Dazzle Smile and Premium White ProTooth whitening product trial scam

I signed up for a 30 day trial of Dazzle Smile and Premium White Pro on October 27th. Although I had a 30 trial period, the invoice from Premium White Pro said that I had to call and cancel by November 10th. So that is what I did; however, the customer service person I spoke to yesterday (Nov. 10th) said that I had to have mailed the product back by the 10th also, and since it was after business hours I would have to pay for the product- $87.62. I pointed out that nowhere did it say that I also had to have the product return package postmarked by Nov 10th. To this she responded that she could offer me a discount membership for this month of $39. When I did not agree to that she stated that she could give me her "employee discount" which would bring it down to $29 but that was "the best she could do". When I still did not agree to this she began yelling, saying that I had been notified "four times" during the ordering process that this was what was required of me. She continued to use other intimidation tactics including saying "Come on now, we have given you plenty of time!" When I told her I was going to report them to the Better Business Bureau she said, "Go ahead, we've been reported before." Hmmm, never a good sign.

In the end they charged my account $29 and I spent much of today on the phone with Dazzle Smile who apparently signed me up for two other memberships: World Club Fitness and Weight Loss Resource. When I went to the websites for World Club Fitness and Weight Loss Resource neither of their customer service numbers worked. I noticed both of their websites are oddly similar and lack real content. In fact one had a "newsletter" that was only one short paragraph long. I was able to cancel the memberships by first contacting Dazzle Smile at [protected] who gave me the following numbers for World Club Fitness at [protected] and Weight Loss Resource at [protected], who both insisted on me first telling them how I had contacted them. That's kind of on odd question to be asked by a customer service rep.

My next call will be to the Better Business Bureau. Maybe they have been reported before or maybe it was just an intimidation tactic to deter me from calling. Well screaming customer service person, I'm going to call anyway. And to the Dazzle Smile and Premium White Pro PR person who sends those responses about "I'm sorry there was some confusion about your subscription..." No there wasn't any confusion. You are scam artists and now we know it and we are telling.

• Sc
    scottdiamond Jan 31, 2014

I don't need to bore everyone... just want to make comment that I am in the same boat. A total scam company. They have figured out a clever way to steal money. Seems to me since I never received product that their charges are against the law but nobody seems to be stopping them. I've disputed with my bank... but I'm sure they are going to throw the "terms and conditions" stuff at them... even though they did not comply with the terms (never received the product). Anyway... lesson learned. Never again.

• Ht
    http://smilewhitesprodeception.blogspot. Feb 07, 2012

Netflix lets you know they will continue the service. There is no deception. Smile whites is very misleading. I looked through every page in the sign up process, read every small print- NOTHING said I would be enrolled. Then, disenrolling was nearly impossible. To see the entire process, visit the blog I set up: http://smilewhitesprodeception.blogspot.com/

• Ni
    nicky j Feb 07, 2012

The terms and conditions tell you directly that without cancelation of your order within 7 days of applying for the free trial you will be billed for the monthly subscription. Learn to read through the terms before you buy something, laws protect you from fraud within a websites terms and regulations. Take "Netflix" for example, they will bill you on a monthly basis without cancelling your free trial order, its the exact same process and should be taken into consideration. Dont order the product if you see terms like this, easy enough.

• Ht
    http://smilewhitesprodeception.blogspot. Jan 27, 2011

I had a very similar experience. I documented emails and information I collected. I posted it here:

• Ea
    eat my short's Apr 12, 2010

Just Order It And Put It On A Gift Card, Let Them Sign Me Up To New Kid's On The Block Magazines Or Whatever.It Won't Matter Because There Won't Be Any Money For Them To Get After I Already Spent The Rest On The Gift Card.So Charge Away ###!!!lol

• I too have had difficulty with Premium White tooth whitener. I'm still trying to get my "30 day refund guarantee." My credit card was charged $87.62 plus a $2.62 transaction fee, not once, but twice! They sent me the product on December 9th and December 28th, billing my credit card on Dec 7 and Dec 17. I was to return the products by Jan 9th, which I did at the cost to me of $8.54. They were delivered back to the Premium White location on Jan 6, 2010. I've called January 6, Jan. 29, Feb. 10, and again on Feb. 10. I was told to "fax" the information since this would "speed up the process, " which I did on Feb 23. I was told that the refunds were issued on Jan 20 and the second one on Jan. 21 with an expected refund to my credit card within 10 working days. This is now Feb. 27 and I still have NOT seen the refund. I contacted my credit card company and the representative said to wait 30 days and then the credit card would "go after" this company. When I told the Premium White representative this, she said, "Oh, if you do that, it will take longer to get your refund." Will this ever be resolved? I will NOT give up trying. A dissatisfied customer in Raleigh, NC

• La
    lala00 Jan 18, 2010

I was just about to order. OMG. This is such a big scam. Thank you so much for your complaints.

• Lo
    loves irony Dec 22, 2009

I am someone who checks for reviews such as this before they buy. I will not buy because even if I did like the product, my experience is that they never stop billing you. If you bought the product just to get the $3 intro price knowing you were going to cancel, then you get what you pay for. Ever hear the old adage "you never get something for free." - It's true, your free trial cost you time, angst, canceled credit cards...

• Pa
    paying costomer Dec 02, 2009

I order smilewhitepro and i'm sure it works, but the 14 day free trial period is a rip off, your trial date starts for the day you order and then it takes 7 day for the product to arive. any question reference to you trial time, you best get someone on the line the day you recieve you product. please dont leave a message cause they will deined recent of your message. before your trial date ends you've already been bill... when i call the costomer services number, I spoke to Tin #1200 whom is located in the Phillipines. she was rude with poor english skills. i request to speak to a manger 4 time before her negati ve comment stop and she hung the phone up in my face...know that costomer not the type i'm used to get. because of Tin #1200 will never use thier product that works again...I deal with sick patients that need my services and i would never talk to any one like Tin #1200 did to me...

• Mi
    miss shopper Nov 30, 2009

I understand howeveryone that ordered the product and got charged extra feels. I feel bad for you. I am a person that usually researched everything BEFORE I buy. I didn't on this product because I saw it was backed by CNN and other news stations and I knew they wouldn't promote something that was a scam. I ordered this product. After reading all of the complaints and doing more reasearch, I called my bank and they ordered me a new card. I didn't have to get another account though. This company and others like it are not doing illegal things, just unethical. They are protected by law because they give the terms and conditions on their web site. It clearly says that you will be charged if you don't cancel and they legally can take your money with out asking. To them, they have already asked you when you singed up. They assume you will read it and if you don't they know they will get you. This is unethical though!!! They can't be prosecuted and charges will NOT be refunded because it states this in the TERMS and CONDITIONS. I urge you to read the TERMS and CONDITIONS on any and everything you buy on line!!! If the company was to do something that was not stated on this page, they would be doing something illegal and can be prosecuted. But since it is stated on the webpage, there is nothing that can be done about it. If you have already ordered this product, contact your bank and see if there is anything they can do. Good luck, hope this helped someone.

• Pa
    patest Nov 12, 2009

I was in the same situation where I was not aware Dazzle White signed me up for World Club Fitness. I saw the charge on my credit card and it showed up as elitepack [protected] on my statement. I called around a couple of numbers to finally realize it was for World Club Fitness. These people are scammers so don't ever buy anything from Dazzle White or Premium White Pro as they are the same company!!!

Comment Guidelines