Danbury Mintcharged my credit card two years after I paid for item

J

On 07/20/10 this company of "fine" collectibles charged my debit card for a purchase I made in 2008!! It was fully paid for in 2008. This was not a little charge, either. I called them everyday except Sunday (they aren't open on Sunday)and wrote them daily about this dumb mistake on their part. They were rude and unprofessional to me. On 7/20/10 I was told I would get an "immediate" refund. HA!! It has been over a week and no refund has shown up at my bank/card. I contacted my bank about this after Danbury Mint customer "service" rep told me the problem was with me and my bank! So my bank and I filed Notarized Affidavit of Unauthorized Debit Card Transaction with VISA. I informed Danbury Rips about this and they said "well, we are just going to charge you twice!". HA! I have all their emails to me admitting they made a mistake and I record all my phone calls and have 2 of the CSRs saying they made a mistake. So let them try anything. I would love to go after them.

james mann Mar 07, 2020

i have not recieved the last remaining coins to complete my collection. the years are 1971, 1974, 1977, and 1979. can you send them to me.

james mann
    227 sherbrooke dr
    lynchburg va. 24502

• On
    OnyxLion Nov 21, 2019

Danbury Mint is such a rip off...The Pictures of the Products they advertise do not match the quality at all...It's cheap junk...Bradford Exchange is much more superior...A lesson learned the hard way...Please beware

• Ou
    Outraged and Indignant Nov 13, 2018

I ordered their forever love ring in February 2016. By October 2016 two stones fell out of the ring and I was told their jewelry is only warrantied for 90 days. Shoddy merchandise misrepresented as quality jewelry. It is clear they get your money and who cares if you as dissatisfied with it. This is a company to avoid.

• Ke
    Keahdb30 Nov 07, 2018

My elderly received an offer for that personalized handbag for Danbury, I’ve been doing research on the item and looking for reviews. THANK YOU! she won’t be ordering this bag from them since I seen all these complaints.

• Ge
    Gerald Neeley Aug 20, 2018

Had ordered 3 each 100 yr old coins, penny nickel and quarter by delivery today 05/14/2018.

received Grand Canyon Set quarter, do not want didn't request. need return procedure. thanks, Gerald Neeley

• Ga
    Gailiene Egan Oct 17, 2016

I received a pair of earrings from the Danbury Mint on line site. They were suppidly Sterling silver and Peridot with Diamonds and
    I had them in for 5 short hours and my earlobes are severely infected. I took them to a jeweler and I was told that
    they are not even sterling silver and the "diamond" are fake.

Now after using hydrogen peroxide and anitbiotic cream, I have to see my primary care doctor. They were expensive.
    $150 and not only that but AI had to wait 6 weeks to get them.

I'm done using this site.

• Ka
    Kathy Halvachs Feb 09, 2016

A necklace was ordered the beginning of November 2015 for a birthday gift and it is now 2/10/16 and it still has not been delivered. Called several times. ...said it was on its way. ...still no merchandise. Didn't have any trouble charging us for it. Please do NOT order anything from this company. ...in fact it should be shut down considering how many similar complaints there have been against this company.

• Aa
    Aaron Schmitz Jul 30, 2015

Update to "Placed order for 2 coins on 6/9. Today is 7/16, they still have not shipped".

They finally acme 7/29, almost 2 months after I ordered. Keep in mind this was a $9.99 order advertised in the newspaper. The 2 pennies arrived in a box that was at least 12" long and weighed about a pound. The display case fell apart when I took it out and the pennies fell on the tile floor and bounced around. I immediately threw the entire display away. The pennies were very dirty. I put then in lemon juice for a couple hours now they look almost new. Like they don't have coin/jewelry cleaning machines? Anyways, one is decent the other is so scratched looks like it was run over a few times. Very disappointed. They could have shipped them in a little plastic bag in an envelope, without the cheap worthless display, and sent me some better condition coins with the money they saved. The display was heavy and the box was huge, must have cost them more to send it than the pennies were worth, such a shame, bad business model.

• Aa
    aaron S. Jul 16, 2015

Placed order for 2 coins on 6/9. Today is 7/16, they still have not shipped.

• Mi
    Military Mother Jun 30, 2015

Thank you all for posting. was going to order military ring for my son. Definitely changed my mind.

• Mp
    M. Pietra Feb 02, 2015

My mother just received an "I love you Diamond Pendant" that The Danbury Mint said was ordered for her by my father who passed away over 2 years ago. Of course, they also included a bill, because they said it had not been paid for. My mother is 87, but she's a smart cookie and knew immediately that my dad would not have purchased this for her (he was ill for a long time and she also said he knew it was not her taste or his) and if he had, he would have paid for it. Also why is something coming two years later. I think that my dad's name is probably on some list of deceased credit card owners and they sent this to my mother to get her to buy it for sentimental reasons. I find this practice despicable and wouldn't be surprised if it were illegal. I called them and gave them the order number etc and told them they insisted that my father placed the order. I told them that they needed to send me a copy of the order that my father placed or I would contact the authorities. Of course I have heard nothing, the necklace was returned and I have no idea how to pursue a real complaint. Horrible that a large company like this would try to prey on an elderly widow.

• Ji
    Jim sr Nov 17, 2014

Im glad I read this before I order the pendant. Thank You

• Ka
    Kaiserdr Nov 11, 2014

I have been reading numerous complaints on the Internet--just got a promotion from them about a personalized gold and diamond necklace with my wife's name on it--looked great, awful glad these comments were posted!

• Ge
    Geoff Stringer. Oct 01, 2014

I do not understand your explanation, re payments for, "Coins of World War 2"...£9-95 per month, for three coins. Does this mean, £9-99 for three, or £9-99 for each coin...(£29-97) ???

madcustomer8 Dec 09, 2011

this place so so unbelievable! they did the same thign to me!!! ###. i cancelled my card and disbuted the charges

• gdmfsob Aug 23, 2010

Yeah good luck going after the LARGEST mail order company in the world. It will cost you more to sue them in money and time in relation to how much they over charged you. Get a life and move on.

• Ke
    Keahdb30 Nov 07, 2018

@gdmfsob She needs to “get a life” after they took HER money????? If she have them on tape and email ADMITTING to the mistake, don’t sound like she’s wasting her time. You on the other hand wasted your time with this silly comment. Thanks to her, Dunbury won’t get my money and it looks like others are saying the same thing. YOU SIR go have several seats!!!