Having problems with Duty Free Depot?

Duty Free Depot reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 1, 2008. The latest review They processed my payment, have not sent product ordered was posted on Aug 11, 2020. The latest complaint awful was resolved on Feb 14, 2014. Duty Free Depot has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 58 reviews. Duty Free Depot has resolved 17 complaints.

Duty Free Depot Customer Service Contacts

Saint Louis, Missouri

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Duty Free Depot Customer Service. Initial Duty Free Depot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Duty Free Depot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Duty Free Depot. Discuss the issues you have had with Duty Free Depot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Duty Free Depot Complaints & Reviews

Duty Free Depotshipping takes almost a month, but if you plan accordingly,

you can save a lot of money and get a regular supply of cigarettes discreetly and inexpensively shipped to your personal address. I've placed 2 orders so far. The first order was delivered in 2 weeks! Part of the second order got lost or stuck in transit. Dfd corrected the problem and resent the missing cartons after I contacted them AFTER 28 days, which resulted in the whole order taking an additional 7 days to complete. Considering the money I saved by shopping with Dfd, this minor aggravation was worth the expense. Also, I received replies to my emails and spoke to live human beings, so I think some of the negative comments on the Web about Dfd are from their competitors. I will definitely order again soon. Thanks Dfd :)

Duty Free Depotscam artists they will block your account when asking for a refund of product that was never delivered

I've been ordering with them for a very long time and when my order never arrived I was on the phone and e-mailed their Support/Sales Departments I asked for a refund on that order because this wasn't the first time it happened. This was after their shipping methods changed in which they started Charging Customer's an outrageous amount and using USPS who we all know are also incompetent. So after my order never came I asked for a refund. Then I receive the message below

Here is the exact e-mail from DFD. Your request for a refund has been forwarded to our billing department and it was issued on 813.
    Unfortunately our VP cannot take time for these types of issues and so we are sorry as your account was refunded and your account is now closed.

Because you ask for a refund, they close your account and refuse to do business with you again unless you pay them $50.00 to reopen your account. Sounds like Extortion to me.

You have requested a refund back into your credit card/bank. Unfortunately, it is our policy that customers who are refunded will not be able to order with us or any affiliated company of ours again as refunds hurt our working relationship with our bank.
    As your account was refunded, you may not order with us again. You may however pay a $50 fee to reopen your account, that is the only way we will be able to proceed.

DutyFreeDepot.com — counterfeit cigarettes made in china

This company advertises as a "duty free shop" offering authentic international cigarette brands at bottom...

Duty Free Depotorder not received, bad customer service

Dutyfreedepot is terrible, don't deal with them. My order never came and the customer service I received was awful!

I placed an order May 19th for a carton as a gift for my mother. On checkout the website promised delivery in 7-10 business days. The package never arrived!

I emailed them in mid June to ask why I hadn't received it. They claimed it was lost in shipment, and they could ship me a new one. I called the next day to have them ship a new one, but they said they were out of stock. I asked them to order one from a different supplier, but they said no.

TL;DR I waited a month for an order that never arrived, and they offered no help to replace it.

• Ed
          Edmund Wozniak Apr 30, 2018

I place my order in 03/04/2018 for 2 carton PallMall The cigarettee never arrive

• Wine Is Good Jun 15, 2016

From their website:

What if I have ordered and still have not received the goods?
          Please allow up to a maximum of 35 business days for them to arrive. If they have not arrived in this time, please contact us either via e-mail or call us on [protected], and we will arrange for compensation on your order, depending on whether or not you insured your delivery. Please note that these times are from date of shipment.

Did you realize the DFD is located in Cyprus? Did you also know that anything you order from outside the United States is going to have to pass through customs before it gets delivered to you? Also, if you are trying to import tobacco or alcohol into the country from outside our borders, you must meet specific criteria to do so otherwise it will be confiscated at customs and there is nothing you can do about it.

When purchasing outside the US, it is up to you, the consumer, to know the import laws and restrictions. Any confiscations are on you, not your supplier.

