    Thanks everybody for your posts. It helps.

Resolved counterfeit cigarettes

If you think your getting a good deal on cigarettes, think again. They ship from ISRAEL. If you never got...

nogood no refund after 4 mths more

i sent payment for hand rolling bacci it hasnt been seized they have not posted it and iv email and email 30 times in one day still no refund they have stopped replying how can we stop website like this and others like it from taking peoples good money --- On Tue, 9/3/10, Jane A (Dutyfree) <[protected]@dutyfreedepot.com> wrote:

From: Jane A (Dutyfree) <[protected]@dutyfreedepot.com>
Subject: Order #115796
To: "chanda2004 brundle" <[protected]@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 9 March, 2010, 11:58

and now they have closed down emails and blocking me more information on the subject, please read our FAQ’s: http://www.dutyfreedepot.com/Support.aspx#13

I need the customs' notices in order to make any kind of solution happen faster- either that or we need to wait until the items return to our warehouse.

Product Quantity Barcod Shipping date Status

Drum Halfzware Blue Tobacco 5 x 50gr. With Paper 2 RY900151098IL 2/8/2010 4:56:21 PM Post

Drum Halfzware Blue Tobacco 5 x 50gr. With Paper 2 RY900152328IL 2/10/2010 3:36:08 PM Post

• Ad
    adrian999 Jul 09, 2010

Do not buy from dutyfreedepot.com, a duty free store located in Israel. They gave my number to telemarketers, ever since purchasing from them I have been called relentlessly by offshore companies selling prescription meds.

• Fi
    firasasali Aug 15, 2010

how do you know they gave away your information

no refund

I placed an order in December 2009 for 6 cartons of cigarettes, which I was advised would be sent in seperate cartons. I received the first one, no problem within about 2 weeks. Then the problems started... I then received 5 customs seizure notices over the next couple of weeks regarding the remaining 5 cartons. I emailed copies of all these to Duty Free Depot and they said they would look into it. I was also advised that until the goods are received back to their warehouse, they could not issue a refund and that this could take anything from 2 - 6 months. I have continually been chasing them by email, to be told that they have referred it the appropriate department. It is now 16th June and I still have not received any refund, which is approximately £200. I am now going to be writing to the complaints people!!!

christophe33 Aug 16, 2014

DUTYFREEDEPOT
    I VE BOUGHT 6 DUNHILL CARTONS NEVER RECEIVED, THEY MUST PROCEED TO REFUND BUT THEY DO NOTHING. I THINK TO DEPOSIT AN COMPLAINT

no goods - fraud

Website said that these were duty free to ireland - no no no Cigarettes were confiscated by customs. No...

Resolved not

This Wisconsin resident posts favorable comments here because I ordered AFTER reading compaints on this message board and taking a chance on Duty Free Depot anyway. And they came through. $28 for a carton of Silk Cut Purples...feels like Christmas.

The order no is 138534 for any company fraudsters who like to reply to this.

Resolved no goods received and no refund

DO NOT order from this company. If your goods are stopped by customs, THEY WILL NOT REFUND YOU unless the goods are returned to them. In most instances customs destroy all goods seized.

They take no gamble, and will not refund you.

Get on to your card company and get a charge back.

Most online duty free suppliers will ensure you get your product unlike this bunch who will just scam you!

Also have a think. There are those posting they have had no problems. Why the hell would someone hunt the internet for a complaint site IF THEY WERE SATISFIED? Easy, because they are probably the very scammers relieving you of your hard earned cash!

there are numerous online suppliers, use another, this lot are useless and will happily take your money for NOTHING in return!

Marie Shanahan Jan 15, 2013

Thanks for your review. I am awaiting a shipment of two cartons from duty free depot, and I know that they seem nice and I want to believe them, but I am already getting red flags regarding shipments, etc. You had mentioned other retailers who are reputable. My whole soul is my this question: ;)

WHO ARE THESE RETAILERS?! :) They all look the same to me. You seem like an intelligent fellow, could you recommend a decent online tobacco retailer?

Awaiting a response with real interest,

Marie Shanahan
    Massachusetts

Resolved cigs β€” not a complaint

I read this forum before ordering and placed my order with a healthy degree of scepticism. Today, 15 day...

Resolved paid them, and got nothing not even a refund!

