Disney Movie Clubscam

N Review updated:

Member No: 4804989

I joined the Disney Movie Club about 2 months ago when I saw an ad for special Disney movie prices. Naturally, after determining it was an official Disney site I joined and paid the price for the introductory movies. With the holidays and travel I neglected to check my email (I rarely check my email anyway) and didn't think anything else about it until I noticed charges on my credit card statement for movies I didn't order and hadn't received. I have since received the movies and did a lot more checking into this website and what I have found is utterly appalling on these and other pages. I attempted to settle my end of the contract I unknowingly got myself into and purchased the required number of DVDs. Only then did I find out they do not count towards contract fulfillment. I do not want these movies. I was planning on giving out the initial movies as presents but have left them all unopened until this issue gets resolved. I am seriously considering canceling the credit card number they have (and keep charging without my permission) and facing the legal ramifications rather than be held hostage by Disney. I am warning all my friends and family to stay away from Disney Movie Club and am recommending that they stay away from Disney as a company because if they are willing to stoop this low in one thing, they are willing to stoop even lower in others. The family friendly name I grew up with has turned into a warning cry for me and I will never fall into the traps that they are maliciously setting again. Disney has sold its soul and wholesome values to profit. Disney Movie Club, Disney Movies, and Disney Theme Parks have lost my business forever.

• Di
    Disney Sucks Aug 28, 2021

My bank card was used in online fraud. Chase caught it and they investigated the charges and all the places ended up giving me my money back, all but the disney movie club. In order to return the movies you have to open up the box to get the return shipping label.
    Well once it is opened you have to pay to return it. I tried calling and emailing I don't know how many different numbers and talked to different people. about getting a prepaid shipping label. I did not feel like paying any money to return something I never ordered. I already had and have $33 invested in Disney with the subscription. I also had to cancel my card .They all just gave me another excuse and a different number. It is a total racket that you have to open it to return it but then you have to pay to return it.
    Now my bank said the company sent them documents that show I ordered the movies. The bank is sending them to me and I can hardly wait to see what they are. Whatever they are they are fraudulent because I never ordered anything from disney let alone joined a club.
    I have no kids. I used to love disney but the company now has a reputation of being linked to pedaphelia.
    It is not the company it was when I was a kid . I think the movies it makes are crap and I have heard that the Chinese are involved with the movies they make just like the rest of the movies made in Hollywood.
    If it was an honest company it would have given me my money back like all the other places my card was used without my knowledge or consent.
    What a horrible outfit disney has become. I will never order anything disney again in my life and I do not recommend anyone else does. What a sad path that disney has taken. Walt Disney is probably rolling over in his grave.
    Julie Christensen

• Nc
    ncole1984 Dec 30, 2020

DO NOT join Disney movie CLUB they stole my credit card number!! I was like ugh what! It has been 6 years since joining. We fullfilled our membership and decided to be done. I credit card was turned over to a different bank and numbers changed. Didnt really think anything of it. IT HAS BEEN ^ years!!! back in 2013 now skip ahead to 2020 THEY stole my credit card claiming the bank sent them the updated credit card info???? ugh WHAT I was on the phone with the bank at the time saying what are these 150 dollar charges? Then realizing they were from a 6 year old disney account! The bank shut down my card but did say that 3 weeks ago I called (someone called pretending to be me) and got my information. This had to be disney to coincidental. What they did was criminal and I am calling the police and filing a report against them.

• Be
    Beezer80 Dec 15, 2015

I was a member for MANY years and fulfilled my membership agreement quickly. I never had any issues UNTIL this year. I have tried to cancel my membership online but there is NO option to do so. I find that I usually reject the featured movies as I can buy them cheaper elsewhere AND for new movies, my family wanted to get them the day they came out on DVD and the preorder sales from DMC always came weeks later than when they were out in stores. Kind of a bummer. Recently I have been getting DVDs that I never received email notification of being featured movies... I then have to pay the shipping and return them myself. I return my last movie and sent a payment along with it to cover an outstanding balance of a couple movies that we decided to keep. The payment too a MONTH to post to my bank account and I never received any notification that my balance has been adjusted and HOW it has been adjusted. I am still being billed roughly the same amount even though I can see the check was processed through my bank in early October! I just spoke to someone on the phone in regards to this and they couldn't even find the payment and sent me elsewhere within their office. She "finally" found it she said (even though I gave her all the info as to amount and check number) and she told me how it was applied. Truthfully, I do NOT believe her. I do not believe she found it and she couldn't even provide me with PROOF other than some over the phone verbal information. I told her that I refuse to pay the extra $50 that I was being charge because it does NOT add up. I shrugged it off... I guess that's one way to get them to cancel my membership as I have been trying to do for some time now. JUST AN FYI for EVERYONE... the are not allowed to send anyone to collections. They provide a service and are not creditors. They can threaten all they want but just like those lovely "music clubs" we all joined in the 90's and 2000's, they eat the cost. Trust me, we are in a business where we have a contract with our clients and can "threaten" collections but we don't have the right actually do so.