BTW, Cyprus is in the Mediterranean.

DutyFreeDepot.comtracking no.

dutyfree has taken their payment then gave me a tracking no. that was 13 digits long and i was told to track on registered post in GB.
        royal mail informed me that no. was for israel and there no. was 14 digits when i asked dutyfree about this they said they knew and could not give me a proper tracking no. why did the give me any no. at all if they knew it was wrong. feel I have been scammed. My order was sent on 21st jan. so they say!!.
        no delivery to date.

DutyFreeDepot.comaugust delivery

I been going back and forth with their complaint department. Two orders were placed. One in aug and oct. I received oct delivery but not aug delivery. They for some reason keep refering to the tracking number for oct. The tracking numbers are ee006770885il and lx270327795il for aug. Never had an issue with before but since they hiked their shippings rates then now seem to have issues.

Duty Free Depotno refund

As I have explained many times: this is not a credit card. It is a debit card. Any refund from you should go directly into my checking account from which dfd had absolutley no problem removing these funds in july. Please stop telling me you have refunded to a credit card which it is not! I have checked yet again and there are no pending refunds from you on this card. The checking account shows no refunds with your descriptor. Please find out why I have not gotten this refund. It certainly has not been deposited to my checking account since the date of issue: 9/7/2015 at 1:42:06 this is turning into an endless circle of you say, I say. I can only assume dfd is a scam. Db from: [protected]@dutyfreedepot.com sent: november 9, 2015 3:13 am to: [protected]@hotmail.com subject: re: re: re: refund approval at dutyfreedepot.com dear diane baker, your refund has been issued on 9/7/2015 at 1:42:06 pm to your visa credit card ending with 5438. Please double-check it with your credit card company. If you have any questions or problems please let us know. Regards, dfd customer support. Toll free (Us) - [protected] check out our new contact us page available in your account. Simply log in and go to my account. www.dutyfreedepot.com I have no credit pending on this debit card and no credit with your descriptor to my checking account associated with this debit card. Initially, it took just a few days for dfd to take the money from my checking account on this order. Why is there a problem re-imbursing me? Db from: [protected]@dutyfreedepot.com sent: november 8, 2015 5:59 am to: [protected]@hotmail.com subject: re: re: refund approval at dutyfreedepot.com dear diane baker, your refund has been issued on 9/7/2015 at 1:42:06 pm to your visa credit card ending with 5438. Please double-check it with your credit card company. If you have any questions or problems please let us know. Regards, dfd customer support. Toll free (Us) - [protected] check out our new contact us page available in your account. Simply log in and go to my account. www.dutyfreedepot.com re: duty free depot order #727368 - refund it has been a month (Since this last email) and I still have no refund. Could you please update me on why it is taking so long? Db from: [protected]@dutyfreedepot.com sent: october 11, 2015 9:43 am to: [protected]@hotmail.com subject: refund approval at dutyfreedepot.com dear diane baker, your request for a refund has been forwarded to our billing department, it will be taken care of asap. Please note that it may take up to 15 business days between the time your refund is processed and the time it appears on your bank statement. Regards, dfd customer support toll free (Us) - [protected] check out our new contact us page available in your account. Simply log in and go to my account. www.dutyfreedepot.com I have confirmed with my bank that there has been no refund. Nor any refund pending. I checked my account 5 minutes ago and there has been no refund with your descriptor since the date you quoted that the refund was issued: 9/7/2015 at 1:42:06 pm. This needs to be resolved soon. Db date: wed, 7 oct 2015 15:48:52 +0200 from: [protected]@dutyfreedepot.com subject: re: re: duty free depot order #727368 - refund to: [protected]@hotmail.com dear diane baker, we have confirmed with our billing dept. That the refund has been issued to you directly. Please contact your bank and confirm with them that you received a credit for the stated amount with the same descriptor name that we charged you with. If you have any questions or problems please let us know. Regards, dfd customer support. Toll free (Us) - [protected] check out our new contact us page available in your account. Simply log in and go to my account. www.dutyfreedepot.com I have checked: this is a debit card (Not a credit card) and is directly linked to my checking account from which the money was originally withdrawn. Do you need a screen shot of the account activity to prove that I did not receive the refund? If so, I will need an email address to send it to. If dfd intends to send a cheque directly to me, it will have to be in canadian dollars as I do not have an american dollar account. Db date: sun, 4 oct 2015 12:46:17 +0200 from: [protected]@dutyfreedepot.com subject: re: re: duty free depot order #727368 - refund to: [protected]@hotmail.com dear diane baker, please make sure that you check the statement for the correct visa credit card (Ending with 5438). If you have any questions or problems please let us know. Regards, dfd customer support. Toll free (Us) - [protected] check out our new contact us page available in your account. Simply log in and go to my account. www.dutyfreedepot.com I have been in touch with my bank and they have checked that there is no pending refund. They also said that it should have only taken 3-5 business days for this to go through. The amount charged on my debit card on july 30th was cad223.32. I guess you will need to re-issue this refund because I have not received it. Db from: [protected]@hotmail.com to: [protected]@dutyfreedepot.com subject: re: duty free depot order #727368 - refund date: wed, 30 sep 2015 09:00:53 -0400 thanks for getting back... Can you give me the cad amount that was refunded... There is nothing to indicate that any refund was received in my account on or around that date, so a dollar amount would be useful to know. Thanks. Db date: wed, 30 sep 2015 04:19:11 -0700 from: [protected]@dutyfreedepot.com subject: re: re: duty free depot order #727368 - refund to: [protected]@hotmail.com dear diane baker, your refund has been issued on 9/7/2015 at 1:42:06 pm. Please double-check it with your bank. If you have any questions or problems please let us know. Regards, dfd customer support. Toll free (Us) - [protected] check out our new contact us page available in your account. Simply log in and go to my account. www.dutyfreedepot.com well, it's been 14 working days and I have still to be re-imbursed. Could you please find out what is happening? Db from: [protected]@dutyfreedepot.com to: [protected]@hotmail.com cc: subject: duty free depot order #727368 - refund date: mon, 7 sep 2015 13:41:43 +0300 dear diane baker, just wanted to give you a heads up that we've refunded your order. It may take up to 14 business days to show up in your account, but you'll probably see it before that. If you have any questions, we're always available. Email: [protected]@dutyfreedepot.com toll-free number: +[protected]. Thanks again, enjoy your order! www.dutyfreedepot.com

