Dell Inspiron 1525laptop from hell

Dell and Toyota value consumers the same...

In a difficuly economy Ipent $1500 on a dell inspirion 1525 for my sister and her kids that at just 14 months (2 month out of warranty) starts shutting down. Dell claims its the integrated video card on the motherboard but the computer is hot to the touch. Makes sense that Dell wont mention overheating issues as similar issues have already caused one class action law suit. Dell claims theres nothing they can do because its 2 months over the 12 month warranty. BTW - you have to pay $49.00 for a one month diagnostic fee for Dell to feed you all this and get nowhere. Also You can get a replacement part (motherboard) for $289.00 but theres no one who will touch the installation...geek squad wont even touch it!!! dell doesnt care...how adsurd it is to have spent this money on a product that only lasts 14 months...based on the information available on the Web...how could Dell miss this recurring issue in the inspiron line...but again..Dell doesnt care as long as they get your last dime for a computer that doesnt work...

• Ia
    iamcrystal Mar 16, 2013

Dell Inspiron 1525...Overheats, then touch-pad went out so I needed to use a mouse and now the final epic failure...hard drive failure!! This is my second Dell Laptop should have learned from the first one... I will never purchase a Dell Computer again!!

Angry Dell Customer Mar 04, 2013

I am also having many issues with my Dell Inspirion All in One Desktop. I have contacted dell several times. They have dispatched two technicians in the same year (2017) to fix my issues. They stated that I had harddrive issues and replaced my harddrive in March 2017. In November 2017, I had my harddrive and heat sink replaced. I don't believe the technicians know why my computer keeps crashing. When I suggested it may have been an overheating issue, they agreeed and replaced the heating components. Still after 16 months of having this computer, it does not work. It still crashes. I would be glad to stand up and testify or write an affidavit. I am SICK AND TIRED of this computer. I am SICK and TIRED of having strangers come to my house to repair a computer that still does not work. I contacted Dell a few days ago (FEB 2017) and they stated that I needed to send my computer to their repair department. When I received the shipping materials, I tried putting my computer in the box, but it did not fit. I also asked the the shipping company to assist me in packing the computer. They stated that the box and the form that is suppose to go around the computer does not fit.. I contacted Dell again and they stated that they did not have any boxes available that my desktop could fit in. So now they are sending a third technician to my home for "replace the system board along with ANOTHER harddrive. I just want my money refunded.

Jackie's Aug 08, 2012

My Inspiron 1525 laptop computer has been a lemon. Purchased in 2017 the hardrive went out one week after warranty was up. I had to purchase an extended hardware warranty for 250.00.
    It seems the motherboard overheats damaging hardrive. I have had 4 hard drive replaced. Also advised by Dell to to purchased a drop policy for another 200.00.
    Last time the hard drive went out, I was told it was a software issue, and asked to purchase a 250.00 software warranty... it was not a soft ware issue at all, once again the hard drive was in failure after taking the product to computer shop to have diagnosed.

• Ke
    Ken430TX Aug 02, 2011

45 days after I purchased this for $599 the hard-drive failed. The Dell people refused to replace the machine even though under full warranty and had me mail it to Houston. 10 days later it was returned and would not even boot after their "repairs!" Called Dell again, and they offered to replace with a "refurbished" machine! Went round and round with a supervisor and finally took the machine as it was better than nothing. Now almost exactly a year after I received the refurbished machine, the hard drive on this has also failed. Dell with do nothing! Two letters to Michael Dell with NO response! I had bought Dell products for the past 15 years. This is my last Dell purchase. I am also a corporate buyer for our company. Bought as many as 150 Dells a year. Now all NEW models are HP's. No more Dell's will enter our buildings! Save your money, buy anything else! Dell, hire people on your help lines that can speak and understand English!

• Df
    dfarrelljr Mar 02, 2011

In the most simple terms...

Laptop would not charge from AC adapter. Replaced AC adapter. Battery Failed. Replaced Battery. Laptop would not charge from AC adapter, again. Assured problem was still Adapter/Battery. Researched problem was defective motherboard. Fought to send it back, since it was under warranty. Computer returned with new battery and adapter...

After a month or two. Laptop would not charge from AC adapter. Replaced AC adapter. Battery Failed. Replaced Battery. Laptop would not charge from AC adapter, again.

Out of warranty. My problem.

I will never--- NEVER ---- use Dell again. For home or company.

Thanks for the piece of junk. Anyone else have similar problems?! I am sure, as it lights up Google as a very well known problem when I search it. Class action, anyone?