I placed an order for 1 carton of cigerettes with duty free depot over two months ago and still have recieved nothing from them. Before placing the order I E-mailed them asking how long will it take to recieve the item etc. which I got replys for (from "jane") almost imediately givng me answers to all my questions and also giving me advice on how to place the order, making it seem like it's all lagit. Weeks went by and still I got nothing, so I E-mailed "jane" telling her/him this and was advised to wait 21 working days, so I did. After waiting the amount of time I was advised by duty free depot and still recieved nothing I asked for a refund as I paid for nothing and only after I asked for a refund was I told by "jane" that customs may have seized the item so therefore I need to wait longer. Before placing the order, customs was never mentioned, had I been given the facts by them I wouldn't have placed the order. Duty free depot will not give me a refund and are now ignoring my E-mails. They are nothing but a scam, and this "saar" person, more like greedy animal, is talking rubbish. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! Any positive comments posted are done by them. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY IT! I assure you, 100% guaranteed you will NEVER recieve your order which you pay for.

• Su
    Sungleska Feb 26, 2011

I placed an order with dutyfreedepot before reading any of these complaints. I received all 10 cartons as promised in two separate orders within the 21 day period. No, I am not from their company. I do feel they might be having difficulties and I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I have had follow up phone calls and a call that was enlightening me about a sale they were running on my brand of cigs. I have not experienced any problems as of yet. Sorry for all those who have .
    Unfortunately I placed a second order for 4 more cartons and I am hoping that they will come, after reading all the negative comments.

• Mu
    mummycd1 Jul 20, 2012

I was going to order from this website but luck has it my battery ran out on my laptop. so i thought i would order the next day. but at 1.00am, yes 1.00am i got a phone call urging me to make payment. i was informed by sanja if i gave her my credit card details she would put order through for me. i put the phone down but since then i get 15/20 calls a day and at least 2/3 emails. I. will not be ordering from them and certainly not giving my card details. After reading the comments left important glad my battery died.

Resolved my orders

I too am a victim of this so called company!
They're supposed to sell cheap cigarettes.
Actually, I don't believe they have a cigarette in the place and just sit there banking our money!
Try as you might, you get nothing but lies, lies, and more lies about your order being sent to you.
In short - They are a load of thieves!
DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THESE THIEVES.
SURELY SOMEONE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THEM?

GRAHAM F CUTLER

VERY POOR UK RESIDENT.

Resolved not received order, no response

I placed my order in the middle of October last year for 3 items. I received 1 item after about a month and then nothing up until now. I sent an email on Dec 5th regarding
the other parts of my order and they didn't respond until Dec 25th!! They offered no explanation or reason for my order being missing and just said "your order has been shipped", the same message as was sent for the original order. It's been more than 30 "business days" since I received that message and I still haven't received the remaining parts of my order.

I have a strong suspicion that the company uses an old tactic. They deliver everything perfectly and treat the customer well in the beginning, when the orders are small (My first order was only 1 item I think), and then when they've gained the customer's trust and he orders multiple items with a higher price tag the company just fails to provide the product and doesn't respond to emails.

Another suspicious point, the price for my product changed both times I purchased it. I just checked a second ago and it has changed again, but lower this time. It's possible the system remembers you, assumes you think the price hasn't changed, and then charges a higher price than you just payed a month ago without you noticing.

Something else that's interesting, while it might be true that the packages have to be split for customs reasons, it also allows the company to collect the payment before you realize anything is wrong. So even if you do call your credit card company to report fraud/abuse/not receiving full order, the money has already been payed out and can't be withheld/retrieved from the company.

The website, email responses and the gentleman on this board all offer phone numbers to call (all of which are different) in case of a problem. Yet, I've attempted to call these numbers more than 10 different times and at differing times of the day and not once has anyone ever answered the phone! Many times an answering machine will pick up and the voice will be in a British accent but the number I called today had a message in Hebrew or Arabic!

I really do think this company is a scam but they try to trick you into trusting them and spending more before they decide to rip you off.

I hope I can get a response from this site because I sure haven't got one by emailing [protected]@dutyfreedepot.com. Saar Levin, if you are reading this message please look up my order, 303184 from 10/17/09, and find my email address and then email me personally explaining what has happened to my order and when I will receive it. If this doesn't occur, I will start posting complaints on every website I can find to hurt your company's reputation. After that, additional, more unfriendly steps, will be taken as a response to being ripped off.

