Dazzle White/ Clean WhitesPOOR BUISNESS HABITS

Nothing is free in this world. One day I saw a blog on msn.com about a woman that got an amazing deal by signing up for two free teeth whitening trials that only cost her .99 and a 1.95 for each trial. I ordered both. A couple weeks later I was out $240 between both companies, and on top of that you automatically get enrolled into a fitness/weight loss club (8.53 & 6.95). Not only do you have to wait for 10 mins to talk to a representative to cancel your account I got numerous phone numbers that I had to call to cancel all of these things that I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR. One of which gave me a busy signal. PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE COMPANIES AT ALL!!!

• Mo
    Moochums Sep 14, 2009

i totally agree!!! They tried to bill me the same way!!! When i signed up, it said NOTHING about me having to pay anything else extra besides the 2$. Do not buy anything from this crappy company.

sandrap49 Sep 14, 2009

you are so right-i got totally scammed too and it's still going on. you can't get them on the phone-they are either after hours or busy

• Th
    this company is a joke Sep 17, 2009

just got off a 1hr phone call with "Jaijay" from nigeria or somewhere outside the us trying to get the TWO 79.95 pending charges off my account due to the fact i did not CANCEL within 14days. Cancel what??? i wasnt aware of any canceling that needed be done with my 1.99 FREE trial of their products.

After telling this fool to let me speak to his supervisor, he tried to find one and they were all too busy (probably dealing with the 100's of other ppl that are pissed off...or just non-existent) and telling him he worked for a decietful peice of shi* company and needed to find a real job with a company that didnt trick people and take their money, then giving him a few life lessons, I was able to have one of two options:

1) get $50 credited back to my account TODAY (woop woop! only 110$ short now!) or...
    2) wait 4-6 weeks to have both 79.95 charges credited back to my account after sending back the products to their miami, fla office

Needless to say, i want ALL of my fuc**** money back from these peice of shi* people, so i opted for #2.

Honestly, these people need to stop tryin to make a buck today and learn how to run a real fuc*ing business...assess

• Ri
    rinfante Sep 21, 2009

I'm in the same boat so sad I'm not listening online either I know of a product thats almost that same amount and it works what was I thinking.

• Vw
    v williams Sep 23, 2009

I would just like to add, there is no mom who discovered anything. I beleive the 2 products are from one & the same company. there is no accidental inconvenience going on its a deliberate intent to steal from folks!SHAME
    SHAME SHAME on these people!

• Cy
    cynic394 Sep 24, 2009

So i went to the site to see what all the crying was about and its funny that you actually believe that there is free stuff that will be shipped to you after you give your credit card number...lmao.

• He
    hepaid Sep 25, 2009

Don't fall for this scam. I changed my credit card number when I found out what they were doing. They couldn't charge me...another idea if they didn't charge you yet...report you card stolen and get a new one.

• Wh
    White Teeth Scam Sep 28, 2009

I stupidly fell for this scam. Did not even know it was a scam, but saw this after I ordered based on that ad by that Mom. After reading all the comments I immediately called my credit card company. The guy I spoke with said that he has heard from lots of customers who fell for the same thing! He said that they usually charge the $80 and $70 whatever THE SAME DAY as the $1.95 and $.99!!! He immediately cancelled my card and is issuing a new one. Boy, I will never fall for that again!

• De
    debbie torres Sep 29, 2009

Don't buy into this, they also tried to charge me for other services I did not sign up for. I didn't receive the product for a month later and by that time the 14 day trial was over. Lucky for me I found a number to call to see where my order was and found a number to call to cancel, just in time before they charged my card. I called my credit card to dispute it and they didn't get a dime from me! Cleanwhites told me they could not refund me the $54.99 charge that was to be posted on my bill that day. I made the call just in time to cancel it off the card before it was charged. It takes more than the free trial to whiten teeth and that's where they get you. DON"T LET THEM !
    Cheaper to buy it in the stores and, Crest whitening strips work well and no xtra charges!!!

