Menu
Course Hero Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Course Hero
reviews & complaints

www.coursehero.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

3.8 722 Reviews

Course Hero Complaints Summary

490 Resolved
219 Unresolved
Our verdict: With a good resolution rate, Course Hero generally handles customer issues well. However, it’s important to be proactive. Familiarize yourself with their processes and services. Reading through various customer experiences will provide valuable insights into how they handle complex issues.
Claimed
Course Hero has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Course Hero. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest Course Hero reviews & complaints

2:30 am EST

Course Hero Unable to withdraw my earning

The Course Hero team emailed me yesterday to confirm that my phone number was still the same. However, even though I provided the correct number, when I attempted to withdraw my earnings, it did not work. Dealing with this issue has been a real pain, and despite the fact that I've provided them with all of the documents they require, they still haven't provided me with a clear answer. I believe I am entitled to my earnings, and I hope they can resolve this issue soon.

Desired outcome: I would like to get all my earnings

J
9:50 pm EST

Course Hero Scam

I was trying to cash out and I accidentally put the wrong number then my account is locked and I received a message saying I have a violation and I could no longer answer questions but I can still cash out my earnings if it exceeds 20 dollars. So I tried to cash out again since it exceeds 20 dollars but then I could not cash out since it is locked.

And I think I have not done anything that will give me violations.

Desired outcome: To please unlock my account and let me cash out my earnings and to explain why I have a violation. Since as far as I know I did not violate anything. All I did was try to answer questions that I thought I can answer.

Update by James Jr Gatay
Feb 20, 2023 5:02 am EST

This complaint is already resolved

Maejess19
Tarlac City, PH
Feb 23, 2023 2:58 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We have the same problem. Did you receive any email from them? How they resolved this kind of concern?

W
12:00 am EST

Course Hero Privacy Leaked

I have accidentally uploaded files that I didn't know my name and other persons name were included. The name of the private school that I went to is also there and they've told me to take it down but it seems users can't do much about that and I've been recommended to file a complaint or perhaps a request to delete all the files that I have uploaded. I will make sure to remove any private matters the next time I upload any type of documents.

Desired outcome: I would like the files that I have uploaded in course hero to be deleted "all"

H
11:15 am EST

Course Hero Tutor account not logging in. Says bad request

Hello . I am a course hero tutor. Last night, February 14, 2023, I was using Course Hero, and everything was right. But the next morning, February 15., 2023. when I opened my course hero tutor account, it was logged out. I thought it was normal and tried to log in using my credentials, but it said my password or email was incorrect. I tried to recover my password, but no reset email was received.

Then I tried google account login method but It said "Bad Request"

Since then, I've been concerned and unable to access my Course Hero tutor account. I still have not received an email from Course Hero about any violation, suspension, or probation. I had several hundred dollars in pending payments. Can you please help me regarding this issue. Kindly help me resolve this issue.

My registered email is : [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Kindly resolve this issue and help me log in to my account . Also let me know what the issue is and why it occurred.

5:42 am EST

Course Hero My account

I cannot log in in my account. I try many times. I try to forget but did not receive message in email. I dont know why.

Please help me. My email address is [protected]@gmail.com

12:49 am EST

Course Hero Account was lock they freeze my earnings

I am unable to withdraw my salary from Course Hero despite having a minimum available cash pay-out of more than $20, which is the minimum requirement for withdrawal. After attempting to verify my number, I received a response stating that my account could not be verified and some features have been locked. This is unethical to lock me out of answering questions for students due to an error and freezing my hard-earned money.

Desired outcome: Provide me timely response regarding my account & the ability to withdraw my salary. I should be paid in full without any unfair restrictions or delays.

10:59 pm EST

Course Hero Earning withdrawal

I encountered an issue with my withdrawal. Upon clicking the withdraw earnings button, an error message appeared and the amount I intended to withdraw vanished. Although $129.50 was debited from my Coursehero account, the funds did not arrive in my PayPal account. This occurred today, February 14, 2023. I also mailed the contacted the email support but there is no reply.

Desired outcome: I want my money.

U
1:24 pm EST

Course Hero Tutor Account Temporarily Disabled

On January 10, my account was temporarily disabled due to alleged violation Term of Use, which I’m sure I did not violate.

