Dealfind.comDealfind.com website and Calabogie Lodge Resort partnership for unfair business practice

I bought a voucher from Dealfind.com website for Calabogie Lodge Resort. In the voucher they say that we should attend an "orientation and tour of the resort". I am used to participate in such activity, as I was in many other holidays where a guide present s the resort and attractions. But, when trying to book the stay, I found that if we miss attending the “presentation” Calabogie will charge my credit card with more than 200 dollars. This condition of participation never appears in the written information available about the voucher in the sources available. I believe that all the conditions linked to a certain promotion should be officially available for the client so you can choose having all information before buying. More, I wrote 3 emails to Calabogie trying to get a written information about the costly “punishment” of not attending what proves to be an experimental group of publicity but they never wrote back the answer. I tried also to get my money back from Dealfind but they are rude and happy to still your money. So, I suddenly felt in a trap! I was so frustrated and angry!!!
If you are among the buyers of these vouchers there are some more things to know :
1.If you have small baby as we do, they say in the voucher that you must provide a caregiver so both parents are able to attend the presentation. It comes that you have to bring nanny with you, so you can end paying even more for your stay in the resort than if buying the usual accommodation
2.Calabogie Lodge Resort answers after days to your emails, and Dealfind never answers. The Calabogie Resort phone provided in the voucher doesn’t work sometimes and they don’t have a person to take the phone calls when the other is left. All these are disrespectful to the client. You have to be very insistent to find them. The whole process of trying to book the stay and clarify the situation started on 8th December and finished on 19th of December when I received the last email from Calabogie Lodge Resort avoiding my direct questions about the amount of money they charge for not attending the presentation.
3.You drive few hours to Calabogie and arrive maybe in the middle of the day hoping that you will spend a whole peaceful second day with your family. But next day you have to cook your breakfast, and then attend a 1 ½ h of what proves to be a forced publicity for buying a vacation ownership as far as I understood. That starts with 10 in the morning, so it steals half of your day.
So, in my opinion, this so-called “promotion” (!?) is a very poor marketing strategy from Calabogie . At least in the case of my family, they succeeded in pushing us away, we will never be interested even to see Calabogie Lodge Resort and we will always say what happened to us! It is quite a pity that Calabogie hides behind a tourism offer a very disappointing and aggressive publicity, hoping that they will have long term clients for that! In the case of both companies, this voucher represents a misleading advertising, a very deceptive marketing practice and an unfair business practice.
After I understood I am in a trap, I read hundred reviews about Dealfind and I saw the movie on Marketplace showing hundred of people tricked by this website. So pity I didn’t read them before, and I wander if Calabogie management read them while entering the partnership with this company.
I wonder also if these people can still from our pockets having the law in their hands, because the way they behave looks like they have no doubt. I will try to find that, and even if I didn’t loose a huge amount of money I really think that these small sums of money they get fatten their pockets, and these kind of situations should never exist, at least in Canada. They base on our lack of time and energy for trying to find the legal answers to these situations.
And you know. this voucher should have been a nice Christmas present for my family!

• He
    Heshker Dec 19, 2011

This site is not just hazardous to companies but, also, to customers. They are notorious for taking money but not solving issues such as the flying fish promo from WidgetLove.com. They do specialize in a runaround and avoiding refunds with the sketchy companies they do business with. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Spread this to your friends, make it go viral and show companies such as this that consumers can and will protect themselves.

• Co
    consat Jan 16, 2012

I too am waiting for the goods ordered through Dealfind and Widgetlove.com. To date no response.

• Ko
    Koope Feb 08, 2012

I bought a coupon from Dealfind. The service was really bad - it was advertised as a Studio and Spa, but really it was a place for manicurist students to practice (there weren't even any teachers there), so my nails are ruined. I contacted Dealfind three times, asking them to look into it and asking for a refund. They replied that they will get back to me, but they have not after 33 days. BEWARE of Dealfind. A terrible, unreliable company.

• Co
    Cobbe Mar 30, 2012

Dealfind is a SCAM!! I've purchased close to $300 worth of vouchers for skydiving & other gourmet food items, and guess what? These companies are either out of business or shady. I haven't received any of the items I ordered and the skydiving company CANNOT be reached!! DealFind isn't responding to my emails and am still holding (1hour) for the 'next available agent'. Never EVER purchase vouchers from them.

