Dish Network / Dish.comearly termination fee

Would you wait for almost 3 weeks for your Dish to be fixed? That is what I was told by Dish. After 3 hours of talking on phone with representatives and supervisor I was told that is how long I would have to wait for a technicain to come, no ifs ands or buts, Impossible to get one any sooner. UNTIL I canceled, THEN Supervisor told me they would have sommeone there in 2 hours, is this how Dish does business? The last 2 supervisors I talked to in Texas and Colorado were arrogant to boot. I got my 170, dollar bill today. Is this how Dish Network operates, Doesn't Dish have any contractual obligations to the customer? I guess not. Ver disappointed with Dish and hope your customer service would ook into my complaint

Do
Sep 03, 2019

Comments

Sep 03, 2019

Technicians are a courtesy, not a requirement, which is covered in your contract. I would recommend reading it if going to discuss its contents. If in a term commitment and cancel over that, your termination fee would remain valid. Keep in mind you own everything except the receiver, so any work on the antenna or cables etc would be maintenance. Hope that helps clarify for you.

Sep 04, 2019

Very similar experience! No TV for 2wks, finally got a date and time for a technician! Wife stayed home for the appointment no call no show! Called customer service if you call it that, they guaranteed I would have a tech there the next day and if we didn't have TV by the next day they understood and It was fair if we canceled our service, and for my wife to ensure someone was there... NO CALL NO SHOW! Fed up we call and cancel, $255 early termination fee! Basically Dish Network values their time but not their customers, 16+hrs of my wife waiting at the house for a company not to show or call! Approx 16hrs on hold or speaking with their fantastic customer service, or getting cut off! So even though we lost approx 32hrs of our time waiting for nothing Dish places no value on our lost time or productivity...

Sep 04, 2019

It’s a luxury service. No, your time is not covered, as it is your responsibility to plan it around your schedule.

Sep 04, 2019

@chadt41 It’s my responsibility to plan around my schedule? My schedule is not a problem, it is those who make appointments then fail to keep them! If I’m not mistaken Dish Network claims to give you a window in which they will provide their luxurious services... but when they fail to meet specified times it’s oh well, sorry for your loss! Which in fact does cost their customers time and money if they had to take a day off to be there for their SCHEDULED appointment. That’s ok though our State Attorney General will be involved soon! Let the same happen to Dish Networks customer service I bet they would be tickled too!

• Av
      Sep 18, 2019

@Just-Joshin-Ya I am looking for anyone willing to take this further. The contracts lock you into everything to benefit Dish, so they can steal, cheat and charge you for services they aren't providing, I made it a point when I arranged for service of telling the agent I had a requirement to get Fox Sports Midwest. No problem I was told its in my package, I wasn't told the contract would be ending soon. Im not paying 100 a month if you cant provide me service. Last week with no notice 400.00 withdrawn from my checking account when I had other bills needing more immediate attention. Dish didn't hesitate to take the time to steal, but not a priority to provide good service to their customers. Im now paying 1/2 of what Dish charged getting FSMW. Its time to stop getting bullied by Dish. Chad your a great example of the arrogance that dish shows their customers.

Sep 19, 2019

@Avoid Dish And you’re a great example of someone that did not read their contract.

H. Changes in Services, Features and Functionalities Offered. We have the right to, without notice at any time and from time to time (including, without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed), add, delete, rearrange, alter, change and/or eliminate: (i) any and all prices, fees and/or charges; and/or (ii) packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features and/or functionalities. In the event that we add, alter and/or change any prices, fees and/or charges, then you agree to pay such added, altered, and/or changed prices, fees and/or charges. In the event that we add, delete, rearrange, alter, change and/or eliminate any packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features and/or functionalities, then you acknowledge and agree that we have no obligation to replace or supplement such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities. You further acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to any credits, refunds, price reductions or any other form of compensation because of any such addition, deletion, rearrangement, alteration, change and/or elimination. You further acknowledge and agree that such additions, deletions, rearrangements, alterations, changes and/or eliminations are not a discretionary act by DISH if they are due, in whole or in part, to the termination, suspension or expiration of DISH’s legal right to provide such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities.

Sep 06, 2019

If you took off work, that was your choice. Your lost money is a result of your own decisions. Try planning on the weekend, maybe. And the AG will not do anything, at all.

Sep 06, 2019

@chadt41 Do you even understand how Dish Network techs work... Of course you do! You’re one of them I bet, probably customer support! You can try to defend horrible customer service all you want and place them blame on the customer but the fact of the matter is they STILL have horrible customer service, and horrible customer relations! You can say as many times as you like that the service is a luxury, but unless you’re into whips and chains there is nothing luxurious about it!

Sep 08, 2019

@Just-Joshin-Ya I guess it is obvious you have no idea how they work, and that’s where we are. And PS... not an employee. I apologize the truth offends you so much.

Sep 08, 2019

@chadt41 I’ll reply Tuesday between the hrs of 9:30am and 12:30 pm...

Sep 07, 2019

You can deny it all you want, however that is its actual classification with the government. It’s why the PUC has zero authority over them. Quit whining and take some of your own responsibility. Your lost wages are your fault. No one else’s.

Sep 07, 2019

I never said I lost wages, I said that if someone did take off or change their schedule for a scheduled appointment, one scheduled by Dish Network, and then Dish Network does not show for their own appointment then Dish Network just cost that person time, and or money if they have to again change their schedule to allow Dish to provide their luxury service. Some people work weekends, some people work 7 days a week, so their time is valuable, but obviously not to Dish Network! But it’s our fault Dish can’t keep its appointments... or provide good customer service! I called Direct TV and guess what they made their appointment and even called on their way!

Sep 10, 2019

Great for Directv. Dish does the same thing for me every time I have an appointment, and you hear the same complaints for directv. And if somebody works 7 days a week, they probably are not really in the position to have a luxury tv service, killing that point. Point is, no, your time is only valuable to you. That is really any company. You’ll see.