An email was sent to me asking me to send Items and video for a possible re-enabling of account. I sent the required video/information immediately and got a reply that my account has been enabled and I can have access to my account within next 48 hours.

However, after 48 hours, I'm still unable to login. May you please solve this issue so I can have access to my account?

Desired outcome: Let me have access to my tutor account as you've already re-enabled it.

Update by Unaiza Saeed
Feb 13, 2023 11:07 pm EST

I've emailed tutor support team but there's no reply. Kindly take notice!

Tutor support team replied me and re-enabled my account. I'm able to login to my coursehero tutor account now. The email they replied from is: Tutor-Support@coursehero.com Thank you!

6:30 am EST

Course Hero Withdraw money from my account

Dear Course Hero Tutor Support Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to request that my tutor account on your platform be reevaluated. I was recently notified that my account had been disabled and I believe that this may have been done in error. At least you can transfer my earnings to my PayPal. I request that my current tutor payment be transferred to my PayPal account. My PayPal account email is [protected]@gmail.com

I assure you that I have not violated any of the terms of use for the platform. I am a dedicated and experienced tutor and I have always followed the guidelines set forth by Course Hero. I believe that my account may have been disabled due to a misunderstanding and I hope that it can be reviewed again.

I understand that the verification process can take some time, but I would greatly appreciate your prompt attention to this matter, as I am eager to continue using your platform to help students. I assure you that I will continue to follow the guidelines set forth by Course Hero and I am committed to providing high-quality tutoring services.

Please let me know if there is any further information or documentation that you require from me.

Thank you for your time and assistance in this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Darshil Thummar

Desired outcome: Do not send automated reply that contact tutor support they will assist youThey are not replying since 15 working daysJust tell me i will get my earnings or notor i have to file a case and choose legal path ?

Update by Shill T
Feb 13, 2023 6:27 am EST

but they are not replying

Update by Shill T
Feb 08, 2023 1:12 am EST

Reply my complaint

Don't ignore like other complaints

A
1:47 am EST

Course Hero I didn't receive my available and pending earning

Recently, my account got removed saying 'I have done Terms of Use violation'. And I have 34 doller pending and 19 dollers showing on course hero dashboard.

I email to them but they say 'no further payments are obligated at this time'.

Even I have 86% helpful rate, and I have done all question keeping in mind of Terms of Use.

Desired outcome: I want my available and pending money which the student accepts into my paypal account.

5:31 am EST

Course Hero Account related problem

My account was temporarily suspended due to some unusual accounts at my browser, which I do not know, they asked my to reverify my details and I did the same by sending 10 second vedio to them and also my phone no and registered email id, they have not replied me back yet my registered email id on course hero is [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: My account has been now temporarily disabled and my hard earned money of 350 dollars have been robbed by course hero, is it not possible for them to open dashboard for me so that i can withdraw my all earnings

Shill T
, IN
Feb 06, 2023 6:38 am EST

forget your money

they won't give you your earning as they know that you are making more money, they suspend your account without giving any [censored]ing result

I lost my $1000+ in 2022.

Author of the review

Very unfortunate for us

10:50 pm EST

Course Hero Course Hero Tutor

Hello,

I have a coursehero tutor account. As you can see in the screenshot I do have more than 80 dollars in my account and I do have 100 percent helpful rate.

Then early this morning, I received an email from their support team asking me to send a video with my face together with my name and ID. I did submit this.

Then my account suddenly closed by them without explanation.

Desired outcome: Please help me recover my account and refund the money I earned.

C
10:48 pm EST

Course Hero Files that I accidentally uploaded in coursehero

I have uploaded notes from my school which has been asked to remove it immediately by the owner of the school. All the notes i got from my school which actually I need to ask from consent from the owner since it are made for only for the students of our school. I have accidentally uploaded few files from my school into course hero and now I really need to remove before there are action from the top level management of the school. I have asked course hero to remove but there are still no action has been taken yet. I really need to remove all of the documents from my account as soon as possible.

Desired outcome: To remove all the files as soon as possible in my account that I have been uploaded.

L
1:38 am EST

Course Hero Error withdrawal

Today is February 3, 2023 I withdraw $75 and I didn't received the money since I check my paypal account, please help me where the money is. Please help me settle this, I didn't received the money that I have withdrawn. I'd appreciate if you will settle this immediately. I need the money and I don't deserve this since I answered all the questions fairly and I invest my time and effort for this platform. And also my account cant add a number its say error please help me fix my account. Thank you!

