Dazzlewhite aka White Smile,Beuty Club (sic)Unauthorized withdrawls from bank accounts

S

To Whom It May Concern:

I observed an offer on AOL by Dazzlewhite for a teeth whitening product advertised @ $4.95 for S&H only. On Wednesday 9/16/2009 I examined my checking account and noticed numerous withdrawls by White Smile, Beuty Club (sic) in various amounts in the range of nearly $80 plus withdrawls for "Kit Access" for $8.95 coupled with other charges "currency adjustments" another scam because allegedly they have a firm in Canada. I engaged a subject "Falon" a customer rep, in an online chat. This rep was not forthcoming in information on how to get reimbursed until I mentioned I was reporting them to the Federal Trade Commission and other regulatory agencies and law enforcement. On Thurs 9/17 I responded to my financial institution and a officer of the bank and I called the various phone#'s [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected]. We called them twice and each called produced another customer rep announcing different company names. One rep very polite read off a scripted response and stated "she would take my complaint and forward it to "Corporate" 3600 Army Post Road, Des Moines, Iowa 50321. I was fortunate to catch this criminal enterprise and wonder how many people were scammed by these thieves! The only dazzle I received was from the bs the alleged reps gave me when I called. When I called it sounded as if they were operating out of cave in Afghanistan. Forget ACORN they have nothing on these people. So folks, beware!

• It
    its_only_me Sep 19, 2009

I ordered a SAMPLE of DazzleWhite for $4.95 (as advertised). On the phone the person tried to upsell me to a recurring subscription for $79+ which I vehemently rejected, saying I was only interested in the SAMPLE. I did NOT want to purchase anything else or to be put into an automatic billing of any kind. I repeated this a number of times!!

Obviously the person ignored and disregarded my request because now (like you) I see they have billed my credit card $79.28 for something I did not authorize. The padded envelope which contained my SAMPLE had no paperwork, no invoice, no billing.

I tried calling the phone number on my payment "details" page, only to get a recording that it was "after hours". The recording said to try Live Chat, but the pop-up javascript window at liveperson.net would never open. Very frustrating.

I've requested a refund through my credit card company. Hopefully, they will look into this marketing technique.

• Bi
    billmi Sep 20, 2009

Same issue as above.
    I ordered only the whitener and checked a box on the page stating I did NOT wish to join the beauty club.
    low and behold I have an 80 dollar charge for the club on my next bill.

BEWARE OF THIS PLACE
    The office is always closed and the chat is always unavailable

• Mi
    Michael669 Sep 21, 2009

These people are total crooks; it doesn't matter which box you check, they will continue to bill you til you call them and get a confirmation number; and only than because they know you will be watching your account every day, , , , what crooksssssss

Annie G Sep 26, 2009

Dazzlewhite - I have today 26 September tried to telephone the customer helplines and all of them just have a recorded message with office opening hours. These are not even those that are displayed on the website, again completely dishonourable and misleading . I have used the online chat (so called live help). Each time I did this I was informed that refunds cannot be made through this helpline because of security. I pointed out that they have my details and these would not need to be displayed but this was not received as viable. I have not received ANYTHING from this company not even the trial items and so consider the extractions from my account as fraudulent . The reply from the chat woman "Fallon" was that future orders have now been cancelled and claiming that I have received the goods! I will be informing the Federal Trade Commission, VISA, MASTERCARD and the international press as I think they have no intention of making a refund despite all their protestations of superb customer service. Does this company want to survive in these economically depressed times and do I really have to resort to company exposure? This will not rest here.

zimexlady Oct 02, 2009

YES, this is a scam. I have notified Bank of America that the "FREE" sample ad indicates that you can OPT to receive the monthly product shipment BUT I found out the hard way that it AUTOMATICALLY joins you up when you ask for the "FREE" samples. I, too, will contact the FTC. What a Motley Fool am I.

• Li
    Link89 Oct 05, 2009

EVERYONE THAT HAS HAD WITHDRAWS FROM THEIR BANK ACCOUNT FROM BEAUTY CLUB OR FITNESS PHARMACY CALL [protected] THEY CAN HELP YOU CANCEL THIS. THEY WILL TRY TO LIKE GIVE YOU DISCOUNTS AND STUFF BUT JUST INSIST IN CANCELING. HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU.

