DS Services of America Logo

DS Services of America

Having problems with DS Services of America?

+1 800 728 5508 (Customer Service)
+1 800 201 6218 (Set Up New Delivery Service)
+1 800 962 7006 (Javarama)
200 Eagles Landing Boulevard
Sat8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

overcharges and poor service

Fortunately we did not sign a long term contract with sparkletts. From day one, when the driver came to deliver the first delivery of the water and the cooler, he did not ring the doorbell event hough we were home and just left all the bottles and the cooler in our front yard. He left a sticky note marked "no one home to accept delivery" even though our front door was open! (our screen door was shut, but clearly someone was home.)

Then on subsequent deliveries, the driver never showed up on the right day and never rang the door bell. I work at home so I am at home all day. So we never had the chance to give him the empty bottles. On the day he was supposed to come, we left them out, but then he never showed. Then he would show up on another random day and leave the water in our front yard.

Of course, the driver left the wrong amount and type of water, but again, we had no chance to talk to him about it. We called customer service at least once a week to get this straightened out, but nothing ever changed.

We also noticed lot of billing errors and overcharges which forced us to call customer service about every single bill. Watch your bill! They had all sorts of over charges, charges for products we did not get, etc.

Then when we cancelled, they still did not show up on the day they were supposed to. I was also very specifically told that any water that was sealed could be returned for a refund. So we stopped drinking the water knowing that they were coming to pick everything up.

Now our final bill comes and there is an agreement termintation fee, but we did not have a contract. And there was no refund for the sealed bottles we returned. When I called, they did agree to refund the termination fee since they could not find the contract. (because there was none!) but they told us that any water that is delivered cannot be resold and therefore cannot be refunded. Of course that directly contracdicts what I was told when I cancelled or contract.

They aren't even smart enough to just refund me for the unused water to keep me happy. How much does it cost them to eat teh cost of 10 gallons of water? They woud rahter I get on the internet and post all the details of my experience.

Well I hope you have better luck than I did with sparkletts and whatever you do, don't sign a contract with them!

EddieRKA Jan 29, 2010

My name is Tommy Kearney. I work for a class action lawfirm in downtown Los Angeles. Many consumers have been victims to these very same sparkletts business practices. If anyone is interested in participating in this case, contact me at [email protected], or call me at Ringler Kearney Alvarez LLP, at (213) 473-1900. I hope to hear from you.

• Ro
    robmx01 Jul 02, 2010

You lawyers just want to target bigger companies hoping that will want to settle out of court just to save themselves the high court costs. Every body is so worried about insurance companies and doctors making money. It's the unions and lawyers who are screwing us all in the end. I know this because I was part of a union for many years, so I know first hand of the problem.

EddieRKA Jul 08, 2010

Rob,
    I am sorry you feel that way. We are just trying to aid people in righting the wrongs that have been done to them. We in no way aim to hurt anybody, rather only compensate for damages that have been done.

faulty equiptment

A few sparkletts guys came to my house and convinced
My fiance to sign up. The dilivery guys were very nice and brought 2
Water jugs in and a water dispenser and hooked it up. The next morning me being 7months pregnant went down into the
Kitchen and slipped due to there machine leaking all over our new house (we had been living here for less than a month) I was extremly upset and my fiance called sparkletts to cancel. Now I did not have the service for more than a week we were able to cancel but now I notice that there is water damage all along the bottom of our kitchen cabinets. I just want to tell my story for future possible customers of sparkletts to be aware of faulty equiptment.

EddieRKA Jan 29, 2010

delivery and billing

Buyer beware! I signed up to receive home delivery of sparkletts water at the los angeles county fair about 3...

customer service/service in general

We canceled in nov. 2008 and they picked up everything and still continued to charge us. Then when we would call to correct the issue we were told they would credit the account and it never happend. Finally in feb. 2009 I was told all we owed was 35 for the cancelation fee and after paying it we received another bill stating we still owe more money. Finally calling for the 4th time to resolve it and being on the phone for 45min with them going over every bill it was figured that they actually owed us $1.20. Most of the representatives were not helpful at all and did not do what they told us would be done. The service with our pick up was awful. They kept trying to deliver to us after we canceled and then would charge us. They did not pick up when they were scheduled to. They didn't keep a record of when they picked up our cooler and tried to charge us for it. It seems like no one in there customer service knows how do do their job. A customer only means money to this company and will not provide any help or understanding to there customers.

EddieRKA Feb 02, 2010

false billing and delivery

Buyer beware! I signed up to receive home delivery of sparkletts water at the los angeles county fair. At...

won't correct company mistakes and customer has to pay!

Sparketts water made adjustments on my water bill (my water was increased by 3 times what it was originally...

bathrooms needed attention

The place is filthy. They don't clean up. I complained numerous times that the bathrooms needed attention. It took multiple times for me to get someone to go in to clean it up. I was told by a snippy little lifeguard that they don't pay enough to clean. I also spoke to the manager mr. Gerhardt. He stated that they always clean and that was just a one time thing. I went again to there and it wasn't any better. What can I do besides not going there? Can you help me?

Park details:
Crystal springs water park, east brunswick, new jersey

• Br
    Brian Bobston May 27, 2007

Damn this place is a ### filthy place

• St
    Steve McGuffey Oct 31, 2018

Sparkletts has very poor service - filters never changed on time or at all.
    They love to over charge you and accidentally never credit your account, also removed equipment they continue to charge you for. Complain and ask for a credit and get sent to collections.
    Be warned, Sparkletts aka DS Waters is definitely NOT a good company.

• Wa
    wateruser Nov 13, 2018

service over many years was good but when it came time to cancel the account because we were moving it was impossible to get ahold of them. They continued to bill us and now will not reverse the billing. Great marketing idea...make it impossible to cancel your account

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices