Dollar Generaldigital coupons

J

I was shopping at store number 08362 on 08/26/2018 and when I checked out my digital coupons did not work. It is not th first time either but this time it was 4 different coupons that equal to $4.25 all together. I phoned the customer service number first and they gave me the www.dollargeneral.com/dcfeedback website but I did not see a place to enter my information. So I am writing my complaint here in hopes it will be taken care of.

Angela Hamon May 03, 2021

I had 3 coupons. i had the right items. I was treated like garbage. they called manager. I said I will jsut take the stuff (even though I didn't want it after her attitude. It wasn't the price) they said one item was free with their own coupon and they didn't want to ring it up. but They did ring it up and of course it was not in the bag. They reverse shoplifted . To discourage certain shoppers. What if someone has to go there for family or church, and can't simply go to another store? i mean, I would gladly never set foot in another DG . But I don't even hav e choice. I can see their side but they were VERY nasty.

• Th
    Theresa Schmidt Sep 18, 2018

And lets not forget the fact that most couponers go around the store and fill carts with items come to the register and find out their coupon wouldn't work on some items and just leave it up by the register. This leaves a lot of stuff for the already overworked employee to put back.

• Ap
    April L Paz Sep 06, 2018

I went to the store in Fauquier county Virginia on Catlett Road. I experienced terrible customer service, I use coupons due to the fact that I have a large family not that that even should matter . There were a couple of items that I purchased that were on sale, and even though the photo on the digital app was the exact same product that I presented to the cashier they still would not take my coupons off. I checked my number to make sure the phone number I entered is the same on the account and it was, the cashier called the store manager and store manager basically said that there was nothing that she could do that if the app did not take the coupons off that she could not manually enter them herself. Now my complaint is this if the Dollar General put an app out there for you to download to your phone and go through all the trouble of putting coupons up so that they can be utilized why are the store managers and employees not able to put them through manually if the product That is presented to them matches the picture or the description under the picture why can they not be used and why are the managers not allowed to manually put them in this is very frustrating and often causes animosity and or hostility between the cashier and the customer.
    And just one more comment why do the employee there find it so hard to be nice to the customer?
    Because the last time I checked this IS MY MONEY THAT I WORKED FOR NOONE ELSE!!! And not just that, but as soon as I pulled my coupons out yesterday you could the look on the cashiers face TOTALLY CHANGE! To the EXPRESSION OF OMG NOT AGAIN! Meaning, another one of these coupon ppl!

Chris1977 Sep 06, 2018

@April L Paz I can tell you why cashiers get agitated at couponers. Its not the coupons itself, its the people that abuse them taking forever in line then next thing you know there's 20 people in line complaining then the manager has to open another register to clear the line. Then the manager risks getting fired by their DM if the workload doesn't get done. Because of that the cashier risks getting wrote up or fired if they don't get customers checked out fast enough. And corporate doesn't allocate enough hours to have extra coverage there to get everything done. Because of tension that's caused because of that, that's why cashiers tend to behave the way they do.

Chris1977 Sep 05, 2018

Did you enter the correct phone number which your account is associated with? And make sure you do that before the cashier hits total.