Menu

complaints

Course Hero Complaints Summary

490 Resolved
218 Unresolved
Our verdict: With a good resolution rate, Course Hero generally handles customer issues well. However, it’s important to be proactive. Familiarize yourself with their processes and services. Reading through various customer experiences will provide valuable insights into how they handle complex issues.
File a complaint
Claimed
Course Hero has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Course Hero. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Course Hero complaints 708

Sort by:

Newest Course Hero complaints

O
3:13 am EST
Course Hero has left an official reply on this complaint.

Course Hero Delete all my course hero account uploaded files and documents

Hello,

I would like to request for deletion of all my uploaded files/documents to Course Hero coursehero.com

Since accessing files in Course Hero is not for free, it left me no choice but to upload these files because I did not have the required amount for it.

This was many years ago when I was a student and now I relaized that these files compromise the intellectual property rights of the documents owners', which I was not aware of at that time, so please remove all my documents so I don't face any legal or intellectual property problems.

I tried to submit DMCA but it requires the document owner themselves which isn't possible especially for multiple files.

Thanks.

Read full review of Course Hero and 1 comment

1 comment
Aron Royy
Aron Royy
New York, US
Jan 05, 2023 4:26 am EST

SAS is a specialized programming language that is primarily designed for statistical analysis of data from spreadsheets or databases. SAS are used to compile such data, analyze it, and perform the results in tables, graphs, and other text or Web-based documents. We are best in providing SAS Assignment Help.

The SAS was developed from 1966 to 1976 at North Carolina State University, when the SAS Institute was incorporated. The SAS was developed in the Decade of 1980 and 1990 with the introduction of new statistical processes, additional components and JMP. A point-end-click interface was added in version 9 in 2004. Take our SAS assignment help and score A+ grade.

9:24 am EST

Course Hero Uploaded documents

I have uploaded documents from my school with the subject Earth Science or Science 11 and those documents I uploaded contains information of my school and most importantly of my co-teachers. It is very important to delete or remove the documents because I did not ask a consent or permission from them. I really need to remove all of the documents from my account as soon as possible. I am hoping for your immediate response. Thank you and God bless.

Desired outcome: I am hoping for your immediate response. Thank you and God bless.

4:50 pm EST

Course Hero Disabling account and earnings has not been paid

My tutor account had been disabled first and then they ask for a 10 seconds video of me holding a paper with personal information written on it.

I did it but without any clear reason, they disabled my account. There was nearly $80 pending. I want my money and my account back. This is a kind of fraud. I have spent hours helping students and I get no money paid.

I sent too many emails afterward but they have not replied a single one.

My name is Manish and my account has been disabled by Ann. I received mail on 15th December 2022 at 14:01 PST.

My email id is [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: I want my account back but at least give me my earned money.

Jan 11, 2023 1:06 pm EST

Coursehero is a motherfucker

Jan 06, 2023 6:45 am EST

No clear response. How can this company deny my payment? I worked for the students, they paid you the money and you didn't pay me back. This is called a scam. You are scamming many tutors.

Chegg.com, alternate tutoring doesn't do that. They pay even after disabling their account but coursehero takes the money of tutors in their bank balance.

Coursehero is a scamming website.

Jan 02, 2023 10:06 pm EST

Why this complaint is marked resolved. It is not resolved. What is this process? How can you mark this resolved? Can I believe you?

A
2:14 pm EST

Course Hero Bad request error while login

When I am trying to login into my account through Gmail it is showing bad error. I’ve tried clearing cache and tried using different browsers to no avail. I have a lot of unlocks available. guide me what to do now. I have to complete my assignment but due to this problem I am unable to login into my account. I am facing this problem from previous 2 hours.

Desired outcome: I want to login into my account as soon as possible.

Update by Arsh04
Jan 01, 2023 2:56 pm EST

A bad error is appearing when I attempt to enter my course hero account using Gmail. I've tried using various browsers and clearing the cache, but nothing has worked. I have a good amount of unlocks at my disposal. Tell me what to do right now. I need to do my homework, however, I can't get into my account because of this issue. I've been having this problem since 11:55 p.m. on December 31, 2022.