• In
    informd Oct 07, 2009

As a knowledgeable consumer, all you need to do is read the terms and conditions provided to you. It seems that this company did nothing wrong - and were simply billing you according to what you signed up for. Next time, perhaps you should take a minute to read through the terms and conditions you are accepting before purchasing a product and then complaining that you ended up having to pay for it.

zimexlady Oct 07, 2009

TO INFORMED: Do you think we victims would read the terms and miss the part about automaticly being signed up for six other product monthly sales? DUH

Charpaddy Oct 09, 2009

Totally a scam. TOTALLY. DO NOT DO THIS. EVER. They will be taking money out of your account FOREVER. And they are doing it to me WEEKLY!!!

zinje Oct 12, 2009

Call your bank and CANCEL your card. (say it's lost). Then REQUEST a new one.

Shadow772 Oct 12, 2009

I am a loser waiting for $$ refund. I will follow up. Canceled my debit/visa bank card.
    Total of my learning experience $84.12.

Shadow772 Oct 12, 2009

Total of my learning experience $84.12. Canceled bank card, waiting for refund. Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaalalalala.

• Ki
    KitDix Oct 13, 2009

I too have been well and truely scammed. There was no small print to say i was allowing them the priviledge to take money out of my acoount for no reason!!! Its true whn people say 'you dont get something for nothing' and now i know, that this scam was not only a rip off but the product didnt have any effect what so ever!! My bank have logged a dispute but its not looking great in my favour of getting my money back. I love people like the afore mentiond 'informd', do people like that think we are all stupid? Yeah i feel like an idiot for thinking that something on the internet was actually ligit, but to say that we knew we were going to be ripped off and then compalin about it later - we are all lacking in intelligence!! Good luck to all !!

• Da
    David Liddell Oct 13, 2009

same thing happening to me, got bank account details today and they took $79.28 out on the 24th Sept and again on 1st of October will be stopping the card tomorrow. They used two different names Healthsmile and Beutyclub.

• Su
    SummerBrooke Oct 13, 2009

Yeah I just signed up for it yesterday and i read so many forums of how they are a scam and to the couple comments above me that said we should read the terms and conditions, they should have shown us that we were going to get billed that much and second of all they advertised that it was free. I just now canceled my account i hope i still don't get charged cause i have NO MONEY litteraly

I can't believe people are so rude like that and have no feelings towards ripping people off.

• Ol
    olderanddumber Oct 19, 2009

First and LAST time I will ever buy online &%$#@ Three times now this "beutyclub" has charged $61.39 to my VISA! I tried this product because I couldn't afford to go to a dentist to have work done, and they used the name Healthsmile on one of those charges. Expensive lesson learned.

• Le
    Lesson101 Oct 21, 2009

READ THIS INFORMATION http://www.killphishing.com/historical-scam.htm

ChamberLady Oct 22, 2009

My daughter took my card and like many of your same complaints I'm dealing with something I didn't even order or authorize. I already dealt with my very helpful bank but now I'll probably be issued a new card. This is a headache that I will be dealing with for I'm sure a longer time than I wish.

• Mo
    M Orford Oct 27, 2009

Hi

I too seem to have become another person who hasn't received anything, but I have had money taken from my credit card. I want to put t a stop to this going any further. Who can I complain too??

Elaine M Oct 27, 2009

Well, I too got screwed. A sample of the product for $1.95. with no other obligations. on my bank card it says the merchant is; PRESTINE HEALTH, beuty club. I noticed they took out .06 one day, 1.95, then 2 weeks later $87.62. I reported my card stolen and tried to call the number bank gave me. 1.866.948.5508. the number don't even ring. had to file a fraud report. might get money back. but doubtful. NEVER, NEVER buy samples or TRIALS online. Put these scammers and thieves out of business!! am so tired of these foreigners defrauding the hard working American people.

Elaine M Oct 27, 2009

I just called the number that DAZZEL WHITE provided on this complaint board 1.888.948.5508. no one ever answers, just plays music and says an operator will be with you shortly, I am still holding its been42 minutes.

Elaine M Oct 27, 2009

Ok, after 53 minutes someone finally answered. You have to send the remaining product back to DazzelWhite to get refund. send with delivery confirmation. You will first have to call to cancel, 1.888.948.5508. They will e-mail you your original Order number which you have to put on the envelope when mailed. Product goes back to; Dazzel White
    P.O. Box 10233. Des Moines, IA. 50381. I just mailed mine out, I will keep you updated on my refund of $87.62. Good Luck to the rest of you. Elaine

• St
    Steve_D Oct 29, 2009

Hi Elaine,

Another person here who has fallen for this SCAM! Not just this, but also "AltaWhite" as these were both advertised on MSN!!!

Can you tell me what I need to do in order to send back the package? For instance do I need to include inside the package, order number, delivery number. Did you also have to send the package as Recorded Mail?