• Ra
    Ramule Apr 12, 2012

Worst experience ever, as buyer never get the service done, refund in DEALFIND DOLLARS ... WTF... and all this after 2 weeks of calls waiting 15 minutes on hold every call, don't use is a real scam!!!

• Ok
    Okele May 06, 2012

I bought two coupons from deal find or one company Enviro tech, they didnt show up and now they are not picking any calls. and Deal find is refusing to refund. Please be careful while buying any coupon from them.

• Ko
    Komine Jun 19, 2012

Emailed them for a refund for an unused voucher that I bought, but changed my mind and wasn't going to used it, so the next day emailed Dealfind for a refund. Got a "we received your email" message, but no one followed up. So I emailed again and have not heard from them.

• Sm
    Smerse Jun 26, 2012

Of the few dealfind deals I have purchases, only one has turned out to be completely legitimate. All others including laser hair removal, laser acne treatments, window washing and toothbrush heads have been bogus - the retailer has not lived up to their end of the bargain. I probably should have learned after the first bad experience, but I just kept trying. No more.

• bad-owner Jun 30, 2012

Michael Weldman <[email protected]>

• Al
    Alukape Jul 18, 2012

I ordered $10 for 2 Hanging Tomato Planters, Including Taxes and Shipping from Track Your Deal ($60 Value) - guess what, I did not get them! Customer support is horrible, they do not know anything and you cannot get your money back, call your credit card. I will never use it again!

• Cs
    CSDealfind Jul 24, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for your post. We sincerely apologize for any delay, as this is not the standard we want for our customers. The merchant has assured us that all orders have been shipped out. If you could please provide me with your order number, I will follow up on your product immediately.

Thank you for your help and thank you for using Dealfind.

Angelina
    CSM
    Dealfind

• Vr
    Vroman Aug 29, 2012

Bought an LED board for my grandson and it got shipped from Hong Kong? Need I say more? I could've bought it from a dollar store. Not to mention the marker that came with it was dry. They suggested I buy new markers. Product looked nothing like the picture they advertised.

• Ni
    Nikachou Sep 11, 2012

This website and the "deals" I've gotten from it were a complete waste of my time. Not only have I been unable to get the housecleaning I paid for, they have refused to refund my money. Awful.

• Ta
    Taimike Oct 27, 2012

Bought a voucher coupon from Dealfind in Sept. Couldn't get in on their 1-888 number to reserve the room for Ramada. Notified the support team. They said they would gladly do it for me. That's the last I heard from them. I tried 4 times to rectify the problem but to no avail. Have since wanted the voucher canceled and credit card credited. Haven't heard a word from Dealfind.

• Cs
    CSDealfind Oct 30, 2012

Hi Taimike,

Thank you for your post. Can you please provide the email reference number you received from Dealfind. Once I have this number I will look into your inquiry immediately.

We apologize for any delay and thank you for your help in advance.

Angelina
    CSM
    Dealfind

• Jr
    jrcmommy5 Nov 06, 2012

I have been unhappy with everything I've ordered and I will never use this company again. Their products are all shipped from China and Taiwan and are so cheaply made that most are unusable or embarrassing. This company should be shut down. Buyer beware for sure!!!

Maurisse Dec 20, 2012

Dealfind is a scam. I purchased two items over a month and a half ago and have not received either product. They have not responded to my emails inevitably so purchase products from team buy. I can't even receive a refund. They even sent me an empty envelope for one product.

• Nm
    Nmailose Jan 07, 2013

Ordered product on Nov 11th, they said 2-3 weeks for delivery, we are Jan 5th and NOTHING!!! I've emailed "customer service" and still no response. WORST SERVICE EVER ... WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. I am now going site to site warning others!!!

• Ca
    carole senecal Apr 09, 2014

Did a deal with teambuy and havent gotten paid from them

• Ca
    Calgary custoner Jun 05, 2014

I have had 4 vouchers from Dealfind and 3 of these have not been honoured. In fact I was not able to get a refund for one of these as it was outside the 240 day limit (fine print in terms and conditions) although the voucher has a "no expiration "date on it.