• Ew
    E Williams Oct 04, 2009

Oh boy looks like I'm in for it. I'm a single mother of four and I jumped right into what sounds to be a scam. I guess I acted so fast because they only give you like five minutes to fill in all information and get your free trial. Guess that should have been WARNING SIGN number one. Makes you want to just fill it out instead of trying to research it first. Don't I feel like an idiot. Guess I better suck it up and get ready for the fight.
    Plus what was I thinking ordering crap that has never been proven anyway. All these pictures of beautiful white teeth on these models is nothing but crap and we all should have been intelligent enough to know that. Sure none are coffee drinkers or tobacco users.
    I just ordered about a week ago so I guess I call tomorrow to cancel and see what happens. Lets all bow our heads and pray that these scam artists get what is coming to them. Hehehe!

Sampson Oct 21, 2009

TOTAL SCAM!!!

Sampson Oct 21, 2009

This is a TOTAL scam - do not order from this company!

malcolmtbm Oct 22, 2009

Agree, I caught it early. I saw the small price ordered and then saw the $87.62 back end on the confirmation page. I canceled both, clean whites immediately charged my credit for a 6.99 return shipping fee, even though i never received any product (I canceled within 10 minutes of the order). I'm disputing all charges.

cleanwhitessucks Oct 23, 2009

I wish there was something we could do about this scam. I am a single mother on a very limited income. I DID cancel my 14 day trial on time but apparently after that you have to returned the used syringes within 10 days so they will not continue to steal all your money(which no one told me i had to return them until it was too late )Now they cleaned out my bank account leaving me with $20 for groceries for 2 weeks. Thanks clean whites. my family appreciates this

• If you were to read the fine print on both the site containing the ad in the form of a mock up news article it clearly says its an advertisement, that right there should make you suspicious. The terms and conditions on both the clean white site and the dazzle white sites clearly outlines the conditions of the 14 day trial and mentions the automatic membership charges of over $80. By agreeing with these terms and conditions (which you do when you ordered the trial) you are bound by them. You are very lucky to get any sort of refund back. While it is deceitful to make certain information less noticeable it is not necessarily an illegal scam. I hope you all learned a lesson and will do your research before you order something else off a whim.

clean whites or broke Oct 28, 2009

OMG!They hit my account yesterday for $79 dollars and I returned the product. Please get the word out not to order from this company, it is a scam. I filed a claim with my bank and they were very aware of this merchant and had several issues with them, their advice is to cancel the card you use for the purchase and they will not be able to debit you again.

Clara Taylor Oct 30, 2009

Can all of you that have been scammed please tell me who was your credit holder, bank, that allowed these charges to your account. I am trying to find out if yours is the same as mine. I have also been scammed and need to find some common denominators as to whom is behind this internet scam so we can bring these scammers to justice.

Thanks and I will be looking for your answers.

• Je
    JELogan Nov 10, 2009

After being told the same script when I have called 2 x's I asked for the CEO. I was put on hold and then I was told bythat a supervisor said I could write a letter. I asked to speak to the "supervisor" and was told they didn't talk on the phone. I mentioned that I had called the week before and was given the same script and asked to talk to a supervisor. I was then told they were on thepone with another customer and would call me back. 1 week and I still haven't heard from that supervisor. I also was sent another product that I DID NOT order after being called 2 times within 3 hours of ordering. I said I only wanted the whitening. I got billed for this. Yes, I plan on writing the President and doing some reasearch as to how to get my money back from these scam artists. If anyone knows a way to report them, please let me know.
    Thanks, Jayne

• Re
    ReallyCheated Nov 10, 2009

What a SCAM - should file a lawsuit against MSN for promoting it.

• Re
    ReallyCheated Nov 10, 2009

Yes a SCAM - should file a lawsuit against MSN and them.

