Having problems with Aplus.net?

Aplus.net reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 6, 2008. The latest review Web hosting was posted on Jul 19, 2020. The latest complaint Scam / over billing / virus infected was resolved on Feb 17, 2012. Aplus.net has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 8 reviews. Aplus.net has resolved 4 complaints.

Aplus.net Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Aplus.net Customer Service. Initial Aplus.net complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Aplus.net above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Aplus.net. Discuss the issues you have had with Aplus.net and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Aplus.net Complaints & Reviews

Aplus.netWeb hosting

All our domain's MX records etc were reset to default and our website and email went down. They do not have Chat or phone or any live support. Email response time was hours for each issue, so it took 3 days to get email working, website still not working.
Horrible company! They must have been hacked or their server lost our domain information, but they will not admit or answer questions how this could have happened.

Further, they have locked our Domain down so we can't transfer to another hosting company

Aplus.netScam / over billing / virus infected

This web hosting company is a joke. Was signed up for 5 years and they did nothing but ruin my 10 computers with their constant viruses in the emails, constant email problems, over billing for everything, you get 10 bills for the same damn thing and despicable
    Customer service. I advice anyone to stay away from aplus. Nrt aka deluxeforbusiness.com they are horrible and will ruin your busienss and software with viruses and over bill you over and over and give you no help!!! Total scam!!!

Aplus.netEverything was fine for the past several years until they upgraded my account to the new system or servers

Everything was fine for the past several years until they upgraded my account to the new system or servers. I first lost complete access to a service I recently signed up for and was in the middle of using, the Full Version of Website Creator, also known as WSC. I had already built half a website with this program and now cannot complete or continue working on my project making me look very bad with a good client of mine. During the first week they were actually doing the upgrade and the website specifically told me so whenever I would try to change anything on any of my services. I accepted and waited it out. Then the upgrade was completed and I no longer even had the WSC icon option on my control panel. I called and opened a service ticket # 2391745. I called several times over the next few days and each time I was promised that someone would contact me or at least email me an update on the status of the ticket. This never happened even once. Finally after about a week they were able to get the icon back up on my control panel, but now I was unable to login to the program. It would give me an error everytime I would click on administer. I of course called again and told them about this issue. I informed them that I have tried logging in from several computers, using different Internet Browsers, different Operating systems, all with different anti-viruses, and even from different networks and physical locations. Again I was promised that someone would contact me. Several days go so I call them again tell them that I still cannot login. They tell me that they cannot reporduce the issue on their end and have basically stopped working on the problem. This is where I started to get angry and asking why nobody contacted me to let me know this earlier so we could continuing taking the next steps in resolving the issue. I felt that because their absolute lack of communication several days have been lost causing this ticket and issue to continu longer than it needs to be. Yesterday they had me take a print screen of my PC with the error that I am receiving even though I already told them exactly when and what it says. I did this, BUT this time I demanded to speak with a supervisor. At first Joan would not get one, then she told me that they were all in a meeting and could not come to the phone. I had her specifically promise me that one of them would call me back after the meeting and before the end of the day. This of course never happened. Then again, nobody contacted me in anyway this morning either. I worte another email to Joan, and still no response from anybody. I have been making my living as an IT guy for the last 13 years and deal with hundreds of support depts from big to small from all around the world. I give technical support myself to my clients. It is or should be standard company procedure to at least stay in contact with the customer or at least give him a way to be updated on an open ticket besides having him always needing to call you. At what point does continuing to break a promise to contact me become a lie. I own over 42 domains and several hosting packages with Aplus for the last several years and no feel a total lack of respect from Aplus. I am keeping my promise to Aplus and Joan that if I did not hear back from a supervisor beforfe the end of the day ysterday I would start an online campaign of letting everyone know how dissappointed and unsatisfied I have been recently with Aplus.Net and so that it what I am doing now and everyday until this issue is resolved.

Aplus.net — Poor technical support

If you enjoy dealing with some of the most friendly tech support people that you'll find anywhere, then...

APlus NetWebsite not working 48 hours after upgrade

I have been a happy A-plus.net customer for about 6 years until the last several months. I have numerous websites hosted by them. Until the last several months (it is Dec 09), I have received prompt customer and technical service from them. Something dramatically and profound happened at APlus.net to change all that.

On Friday Dec 4, 2009 they migrated my webstore(which is selling considerable merchandise for Christmas) to an "upgrade server." The site went down 30 minutes after the migration. When I can the "upgrade" hot line for help the average time on on hold is 20 minutes, but sometimes you have to wait for 40 or more minutes to get a person to talk to you.

Over the 48 hours of being down and dealing with tech support people who simply pushed my problem off to someone else, I called and asked for a supervisor. The supervisor, Bill had my website up within 5 minutes and the webstore up within 1/2 hour.

