Damelin Correspondence College [DCC]no feedback on deregistration: 436 537

N

Good day.

I would like to submit a complaint.

In October 2017, my employer agreed to finance further studies through Damelin correspondence.

Full payment was done on 3 Nov 2017 for the National N Marketing Diploma.
Study material was received.

I noticed that 2017 exam dates were included. As I registered for 2018, I submitted e-mails and phonecalls to the call centre.in Feb, they issued me with 2018 exam dates.
Then the nightmare began, as I had to start looking for an FET College to register for exams.
What an absolute waste of precious time. After several phone calls, I was sent a list of available FET Colleges. EVERY college I contacted was unable to assist me. They either had NO idea why I contacted them, or told me that they already have theor hands full with current students, or they just did not assist DAMELIN students, or they were completely unaware that they appeared on a list of available exam venues.

To my shock, when phoning the call centre for theth time, I was told that MANY students had the same problem. I was eventually given a number for Braamfontein campus. At least this lady was helpful, but yet, when I enquired on registration, I was told that she was not sure, as she has not received any exam forms from Damelin.

Phoning the correspondence call centre again, I was told to get in my car and look for a college and ask them if they are willing to assist.

This was shocking for me, as I even asked if they could not make an arrangement with their Randburg campus. I was told that I can go and ask them.

This proved totally unprofessional.
To avoid further dissappointment and frustration, I discussed with our HR department that I already wasted precious time on looking for an exam venue - something Damelin correspondence should be able to provide, and that I have studied through both Unisa and UCT on correspondence level and have never experienced poor support and service as this. We suggested that deregistration is the best option, and I requested the form.

After submitting various e-mails to request a refund, no response has been received.

Further to the above, after enquiring numerous times on assignments that were already submitted, no feedback was given.
I have complained about the prescirbed textbooks and study giude not having correspondence info - still no feedback to date.
The student e-mail address is completely useless, as no info is ever sent to me regarding assignments, exam dates etc.

Please issue refund instructions soonest. I have no problem in returning the usb with the study guides. Please advise if this is requested.

RESOLVED

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC]'s response · Mar 29, 2018

Good day,
    Please advise if you have been contacted and assisted with your query.
    Thank you.
    Damelin Correspondence College

andries machavane Jun 07, 2021

Hi i have been struggling to get any feedback on my deregistration, at this point I don't care about refunds I just want to cancel my registration.Everytime call my enquiry gets escalated but still nothing..444250