• Je
    jennifer quinn Nov 14, 2009

i fell right into there scam. i though it was a legit company. before i knew it, they took out $79.95 and then the

following day another $79.95. then i called my bank, they said it went through already. i called and canceled

with this company. then i get a bill for $89.95 for the same company but for some fitness deal. i canceled my

card, in which i should have done in the first place. i could kick my self. then worse i never got the stupid product.

dont fall into this trap!!! learn by my mistake, i'm on a fixed income.

thanks
    Jennifer

• Pd
    pdot Nov 16, 2009

After having the same experience that many of you have reported, with the same results, I have decided that a double-whammy scam like this (Clean Whites/Dazzle Smile) deserves a double-whammy response. I have today filed complaints with both these organizations re Clean Whites:

FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION
    [protected]

I encourage anyone else who's been scammed by these people to file complaints as well.
    The more exposure we can bring to this issue, the better chance we have of getting it fixed!
    Anybody have connections to media in Miami? Perhaps we can get a nice expose working...

• Ri
    RICKINPA Nov 18, 2009

I THINK WE ALL NEED TO, CONSIDER FILING A "CLASS A" ACTION SUIT AGAINST BOTH OF THESE FRAUDULENT COMPANIES. I PERSONALLY AM OUT ABOUT A HUNDRED DOLLARS AND HAVE FILED COMPLAINTS WITH THE FBI FOR INTERNET FRAUD AND TH ATTORNY GENERALS OFFICE IN BOTH FLORIDA AND PENNSYLVANIA.

• Mo
    MondaysChild Nov 25, 2009

I have just received a notice from these scam artists...I can't believe I was so easily taken in. They are committing fraud. Everything they sent to me has been returned - do they care? Of course not! The customer service # they gave me does not even work. I cancelled both products (which ARE one and the same) and said close my account; I was assured that was done...LIARS AND CHEATS. Hey has anyone considered a class action lawsuit? I'm not sure how to go about this, but from all the above cases (and I'm sure there are hundreds more who haven't written here), we should be able to get something done! Anyone with any ideas, please let me know. Jackie (If anyone has some ideas about us forming a class action lawsuit, please email me at [email protected] Thanks...sorry for all of us, but they'll get theirs in the end.)

mars530 Nov 25, 2009

I also read about the woman that got the amazing deal for $.99 for a free trial and what an amazing job it did on her teeth. Thinking it was a 14 day FREE trial I was duped into ordering it, WHAT A FOOL I WAS. I guess I acted so fast because they only give you like five minutes to fill in all information and get your free trial. Guess that should have been WARNING SIGN number one. Makes you want to just fill it out instead of trying to research it first. Don't I feel like an idiot.

• Sh
    Sherbear2 Nov 26, 2009

Yes I am up for the class action lawsuit as well. I too fell for the scam only I did not even open the box so I never saw this was going to be trail thing and now I am already out over 450.00 in one month.I have filed a dispute with my card company and have closed my account but 450.00 in debt for what. This company has scammed all of us.Lets ban together and take action.If anyone does the suit I am in.Let me know.We have to stop this scamming company NOW!

Ken J Nov 26, 2009

Total Scam - Lucky for us they only charged us the two $.99 fees for the trial period, AND we found out about the recurring monthly ADDITIONAL shipments for $85 EACH (times two in our case) BEFORE these charges were levied against us. We CANCELLED the card AND are going to send the EMPTY tubes back. WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF OUR TIME, ENERGY AND MONEY.

Ken J Nov 26, 2009

There is a link at the bottom of the cleanwhites.com webpage that shows the "free trial" TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Everyone ordering from this website AGREES to these TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Here is what the TERMS AND CONDITIONS are:

Terms & Conditions:
    Start your RISK-FREE Trial today and we will send you a full 30-day supply of the Cleanwhites Advanced Teeth Whitening System. Just pay $5.95 in shipping and processing. You will have 14 days to try the Cleanwhites Advanced Teeth Whitening System and discover why it is the teeth whitening system for you. If you like how our system lightens the shades of your teeth, do nothing - at the end of your free-trial period you will be charged the discounted price of $79.95. If for any reason the system is not for you, call Cleanwhites Customer Care toll-free at [protected] within your 14-day free-trial period to cancel. Then simply return the product (even if it is empty!) and you will NEVER be billed for the product. No commitments, no hassles.

