Having problems with GearXS.com?

GearXS.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 18, 2009. The latest review 6-piece set: lexington ultra soft egyptian comfort sheet set was posted on Feb 7, 2018. The latest complaint Customer Service / Returns was resolved on Nov 18, 2014. GearXS.com has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 22 reviews. GearXS.com has resolved 7 complaints.

GearXS.com Customer Service Contacts

Thu10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Fri10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with GearXS.com Customer Service. Initial GearXS.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for GearXS.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about GearXS.com. Discuss the issues you have had with GearXS.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

GearXS.com Complaints & Reviews

GearXS.com6-piece set: lexington ultra soft egyptian comfort sheet set

I placed the order on 1/17/18 and paid by PayPal. On 1/18/18 I received an email stating my order has shipped. When I try to track the order on the UPS website, it states "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." I have sent 3 emails and have not received any response what so ever. I tried to call the number for customer service and only reach the voice mail which gives no option to leave a message. No matter what time of day it is. I also have attempted online chat which is never available. I am filing a complaint through PayPal in regards to this issue.

6-piece set: lexington ultra soft egyptian comfort sheet set
6-piece set: lexington ultra soft egyptian comfort sheet set

GearXS.comboot shapers are too slim to hold any boot

1/1/2018 14:50 PST - Buyer: I have written 3 emails to this company. I have written three comments on the PP resolution center with no response. The boot shapers are very small. I am certain that they know the have a substandard product! The only reason that I am pursuing this is because I want to save other buyers from this company. Their customer service is poor and so is the product. Thank you for your help.
    12/30/2017 05:18 PST - Buyer: Good morning, I have tried to contact you via gearxs.com with no response. I have called [protected] and I cannot speak to anyone or leave a message. I would like to return the boot shapers. Thank you
    12/26/2017 10:07 PST - Buyer: I have sent a request from the website for a return number but I have not heard from the company. I also called the [protected] but there is no option to speak to a real person. It is a message and then it hangs up. Will you please contact me about returning these boot shapers. Thank you.
    12/21/2017 17:44 PST - Buyer: These boot hangers are very slim and don't hold any of my boots. I tried to contact you on your website at this address http://www.gearxs.com/returns/guest/new/c but I only get an error message. I would like a full refund. Thank you

• Updated by jminichcastro · Jan 16, 2018

PayPal could not get them to answer the dispute. They have a 1/5 star BBB rating.

GearXS.comshipping time frames

Shipping times way off. Then I got this back when I complained: "Please note your order will be delivered within our shipping time frame. If you chose not to read the shipping time frame please do not fault us."

Thing is, these guys are insulting losers. I was completely within their time frame and they respond with that nonsense.

Recommend don't buy a thing from them.

• Updated by smtips · Dec 27, 2017

This is horrible and rude. I stand my ground. You know what you can do with yourself, and anyone looking on the net at reviews about GearXS will feel the same. Your comment was MILD compared to the way you've treated a lot of people. But nonetheless very offensive. Maybe you should go take some classes on customer service skills, because the response would have been a lot different from me if you knew anything at all about how to treat people.

• Ge
          GearXS Dec 27, 2017

Customer emailed us complaining that he would not receive the order before Christmas and that we were using a horrible service UPS. We understand the frustration of not receiving packages before Christmas however we did not guarantee delivery before Christmas. I reminded customer of our timeframe. A company should not be held at fault or receive a bad review when they shipped and delivered on time and in this case before our deadline.