DMC Member Advoce May 13, 2015

Good morning!
    I would like to introduce myself, I am the Member Advocate for the Disney Movie Club. We are here to help anyone with any concern they may have. Please contact us directly at [email protected] or [protected].

• Be
    BeautifulOblivion Jan 29, 2015

I have been a member of the Disney Movie Club for about 3 years now and have signed up 2 times to get these deals. I find that the deals on this site are amazing and I just signed up again for the third time. Every time I finish my commitment I cancel my account and start another so that I can get the 6 movies for $25.90. Honestly, where do you think you are going to get 6 brand new Disney Bluray/DVD's for that PRICE?? $25.90... That's right $25.90. Yes it may take up to two weeks to process and then another week to ship, but I think that it is a great deal. The contract is very clear, and the Disney Movie Club is a great deal when you plan on paying for what it says. If you do get the 6 movies at the beginning 2 of those movies count towards the 5 movies you have to buy. So then all you have to buy is 3 more movies in two years. I mean come on 3 movies at regular price (which is about 30 dollars) in 2 years. Yes you do have to respond monthly to the Featured Title and if you do not it will be deducted from your account and sent to you. If that happens you can send it back and be reimbursed. I have had it happen to me a few times, but I know (as an adult) that it is my fault. Sometimes it has been a blessing in disguise because I did want the movie. If you do not like the terms of the agreement (Which you should read, they do not lie about any of it) then do not sign up, it's as simple as that. I love Disney products and Disney everything, I am a fanatic but I am also very stingy with my money so I know a great deal when I see one.

• Sc
    schmulez Aug 31, 2014

I thought this was a great deal when I received it in the mail considering most Disney movies run $10-30 at the store. However, after reading these reviews I've decided to opt out. I can just get them on half.com for a fraction of the cost!! Thanks!

• Ev
    EveH Dec 17, 2012

Please join my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMovieClubsPoliciesStink?fref=ts
    I'm hoping to get Disney Movie Club to change its policies.

• Je
    jeffgordon May 31, 2012

I think i should not have to take time out of my busy life to respond to the featured selections and when i called they would not remove me from the featured selection list so now i will just change banks. But i have no problem with anything else

DMC Member Advoce Aug 24, 2011

For the full details, please see the Membership Agreement on our website at disneymovieclub.go.com.
    Thank you!

• Pd
    pdgmusician Aug 23, 2011

The thing is... you have to read before you sign up for stuff...
    The contract is very clear, and the Disney Movie Club is a great deal when you plan on paying for what it says: the introductory movies, and 5 movies on top of that. You have to say no to the Feature movies. Just like any other club.

DMC Member Advoce Aug 15, 2011

Hello!
    If anyone has a question or concern about the Disney Movie Club, I am the Member Advocate and I am here to help! Please email me directly at [email protected] or give me a call at [protected].

• Di
    disneyclublover22 Jun 15, 2011

i have had no problems with the disney movie club at all... if you read the terms of agreement like any smart adult should then you will clearly see what your getting yourself into. they send me reminders all the time about ordering their featured movie or choosing my own featured movie at full price to fufill my end of the agreement before they ever charge my credit card.. long story short, read contracts before you get into one and always watch your mail and bank accounts...
    love: happy and SMART 22 yr old disney movie club member..

• Ho
    Hoya Jun 04, 2011

I joined the Disney Movie Club 4 years ago, and don't have too many complaints. I wanted to update my collection of DVDs so the introductory offer seemed like a great deal to me. My credit card was charged exactly as much as I expected and I got my movies quickly. The only problem came when I was getting charges on my card and movies I hadn't ordered, but then I realized that I wasn't replying to the Featured Title by the deadline (and that there were frequent Featured Titles). This problem was solved 1) by not having a credit card on file for DMC to charge and 2) sending my Featured Title notices to my email and responding right away. Sounds like these others are valid complaints, but I've never had similar problems with DMC or their customer service. When I did get movies I didn't want, I was able to return them and have the charges removed from my CC/account bill. I did this a few times in a row and got a strongly worded letter from DMC reminding me that they may cancel my membership if I kept returning movies. I was a little taken aback, but I guess I get it, you can't run a business if customers keep returning the product; now I make sure I reply in time.
    Regarding the refund charges/credits, it does take quite a while to get that, but fortunately for me I used a credit card that that I don't use often, so it caused minimal problems for me. I have since referred a few friends and family to DMC and I'm still waiting for my free movies, but it hasn't been long enough to complain yet. We'll see.

