Dillardsaccused me of shoplifting when I had the receipts

H

I purchased three dresses from Dillards. Two were purchased in store and one was purchased online. The dresses were for children and they did not fit. I returned them to a store in Arlington, Texas, I had both receipts.

The first sales clerk assisted me in returning the two dresses that were purchased in store without a problem. The problem was the dress purchased online and she did not know how to process the return. I waited for almost an hour at the counter, when a manger came up and started questioning both returns. Two policeman came up behind me and asked if I would go with them to the back of the store they needed to speak with me about a shop lifting complaint.

I was mortified when I explained the situation and produced both receipts they let me go after a lengthy discussion with the store manager. It appears when an item is returned it goes against the clerk who originally sold you the item, and that sales clerk had worked earlier that day. Dillards was accusing me of having returned the dresses earlier in the day then stealing the same dresses and trying to return them a second time to the same store on the same day.

They apologized and escorted me out of the store. I called in a complaint to the corporate head quarters and the response was that it was a simple mistake on Dillards behalf.