Plus, if you decide to keep the Cleanwhites Advanced Teeth Whitening System, you will receive FREE acceptance in Cleanwhites Elite and will receive a fresh supply of Cleanwhites approximately every 30 days at the same low price of $79.95. You can cancel anytime by calling Cleanwhites Customer Care. No risk, no obligation, cancel any time!

Return/Refund Policy:

Shipping and processing fees are non-refundable. All sales after the free-trial period are final.

Please note that we cannot process packages marked "Return to Sender" or "Refused". Returned packages require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number to ensure accurate processing. RMA numbers can be obtained by calling Cleanwhites Customer Care at [protected] or you can manage your account at www.cleanwhites.com under customer service.
    Cleanwhites Returns - RMA#
    300 NE 62nd Street
    Miami, Florida 33138
    Customer Care

If you have any questions,
    please call us toll-free at:

HOURS:
    MONDAY - FRIDAY 9:00AM - 8:00PM EST
    SATURDAY 9:00AM - 5:00PM EST
    SUNDAY - CLOSED -

Additionally, you can learn more about Cleanwhites 24 hours a day online at www.cleanwhites.com.

Cleanwhites Customer Care
    300 NE 62nd Street
    Miami, Florida 33138
    [protected]

Pay particular attention to this phrase:
    "at the end of your free-trial period you will be charged the discounted price of $79.95"

This means that if you do not call them to cancel WITHIN 14 days, you OWE them $79.95. AND you're on the hook for MORE until you DO CANCEL. Incredible, I know, but you (and I) AGREED TO IT, and it's legal.

This practice needs to be put to a STOP.

• Ji
    Jim Holder Nov 27, 2009

Has anyone ever submitted a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission at:

and filed out the online violation form on this company's improper business practices of charging unauthorized fees to consumer's debit and credit card accounts? I figure with our taxes we can have federal government enforcement of unscrupulous business practices.

• Du
    Duly Conned Nov 28, 2009

Yes, I've been scammed too!. Same scenario, bought a damn trial for price of shipping, then they helped themselves to £54 on the 9th Nov and a further £54 on the 14th November 2009 out of my account. What a stress trying to close my account which had all my direct debits on!!!. And then my bank (Halifax) tell me that the account takes all of 10 days to shut down!!!. WHAT?!. I told them I'm holding them personally responsible should any further fraudulent activity take place, considering theres a £1, 000 overdraft limit on it, and I told them what to do with their bank too!. Needless to say, I shall be banking elsewhere in future. The Halifax need a rocket up their chocolate wizz-way the same as Dazzle Smile and Clean Whites - if you ask me, they should all be took out and SHOT!.

• Al
    a little wiser Nov 30, 2009

I don't care what I supposedly agreed to on the website, these people are Kings of scams. I called immediately when I realized what I had signed up for. The customer service rep sent me by email a UPS label and told me I had to return the product within 10 days (the UPS label was sent on a Friday night to my email). I told her I wasn't sure it would get there within 10 days. She said, No problem, I'll just extend your trial period. I took the box to a UPS store the following Wednesday morning. The box arrived there one day after the ten days. I figured, no big deal since the rep. had said she would extend my trial. $79.95 was removed from my debit card that very day that it arrived at their location. I was one day late! And had been told, "No problem!" I called immediately and asked to have the charge reversed. The rep refused. I asked to speak with a supervisor - she said he wasn't available. I continued to press, she continued to say no. I finally hung up and called my bank who suggested I close the account immediately so they wouldn't continue to try to charge me. I'm so glad I did. I have now filed a dispute claim and have been assured by my bank that I will get my money back, though it could take up to 3 months. I'd rather trust my bank than these sons of ###... Like others who've posted, I also ordered the Dazzle smile product - I had absolutely no problem with returning the product to them and no additional charges from them. It is only with Cleanwhites - healthclns that I've had a horrible experience with. I seriously question how legal this business is no matter what other posters have said about agreeing to the terms and conditions. I did my best to comply with their terms and $79.95 was stolen from me by unauthorized use of my debit/credit card. I also question whether their UPS labels that they make you pay for to send the product back are barcoded to arrive as slowly as possible. The UPS store rep told me it should have been there within 4 days, not the 8+ days it actually took.