DMC Member Advoce May 27, 2011

If I can be of assistance for you or anyone else having concerns with the Disney Movie Club, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am here to help with any concerns~ email me at [email protected] or call [protected]. Thanks!

• Mo
    moviewatcher2 May 27, 2011

I have also experienced alot of problems with the Disney Movie Club. I have NEVER received my free movie for having a friend join. He joined over 8 months ago and has even fulfilled his contract. I had called numerous times to inquire about it and still no free movie. I also had problems with billing, I dont use my DC for the fact that years ago I was having money taken from my account and no merchandise in hand so I would pay them the old fashion way... by check. I would receive the movies and send a check out a few days later and would always get charged a $2.oo late fee although the bill says in small print 28 days before they charge the late fee. So I checked my bank records and my check clears a day or two after the 28 days! I would like to know why they "sit" on the check that long?... So I figured its so they can make an extra few bucks off people who refuse to use their DC and rather go "old school" with a written check. Needless to say, I recently got out of the club with a fulfilled contract and so did the friend I recruited into the club and will NEVER recommend the club to anyone! Good customer service is what makes a company, I tell 5 people about my bad experience, they tell five and they tell five so on and so on, before you know it, it spreads like wildfire! It could make or break a company.

DMC Member Advoce May 26, 2011

Feel free to call me Lorina if you would like me to go through the whole process with you! If a movie is discounted in any way (despite it being above $19.95) it will not count towards your commitment. My direct phone number is [protected] if you have questions, please give me a call!

• Lo
    Lorina May 25, 2011

Even if its on sale, but above the standard reg DVD price, it will be counted towards my commitment? What happens if it doesn't? Do I need to call you guys? I'm a little nervous. I hear a lot of bad things, but everyone that has been with you guys for years say the same thing.

DMC Member Advoce May 25, 2011

Lorina,
    The first movie (or the most expensive) full priced movie in your order will default to being regular price once you place it in your cart. In order to obtain all the order as full priced movies and not take advantage of your current offer, please look at the top of the screen for "Other Offers" Click on that and there is an option from there "No Offer Used" If you have any further questions, please let me know! [email protected]
    Thank you!

• Lo
    Lorina May 25, 2011

I just joined DMC and I have read its terms, which seem fairly easy to understand. I have one question. In order to buy the reg priced movies that go towards your commitment, where are the reg priced movies that I need to buy? I can't find them on the site. I thought it said on the terms that the reg price movies, even though they are $20-25, they aren't the movies that are on sale. Can anyone clarify for me?

DMC Member Advoce May 20, 2011

GrannieBev,
    If there is something I can do to help, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at [email protected] or by phone at [protected].

GrannieBev May 18, 2011

I most certianly DID READ the contract and this is not about the contract, it is about receiving movies I did not order, never being credited for exchanges and not getting anywhere with this company. Fortunately you have had a good experience and I am happy for you however that does not mean the others who didn't are all idiots. Be careful what you ASSUME, you know that is not always the best way to judge others.

GrannieBev May 18, 2011

IF YOU WANT TO GET AHOLD OF THEM TRY THIS NUMBER...[protected]. GOOD LUCK!

DMC Member Advoce May 10, 2011

GrannieBev,
    I can most certainly fix this for you! We want you to have a good experience with your Disney Movie Club account and it does not sound as if you are. Please contact me directly through email at [email protected] or by phone at [protected]. I look forward to helping you resolve all your concerns!

• Pl
    plaw170 May 10, 2011

I have never had an issue. Once a month I get a letter in the mail and an email asking if I want the featured movie or not. It is up to me to choose this, that is in the terms and conditions that you seemed to not have read. I only get charged for movies I pick but I pay attention. Nothing is for free and it does take some time to weed out the movies you dont want but in the long run we have ended up with a ton of movies for 1/2 or less and have points for free things that we actually use. Been with them over 3 years now and have no need or want to end a contract that I actually READ before signing