10:41 pm EST

Course Hero I can't log in on my CourseHero Tutor Account

Since December 20th, I can't log in to my CourseHero Tutor Account anymore. Any method I've tried has not worked. I cleared my cache and cookies, and it didn't work. I tried to change my password by clicking the forgot password feature, but no emails were sent to my Gmail. I tried to log in using Gmail, but it doesn't work and just says "Bad Request." I've tried emailing CourseHero Tutor Support, but they haven't replied. I have $100+ pending on my account, and this week is the time to cash them out; however, I can't log in to my CourseHero Tutor Account to cash them out. Are there any methods I can do to log in my account?

Desired outcome: I would like to log in to my account and continue answering questions and be able to cash out my pending amounts.

7:06 am EST

Course Hero Coursehero tutoring account

Date - 29/12/2022

I received mail for video re verification of tutor account, in this I have to provide 10 seconds video holding my identification card and date, name and signature. So I mailed it.

But after wards I received mail that my account is permanent disabled for violation of item 2 and item 3.

I have got many helpfull rating and did not any unhelpful rating. My rating is always 100% helpfull. Now my account is disabled permanent. So please enable my account because I work really hard for solving that questions and after a week my payment is available for withdraw.

So please solve my problem and enable my account.

Desired outcome: I did not done anything that violates coursehero rights but if i have then i apologize for that and i do not anything which violates your rights. Thank you

Read full review of Course Hero and 4 comments
Update by Nirbhay1114
Dec 30, 2022 11:51 pm EST

No my problem is not resolved. My account is enbaled so please raise complain and activate my account

4 comments
Jan 21, 2023 4:48 am EST

Hi,

Nirbhay1114..did you received your payment after your Account was temporarily or permanently disabled... please let me know as I have nearly 260$ in my tutor account. Please let me know. Thank you

Author of the review
Nirbhay1114
Rishabhdeo, IN
Jan 21, 2023 5:00 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

No i did not receive any payment and they disabled my account without any valid reason.

Jan 21, 2023 5:17 am EST

What we have to do . ..if they are doing like this...I kept lots of hope in this platform..I never in this way

Jan 24, 2023 3:06 am EST

I am happy to say that..my tutor account was re-enabled. It was working.

mrviel
Davao City, PH
Mar 08, 2023 9:34 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Did you also experience the same thing? Like your account was temporarily suspended and they're asking for 10sec video and others? Was it resolved? Did you get your money? I am looking for the same situation as I am right now and wondering if this will be okay.

K
1:59 am EST
Course Hero has left an official reply on this complaint.

Course Hero I can't access my funds (Account permanently disabled)

My account "[protected]@gmail.com" was permanently closed on 21st December, 2022 for violation of rules(was never specified). This is after I had shared my video verification and other requested items. My account had a good rating of over 90% and I have used the account for over 2 years now. I tried to appeal to atleast be able to withdraw my earnings of more than 700 dollars but got no response.

Desired outcome: Please send my earnings of more than 700 dollars to Paypal account: " [protected]@gmail.com"

5:55 am EST

Course Hero Temporarily disabled account, payment not received

Last December 22, I received an email from course hero that my account was temporarily disabled because they had identified unusual activity on my account that violates their terms of use, however, it wasn't specified which rule I had violated. As a tutor, I have been very responsible in this job and have been very keen and aware of the course hero's rules and regulations. And as far I know, I haven't violated a rule since I am very aware and knowledgeable of the terms of use and rules of this company.

Desired outcome: Please re-enable my account and let me withdraw my earnings of $136, which I've worked hard for.

7:49 am EST

Course Hero Request for payment

Hello Team,

My account, [protected]@gmail.com, was permanently disabled on December 13, 2022, yet I had not violated any of your terms. I am writing this to request my payment, I had earnings of $400. Kindly send my payment via my PayPal account, [protected]@gmail.com.

I will appreciate any assistance in getting my money back. All I want is my payment; I am not interested in the account being re-enabled.