Read full review of Course Hero and 3 comments
Update by Larynx
Feb 03, 2023 9:43 am EST

Today February 3, 2023 I just requested for a withdrawal of my earnings amounting to $75 but when do I try to hit the withdraw button there's a message says please reload the page and after I reload it my withdrawal balance is gone and nothing came to paypal account this is my third time withdrawing I didn't get a chance to take some screenshots because i didn't expect that's going to happen which is losing of my withdrawable balance and nothing came to my PayPal account. But I have here some screenshots in my earning dashboard that I have withdrawn today February 3, 2023. Please help me settle this, and I hope you will give the money that I have earned in this platform. Thank you

3 comments
Feb 04, 2023 3:26 pm EST

Has it been resolved?

Feb 06, 2023 11:24 pm EST

My Problem has been resolved.It has to do something with their systems with Paypal.

Glad that it has been resolved.

Feb 03, 2023 3:18 pm EST

Did it get resolved?I am facing the same issue

R
11:11 am EST

Course Hero Anatomy-course project.pdf

I need Course Hero to remove my uploaded documents today 2/3/2023, "Anatomy-Course Project.pdf," under the course name "PSYC 331." School name: AMA Computer University, Quezon City. I forgot that I put my name on it and my professor on it. I need my privacy. Please delete my uploaded document such as Anatomy-Course Project.pdf. Kindly help me to remove this document as soon as possible. Attached herewith is the screenshot of my uploaded document that I want to have vanished.

Desired outcome: Total removal of my uploaded document, such as Anatomy-Course Project.pdf.

I
7:39 pm EST

Course Hero Earnings

Today January 02, 2023 I just requested for a withdrawal of my earnings amounting to $119 but when do I try to hit the withdraw button there's a message says please reload the page and after I reload it my withdrawal balance is gone and nothing came to paypal account, I didn't get a chance to take some screenshots because i didn't expect that's going to happen which is losing of my withdrawable balance and nothing came to my PayPal account.

F
6:36 pm EST

Course Hero Permanently disabled tutor account

Hi! I would like to complaint about my permanently disabled tutor account. I received three consecutive email saying that they identified unusual activity on my account. First was on December 22, 2022. Second was on January 6, 2023. Lastly, happened last January 12, 2023. I always comply with the requirements but they are just sending automated response. Their tutor support was always sending automated responses and It took may days to receive a proper response from them. I also did not worked or answered questions from students for a month because I cannot access my account due to probation and the consecutive temporarily disabling of my tutor account. But still I always receive multiple warnings and violations that made me think they are sending those warnings and violations randomly. Until today, they decided to permanently disable my tutor account. There is no clear and specific reason stated in their email. I don’t think I violated their terms and conditions. I’m working/answering students questions sincerely, I don’t give other people access on my account, I only used my phone and laptop whenever I open my Course Hero tutor account, I don’t comment inappropriate words to students questions, I always enter accurate personal details like phone number, etc. and I never used VPN. It just saddens me that they take my tutor account without a clear reasons. I just want for them to do internal review and restore my account because I’m just starting to work so, give me a chance to do better. Please, be fair to your tutors and don’t revoked our accounts randomly.

Desired outcome: Conduct Internal Review and Restoration of Tutor Account

Update by Fhobe Kate Alba
Feb 01, 2023 12:36 am EST

Hi! I would like to complaint about my permanently disabled tutor account. I received three consecutive email saying that they identified unusual activity on my account. First was on December 22, 2022. Second was on January 6, 2023. Lastly, happened last January 12, 2023. I always comply with the requirements but they are just sending automated response. Their tutor support was always sending automated responses and It took days to receive a proper response from them. I also did not worked or answered questions from students for a month because I cannot access my account due to probation and the consecutive temporarily disabling of my tutor account. But still I always receive multiple warnings and violations that made me think they are sending those warnings and violations randomly. Until today, they decided to permanently disable my tutor account. There is no clear and specific reason stated in their email. I don’t think I violated their terms and conditions. I’m working/answering students questions sincerely, I don’t give other people access on my account, I only used my phone and laptop whenever I open my Course Hero tutor account, I don’t comment inappropriate words to students questions, I always enter accurate personal details like phone number, etc. and I never used VPN. It just saddens me that they take my tutor account without a clear reasons. I just want for them to do internal review and restore my account because I’m just starting to work so, give me a chance to do better. Please, be fair to your tutors and don’t revoked our accounts randomly.