GearXS.comhaven't received item and won't respond

Placed order on 4-18-17, was given an order #, but items were never shipped. After numerous emails and filling out their contact us forms, I still haven't heard from them, rec'd items or gotten a return email. They've been paid. The item still shows on their website as in stock
        The items were ordered last fall and were out-of stock and I was given store credit for 2 units. I saw the same items ' sharper image® 9" 3-function dual window fan with remote ds-tsi-wf261-wht' listed this april as in stock on their website and for the same price and ordered them (2 of them) immediately. Since then I haven't receiver the items, no tracking # or even an email explaining what happened.
        I've also opened a case with the illinois bbb

GearXS.comhave not received the item I ordered

I placed an order 2 weeks ago and have not received yet. The payment was deducted from my bank account on May 9th. I sent them 2 requests to customer service and never received a response. I called the number on their site and it was just a recording telling you to check the status of your order online. That evidently does not work. I would never recommend gearxs to anyone

GearXS.comSent Wrong Item & Wouldn't Send the Correct One

At Thanksgiving I bought some thick boot socks for hiking for about $8. 3-4 weeks later they sent me the entirely wrong item, a couple pairs of thin sport type socks. I asked for them to send me the correct boot socks and a prepaid shipping label and I would be more than happy to drop the wrong items back in the mail for them. They asked me for photos of the shipping label. I took & emailed (2nd email at this time) them the photos and they said how about a 10% discount. I told them I didn't want 0.80 cents back for socks I don't want or can even use. I emailed them again and they finally said they would send the correct pair of socks. Problem finally solved, right? WRONG!
            Well, a few days later I never received a tracking number so I decided to check on the progress. Turns out they had not mailed me the correct socks because they were sold out. Why would you promise me an item the week before that you don't have in stock? Liars. Then they offered me a 20% discount this time to keep the thin socks I didn't want or need. Completely fed up with having to email them 4 times already, I told them I didn't want $1.60 back and that either they refund my entire purchase or they can give me 60% off and I'll keep the damn socks they sent me. I said if they don't credit me my 60% by next week I'm going to call my credit card company and have them issue a charge back for not sending the correct item I had paid for (I read that they CC company would charge the company at least $20 when this is done for the charge back process). Gears finally said okay and I checked my CC statement the next week. I FINALLY had my credit but frack, it was the BIGGEST damn hassle for a couple pairs of socks. Five or six emails, I had to take photos of the mailing label and socks... what a complete waste of time! I WILL NEVER BUY A PRODUCT FROM THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. I should have said give me a 100% refund for all the trouble I had to go through. They are a joke.

GearXS.com — Mystery Box

I purchased a mystery box upgrade for 49.95, They said it would be things like wireless speaker, jewelry...

GearXS.com — Batteries-Fraudulent Advertising

They advertised the batteries as alkaline. When I got them they 1) Did not say Alkaline and 2) they said...

GearXS.comApex Android Tablet Shipment

On 11/27/15 I placed on online order for an Apex tablet and paid using PayPal. The gearxs web site indicates that ship within 3 days. As of 12/5/15 I still had no received any communication (including a tracking number) regarding this order. As I had ordered this tablet for a Christmas gift, I decided to open a PayPal case, after reading online reviews about gearxs (something I should have done BEFORE I placed my order). On 12/7/15 either gearxs or PayPal posted an "update" on my claim. The "update" was no more than a reference to shipment tracking number. Gearxs didn't even bother to write one word regarding their lack of commitment to shipping an item already paid for--never mind them informing a repeat customer that his shipment was on the way. I checked the UPS tracking number. All the UPS information stated was that a "label" and intent to ship was created on 11/30/15. As of 12/9/15 that information still has changed (item had NOT been shipped). As others have pointed out on various online review sites, this company has a history of stalling shipments, refunds, etc. They seem to be masters of FLOATING OUR MONEY... I fully expect that my item will be shipped out on 12/12/15--the last day of the period that PayPal will allow me to escalate my case to a "claim." THINK TWICE (OR MORE) ABOUT DOING BUSINESS WITH THESE BANDITS. You might also want to do some research on this company. It is amazing to see what a web of aliases and companies they have with similar names. They not only float money, but their customer service is non-existent!!!

GearXS.comProduct not as described

That this company can survive is beyond the imagination. I bought some sort of socket adapter and after some time, it arrived. I immediately saw that it did not resemble the pictorial on their site and did not fit totally into my socket as it fell out when devices were plugged in.

After sending and receiving numerous emails, in offer to return it, they said I had to take a photo of the product as well as their shipping label and order number and send it to them. After more days, I just received another email asking me to return it "at my expense". I then contacted what they call customer support and without their listening to my questions, gave me scripted responses. All this for a lousy $8.99...

