Cox Communicationscontinued interruption of cable tv service

R

I have had Cox cable and internet for a few years but the most recent service has been terrible. It seems to be a routine thing for my cable TV service to be interrupted. I believe that the company accesses and resets the cable box. This happens every few months and will occur for a few days with interruption being every 15-20 minutes during prime time evening viewing. I call and the recommendation is always to have a technician visit to determine the issue, for a fee. I usually decline because the problem fixes itself within a day of calling and doesn't recur for a few months. I think this is something that is being done to try and get more money out of me.