Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Unauthorized Charges Dealmax.com Unauthorized charges!

Dealmax.com - Unauthorized charges!

Author of the complaint
10:03 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I checked my bank account and noticed that there were 3 different transactions on my account, that I never authorized, this caused my account to be overdrawn.

Beware people!

98 comments
R
Jun 09, 2016 10:03 am

In March 2009 & April 2009 I noticed 2 $19.95 transactions that
automatically came out of my checking acct. I did not authorize
this and because of these charges I was overdrawn both months, which was an additional $25. a month. I found out who this company
was & cancelled. I never signed up for their services & don't know how they got my bank account #. I would like to be reimbursed for the 2 Charges of $19.95 & also for the $50. I had to pay because of being
overdrawn.

My name is Randi Janoff. My e-mail address is "[email protected]"

B
Jun 07, 2016 10:03 am

You charged my debit account without my authorization. Want refund RSVP. This outrages. Is that why there is no one to speak with when soneone calls your 800 number? A respnse would be appreciated.

This company is affiliated with other online companies and is charging
your credit card illegally. It seems to be 19.95/month.

I noticed it today for the first time on my CC electronic statment,
it appears to blend in with other stuff you might have on your
credit card and doesn't stand out.

Mine has had changing dates ranging from the 18, 19, 15 of the month.

When I called the compnay to inquire I was hung upon a couple of times.
Then the compnay switched me to some other people and when I stated
I didn't authorize this they said yes I did.

I had to point out these were fraudulent charges and a web search
confirmed this is an ongoing problem.

NOTE: DLMax or DealMax is affiliated with over 70 other companites.

R
Jun 07, 2016 10:03 am

I contacted them at [protected] and talked to someone about how I didn't know what I was signing up for and that it was extremely unfair to take money out for use on a website that I am never going to log on to! They took 39.90 out of my account and offered to put 19 back into my account. I said no, I want the full amount back in. They transfered me to a supervisor who I explained my situation to, and she said the full amount should be back in 2 business days. we will see if that happens...also, make sure you write down the name and employee number with the people you speak to. You never know if they are truly going to transfer the first time or hang up and hope you don't call back so they can keep your money. Stay on them! If you have to threaten these people with legal action, going to the BBB or writing up complaints like this one and warning all your friends...stay away from Deal max, and all other websites that offer too good to be true offers and ask for your credit card numbers. Don't even go there!

Jun 07, 2016 10:03 am

This dumb dealmax has Charged my checking account fee and, etc, things that i do not want, and Iam sick of this < first of all their people are foregoings. You cant understand a thing they say, they cant even call you by the right name.

N
Jun 07, 2016 10:03 am

Dealmax obtained my credit card info fraudulently, and proceeded to deduct payments of $1.00 and $29.95 each month. When I called to complain, they were obviously used to such complaints and immediately offered to reimburse one month; the supervisor acted like she was doing me a favor by reimbursing two months. When I asked for the next supervisor in the hierarchy she refused to transfer my call, claiming there wasn't a higher supervisor. Ridiculous!

Jun 07, 2016 10:03 am

I have no idea who or what this company is. I did not order but they have charged my bank account $1.00 & then $29.95 . These people need to be shut down & prosecuted. I called the phone number on my bank statement & cancelled by a recording.
Unfortunately I didn't notice the charge until today & called my bank for current transactions & they've soaked me again for this month.

Jun 07, 2016 10:03 am

It appears Dealmax ( who I've never even heard of ) tried to charge my Greendot credit card seven (7) different times. Each time they tried to charge me 29.95. Who are they? Thank goodness I got a greendot for just this reason, so ### scammers c/n take my hard earned cash... Since the card was all but empty, they got nothing. But I'm sure there are others who have actually had their cash and maybe identity stripped. So my humble suggestion to the online community is this: although it may cost a few $ to load a greendot it's a lot cheaper then getting charged $30 seven times... I wonder if these " declined" charges will affect my credit rating or my good name with Greendot?

Jun 07, 2016 10:03 am

I just noticed a 19.95 charge from "Dealmax". Have emailed them, as they do have a "contact us" on their website. They are a scam, obviously. HOw do they get credit card numbers?

J
Jun 03, 2016 10:03 am

A company calling itself Dealmax has been taking nearly $70 a month out of my checking account without my authorization causing some checks to bounce! Another company exactly like dealmax called "passport to fun" did the exact same thing for the same amount at the same time each month also charging $70!

Stay away from them! The police should investigate this scam where the people working there don't even use real names and only cite an employee i.d. Also they don't have a street address only a po box and they don't want to give the address out for that either!