All of this could have been prevented if APlus did a better job training their tech support techs and having higher level people on weekends they do server migrations.

• I am glad to see I am not the only person experiencing problems with Aplus.net - they made me feel as if it was an issue at my end.

I have had an open support ticket for over a week now and they have been unable to resolve my issues with web site performance - or lack thereof.

I have several sites hosted with them and had been a happy customer for several years - no longer - their service has been abysmal during this time - really sad when an upgrade turns into a downgrade.

I have been given the runaround by the CS department and they just tell me they are urgently working on the problem - what a bunch of crap.

Don't ever do business with Aplus.net - you mgith be sorry - especially if your business depends on it.

• Ar
            AROTHERMEL Dec 08, 2009

Same problem here. The last email I received from Aplus was not to make any changes from November 27th until December 4th at 10pm. December 5th in the am I log on to send changes and can't log on. Not until December 7th can I even log on and that still doesn't do the trick because the changes do not update the web page as before. Entered a trouble ticket on December 7th at 10am. It is now December 8th at 7:30pm and no one even acknowledged the ticket. I just got off a live chat session with a help desk person who told me that my site is still being updated and to be patient. Could he help me with anything else? What a joke! I have four sites hosted with this company but I will not be using them anymore. It is completely unacceptable to excpect customers not to update their sites for weeks, especially during the Christmas holiday!

Aplus.net Internet ServicesTrying to discontinue their services

We have been tryng for three days now to an EPP code from Aplus.net so we can transfer our services to another company. When I tell them why I am calling, they put me on hold, connect me to different operators and then they just finally hang up. I have also tried their online chat and they disconnected from me. The services are substandard, but the real frightening thing is we cannot get our own web domain name from them to go to another comapny.

• Ap
              APLUS HATER Jan 19, 2010

I FEEL THE SAME...

ITS HARD TO GE A HOLD OF THEM. THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM. APLUS.NET IS BY FAR THE WORST HOSTING GROUP I'VE EVER DEALT WITH. WHEN YOU TRY THE LIVECHAT IT WILL SAY YOU ARE THE NUMBER ONE IN THEIR QUEUE BUT YOU ARE REALLY NOT COZ THEY DONT HAVE LIVECHAT. ITS ALL BOGUS!

WWW.APLUS.NET - WORST HOSTING GROUP. DO NOT HOST YOUR DOMAIN THROUGH THEM OTHERWISE YOU ARE LOCKED FOR LIFE. TOTALLY ABSURD! I CAN'T GET AN EPP CODE FOR ONE FREAKING DOMAIN!

• Un
              UnhappywithAplus.net Dec 20, 2009

Aplus.net has major problems.
              1. Upgrade planning was abysmal
              2. Security and monitoring - doesn't exist from what I can see
              3. Support of AJAX is claimed - but they don't really offer this on UNIX plans
              4. They close tickets without testing and resolving the problem
              5. Their administrators in Eastern Europe browse customer files with no reason
              6. Their admins are incompetent. We found an htacces file that they created during the upgrade. Yes, that is THEIR spelling htacces - not .htaccess as it should be.
              7. We received no documentation on the upgrade even though procedures for ftp changed and we needed to modify our .htaccess files. They TRIED to modify our .htaccess files, and BOTCHED them

Need I go on?

If you are unhappy with APLUS.net, consider filing with the FTC, your state's atty General or the Better Business Bureau. Where you file will depend on what APLUS.net has done (or not done). If you complain, APLUS.Net may feel the pain.

• Am
              Amanda_Aplus.net Nov 05, 2009

R.J. Klein & Assoc. - I would like to escalate your problem to a manager. Can you email me at [email protected] with the best email address to reach you at?
              Amanda
              Aplus.net

Aplus.net Web Design & HostingWeb design - total incompetence

This company is AWFUL. I have never seen such incompetence when it comes to website design. The project concept and design was great - however, the implementation was a nightmare, and even after almost a year of development and thousands of extra fees along the way, this company never completed our site! It was not even that complex of a project (40 unique pages). We were left with a skeleton of a site with a ton of basic errors like broken links, misspelled words, graphics floating in space...it was hideous and totally non-functional. We are still working to clean up their mess.

We also had a ridiculously bad experience with Aplus.net when trying to transfer a large number of domains, as part of our dealings with them. We quickly changed to another major hosting provider once the ball was dropped on that too, which didn't take long. I do not understand how this company is still around. If we had the resources to take them to court we would have done so a long time ago. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with, totally unprofessional and incompetent. Whatever you do, do not pay them in full up front (which they say they require)...big mistake.

Avoid this company at all costs.

Aplus.net — Poor service

I hired their services for a web site design, hosting and search engine booster, but the web site was never...