Discover Card — it's another way of collecting additional fees from people
I went online to pay Discover bill for this month. I found they had charged an over limit fee of $39. I had paid minimum due amount and didn't understand why over limit.
I subtracted minimum due from previous balance and came under limit so I called Discover. They said even though I paid minimum due that when added finance charges it made it over limit. Now, she double talked on this issue. I asked her if that was the case why wasn't the minimum due higher in over to take care of it. She said they had no way of knowing what the finance charges were going to be so they couldn't do that. I said, "So, you can't but I'm supposed to mind-read and figure it out myself. She then went on to say that the finance charges are actually from the month before and that I should have some idea from what they were previously.
Now, if that's the case, they should be able to do the same thing. My guess is, it's another way of collecting additional fees from people. They know perfectly well that people will pay minimum due without thinking to double check the finance charges and will thus occur over limit fees, late fees, etc., etc., etc.
Who does one write to complain about this sort of business?
More Discover Card Complaints & Reviews
- Discover Card - scam and cheating 
- Discover Card - dispute of charges 
- Discover Card - lower payment plan scam 
- Discover Card - possible scam to get one to activate fraud protection 
- Discover Card - usurious increase in apr by discover card 
- Discover Bank - online saving
- Discover Bank - unethical dispute process
- Discover Credit Cards - terrible experience 
- Discover Card - fraud
- Discover - balance transfer