This is the email I registered with: [protected]@gmail.com.

This is the phone number I registered with: +[protected].

Kindly send my payments.

Desired outcome: Receive my payments

J
12:43 am EST

Course Hero Unable to withdraw earnings

I emailed the tutor support team several times now since 09-Dec-2022 with regards on verifying my contact number as I cannot withdraw my pending earnings ($373.50 USD). The last date that they responded to me was 16-Dec-2022 (see attached photo) however they didn't resolved the issue and still I cannot withdraw my pending earnings. As stated on the dashboard (see attached photo), I can still withdraw my available balance if it exceeds $20 USD, I can accept if my tutor account will be closed however I just need my pending earnings to be withdrawn.

I hope this can be addressed immediately.

You can contact me via my email address:

[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: I just need my pending earnings to be withdrawn

Update by Joebert P. Quesada
Dec 24, 2022 2:58 am EST

I emailed the tutor support team several times since 9-Dec-2022 with regards on verifying my contact number as I cannot withdraw my pending earnings ($373 USD). Tutor support team Emily emailed me last 10-Dec-2022 and requires mhe to send a receipt that shows my name and a phone number, and also a 10 second video holding my identification card and a receipt that shows my name and phone number and to clearly state my name and the date when i was taking the video. I send all the requirements to tutor support team. Then last 14-Dec-2022, tutor support team Ann replied that they were not able to process the changing of verification phone number. Then I was found out that they remove me as a tutor without knowing any reason. Then how many time I followed up the status of my concern but they haven't replied to my email and my concern remains unresolved. As stated in the dashboard, that I can still withdraw my earning if it exceeds $20 USD. I really need my earnings to be withdrawn for medication. I can accept if they remove me as a tutor however i just need my pendings earnings to be withdrawn (please see all attached photos).

I hope this can be addressed immediately.

Thank you.

You can contact me via my email address: jpquesada012@gmail.com

Tutor support team Emily emailed me last 10-Dec-2022 and requires me to send a receipt that shows my name and a phone number, and also a 10 second video holding my valid identification card and a receipt that shows my name and phone number and to clearly state my name and the date when i was taking the video. I send it to tutor support team of course hero with email address Tutor-Support@CourseHero.com. Then last 14-Dec-2022 tutor support team Ann replied that they were not able to process my request in changing my phone number verification in withdrawing my earnings since the one that originally registered to my tutor account is the phone number that I am requesting to be set up. Then how many times I emailed the tutor support team on how can I withdraw my pending earnings but until now my complaints remains unresolved. I need my earnings for medication and I almost sacrifice my other priorities just to help the students learn and also to earn money for my family needs. All i need is to withdraw my earnings because I sacrifice for it. Please help. Thank you.

R
7:35 pm EST

Course Hero Tutor account access

I cannot open my tutor account this week. I tried using different browsers.

I was tasked to respond to a recovery email, which I duly did because logging into my account repeatedly was deemed unusual activity, even though I cannot log in properly using my credentials.

Please help me in accessing my account. I haven't claimed a single penny from my earnings and now my account cannot be opened.

For Brave browser, I was told to allow 3rd party JavaScript in my browser to continue with Facebook. However, I am logging in through Facebook. For Safari, my credentials were labeled as incorrect.

Desired outcome: I hope this message reaches you as soon as possible. My username is RyanJYM

6:09 pm EST

Course Hero Give me my Course Hero Earnings

Course hero permanently disabled my account on Dec 21,2022 which was unjustifiable and unfair .They did this to all the tutor who have a “Big” earnings like me. I have a high tutor rating which is 93% . I did all my effort to be a good tutor for my students . It was unfair that they will sent an email that I dont have the right to get my earnings . It comes from my hardwork. You dont have the right to get my own money. Tell them to send me all my money to my paypal or just let me withdraw all my money from my account. This is my Course hero email [protected]@yahoo.com.