GrannieBev May 09, 2011

I am sure some people have had a pleasent experience but not all of us have and I did read the fine print. I have one more movie to buy at regular price and I am done, thank God. It has been a nightmare. I ordered quite a few sale movies during the year so far as well as the full priced ones. Currently I have one more to buy. I got probably a good 5 or 6 throughout the months without ordering them, once because I din't get the mailer and the others were times when I denyed them on the phone. Last week I got a letter stating that I have one more movie to buy before my membership is up. I knew that but was wonderering where my movie was and my membership is not up until mid June according to my records. Also they said if I do not order another movie immediately, they will charge the free movies to my charge card. Also during the past months I mailed back two movies to them, they were waiting here at my home after the holidays and I had never ordered them. I spicificly called to cancel any monthly picks as I go to visit my family from Thanksgiving to New Years but they sent tow anyway and to this day, my charge have never been credited for them. After much aggrivation and time on the phone with their customer service reps, I thought things were straightened out but still no refund. I called again and was told they never received the movies I sent back they had no record of them. I had a delivery confirmation but was also informed it was not delivered to them and that is not insurance so the USPS can't help. From now on I will go to the store and buy my movies. I am very dissapointed in Disney and for those of you who work there, yes you may be great with your customers but all your reps are oviously not like you nor are they intelligent opr polite enough to hasndle a customers problems.

GrannieBev May 09, 2011

I joined Disney Movie club about 10 months ago, yes getting a lot of movies sounded great and only having to buy 4 in a year but I found even if I called and let them know I didn't want the montly choice they sent it anyway and since I opened it to see what was in the package (I was buying the sale ones to and they would send them altogether I had to pay to ship back the returns, now they are sending me nasty letters that they did not get the last two returns and that they atre going into my checking account and deducting the money for them anyway, I have a delivery confirmation receipt from the USPS but they still insist that they did not receive them and maybe they were delivered some other place by mistake. Delivery confiormation is not insurance so that's no help. The other day I got another movie I didn't order. I have one more movie to buy before my year is up and they sent me a letter about that too, if I din;t buy another movie before the year is up they are going to charge all the free movies to my chcking account. I made a big mi9stake when I let them automatically decduct my payments from my checking, never again! I have belonged to Columbia record club as well as BMG and never ever had any problems l;ike this movie club. I would never recommend them to anyone, in fact I was just going there now to see if they had anything I wanted at FULL PRICE so I can finally get the last movie and get rid of them when I spotted this post. Sure doesn't live up to the Disney name, that's for sure but on the other hand neither do some of their movies now days.

DMC Member Advoce May 09, 2011

Mrs.Burris,
    Nice to hear from an extremely happy customer of 3 years! :-)

• Mr
    Mrs.Burris May 07, 2011

First off, the terms of the contract are visible, I have NEVER had a charge of $100 for anything, unless I ordered several movies. I have completed my enrollment and order movies quite frequently through them, including Alice in Wonderland, and I paid $10. If you pay careful attention you will notice that special editions, blue-rays, and comb0-packs will cost more. It is up to you to discern if you can afford it, hopefully your state welfare does not have to.

Secondly, the contract is blatantly clear. You order 5 movies at regular price between 20-25 dollars, depending on the type of movie (ie. Blu-ray), then you will receive VIP prices. But, you still need to deny or approve your special movie monthly, if you do not reply, then they will obviously ship it and you will be charged.

Third, if you have not received something, contact their customer support before you complain. That is what their numbers are for.

Sincerely,
    An extremely happy customer of 3 years.

DMC Member Advoce May 06, 2011

Strawberryale,
    So happy you are enjoying your Disney Movie Club Membership!

• St
    Strawberryale May 06, 2011

I just became a member of the DMC so that I can expand my Disney Blu-ray library. So far I have had no problems at all. Yes, you MUST read and understand the terms and conditions of the club as they are clearly outlined on the site. If you are one of those who do not read the terms, and blindly click "yes, I have read them", then that is your fault and not Disney's. Disney would not ever do anything illegal, and I am quite sure that they will remain very successful with their business practices even if they lose a handful of consumers. They will still be successful without you...

DMC Member Advoce May 05, 2011

spacie,
    Please give us a call so we can help you at [protected] (Monday - Friday, 9 AM to 9 PM EST)

• Sp
    spacie May 05, 2011

I am currently going through the exact same thing. We have not yet received the first order of free movies, and now have a $101 charge out of our bank account. We are also cancelling and will tell our bank to refuse any further charges from them. It is sad, we as we are premium pass holders to Disneyland and spend a lot of money with them. This is a black-eye to Disney, and they should be ashamed of their unfair business practices.