Scott J.

• Ta
    Tammy82 Jul 27, 2013

I order from them all the time, Sometimes my order gets sent back to the company, and I call them and tell them that i did`nt receive the order they ask me for my order number and the quanity and price, and they tell me that they will resend it and they always do So keep all the information I just gave you and perhaps that will solve the problems Thanks Tammy

Resolved no products no refund

I ordered 2 Carton of Camel filter on 1oth march 2009 (Order number: 68644 ). While orering the site mentioned that they will send 2 diffeent pack in post as each packet in post can only have 200 cigrattes and blah blah. Later on 26th March 2009 i received a letter from Royal mail with a Customs charge of £ 79.72, which alone was more than the cost of the cigrattes i have ordered.

I tried contacting DutyFree Depot and after innumerous tries was able to contact them and find that if i reject the parcel they will refund my money once the packet is received by them.

Now its 29th April and over a month since it happend and i have have still no refund. I tried calling them but it goes to voice mail and moreover i cant leave voice mail becuase he voicemail box is full. Sent a mail to billing and it bounced back. Now i am having s3erois concerns that the company is a scam and i have been ripped off my money.

In case i do not receive satisfactory response from your end i will be reporting this to the office of fair trade and also open a dispute with my credit card company who insure me against any fraud sales over internet.

I warn you guys of this company and stay away from them. Do not use your debit card as you are not insured for debit card purchases.

RESOLVED

Saar Levin Jun 14, 2009

A full refund was issued after the customer threatened with a charge back.
    Merchandise was sent. Tracking no. RY900023476IL.

The order no is 138534 for any company fraudsters who like to reply to this.

Resolved cigarrette order never arrived?

I placed an order more than 6 weeks ago and have not received NOTHING!! ABSOULUTLY.. NOTHING...
I sent an e-mail, no response and called their 24/7 support line but only a message asking for name and number to call back, so i've been worried that
the site is a SCAM.
wondering what i'm going to do, should i take legal action?
Please help give me an advice.

RESOLVED

Saar Levin Jun 14, 2009

Dear Tony,

Please send an e-mail directly to [email protected] with your order number.
    I, on behalf of DutyFreeDepot, will do all within my powers to assist and accomodate you on all issues. I do hope that after this matter is sorted, you will return and change your posting.

Thank you.

Program Manager

Resolved 2 months and still no product..?

I placed an order 2 months ago and... Yep.. Nothing!! Absoulutly.. Nothing... Im so mad, I ordered 2 carton...

Resolved online fraud

I placed an order for 6 cartons of cigarettes 2-26-07 with sales person Bruce, 6 weeks later I had not received the order and called Bruce and he assured me that the order would be sent out again. A month later he stated they were out of the brand I order but I could substitute, so again he said they would be sent out, another month went by and Bruce now said they could send the original ordered item, guess what nothing. the first week in June I left a message stating I wanted to place and order and received a call from another salesman and he assured me that the order would go out. It is is now July 15, 2007 and of course nothing.

Customer service never answer an email, and I have sent 25-30 of them. They are never reachable by phone, just a recording that states they are open Sunday-Thursday 12:00Am-8:00AM EST, but if you do call during those times, no one still answers and you are told not to leave a message.

Stay away from this site you will only loose your money and never see an order or refund.

Saar Levin Jan 06, 2009

Dear William,

I can certainly understand your frustration.

But, despite what you think and write about us, I can confirm to you that Dutyfreedepot is not a ripoff.
    We are bound by customs international laws and cannot deviate from that path otherwise we wouldn't
    be able to operate!

Dutyfreedepot did not operate in full last year for technical reasons that had to do with Customs relocation.

I believe that during this time, a few customers did not receive their goods
    and were ignored for the simple reason that even basic operations were placed on hold.

I urge you to contact me in person. We provide the most accomodating services and guarantee delivery
    to your doorstep as soon as possible.

You are welcome to call us toll free as well: 877-850-0707

My apologies if you were mistreated during our extensive move.

Thank you!