Duty Free Depotno refund

For over 3 months I have been in contact with the billing department at dfd. They say the refund was issued, but after 2 months, there is still no credit to my checking account. It took dfd no time at all (Maybe 2 days) to take the money out of my account for the original order, but it has been over 3 months and I still have no refund (Cad223).

Duty Free Depotvery poor business practices

I have actually been a customer of Dutyfree for nearly three years now, and had you asked me before I would have recommended them. Since June though I have not gotten a single order without a full scale fight, and the problem is Dutyfree (not the postal service). I have an order from July 8th that has never gotten here, though they keep making tracking numbers for packages that don't exist.

In the beginning of this issue I believed someone at the U.S port was stealing them, and theory Dutyfree was more than happy to run with I might add. The thing is I have had nine packages (not counting reshipped) which have "mysteriously" vanished after hitting the N.Y port. I got so upset I called the USPS office there to explain this mess and see if they could do something about it. A wonderfully helpful woman told me to have it reshipped and she would keep an eye out for that number. I was horrified to learn from her that while a tracking number had generated for the package, no package existed for them to put it to. Hence the reason it never moved beyond the port. Somehow they don't have the cigarettes to ship, but rather than admit this to their customers, they lie to us and blame someone else when they never sent out a package.

Now I go to call them again (10th time since August), and the phone number goes straight to an answering service. Anyone who thinks about buying from this company needs to beware. While in the past they have been a great company, something has drastically changed. Until they straighten out whatever is happening here, I will not be buying from them. Cigarettes may be expensive where I live, but this proved no cheaper for me as I'm now out $152.97, with no hope of seeing what I bought in this lifetime.