Something must be done about this scam right away! They owe me over $1, 400.00 right now and I want that money back!

If the same has happened to you please send me an email!

Thanks

May 17, 2009 10:03 am

I bought a product over the internet and I did receive the free trial offer a week later. But the day after the orginal purchase Dealmax appears on my account as a debit and the hell if I knoe who they are. I do not even know what service they provide/product they sell. The toll free # requests my card info before I can get anyone on the phone. So what I did was cancell my debit card linking them to my account and issued a complaint for refund to my bank.

L
Apr 20, 2008 10:03 am

I have undetermined charges to my account billed as dealmax. I don't even know what it is. Please respond so I will know which direction to go in to stop this from happening again.

May 27, 2008 10:03 am

Found unauthorized charges on c.c. starting (5-16-08). from dealmax and others. Like juno.com----passportfun--------yoursavingsclub.com---and one from a news paper of someone sellin puppies. We repoted our card stoled.but what a headache to be charged somthing you didn't do. One of the companys gave me the e-mail of the person useing our card...For everyones [email protected] you see this its frud...

Apr 11, 2008 10:03 am

took money without authorization about 100.00 worth of charges

0 0

Withdrawal of $19.95 - not authorized.

0 0

these scammers are hooked up with my credithealth.com, they are doing the same scam

Jun 12, 2009 10:03 am

I have 2 unauthorized charges debited from my bank account. Is there a way to get this stopped?

I
May 13, 2009 10:03 am

They stole money out of my account and left me stuck with paying $110 overdraft fees

Mar 08, 2009 10:03 am

They charged my credit card and I didnt tell them too

Feb 01, 2009 10:03 am

I didnot authorize DealSmart to take $1.00 from my account and want it put back in it.

T
Jan 07, 2009 10:03 am

they charged my credit card 29.95 and i want it reversed

0 0

was billed to credit card without permission

Nov 24, 2008 10:03 am

Charged my CC without my knowledge
Can not get ahold of any one

Sep 19, 2008 10:03 am

Money being taken out of my bank acct without consent. I joined nothing.

Jul 14, 2008 10:03 am

I want to know how I can get this credited back to my checking account

Jun 15, 2008 10:03 am

unauthorised bills i did'nt order

B
May 18, 2008 10:03 am

I have never heard of this co. I got a bill fir $19.95 charged to my account!

C
Feb 28, 2008 10:03 am

Like I said before they tried to charge my credit card but thank God my card declined the charge.

This company is affiliated with other online companies and is charging
your credit card illegally. It seems to be 19.95/month.

I noticed it today for the first time on my CC electronic statment,
it appears to blend in with other stuff you might have on your
credit card and doesn't stand out.

Mine has had changing dates ranging from the 18, 19, 15 of the month.

When I called the compnay to inquire I was hung upon a couple of times.
Then the compnay switched me to some other people and when I stated
I didn't authorize this they said yes I did.

I had to point out these were fraudulent charges and a web search
confirmed this is an ongoing problem.

NOTE: DLMax or DealMax is affiliated with over 70 other companites.

N
Mar 28, 2008 10:03 am

I noticed a mysterious charge on my credit card statement for a company I'd never heard of. In checking, I found that it was a "membership" to DEALMAX. I never "joined" this, and still do not know how they got my number. It has been impossible to contact them. I had to cancel the card to keep from having the $19.95 charge levied monthly. Right now, the bank has given me a "90 day provisional return" on this, while thye investigate it. I am enraged that such stealth is allowed to prey on people. This company is SLIME.

Apr 18, 2008 10:03 am

There was a charge on my cc for $19.95 which I did not authorize. The charge was on a date I was out of the country! I called and got an employee name and id#. The employee told me the charges would be reversed--we shall see. I have no idea how they got my cc# in the first place. 04/19/08

Aug 27, 2008 10:03 am

Charges from Dealmax started appearing on my credit card statement without warning, never having had any contact with the company. I'm grateful that Citybank's early warning alert system worked!

Sep 12, 2008 10:03 am

DealMax info: based in Houston Tx. Address: PO Box 5152 Des Planes IL 60017. Phone #:[protected]. Website: www.mydealmax.com. When asked for CC #, enter a bunch of zeros and hit the # button. It will transfer you to an operator after several minutes. I talked with a 'Raymond' ID#:26090 (that's what he gave me). He is in Montreal Canada. The charges that I incurred where thru a Walmart free 25.00 gift card offer I received via email (I had no idea I received the email on 9/4/08). There was a charge of 29.95 plus 1.00 charge. I told Ralymond that I did not authorize that charge. He said he would remove it within 2 to 3 business days.

