Cub Cadet (Lawn Mower)wiring short

Dear Cub Cadet,
We bought a new mower from Farm and Fleet about a month ago. After the first time mowing the battery went dead. Tried to charge it and that didn't work. Call Farm and Fleet about seeing if we could get another one . They told us that we would have to bring the mower back to them to see if there is something more than getting another battery. Well, a week went by and they first ordered a new wiring harness because there was a short in it. But that was after they called the company about the problem . Now this is week, week two and still don't have a mower. Farm and Fleet said they didn't know that they had to order the ends of something like that. Now the projected day we may get the mower back is Tuesday of this coming week. This just a little aggravating. The reason we bought a new mower is because we were tired of fixing the old one. Now our lawn is very high and very shaggy. It looks like we don't care about our home or buisness. Yes, I forgot to tell you that we own and operate a business at our home. We have a riding stable. Let me tell you it doesn't look very good for us to have people come here and seeing a messy surroundings. I have always had my lawns looking nice.
I guess all I want to know is did we make a bad choice in mowers by getting a Cub Cadet, for the service thus far has been very, very poor. For each day I have to look out my window and see the lawn not cut the more upset I am.
Now my question is since the mower is brand new and only mowed once with it, am I going to have bill for this repair especially after we had waited for almost 3 weeks to get it back and we still do not have it to use.
Sincerely,