Menu

Dell  -  Dell precision 3450 desktop

A
Author of the complaint
4:22 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dell computer – An EXPERIENCE from the NETHERWORLD

Precision 3450 SFF BTX BASE

This is a micro tower machine.

I’d like to post my service experience with this.

Two identical machines, bought in July and August 2021.

Within two months, they started to FREEZE randomly (no mouse ability, no keyboard ability, no CTL-ALT-DEL ability), requiring power down, and restart, and sometimes recovery.

I started service request with Dell.

I have about 40 years experience with computers, have built them in the past, so I tried to work with support do do various diagnostics.

That turned into

Multiple reloads of factory image

Multiple reloads of Windows 10 pro

Multiple repeated sequence of all the required updates, both Dell and Microsoft Windows.

A RETURN of both machines for factory evaluation.

One machine was returned with just “operating system reinstalled”

One macihne was returned with “main logic board replaced”.

the one with main logic board, restarted it, and again FROZE.

Same sequence, multiple freezes, etc.

Finally dell agreed to swap the machine.

Swapped the machine, just received it back, and within two hours it FROZE (approx. march 7 2022).

AMD card despite being installed, does NOT SHOW UP in device drivers.

Dell support is again saying I have to go through diagnostics, etc, as it is beyond any time to refund this.

SO FAR, we have 81 (eighty one) hours of phone time (I assist my sister, two hours away, in setting up her machines.)

I have at least 148 (one hundred forty eight) PRIMARY posts in the support thread, with initial support (that does not count the TIME to type up detailed responses, and the re-replies of support, or me).

Here is Michael Dell’s corporate mission, upon resuming control of the company, in year 2013

--------------------------------------

Focus on serving customers

Our focus remains squarely on our customers, creating value in their lives and for their organizations. We will continue to deliver a best-in-class customer experience and our top priority is to ensure that customers’ needs are met.

---------------------------------------

We have logged this with Better Business Bureau. (still ongoing).

I have also sent a priority mail box with the full issue, to Michael Dell’s corporate headquarters in Texas.

I’d like to know if

EIGHTY ONE HOURS of diagnostic phone calls

And

ONE HUNDRED FORTY EIGHT support interactions

Is how a company focuses on serving customers.

And the FREEZING in this model (maybe others?) is not unique; another post, in my initial thread on dell, had another user who got two machines, had freezing issues, and she immediately notified dell, and they REPLACED the machines.

So, anyway, wanted to post this, so others can see what you might run into, if you get a Dell machine, if it runs into issues, you may want to IMMEDIATELY request refund or replacement, because if the issue continues, you may run into my scenario above.

More Dell complaints & reviews

Dell - hard drive failures
Dell - defective tv, poor service
Dell - dell is a scam
Dell - defective product - horrible service
Dell - dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back!
Dell - dell gold support