Finally I repeated to the young lady that as I promised in my last email, I am contacting PayPal and Amex and requesting a chargeback. After even more scripted answers, she in a fit of anger, said keep it and we will issue a refund in full in 5 days and hung up.

In my younger days on principal, I would have contacted every responsible agency related to this kind of business practice in hopes that they would act and save others from getting involved.

I would urge everyone to stay away.

Gearxs/Regal 1800 Series Deep Pocket 6 Piece Bed Sheet Set — False advertising

I ordered 100% cotton Regal 1800 Series Deep Pocket 6 Piece Bed Sheet Set. I received 100% polyester. Thi...

GearXS.comFAILED TO CREDIT MY RETURNS

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I BOUGHT 3 PAIR OF LEGGINGS AND SOME SOCKS FROM THEM. TWO OF THE LEGGINGS THAT WERE SENT WERE THE WRONG COLOR. AFTER TWO MONTHS OF TRYING TO GET THEM TO SEND ME THE RIGHT COLORS, I GAVE UP. ON JANUARY 30, 2014, I SENT PACK THE TWO WRONG COLORED LEGGINGS USING THE LABEL THAT THEY HAD SENT ME. THE PACKAGE ARRIVED AT THE COMPANY ON FEB 2, 2015. AS OF FEB 27, 2015, THIS COMPANY STILL HAS NOT CREDITED MY CREDIT CARD BACK FOR THE TWO LEGGINGS THAT I SENT BACK TO THEM. THEY ARE A BUNCH OF STALLERS AND LAIRS. I ONLY WISH I HAD KNOWN ABOUT THEIR DISHONESTLY BEFORE PURCHASING FROM THEM. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE COMPANY. USPS TRACKING NUMBER: [protected] 78.

GearXSCustomer Service / Returns

I have never dealt with a retail company that does not respond to customer service requests or emails. I requested an RMA on 09/17/2014 for a faulty product and did not receive an RMA email they stated they sent. After several emails to them I finally called and they sent it on 10/02/14. I did not ship right away because I had to leave out of town couple of weeks.

Since then I have emailed them several times using the email form on their gearxs.com with no responses.

Today I called and they tell me they had received the product but it was past the 30 days, but not once did they try and call me or email me to tell me that. I guess they assumed that I would just give them product and pay shipping on-top of that as a gift, because they made no effort to call me to tell me they had my RMA.

So now they tell me they can ship the faulty product back to me but I have to pay a restocking fee plus shipping. Now why would I want the same faulty product and pay a restocking fee for something they are not restocking. I already had to pay shipping to ship the product back to them that was received not working. It is a 26.00 order and but you can tell they have no intentions of improving their customer service if they cannot even make 1 customer happy with such a small order.

I would never order from their site and I highly advice that you do not purchase any types of electronics that can go faulty as you will end up losing your money. I could go on and on, but I am going to save some of this for all the other rating sites and make sure I spread this widely if I do not get my refund.

On another note if I had already passed the 30 days why didn't the rep tell me that it was too late but rather told me to ship it in for a refund making me spend money on shipping.

andyphoenix5 Dec 18, 2011

Ordered tower speaker in June of 2011 for $100+. Sent product back with RMA because it did not work. Have not received refund or replacement and it is December of 2011.

Gear XSMisrepresented Item, Refused Refund

Ordered two sets of "hotel quality 300-thread count" bed sheets on 7/2. Once sheets finally arrived three weeks later, they were no where near the quality advertised. Extremely thin, almost see-thru, and too small for a king-size bed. They had a very off-putting chemical smell that lingered on my hands even after hand washing. Contacted Gear XS for refund, was denied for "hygenic reasons." Contested the charge via PayPal and was finally refunded my money, although I did have to pay to send the sheets back. Lost $14 dollars and a lot of time. Would caution anyone from doing business with this company, as they will not stand behind their products at all, and if there is a problem you will be out money.

