Dollar General / manager telling me and others she's going to stop these clearance sales because it's aggravating

United States Review updated:

Date /time of incident: May 21, 2019 @8:00am
Complaint:
Manager took all the seasonal sale items and put them in plan sight behind the register. I was there at 8:00am. When I asked about the Easter items she was sassy and rude stating that she was gonna put an end to this sale thing. (? (Can she do that?...) That she was tired and aggravated with all these "shoppers" coming for the discounted items on sale. (Why?) I specifically came to the store early in order to get some of the Easter items on sale. I was excited and happy I got there right when it opened up.
She could have at least took the items off of the sale floor. Instead of taunting patrons/customers. I don't know what her problem was or is but she definitely needs to have an attitude adjustment.
I frequent this store and she is always very rude to me every time. Making comments then walking away. Her negative attitude towards me and other customers attempting to get sales items is very rude and nasty. Also one other employees follows her lead in being ugly as well.
I swear I'm never rude, mean, or disrespectful. The other cashier that I see sometimes is very friendly and told me she needs to go shopping with me. I like her. The other two don't say hey or bless you when I sneeze. That perturbed me too. Gheez.
Store number: #13846
101 SAND BAR FERRY RD
AUGUSTA, Ga [protected]
[protected]

I was under the impression that if it's on the sales floor then it's still for sale. Is behind the register still in the sales floor? And that the manager doesn't have the authority to take items and taunt customers with them. Does she?. It just seemed wrong and spiteful in a way. I didn't get mad. I simply paid for my items and went on my way.

Dollar General

• Updated by A. Lee 1, May 22, 2019

It was all true. I have no reason to lie. I'm sorry my complaint offended the "manager" that commented. It made me a little mad bc the last time I came in there she and I were telling another customer about the sales bc the other customer didnt know about them and the manager was the one who started the conversation.
    I understand if that was the case of the Easter items going back or whatever they have to do with them. But ...nonetheless she doesn't have to be nasty to me. I buy items that aren't in sale.
    I'm sorry that yall find my complaint was and pathetic but I'm always nice and never cause trouble. No need for her and the other cashiers rudeness. And that's still a fact. That is all.
    Actually no that's not.
    There is merchandise behind the register and it in fact is for sale . Anne that's a fact also.

• Updated by A. Lee 1, May 22, 2019

Next time I'll have proof. I have no reason to lie. It just upsets me mainly bc she and her coworker treat me and others, that do indeed come and seek sales and coupon, like trash. I'm not crying I'm just tired of her attitude and her coworker treating people how they want and she did say she was done with that sales crap and she was aggravated by the customers that come for them. Yes. She was gonna put a stop to it. Sorry, I'm human and needed to vent at least some people replied. Granted not in my favor but I'll take it. Thank you for your feedback.

• Updated by A. Lee 1, May 22, 2019

Maybe she isn't retail material if she can't handle herself in a different manner.
    Why look at people who come for sales as a nuisance ? Instead have the store set up where there is no problem. Use the shoppers to do your dirty work. Have fun with it. Enjoy your job instead of getting aggravated when you see new faces coming in the store. Ghezz there are ways to make everything better including a part of your job you despise. Make the best of the situation.
    Figure out how to make it work to your advantage. Work smarter not harder.

Al
May 22, 2019

Comments

• Th
      May 22, 2019

You’re a [censored]. You’re a customer. You don’t go behind the register. It’s a work area. If the items were back there, it’s for a reason. You’re just a penny shopper looking to complain and split hairs. If Old Easter candy is taunting you, you have bigger issues. FYI. They were told to take them off the sales floor as per corporate to send it back because it was pennied out. Behind the counter is not the sales floor. Go cry about something important. She was probably sick of you penny shoppers wasting her time. I don’t blame her. People like you are why retail workers quit.

• Al
      May 22, 2019

@TheManager I did not want to go behind the register. However, they do have merchandise for sale behind the register And next to it. Heck, there's merchandise on it. I did not feel like I " had " to have the Easter junk . I was just hoping it would be on sale and I could get some junk for next year (eggs, a dye kit, some junk decorations) .
    Again I ain't crying . The way in which she handled herself sucked and was very rude. And I'm sick of her crappy attitude. She could enjoy her job and see these shoppers as fun and possibly use is to her full advantage instead of being a cold mean stuck up turd about it. Have fun with us at our expense. Not be angry because you can't stop people from shopping and coming to your store. Make the best of your situation. I'm done now you're welcome.

• Th
      May 23, 2019

@A. Lee 1 Ok. Come on now. You knew that stuff was pennied out, didn’t you?

• Km
      May 22, 2019

I find the only part of what you wrote that is actually true is that easter merchandise was behind the register. You probably inquired about the Easter goods asking if it was on a good sale, and we're told it was no longer for sale. At Kmart around this time all easter goods would be boxed up ready to go to the return center to be either destroyed or donated, mostly destroyed since their isn't a lot that can be donated.

• Al
      May 22, 2019

@Kmart 9459 Was that because there's actually a picture that makes it true ...? Lol. Next time I'll get video. I'm sure she'll see these complaints or conversations so I'll just have to be ready for her to go off again ranting about sale seeking customers. Who knows? But if you need proof I'm certain I can get some for you.