• Ha
                    harmony.mls Oct 12, 2015

I placed an order for over $300. They gave me nothing but excuses. My order number is 731124. I got the...shipping errors...holidays...urgent request to warehouse...they have got some great excuses...I never got anything from them...I am now just want to forget them. They are a real scam. They post a tracking number that never works on the UPS site...and after two of being listed as shipped it still cannot be tracked...They are a scam. Here are some of the E-mail traffic...Customer Question start on :9/11/2015 10:48:07 PM

Still waiting a valid tracking number for my over do delivery... I really hope your company can get it together soon. The current shipping number for tracking is still not in the UPS system. number given is EE004099195IL. It has been nearly a month and I still do not even have the items in the mail. This is totally unsatisfactory. Yours, Grady
                    Support Date answer : 20/09/2015 14:11:31
                    Dear Grady,

Thank you for your response.
                    We apologize as there was a slight delay in your reshipment.
                    We have sent an urgent message to our warehouse and your order will soon be in the US. here is an other one...
                    close.

Customer Question start on :10/3/2015 1:14:30 AM

Sirs, My order, listed as having been shipped...EE004138954IL 9/24/2015 12:00:00 AM Sent does not have any record with UPS and can't be tracked. Your previous messages state that it should have arrived eight days after shipping. Needless to say it has not arrived and I have doubts as to it having been shipped. Could you either ship my order and provide a valid shipping number which can be track or just give me a refund. I am losing too many sales waiting on your glacial response time. Yours, Grady
                    Support Date answer : 07/10/2015 10:00:08

Dear Grady,
                    Thank you for your response.
                    We are very sorry as it is the holidays season in our location which has created a delay in shipments, however your items will soon have some tracking information.
                    We thank you for your cooperation.
                    Regards,
                    DFD Customer Support
                    ...they really are not worth the effort and they will rip you off.

Duty Free Depotweird case

Back on 3/29 I ordered 9 cigarettes packages for usd 147.37 which eventhough sent under separate mailings never reached me! Complaint was not handled till I got a 9400 points credit from them (About usd90) permitting me to reorder 3 packages which now arrived! Considering the insurance I took it has cost me roughly usd160 to get 3 packages, definetely not a cheap deal, also bearing in mind I just waited on original sendings and did no wrongdoing as to see my usd 147 loweerd to about 90! How can you help please???

Duty Free Depot — seized tobacco

I have just received a letter from border force langley telling me my 500g of tobacco have been seized I gave...

Grimsby

DutyFreeDepotfraud / scam

order:687748 placed on March 26 / 2015 - This company is fake and I had few of my friends ordering from this place by mistake, I've learnt it after placing order with them myself! What a big mistake!!! They took money from my credit card straight away, without any delay! After 21 days had no delivery, nothing!

Tried to contact them with no success for over 7 days, left a feedback on a different website and they called me within an hour or me leaving feedback! I've been told by their representative that I will receive full refund within 5 working days, been 3 weeks since, not a penny!!! I'm also filing police report for online fraud / scam. This business must be stopped and responsible people must be prosecuted! Police already had many complaints about this and they gathering evidence for further prosecution, so help police and let's stop these scam artists / fraudsters!

I WANT MY REFUND NOW!!!

Duty Free Depot — no response/no delivery/cannot track order

I placed an order on 4/24 and tried to follow up this week in several ways, all of which escalated my...

DUTY FREE DEPOTMISSING ITEMS

ON ORDER # 645221 DEC. OF 2014 MISSING 3-CARTONS TRACKING #RY901312682IL
                      ON ORDER #667474 FROM FEB. 1ST 2015 MISSING ANOTHER 3-CARTONS TRACKING #RY901348459IL
                      I HAVE PAID FOR BOTH IN FULL NO REFUNDS, JUST KEEPING TELLING ME THEY WILL RE SEND.

THEY TAKE PAYMENT FAST.

Duty Free Depot Usa — seizure of cigarettes

Just to warn people that you can not buy any Tobbaco products from the USA or even Europe without being...