GearXS.comBad experience

I bought a Logitech mini mouse from this company on eBay. It quit working after a week. I had to send them two emails to ask for return instructions. They are slow to reply to a problem. Then, to get an RMA number, you have to follow 20 rules on their request page and fill out a lengthy form with information they already have. Then it takes two days to get a number. They don't refund return shipping and you have to pay shipping again on the replacement. The item price was fair but the shipping was more than the item price. If you buy from this company, you had better hope that you don't have a problem with your purchase.

• Su
                            sue walter Jun 30, 2016

Completely agree with this complaint, Ordered bedsheet that never arrived, Then was told out of stock, but the on website one can still order it.. OUT OF STOCK...Ha

• Sw
                            Swerbner Dec 26, 2015

You have been very disappointing with this gift. I have made other purchases & I expect you to handle this return quickley.
                            Sidney Werbner

• Sw
                            Swerbner Dec 26, 2015

I expected my surprise BUY before the end of Hanakah. It just arrived today. I would appreciate a return label because I do not want it any more now that it came after Xmas was over. I then want refund of $29.99 put back on my Discover Card -------
                            Last four #'s 2880. Please confirm & send me a return label. Sidney Werbner 4006 NW Gleneagles Pl. Portland, Or. 97229
                            Order # on the box it came in is OR 972-4-70X Tracking # eVS # under Bar code is [protected] 0125 17

The date on the box is GearXS 12/07/2015 & today is 12/26/2015. This box has gone to another address & was opened before reshipped to us.

• Ge
                            generalsnipe Nov 04, 2011

They never charge you for shipping it back to you. That is one of the reasons for you paying to ship it back. Only large companies can afford to offer free return shipping. It is a big bust in the wallet. it worked when they sent it, so it passed testing.

GearXSWorthless Customer Service

I purchased a disk from them. The disk arrived DOA. I requested a return, sent it back (at a cost 40% of the original cost) and they sent me another drive. This one also came DOA and was refurbished. I do NOT buy refurbished disks. Their policy is to play the send-a-bad-disk game until the customer is overwhelmed by the return shipping requirements and cost buildup. I am a return customer who has spent nearly $1000 with them. No more. Their "customer service" rep Kim is one nasty person to deal with.

GearXSScam

I placed an order totaling $80.00 on 12-5-10. I received an email on 12-9-10 stating that the merchandise had been shipped and a Fedex tracking number. The Fedex tracking site says that the information was received, but has not been picked up and is not in transit. I left a message using the company's website contact form requesting proof of shipment, or a refund. I have received no response. These people are scammers and thieves. Do not ever order anything from them.

• Cy
                                cynthia234 Oct 23, 2014

GEARXS

I purchased sheet set with pillow cases from GEARXS. Limited time offer one day only. Stated
                                the product was bamboo. No other fibers were mentioned. I received the package opened the
                                sheets and then realized that they were not bamboo. They were in fact 60 percent bamboo and 40 percent microfiber. I called customer service and they told me they could not refund any bedding
                                that had been opened. The fact that not all of the correct information had been presented in the advert was never a problem for them only the consumer.
                                They could only offer 10 percent refund. Imagine 10 percent refund on something I had
                                not imagined I ordered. I can only sleep in in natural fibers due to illnesses that I have.
                                Why is a company like this still in business?

GearXSReturn polices and more

GearXS recently ran a summer sale where they sold "Mystery boxes". These boxes have become popular purchases online and contain one or more items in them whose MSRP is higher than the purchase price. Generally this means clearing out inventory of odds and ends but customers can get very lucky occasionally. I signed up for the mystery box and paid an extra $20 to get something bigger and better. I wasn't worried as they clearly listed "100% satisfaction guarantee" and other paragraphs about being able to return the box of goods if unhappy. What I received was about $20 (MSRP) of junk. Broken items, useless items and small gadgets you'd get for signing up for a credit card (usb, flashlight, etc.). When I tried to get a refund it took them a month to approve it and another month to reply about the refund going through. But I did not get a refund. What I got was an e-mail telling me to call a number to apply store credit to my account. I have no interest in store credit and the original item clearly stated that I could get a refund. I understand that it is easy to be unsatisfied with a mystery box but these items were junk and they would not honor their statements.