• Cp
    cpt. willie Dec 10, 2009

The companies promoting the advertising of these products should be ashamed! I fell for the free trial offer and was out of about $350.00 2 weeks later. I filed a FRAUD COMPLAINT with my bank and received every penny back in about 2 weeks. I also kept the merchandise they had sent for my troubles!

• Im
    IMAN IDIOT Dec 11, 2009

I too fell for the "Lady" who discovered the tooth whitening secret of using two "separate" products that are really from the same place. What a fool. Guess it is what I get for being simultaneously vain and cheap. I received the products today and fortunately read the shipping document before I tossed it in the trash can. After I calmed down I repacked the packages and trucked down to the post office to return them.
    I looked up my card on-line and found a bogus $3.76 charge to my credit card in addition to the foreign transactions fees for what - shipping?

I was still steaming and read these posts, which prompted me to cancel the credit card number I've had for 23 years. The bank person was very nice as I told him upfront I was an idiot. He asked if I my purchase was for a "free trial" on-line. He said they are constantly hearing about this scam. The best thing is to immediately get a new credit card. Who wants their credit card number in the hands of who knows who.

Also, if your bank offers it as I now found out mine does, when you make a purchase on-line, your bank will assign you a number, and the three digit security number, to use for that purchase only. It links to your real card, but the merchant doesn't actually get your real number.

• Dw
    DWAYNE DICKERSON Dec 14, 2009

i agree with every comment i have cancelled and they still are taking money out of my account i have had to cancelled my card but they have taken $340.00 i dont know why they are still aloud to advertise and ripp people off i have not heard one good thing about this company it just goes to show you you cant order anything off the internet it looks like theweb would not let people do that

• St
    Stanley P. Smith Dec 16, 2009

my husband fell for the scam, he didn't bother to read the fine print and send the garbage back before the deadline. They took almost $200 out of his checking accoun. SCAM!!!

Ken J Dec 23, 2009

Justin, or whatever your name is - what a lame way to try to make your scam outfit look legitimate.

1. The Terms and Conditions ARE NOT VISIBLE unless a prospective victim thinks to click on a link.

2. Who IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would agree to this?? "If you like how our system lightens the shades of your teeth, do nothing - at the end of your free-trial period you will be charged the discounted price of $79.95" The quantity of product you offer is equivalent to about 1/3 of a box of Crest Whitestrips (with questionable origin to boot), and isn't worth $15, let alone $85 (with shipping). No one would have ANYTHING to do with you if they thought they would owe more than the "FREE" trial cost of $2. But of course you know that, which is how you're profiting by RIPPING OFF AS MANY AS POSSIBLE BEFORE YOU GET SHUT DOWN.

3. What's this bit about a 30-day trial? The Terms clearly state: "If for any reason the system is not for you, call Cleanwhites Customer Care toll-free at [protected] within your 14-day free-trial period to cancel." What it DOESN'T CLEARLY STATE is that the trial period BEGINS THE DAY YOU ORDER, and many people don't GET THE PRODUCT til a few days BEFORE THE PERIOD IS OVER.

SCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAM

• Cm
    cmsnow Jan 05, 2010

same thing happened here and i am still fighting with them for my money back

• Dw
    DWF Jan 06, 2010

Internet trickery at it's best. Don't fall for it. They fail to explain the details about how they will charge. I have filed a complaint with the TX State Atty Gen Off.

• Ro
    Rob in LA Jan 29, 2010

I agree with all that have written how this company rips customers off. Their web site does state on the home page or the order page that there is a 14 day trial. I found out from the company that the trial starts at the time of the order but in my case the order did not come until after the 14 day period. This company, in my opinion, is totally unethical, and what it does should be illegal as well. We need truth in advertising and protection against fraud. I am making a complaint to the BBB and to the AG of Florida (their address is Cleanwhites LLC, 300 NE 62nd Street, Miami, Florida).

• Ca
    caught by thieves Feb 10, 2010

Why is this legal? It is internet thievery!!