Its going to be harder for me becuase I live in the UK. Why the hell did'nt I read these forums before I gave them my credit card number!!! ARGHHHHH

• De
    dekeyser Nov 04, 2009

I CALLED THE NUMBER ABOVE, NO ONE ANSWERS! I ALSO CALLED [protected] AND GUESS WHAT, NO ONE ANSWERS! WHAT A FREAKING SCAM! There is no 24/7 live help on the web site either.

• Ek
    ekim1111 Nov 07, 2009

They are theives and I will do all to take them to court or anything else to get my money back. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNT!!!

• Ek
    ekim1111 Nov 07, 2009

I have spoke to you guys many times. You are a pain in the ### calling my everyday. I told them I don't want this product. Yet they continue to call many times. They are harrasing, and will steal your money every chance they get.

Your company should hang its head low. Shame on you and your practices, I hope you end up in Jail every person there you all deserve this.

go to HELL all of you at BEUTYCLUB [protected]

I never made a purchase how dare you charge my card after I told you not to.

I will become the biggest pain in the ### you ever met I promise you idiots there.

Mike

ANN;( Nov 08, 2009

THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE TAKI'N FOR ALL THERE MONEY... I MEAN OUR MONEY THAT THEY STOLE SO ILLEGALLY FROM US. This is such a piss off. same thing, ordered the free trial online, now i have been charged over 300.00 on my visa... and have never received any products. The visa company said it would not be in my best interest to cancel the card. lol nothing can ever be easy.

ANN;( Nov 08, 2009

THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE TAKIN FOR ALL OF THERE MONEY... I MEAN OUR MONEY THAT THEY ILLEGALLY STOLE FROM US. I ordered a free sample online. The next day I received a phone call about the molding trays or something like that, coast of 54.00. I said I was not interested. A week later I checked my bank statements... yeah they charged me for this stupid kit. It's been about a month since I ordered the free trial. It has coast me over 300.00 so far, and i've only received the free dazzle pen. ###. I guess buying products online is over for me. Goodluck to everyone who has to deal with this.

ANN;( Nov 08, 2009

oops i didn't think the first one posted.

byronRawlings Nov 09, 2009

Ok, so I fee for this scam too. I called the number which isn't toll free as they advertise. I had to wait about 10 minutes, then I spoke to an operator. I cancelled my order and got a cancellation number, asked for refund and I have an address for the uk and instructions which I will post for you

Return Instructions
    As per your request for Return Instructions. Please follow the Instructions below exactly as outlined when returning your product to ensure proper handling of refund. Make sure to select the return address for the applicable Country you live in..

1. Always make sure the product you are returning is within the 30 day Money Back Guarantee time.

2. Clearly mark your Original Order ID number on the outside of the package being returned.

3. Ask to insure the package against loss.

4. Always ask for a Return Tracking number. Keep this in safe spot for future reference if needed.

5. Address the package to the appropriate address. This is based on where you live.

PremiumWhite UNITED KINGDOM
    BTB Mailflight Ltd.,
    Unit 2B Viking Ind Est.,
    Hudson Road, Bedford MK41 OQB

I have had an email confirming my cancellation too. So fingers crossed.

Hey guys,

I fell for this too. I have managed to cancel it and asked for a refund, I will supply you guys with what I have done...

I called the uk branch on - [protected] I had to wait for about 10 minutes and then cancelled it. I then asked for a refund and they sent me an email with the process which i'll put below

Return Instructions

3. Ask to insure the package against loss.

Return Address for United States of America:

PremiumWhite UNITED KINGDOM
    BTB Mailflight Ltd.,
    Unit 2B Viking Ind Est.,
    Hudson Road, Bedford MK41 OQB

Make sure you do it or they will keep taking money

Hope this helps and good luck

Stop lying...

There is NO 24/7 live support team and your phone lines are NOT toll free. All Lies!

Just admit your a bunch of scammers, I will be sending it back but I don't expect a refund, scammers wont refund

Your a joke

• I have been ordering things online for years and have NEVER had any problems until I came across this company. I ordered a sample face cream and voila, I have three charges totalling over $200 canadian $$ on my visa card. Boy do I feel duped.
    I called my credit card company right away and she told me to call the company, request the name of the person with whom I speak, request a cancellation #, an address that I can return the unused product and then return the product(s) and keep a record of it all. After 30 days of sending the product they are suppose to refund the $$$. I won't hold my breath but will try it and see what happens. $200 plus is a lot of money for something I haven't received. A total scam. Avoid this company like the plague!!!

• Ke
    kerrie darby Nov 18, 2009

Read all the comments as of course reason im here i have been scammed...I cannot believe this company is still up and running bunch of horrible robbing weasels...They took £55.30 out of my account and yes i had agreed to pay postage on the item to Britian felt terrible when i realised what was happenin my bank acted straight away and we cancelled my bank card it is being investigated by the fraud department of my bank...I only wanted a little sample to try i never buy myself anything always for my daughter or partner cant believe they can get away from scamming people out of there wages and money they earned basically took food out my daughters mouth i really couldnt afford to loose that money but i have learnt my lesson and feel like a complete mug!