C
3:40 pm EST

Course Hero Account permanently disabled without payment

Since 6 Jan I am receiving a mail of breaching the T&C and every time I just gave all credentials required so regain my account. I am not using any VPN or other account other than mine. Still, they didn't listen to it. Every time I asked about the specific issue because of which my account got closed. But even after this on 26 Jan, without any prior information, my account is permanently disabled without paying what I earned by investing all my time into the website. For a reputed company like yours, I mailed your customer support and it's been 7 days, no response from your side. I just want that the company should at least one time for sake of courtesy give me access to my account so that I can withdraw my money and then it is completely your reputed company wish to continue or not with me

Desired outcome: My earned money should be given

Nyamweya
Nairobi, KE
Feb 02, 2023 3:55 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You will not actually get your money back. It appears that the system has been rigged so that when you reload the page while making a withdrawal, money is taken from your account and placed into the company’s account. As a result, the tutors are wasting their valuable time and effort while working for CH for free. It is abundantly clear from this that CH is stealing from you. It has happened to many tutors, including me, who have been affected by such a fraud. Due to a false allegation of a breach of their terms of use, the tutor support team permanently deactivated my account and the accounts of other tutors. The group has been disabling tutors' accounts and withholding their pay unfairly. The team is stealing from the tutors by restricting them from withdrawing their allotted funds. So, we are obliged to think that CH, including the tutor support staff, is engaging in illegal activity. A relevant judicial authority should be informed about the company in order to pursue legal action against it.

Please spread the word to let people know that CH is an active scam.

2:53 am EST
Course Hero has left an official reply on this complaint.

Course Hero Submission takedown of files on my course hero account

Hello Course Hero,
I would like to request to permanently remove and delete the files uploaded on my account. This is because I have mistakenly uploaded the notes and lecture presentation files of my university professor. With this, I am told by me professor to delete immediately from your website.
Please reply to this message ASAP. Thank you.

Desired outcome: Hope to receive a message within the day.

Update by Mikey Hernandez
Feb 01, 2023 3:02 am EST

Good afternoon, Course Hero!

I would like to inform you that I have already sent multiple ticker submission for the removal of files and documents on my Course Hero account. This is because I mistakenly uploaded the lectures and notes of my university professor last May 8, 2022.

With this, I am told to permanently delete them from my Course Hero account due to copyright infringement.

Please message me ASAP for I need your immediate support and assistance.

Thank you.

Nyamweya
Nairobi, KE
Feb 02, 2023 4:23 am EST

Dear Phil,

Why are you misleading the tutors who are being harmed? Just tell them the reality. Not all of us are ignorant. In reality, there are some of us who are smarter than you. We are aware that the tutor support team is working behind the scenes to commit fraud because of this. On the basis of unfounded allegations, intended to deactivate the accounts of many tutors and steal their money. This kind of con seems to have been going on since last year, and nothing is being done about it. You keep advising the impacted tutors to get in touch with the tutor support staff because they will be the best able to aid them, but you obviously know that they will not. It appears that you are in some way covering up the tutor support staff's dishonest behavior by working with them. Be mindful that your days are limited. You will not be outright lying to the impacted tutors the entire time.

Take note that you should not send out automated emails in response.

Best regards,

Hussein

R
1:48 am EST

Course Hero Course Hero - Verification Error when Cashing Out

Yesterday, when I tried to cash out my payment, this error happened. When I copy pasted my phone number, I lately noticed that I did include the first digit of my number '0' why I got this error. I know I'm being lazy to type the phone number here, but freezing the account and not being able to cash out the fund is outrageous.

Now, Course Hero locked my account and unable me to answer questions anymore. And the pending $100+ cannot be cashed out anymore.

I already contacted the support but got no response up to now.

Update by rowena yuson
Feb 01, 2023 6:12 pm EST

it's ryuson46@gmail.com. See attached photo for reference.

unlocked my account

Course Hero Customer Reviews Overview

Course Hero is an online learning platform that offers a vast library of study materials, including study guides, class notes, and practice exams. The platform is designed to help students succeed in their academic pursuits by providing them with the resources they need to excel in their coursework.

