Menu

P
Author of the complaint
2:30 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On March 7th I authorized a payment to Duke FLORIDUH for $120.93 later that night at 7:32pm they emailed me a receipt. Today the 8th I went on my bank account and saw that Duke had taken the $120.93 payment but then took an additional $124.93 that I did not authorize! As soon as I saw it I called Duke. I was told repeatedly that it was MY ERROR! But I kept telling them if I authorized the 2nd payment why didn't their system send me a receipt for the 2nd payment that I didn't owe? I spent over an hour on the phone first being told it would take 5 to 7 business days for them to send me a refund check and then after speaking with floor supervisor Chavon x 8796 (refused to give last name) she also blamed me saying then it would be 10 to 15 days before they would refund me the money DUKE literally STOLE!. She didn't care to research why I didn't get a receipt for the 2nd payment only kept saying I authorized it...which I did NOT! She said I could call my bank and try and stop or get the money back so I called Fairwinds who told me that they had more calls of this happening from DUKE STEALING PEOPLES MONEY then they could count! The rude supervisor told me oh Duke is updating their system next month but again only blamed me for their system taking my money. This is the 2nd time DUKE has stolen my money which is why I had stopped awhile ago from letting them automatically take my money...but I have proof I didn't authorize 2nd payment because had I authorized it the system would've sent me a receipt and it did not. Your customer service is the worst. Stealing money from peoples accounts is ILLEGAL! But we are stuck with you and you abuse us! Welcome to FLORIDUH where money over people lives and health come first.

More Duke Energy complaints & reviews