There so info for ya. Hope this helps anyone else out with charges from DEALMAX.

Sep 30, 2008 10:03 am

Charges on my debit card no ideal how they even got my numbers.

Nov 06, 2008 10:03 am

Like so many others, my debit card (company debit card at that) showed up with unauthorized charges in the amount of $29.95 on 11/05. Being an attorney, I immediately began to research the matter. Here is what I found out:

They are a company that "offers" trial memberships for savings programs (gift cards, etc.). For "trying" their program they offer to send you a Wal-Mart gift card or something similar. But here is the problem - I never heard about them nor accepted any free trial. So I spoke to a supervisor on the phone (named Gloria - ID# 4789). She said the offer was generated and accepted from a pop-up advertisement offer I would have had to agree to. But I never entered any information much less agreed to a trial program like this. Lesson learned - after every internet use clear your cookies and saved information! Their pop-up automatically looks into your cookies for information previously entered and populates the required fields and then if you click the wrong button to say ok to the offer they have all info and make the charges. This is deceptive and they could very well be prosecuted for it I am sure. However with such small charges noone is likely to go after them as most people who are irrate about it they will simply refund - end of story and they go on to the next victim. They immediately offered to refund my money and after doing so, I asked for some information to proceed further with these scam artists. There website is above. Their phone number is [protected]. It gives you a recording and options. Press 1 to enter your "membership #" (of course you do not know what your membership # is), so just enter 12345. It will confirm 12345 and then send you to a live operator who will first ask for your email address. I would not give mine. I gave only my first and last name which she was able to get the information with and promptly offered a refund and an apology. Then, I spoke to the supervisor (Gloria) and asked her how they got the info (she told me from a pop-up offer). I asked for their address and she gave me:

PO BOX 5152
DES PLAINES, IL 60017

So I asked for a physical address (other than a PO Box) and she gave me:

9500 WEST DODGE ROAD
OMAHA, NE 68114

Definitely has all the signs of a shady scamming organization and while I resolved my problem, it sucks that they are hitting others with it - some that may not even notice immediately. Hope the information above can help others. Remember clear your internet cookies, don't accept pop-up offers and never "confirm" your bank account number over the phone unless you called the party and actually know who they are/what their company is. Good luck all.

Dec 01, 2008 10:03 am

Dealmax got a hold of my credit card number through Vitacost.com. I told them that I never signed up for anything and they told me that I should have know because the charges appeared on my bank statement.At first the customer service agent told me that they could not find me in their system when I gave my information, but then I started giving that person the #s on the bank debit line and they found me.

I think that they were playing dumb so that the charges would go on. They were difficult to deal with and at first level of customer service wanted to only give me back 1 charge of $19.95 back. At the 2nd level they said that they wouldn't do anything more because in so many words 'it was my fault'. I told them that I was going to report them to the BBB and the customer svc manager said 'well Ok then one more charge returned'.

I had originally thought that there were 3 charges of $19.95 and they didn't tell me otherwise. It took me a while just to find out who they were and who gave them my credit card #. They finally spilled the beans that it was Vitacost.com. They also only gave first names. Later on I found that they had actually charged me 5 times. I did a search for their name on Washington mutual's website to find this. I also talked to Vitacost and they basically said 'it's your fault' also.

F
Mar 29, 2009 10:03 am

My account has been charged $19.95 under the company name DEALMAX which I did NOT authorize. Please contact me by e-mail: [email protected] to inform me how to have these charges reversed and stop charging my debit card.

Fang-Chun Liu

Apr 09, 2009 10:03 am

They charged 19.95 to my charge card without my authorization.

Somehow that got hold of my credit card. I registered for a caress sweepstakes for a free walmart gift card for 100.00. When they charged my I incured an overdraft for 118.00. They credtied me for the 19.95, but refused to efund my overdraft fee.
Help!

C
Aug 08, 2009 10:03 am

I noticed an unauthorized charge on my bank account periodically over a span of time. Afyer investigating, I discovered it was a charge I had NOT authorized! This type of embezzelment needs to be stopped!

0 0

This company grabs your personal information and then starts charging your debit account for $19.95 per month or $23.95 per month. They claim that you signed up for their membership, but they can't provide proof that you did sign up. Has anybody had any luck getting their money back or stopping them from doing this? A bunch of crooks running this company.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

23 complaints