Wigan

DutyFreeDepotawful

i called to check the tracking on my package which has been taking forever keep getting told the tracking will show up on my postal
                        service tracking its been a week and it still says the samething on my postal service tracking page. but i called in and the person who answered the phone started to yell at me so i hung up i kept my temper and just called back to see if someone else would pick up he said he was mad beacuse he has to work on vday which is ### you work when the company has too. then he calls me a piece of ### yankee and that im a ### and all yankees should go to hell and die and after that i couldnt keep my temper which no one could of but i will never place another order ever from this company they are slow and they talk to you like your not a human. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! DO NOT!!!

Duty Free Depot — order not received

I ordered 2 carton of cigarettes from this company on 9th October 2013. My visa was charged immediately. It...

Duty Free Depotno product or refund

I placed a couple of orders for myself and friends in June, 2012. Payed by e-check. Fortunately, when I started getting e-mails saying my orders were fraudulent and they were ceasing contact with me, I cancelled all but one check. I was told that the first order had shipped. 2 months later, still had nothing and called them back. Explained to them that I had cancelled my checks, except for the first order because I was told it had already shipped. They told me then, that it hadn't shipped and they would refund me. It would take about two weeks for the refund to show in my bank. Now, it's been another month and still no refund. I guess it's my own stupidity. Don't order from DutyFreeDepot.com They act like they care. They seem real nice. They DON"T do what they say!

DutyFreeDepot.comnon-shipping of order/no refund

On October 19 2011 I placed an order for cosmetics with dutyfreedepot.com. That very day they debited my credit card with US$31.99. The product never arrived. I emailed them repeatedly and at once stage this was what they claimed:
                            Dear Marylin, Our billing department sent you several emails asking you to provide a copy of you bank statement, or a copy of the credit card used and a picture id. They asked for this information since this is your first order with us and we need to make sure that this is not a fraudulent order. You never sent in the requested information, so we never sent your order. We will issue you a full refund since you have not sent in the information. Please wait for refund processing.From, Customer Support.
                            Needless to say they never did – not that I ever would have provided them with a copy of my bank statement, a copy of my creditcard and a picture id.
                            On December 7 2011 after I had again contacted them, they sent me this reply: Dear Marilyn, Your request for a refund has been forwarded to our billing department that will process it within 5 business days.Please note that there might be a gap of up to 12 days between the time your refund is processed and the time it appears on your bank statement.Best regards, DFD Customer Support.
                            It is again needless to say that no refund was ever made.

DutyFreeDepot.comnon ending telephone call harrassment

They will call you to a point that it is harrassment. They have called me 16 times this one year since spring. Every time they call I have asked to have my # off the list and the same thing happens. The last few times, I yelled at the rep "chris" and "tracy" but nothing happens. A company in the u. S. Will stop telemarketing once you ask them to stop but this company is in israel and they function differently. They have call centers in india and the u. S. I have asked to talk to management but they just hang up. I placed and order and cancelled and since then, they harrass me with a sales call every 2 weeks.

Anh Le Oct 04, 2017

My Order #883833 Descriptor with DutyFreeDepot.com On Sept 07, 2017 for the total of $324.90 has been charged and over 28 days, but not receive any item yet, I tried to called [protected] and [protected] no one anwser and the Email services is blocked, this is a cheating website and Fraudulent.! Anyone know how to file a complaint about that please help me and stop this bad business services ..

• Sl
                                  Slimboss07 May 23, 2014

http://www.dutyfreedepot.com/ HARRASSING CALLS AND I HAVE NEVER EVEN ORDERED WITH THEM. WAS GOING TO ORDER BUT AFTER ALL THESE CALLS I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND AND WILL FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FCC.

• Wr
                                  wraight Dec 14, 2010

This company really is a scam, I ordered cigs begining of November.They take your money very quickly, as for a refund its a different story.Complain to them all you get back is a computer generated message back, ask a question its the same.I Still have not received my order, they say delivery to U.K is o.k.HOW can a company get away with this.