Having problems with DesignCrowd?

DesignCrowd Customer Service Contacts

1800 228 020 (Australia)
1800 852 3882 (Singapore)
+1 800 377 6955 (United States)
+44 800 680 0685 (United Kingdom)
+64 98 879 497 (New Zealand)
Level 4, 2 Hill Street
Surry Hills, New South Wales
Australia - 2010

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DesignCrowd Customer Service. Initial DesignCrowd complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DesignCrowd above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DesignCrowd. Discuss the issues you have had with DesignCrowd and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

DesignCrowdI was not paid!

I was a designer for designcrowd, I won a logo design competition yesterday and wanted to change my payment email for payoneer. They deactivated my account because I tried to open an account with that email before and wasn't verified than? But this time i was verified! I worked on that logo and I won the contest, they did not even let me do the handover to the contest holder. They wont answer my emails! I'm attaching the logo showing I won the competition. This is so not fair, I did nothing wrong.

I was not paid!

DesignCrowdabuses their power against designers and clients. keeping money hostage.

This complaint is about how DesignCrowd abuses their power against designers. But it also reflects their mistreatment to clients.

I worked for this website for couple years as a designer. After putting considerable amount of effort and time, I started to get one on one projects (rather than multiple designer/creative contests). These projects have a deadline of 5-7 days. After this deadline, client has 15 days to demand a refund, if you don't come back in 15 days you lose your chance to have a refund.

I have worked in these one on one projects for quite a long time and dishonesty of designcrowd became more and more apparent as the amount of the projects increase. Problem is, how designcrowd abuses their refund policy to keep the money for themselves, rather than refunding it back to the client or giving it to the designer who spent their hours to earn it.

According to designcrowd; if a client doesn't request a refund in 15 days, they lose their chance to get their money back. On the other hand, designer need client's approval to get paid for their work. So after this 15 days period of time what happens is;

- If you are a client; you ask for a refund, designcrowd's answer is; Well, too bad, you're not getting your money back, because it's been 16 days.

- If you are a designer; you have to wait for the client to miraculously come back after years after getting pissed off by designcrowd and approve the payment for you. Considering they did not just forget about the project.

- In the mean time designcrowd investing and building their fortune with the money that isn't even theirs.

Currently there are over 700.000 designers in designcrowd. I alone have 20+ projects that I haven't got paid for. Most of these projects are waiting for more than a year and probably I will never get paid for them.

There is huge dishonesty in this system. None of the other freelancing websites holding money hostage like this. In this manner designcrowd is acting like an internet mafia to exploit weaker parties. Their acts are unacceptable in the current year we live in.

www.designcrowd.comWe got only one drawing and it was wrong

We work in small company and recently we signed the contract with the company www.designcrowd.com. They told us that they would make the graphic design for us and it would be easy deal for them. Everything sounded to perfect and we agreed to their terms and conditions. But after a month, we received only one drawing and it was faulty. Don’t work with them, because they promised a lot, but they have done nothing.

Jason Barlow Sep 15, 2015

I purchased 20 designs from www.designcrowd.com over a period of 5 days (for $200). It has now been one month and Design Crowd has sent me only five designs. Three times I have called in requesting a refund. Design Crowd keeps telling me they will call me back with a decision, then never does. I have emailed them and called them several times. Design Crowd basically just stole my money and now avoids communicating with me.