• Ti
                                  Timbit Trac Jan 27, 2016

I would never try the mystery box because I don't like buying unknowns. But I have bought many things from GearXS, taking a chance on quality most of time time but overall, I have been happy with the products. You just got to be selective about what you buy from them. Most disappointing was 3 sports bags for $14.99 - complete junk and the rubber liner stinks like benzene. Did not bother returning. Other than that, all other purchase arrived and usually as expected. This company is not a scam.

• Jt
                                  j theis Jan 20, 2016

Should have read these first. No shipment for weeks after order but they charged me right away, no acknowledgement of request for cancellation. What a bunch of crooks! They should be investigated by the Illinois Attorney General's office. I would be happy to forego the money they got from me just to see them out of business

• Qw
                                  Qwyjibo May 25, 2012

Just recieved a Mystery box, and paid the extra $20 to get it upgraded. I've got to say this is a great way for the company to get rid of extra inventory nobody else would pay a dime for. I was thinking about returning it, but I've had problems w/ gearsx.com in the past (albeit minor) I will just swallow my pride and feel bad for the poor saps I give this crap to as "gifts".

Thanks gearxs.com!
                                  You're the best! /sarcasm

• Wb
                                  wbp47 Oct 27, 2011

I agree, GearXS claims they have a return policy, but in fact when you try to return something they just ignore you. I have been trying to return a defective item for over a month. I have filled out their RMA request form at least 4 times now. I never get an RMA #. Do not buy anything from these people!

• Le
                                  len12 Jan 24, 2011

This co. is scam. I ordered, shipment had a tracking #, I didnt recieve, it said delivered, fed ex never even came that day.. told them and they got cocky, out 60.00. FRAUD

• Fi
                                  Firelady Jan 04, 2011

This company is nothing but scam artists. They offer a "mystery box" and a satisfaction guarantee. When you request a refund and return, they never answer your email. Stay away!

GearXS.comPhony Terms and Conditions of Sale

Bought a "manufacturer refurbished" Logitech MX-3200 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse from them off eBay that was to be packaged in a plain box (as would be expected for a refurbed unit). The item received was NOT a mfg refurb but instead a store return which had a damaged box, various removed labels, no software or installation literature, no batteries, and the unit's serial number had been intentionally defaced by the seller to prevent registration or warranty claims. The keyboard was electronically locked up from a previous owner and I had to spend 45 minutes with the manufacturer's website "knowledge base" to figure out how to unlock the keyboard to make it work. Then the joke is that the company's 30 day return policy on ebay is supplemented by the REAL terms and conditions on the packing list that require the buyer to notify them within 48 hours, request an RMA, then pay for the return shipping, and "the decision to accept any return is purely at the discretion of GearXS management" as stated on the packing list. They will only give a store credit or replacement "either of the same product or a different product". Are they kidding? No! - They have the right to substitute "fine wine for vinegar". If you buy here make sure you use a credit card so you can dispute the charge if GearXS misrepresents the product.

GearXSNasty Customer Service

I ordered a mouse and then realized that it was not what I need. I called the company a few hours later when it opened at 10:am Central time, but there was no response for 20 minutes. When I finally got thru, I was told that the order had already been sent out and that I had no recourse but to accept the item and then return it, whereby I had to pay for shipping.

I can not believe what I was told. This company will make u eat whatever you ordered no matter the circumstances. DO NOT BUY from GEARXS.COM

• St
                                      stuart5 Jun 09, 2017

I received a box that was badly damaged. It was shipped that way because the other product in the big box was not damaged at all.
                                      I can't even get anyone in customer service to respond to my email.
                                      If you call the phone number they give you, you get a recording that tells you to send an email.
                                      They really don't want to deal with any customer problems.
                                      They sort of sound like United Airlines.
                                      I guess I should be happy they haven't tried to beat the [censor] out of me.

• Su