• Hn
    hnmehta Oct 27, 2010

I had bought a Dell Laptop Inspiron 1525, about a year back. Since I got the laptop, it always had issues with the heat sink. I had called up and sent the laptop for change in heat sink twice, and did an extended warranty of 3 years as I could not afford a new laptop and also I was assured that the problem would not reoccur, but it has been consistent and reappears after about 3 months. When I called up again, they transfered me to Senior Support Resolver, who was apparently the last point of consumer complaint and he could resolve it.
    Now talking to him I realized that not only he knew there was a problem with the machine but he was not ready to accept that. On top of that he was rude and insulted on a personal level. To make matter worse he hung up and said if i wanted i could complain to the Dell Legal Department ( If the products are so bad, we can guess how good the legal department would be). No solution was reached and I am still stuck with a crappy machine and there is no other legal procedure which I can pursue.

fraustedaboutDELL INC Sep 26, 2010

To Stealth Pilot. No harm done. Thanks, I've already gone directly to Dell Inc. for the help I need. Also, I did describe the issues with my product (check original post) The next stage is a civil case. Which I don't think you can help me with. Thanks all the same.

I do want to state for the record that I disagree with your first comment, which is that 99.9% of problems is the user's fault- WRONG. Laptops and Desktops have been purchased and in use for over 2 decades now. A vast majority of people in the world know how to operate a laptop, if it has been designed and assembled correctly by the manufacturer.

It is naive of you to believe that the substantial failure of many of Dell products is due to the method of use by the thousands of people who have purchased products from Dell Inc.

I can understand if 1 or 2 people have issues but if thousands of strangers, who have never met but who purchased the same product have identical faults/issues, it indicates that Dell intentionally sells and assemble their products with old and defective parts so as to save on inventory costs and be unjustly rich.

Anyone has an unpleasant experience please email me so I can send you a form I have prepared. I will submit those forms to a judge in the District Court.

Thanks and God bless!

fraustedaboutDELL INC Sep 26, 2010

Dear Mr or Mrs STEALTH PILOT. You must be a Dell Inc employee. I specifically posted this note for CUSTOMERS who are having issues with Inspiron 1525 or any other Inpsiron brand.

I've tried resolving issues with your company but to no avail. Don't worry, you'll have your say in court. Just step aside for now so customers who have experienced your disgraceful service and appalling products can SPEAK UP.

Thanks for stopping by though, I do appreciate your time. :D

fraustedaboutDELL INC Sep 26, 2010

Hello!! I notice you are having Dell Inc problems with Inspiron. I too purchased an Inspiron 1525 that's had several issues since purchasing it in 2017. Including overheating, random shut downs, lines across the screen etc. The Inspiron brand is faulty.

I would like to submit a complaint to a District Court since Dell Inc. have not made efforts to rectify the faulty nature of their Inspiron line. They are liars and rip offs. My complaint will pave the way for others who have suffered at the hands of Dell Inc to automatically file a claim.

I have prepared a form for all those who have had issues with their Inspiron product and issues with Dell Inc customer service to fill out and mail. The cost for mailing will be provided. It's time we stand up to these crooks.

fraustedaboutDELL INC Sep 26, 2010

I have had numerous issues with my Dell Inspiron 1525 since purchasing it in July 2017. My experience with Dell Inc is that they cut corners with the equipment/parts used to assemble their laptops. Their motherboards do not adequately perform, as advertised and are faulty. It's almost as if they use old parts from old computers to build their laptops. Hence the numerous issues.

I have decided to sue Dell Inc. for the faults of my Inspiron 1525 and for their deceptive and fraudulent practices.

Please send me an email ([email protected]) or respond to this post- about your experience with the Dell Inspiron 1525 or any other Inspiron products you purchased that is not performing as it should. Please also include how Dell Inc. went about resolving the issues you reported about the product.

Please indicate if you are willing to testify in court or to send in a sworn affidavit about the issues with your Inspiron product and Dell's attitude towards your complaints.

This company has spent several years ripping people up. Let us stand up to them.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

You can either respond to this posting (PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS). OR you can email me directly : [email protected]

javed ameen shaikh Sep 11, 2009

i am using dell inspiron 1525 and i am getting a problem of fast heating and turning of my laptop instantly at any time and while writing a DVD it get out of main memory and restarts so i am unable to write a DVD and at that time before restarting a blue scree comes telling somthin about my main memory. plz help me to get rid of these problems
    and all these problems is coming from the 1st day i purchased my laptop, i called the service center but i got no reply

• Da
    David Nov 28, 2008

This Dell 1525 does not work very well. If your looking to buy a laptop try to go with Toshiba. In the Dell 1525 the mouse sometimes never works, the laptop is slow, and the screen is not that bright.

-David-