DMC Member Advoce May 03, 2011

LexandJojosmommy,
    I am unable to resolve your concern on here. Please give us a call so we can assist you. [protected] (Monday - Friday, 9 AM to 9 PM EST)

LexandJojosmommy May 02, 2011

Furthermore, If I HAD already created an account- I STILL DID NOT GET THE "FREE +s&H" movies I would have ordered while opening the initial account. I'm sure I would have remembered getting the initial account's "5 FREE movies" DUH!

LexandJojosmommy May 02, 2011

No. That's not what happened. Because when I spoke to them on the phone- they said there was no other previous account in my name. And if they do not accept debit cards at that time- Why was the payment of $103.00 taken off a debit card. Confusing u too, right?

DMC Member Advoce May 02, 2011

LexandJojosmommy,
    I regret your unfortunate experience with the Disney Movie Club. Without having all the information, it sounds like you logged on with an account you previously created and attached this card to. When an account is created, you must "click to accept" the terms and conditions that fully explain the Disney Movie Club for your information and protection. Part of these terms state "Sorry, we do not accept debit cards or check cards at this time." These can also be found in your Membership Guide you received with your inital order. Please give us a call if we can be of further assistance at [protected] (Monday - Friday, 9 AM to 9 PM EST)

LexandJojosmommy Apr 21, 2011

OMG- hillarious! Here is my exprience with the Disney movie club. Then you decide either way. I went online & ordered my 2 movies on April 6th. I was looking for an Easter present for my 6 year old daughter. Gave it plenty of time to be shipped by Easter-right? I ordeded Snow White and Alice in Wonderland- the total for the 2 movies + costs was $103.00. I thought well, that was pricey, so I checked again and the Alice in Wonderland was over $60.00 itself (because it was some sort of special edition). So, I thought, pricey, but... I'll pay it cause it will even out (5 free movies, right?) in the end. So I submitted payment, then the order was being processed, but it (the messgae after PAYMENT & DC # was already submitted) said that I could not pick the 5 free movies because an account was already in my name. Weird, I thought... I recieved a confirmation email, but then when I got my bank statement- I had used my debit card and no charge was on there-Disney movie club was not on there. Anyways, so I was under the impression that they dropped it or whatever and went on about my life. Then I got my child support put on the card last Tues. (April 19-)and I had desperately needed it cause I was broke- I had spent every dime BESIDES this 120.00 for csupport which was credited into my account cause I had just started a new job as a make-up artist ($67/hr)and am getting my first paycheck May 1st. Anywasy, I called and checked my account balance- and I had $120.00- csright/- So me and the kids pack up, go to the store, & spend about $100.00 on groceries, Easter baskets and presents, diapers, ect and when we go to check out the girl tells me (after waiting in a long line with a 6 yr old and a screaming 13 month old) my card was declined and the balance on my debit card was $16. and some change. Long story short- the Disnay movie club had FINALLY processed my order and took the 103.00 for the two movies and left me up **** creek. I almost cried- I was so embarassed and now was dead broke in a line with two little ones. I called customer service and they told me they could not cancel the order because there had already been a shipping label created and that there was NO OTHER ACCOUNT in my name- omfg. But they will ship the movies, cancel my account, and send me a label to return them as soon as I get them ( I'm sure if I don't... it'll be curtains-lol) and they have stopped the "hold" payment and the money should be on my card teh beginning of next week (April 25, 2011). Hopefully, this will all work out - they seem to be working with me, but NEVER, NEVER again will I be enticed by a "Disney Deal"-lol! All this drama for a cool Easter present ( she loves ALL Disney movies)- I'll never even get to give her-ha.Thanks!

• Ga
    gailedeg Apr 12, 2011

I have been a member of DMC in the past. The set up for the movie club is similar to other book and music clubs that are offered. You do not get anything for free (or almost free). Always read the terms of agreement before you agree to join a club. Disney made it very easy for you to decline that months selection as they gave you several ways to decline the movie of the month. Boo on you navyguy for trying to blame others for your neglience. (I have not nor have I ever been employeed by Disney, ABC, or any credit card company-I am just a lowly state employee that reads instead of checks off that I have read the terms of agreement).

DMC Member Advoce Mar 30, 2011

I would be happy to clear up any confusion about the Disney Movie Club or how the Featured Title process works! Yes, you must respond by the deadline per the membership agreement or you will be sent the movie automatically. Any further questions, please do not hesitate to email me directly at [email protected] Thank you!

DMC Member Advoce Mar 30, 2011

Please feel free to contact the Member Advocate with any concern about the Disney Movie Club at [email protected] or [protected]. Thank you!

Comment Guidelines