Sherrybuffet Dec 30, 2009

I wish I would have read this before I ever fell for this trap!!!Thanks for your helpfu hints...I will stop my card tomorrow!!! Sherry from La.

Dear John Bilski,
    How many of these denial letters have they paid you to write? I know you are an employee of this scuzy scam company, SHAME ON YOU!
    zimexlady

zimexlady Dec 30, 2009

A FACT; EVEN IF YOU GET A CANCELATION NUMBER, IT WILL NOT BE WORTH A RED CENT. FORGET ABOUT GETTING A REFUND. THIS COMPANY MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO FOLLOW THE "STEPS" REQUIRED TO GET THE SCAM STOPPED. BELIEVE ME, YOU WILL BE BILLED FOR MONTHS FOR PRODUCTS YOU NEVER HEARD OF. STEP ONE...CLOSE OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD (TELL THEM YOU LOST IT, IF NECESSARY). BANK OF AMERICA IS AWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS AND WILL ISSUE YOU A NEW CARD NUMBER JUST TO STOP THE FRAUDULANT CHARGES WHICH WILL RUN INTO HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS. STEP TWO: LEARN THIS LESSON...NEVER, EVER AGAIN ORDER A SAMPLE FROM THE INTERNET.
    STEP THREE: NEVER USE A DEBIT CARD...IF YOU DO, YOU MUST CLOSE YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY OR BE PREPARED TO BE BILLED HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FOR PRODUCTS WHICH YOU NEVER HEARD OF, NEVER ORDERED AND CANNOT STOP.

zimexlady Dec 30, 2009

THE AMAZING THING IS, AS SO MANY OF US HAVE FILED REPORTS WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, NOTHING SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN DONE. WHAT IS OUR GOVERNMENT FOR? HOW MANY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS SUPPORT THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISIION? WHAT ARE THISE FOLKS DOING? CERTAINLY, not their job! LET'S GET THESE PEOPLE FIRED. THEY ARE NOT LOOKING OUT FOR US. THIS SCAM IS OLD, OLD, OLD AND NO ONE AT THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION IS ACTING.

• Er
    ERICA PARRY Jan 05, 2010

Hello,

Sorry to hear that there was some confusion when you made your purchase. We take customer support very seriously and would like to work with you to resolve this situation. Many times, problems like this occur when people do not read our Terms of Service before they place an order. That's why we've placed our Terms of Service on the order page next to the box where you enter your credit card information. We've also placed a link to our terms on the home page for easy access. Yet, sometimes, people still fail to take the time to read it. If that was the case, I think we can resolve this situation quickly and easily. Simply return your unused portion to us today. If it has been less than 30 days since you placed your order we'll refund your money right away – as per our unconditional 30-day money back guarantee.

I do understand that you may have other questions and concerns. If so, we are ready, willing and able to help you out. Simply contact us by phone at (8/6/[protected] or use our Live Chat help service located on our Contact Us page. Live Chat is designed to address most common problems and take you step by step through the cancellation process.

Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority and we want to resolve this situation as soon as we can.

ERICA PARRY

• Ps
    P!ssed 0ff Jan 07, 2010

I live in London and I signed up for the trial too and had £2.95, £7.35 and £30.21 all taken out on the same day by various associate companys (beutyclub, wellbhealth, Glorioussmiles). So I e-mailed and phoned them to tell them to cancel my account and that I would be returning their product in order to get a refund which I did but they did'nt refund me as they said they would.

Thinking that was the end of it and my account with them was cancelled they then dipped their hands into my account again to take £55.03 under another alias (sup*smilebright United States) and I had'nt even recieved any more products. At this point I went to my bank and had them cancel all future transactions with them with what I thought was with immediate effect untill another 'card purchase' was made to yet more unauthorised companys ( Sup*worldfit United States, Sup*smilebright United States) for £15.57 and £56.07.

I have since received letters from my bank which states that it takes 31 days to cancel my accounts with these companys as they have 'continuous authority' for this time while they remove my details. Being half way through that time I phoned the bank only to be told that they had done what they could by sending the cancelation notice and that any transactions during this notice period could not be claimed back only after the 31 days are up could the bank take action. IVE BEEN SCREWED!

I am completely distraught and hope anyone thinking of taking this trial reads this post first! dont get fleeced! Also if anyone has any advice on getting my money back please e-mail me at [email protected]