One of the most significant advantages of Course Hero is the breadth and depth of its study materials. The platform boasts a vast library of resources, with over 30 million study documents available to users. This means that students can find study materials for virtually any subject or course they are taking.

Another advantage of Course Hero is the platform's user-friendly interface. The website is easy to navigate, and users can quickly find the study materials they need. Additionally, the platform offers a range of tools and features that make studying more efficient and effective, such as flashcards, practice quizzes, and study guides.

Course Hero also offers a range of subscription plans to fit different budgets and needs. Students can choose from monthly, quarterly, or annual plans, and the platform offers a free trial period for new users.

Overall, Course Hero has received positive reviews from students and educators alike. Users praise the platform's vast library of study materials, user-friendly interface, and range of subscription plans. With its comprehensive resources and helpful tools, Course Hero is an excellent choice for students looking to succeed in their academic pursuits.

Course Hero In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Course Hero is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the information you need. The layout is intuitive, with clear menus and search options, ensuring a smooth user experience.

Course Selection and Content Quality: Course Hero offers a wide selection of courses across various subjects, ensuring that users can find the resources they need for their studies. The content quality is generally high, with comprehensive study materials, lecture notes, and practice exams available for most courses.

Pricing and Subscription Options: Course Hero offers flexible pricing and subscription options to cater to different user needs. Users can choose between monthly and annual subscriptions, with the option to cancel or upgrade at any time. The pricing is reasonable considering the vast amount of resources available.

Tutoring and Academic Support: Course Hero provides tutoring and academic support through its platform. Users can connect with tutors for one-on-one assistance or join study groups to collaborate with peers. The tutors are knowledgeable and helpful, providing valuable guidance and clarification.

User Reviews and Ratings: Course Hero has a robust user review and rating system, allowing users to share their experiences and provide feedback on the resources they have used. This feature helps users make informed decisions about which materials to access and ensures transparency and accountability.

Customer Service and Support: The customer service and support provided by Course Hero are commendable. The support team is responsive and helpful, addressing user queries and concerns promptly. The website also offers a comprehensive FAQ section and user guides for self-help.

Accessibility and Mobile Compatibility: Course Hero is accessible and compatible with various devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. The website is optimized for mobile viewing, allowing users to access their study materials on the go, enhancing convenience and flexibility.

Privacy and Security Measures: Course Hero prioritizes user privacy and implements robust security measures to protect user data. The website uses encryption technology to safeguard personal information and ensures secure transactions. Users can trust that their data is handled with utmost confidentiality.

Refund and Cancellation Policies: Course Hero has clear and transparent refund and cancellation policies. Users can cancel their subscription at any time, and if eligible, receive a refund based on the unused portion of their subscription. The policies are fair and user-friendly.

Additional Features and Resources: In addition to the extensive course materials, Course Hero offers various additional features and resources. These include flashcards, study guides, and access to a vast library of textbooks. These resources enhance the learning experience and provide comprehensive support for students.

How to file a complaint about Course Hero?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Course Hero. Make it specific and clear, such as "Unauthorized Subscription Charge by Course Hero" or "Difficulty Accessing Paid Resources on Course Hero".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with Course Hero. Mention specific issues such as problems with account access, billing disputes, content quality, customer service interactions, or any other relevant concerns. Include dates, any communication with the company, and the nature of the issue. If you attempted to resolve the problem, describe the steps you took and the responses received from Course Hero. Clearly articulate how this issue has personally affected you, whether it's financial loss, time wasted, or frustration experienced.

5. Attaching supporting documents: If you have any screenshots, receipts, emails, or other documents that can support your claim, attach them to your complaint. Be cautious not to include any sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to quantify any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Course Hero. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, service improvement, or an apology.

7. Review before submission: Before submitting your complaint, review it thoroughly to ensure that all the information provided is accurate, clear, and complete. This will help others understand your situation and increase the chances of a satisfactory resolution.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint against Course Hero on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Following the submission of your complaint, keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any updates, responses, or further inquiries related to your complaint. Engage with any responses appropriately to facilitate the resolution process.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Course Hero contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Course Hero?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Course Hero Customer Service. Initial Course Hero complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Course Hero above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Course Hero. Discuss the issues you have had with Course Hero and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.