Diamond Toursnew orleans trip

L Aug 06, 2018 Review updated:

I attended a Warner Robins Senior Trip to New Orleans with Diamond tours. I specifically went on this tour because my late husband and I had always planned to do the riverboat cruise. Unfortunately he passed away this past February. I decided I was going to go on this trip and do the riverboat, just like we always said we would. We were informed once we arrived at the Creole Queen Paddlewheeler at 1 pm, that the boat had been broken for a week and wouldn't be fixed for the following two weeks. This was highly disappointing, but what could I do? We were then informed that Diamond Tours knew that the boat was broken. They didn't make additional plans to make up for the inconvenience. Basically we were told we had a free day to do what we wanted.in a city that we didn't know. Nor did we have transportation. After walking around idly four hours in the hot Louisiana heat, we met up with the tour group for dinner. Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. Out of 40+ people, not one of us were happy with our meal. Our service was horrible. And the manager was incredibly rude to all of us. Needless to say the last day of our trip which was suppose to be the highlight, ended up being a complete disappointment. I know Diamond Tours can not help the attitude and service of Bubba Gump Shrimps, but I do hope they keep that experience in mind before using them again to represent to Louisiana culture. I am however, very upset that we weren't informed about the broken riverboat, since they had been notified a week before that it would no longer be part of the excursion. I may of canceled all together.

• R
      Oct 16, 2018

My group of 46 just returned fro a Diamond Tour to Niagara Falls and Toronto. Everyone was pleased. All the hotels were nice. We even stayed at a hotel that was within walking Distance of the Falls. We felt safe and walked around the area every night. The dinners provided were good. One even gave a beautiful view of the falls. Our group couldn't get over the value we received for the amount we paid. We had an excellent driver that drove a Mercedes engine bus. It was the smoothest bus ride we had ever taken. We were gone for 8 nights and 9 days.

• B
      Apr 05, 2019

Traveled March 25th to New Orleans and returned March 30th. Our driver Paul was friendly, but never talked to us about where we were when we crossed state lines, and made several wrong turns and had to backtrack often. On our schedule we did not have time when we went to a plantation to see all the sites-time was always cut short. I had been very interested in trying some of the local foods, but NEVER one time stopped at a site for that. Our lady who planned our senior trip did a excellent job of planning what she could do to entertain us.