• Ba
    BarbaraCodella Jan 24, 2011

Dear Customer Service:

I also have a complaint - I placed an order for 10 cartons of Marlboro Lights back in August/September of 2010 with a person being trained - it turned out he double billed me & I still haven't received my credit - I have asked that instead of putting the money back into my account they just send me the 10 cartons of Marboro Lights - I have heard nothing except that it is being taken care of well it is now a new year & NOTHING

Sincerely,

Barbara A.Codella
    My telephone Numbers are as follow for a response
    631-753-2786
    516-455-9217

Nancy 909 Dec 13, 2011

After arguing for 3+ months and being a long time consumer. I finally won the battle! This is how Dutyfree decided to handle the situation regarding my complaint. I have forwarded my feelings to Michael and am sure Saar reads these complaints on a daily basis, although I will still forward my feelings to him also. Trust me, this is just the beginning as they should have just offered an apology or at least answered the telephone/emails for months now, yet they chose to ignore my plea to work with me. Order on your own judgement of how they treat their consumers who do not get what they paid for in advance? Good luck if you think they are reputable! If you are being harrassed day and night and all of a sudden they completely ignore you that is just the start of their scam. Don't say I didn't warn you. ;-) If I do hear from them again I will update my complaint.

Sincerely,
    Nancy
    Cc: [email protected]

Dear Nancy,
    Since you have disputed our charge, and we have no funds for your order which you have received part of, we have no choice but to block your account and put you on the black list. You will not be able to order from our site or any affiliated site. We tell all customers that if there is a problem on missing items, that we will reship them, or issue a refund. Your dispute is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.

From,

Customer Support

Nancy 909 Dec 15, 2011

Update: Have not heard a word from so called "Michael" or "Saar" regarding my email to them? What a surprise! No one should believe these people even exist. I did hear from Dutyfree whining about the money "they lost" by me disputing the obvious false charges they tried to get from me (which I proved) were just wrong so they are just trying to cover their butts and keep me from speaking out . I even offered to pay them for the partial order they sent me which I could have screwed them out of although that is not my nature of being an honest person!

Always save any and all correspondence with them as if there is ever any problem as they will downright lie to no end to get money they "think" they are entitled to? It is a shame that you have to pay in advance for your purchase that you may or may not receive that is where they get you every single time. If you go through Kliknpay as I did, and have all your correspondence and make sure you always save your order status from dutyfree, they can never get away with this scam. I am pretty sure, kliknpay will no longer will be an option for them as Klicnpay are the only ones that called them on their false charges as I had the proof of when they tried to lie.

Now with that said, I have moved on to my many other resources through media "investigative reporting" that will bring this scam down for for what it is!
    P.S. If I were to go on their site, they will be more that happy to offer me a purchase with a voided check and my account #? Are you kidding me? That will be the day. They do not like to be challanged by any means so this is the way they can screw you royally only if you let them do it and are dilligent in constantly saving everything.
    Will keep you all updated as to how this all unveils in the long run! This is actually fun for me to expose them so no other consumer will be taken advantage of and how this site will be exposed for what it is. There are other sites that will not scam you out of your hard earned money with deals and will work with you.

More to come in the future! :-)
    Nancy P

Dear Tina,

Why are you and dutyfree still trying to get me to order from your site when you have apparently "blacklisted" me and there is still an ongoing issue regarding your scam/answers that have not been addressed regarding your practices?

This is just beyond my compression!

Thank you in advance for your timely response.

Nancy
    Cc: [email protected] (Michael)
    [email protected] (Saar)

Nancy 909 Dec 15, 2011

After sending my last post, they still will not let it be! I had to respond.

Dear Tina,

Why are you and dutyfree still trying to get me to order from your site when you have apparently "blacklisted" me and there is still an ongoing issue/complaint regarding your scam/untruths regarding my complaint of your site not being honest with the consumer?

This is just beyond my compression.

Thank you in advance for your timely response.

Nancy Porter
    Cc: [email protected] (apparently Michael)
    [email protected] (apparently Saar)

Once again, Michael or Saar apparently will not address and ignore my inquiry in writing as they obviously have something to hide and I will continue to investigate with the utmost pleasure. ;-) They have had ample time to offer an apology which they chose not to do. I am not expecting one, however, if they do I will update my comment.

Resolved fraud and scam

Dear Mortimer, I can certainly understand your frustration. But, despite what you think and write about...