Desired outcome: Let Course hero pay all my earnings or let me open again my account so that I can withdraw my money

Update by Mona20
Dec 29, 2022 6:08 pm EST

The complaint didnt resolve yet . You did not do anything and never provide solution for this concern.

1:38 pm EST

Course Hero Course hero again disabled my account

On 14th morning i got a message from course that they disabled my account and told me to send some documents and details. I did it and also filed a complaint here.

Within two days ,i got replied from course hero that they re-enabled my account. So i was happy and withdrawed some remaining money.

But again on 20th morning, i got same e-mail and they again disabled my account.I didn't even solved one question since my account re-enabled, but still they disabled my account again.

I still have lot of money to withdraw of December earning.

Now i have sent all details and the 10 sec video but still They haven't replied yet.

Plz help me here

Desired outcome: Re-enable my account and let me withdraw my remaining earning

Read full review of Course Hero and 3 comments

3 comments
Jan 20, 2023 11:37 pm EST

Hi, did you received any mail after that.. please let me know

Author of the review
Mohd kalam
Jan 21, 2023 2:14 am EST

Yeah, On 27th December,they mailed me that they permanently banned my account and Now there won't be any further investigation or reply from course hero.And Permanent ban is final.

I still have 600$ in my account to withdraw.

Now they don't even reply

Jan 21, 2023 3:21 am EST
Replying to comment of Mohd kalam

Ok Thank you so much...no further payment obligations are required means...they are not going to pay our earnings..is it right?

Jan 24, 2023 3:16 am EST

Hi,

I am happy to say that my tutor account was re-enabled. It was working.

5:04 am EST

Course Hero My payment as a Tutor

Hello Team,

On 13/12/22, my tutor account [protected]@gmail.com was permanently disabled without cause. I have not broken any of the Terms of Use rules nor is Course Hero able to specify in which way I personally have violated any of their terms other than a general "Sections 2 and 3", which I have not broken. I had over $400 waiting to be withdrawn and Course Hero is denying me access to the money I earned.

I have found many other tutors complaining online that this has also happened to them once they had earned "big money" and were about to be able to withdraw it.

I have been falsely accused of violating the Terms of Use, my account has been unfairly permanently disabled and money which I spent a lot of time earning I cannot access it.

Kindly send my payment via my paypal account [protected]@gmail.com.

Desired outcome: Receive my payment via my pay pal account [protected]@gmail.com

L
12:02 am EST

Course Hero Locked account

My account has been locked since October 3, 2022. This was after my Board exam. I was really exhausted and frustrated that time because I was not able to withdraw my money.

I tried to retrieved and emailed the support a million times but all they say is, my account was locked due to number verification. It's not even my fault because there's a code issue via sms that moment.

I just hope that they give back our accounts. I've been an excellent tutor in CH for 1year. I received a lot of helpful ratings and never received a probation or any violations. My helpful rate is 83% Please give us a chance and return the favor to us!

Thank you, Merry Christmas!

Desired outcome: Help me recover my account. Please take a look.

8:47 pm EST

Course Hero Unjustifiable disabled my account

Good Day !

Today , December 21,2022 Course hero sent me an email that they disabled my account which is unfair to my side . I didnt violate anything. They dont allow me to get my pending earnings . My email is [protected]@yahoo.com on CH . I already send email to course hero but they told me that It was permanently close . Give me back my hard earned money. My earnings comes from my effort.

Course hero doesnt have the right to get all my earnings.

Desired outcome: Give me back my hard earned money. Send it to my paypal account or let me open my account so that I can withdraw my earnings

Update by Mona20
Dec 21, 2022 5:51 pm EST

Give me my hard earned money or let me open my account so that I can withdraw my money. My money is not yours. You dont have the right to get it . It comes from my fruitful hardwork.

12:21 pm EST

Course Hero Request for payment

Hello Team,

My account [protected]@gmail.com was recently disabled on 13th December 2022 and I had not violated any of your terms and conditions. Your recent feedback did not specify the violation. That was unfair. It had a pending balance of 400$. Kindly send my payments via my paypal account [protected]@gmail.com. I will appreciate any assistance given by your Team. Thank you.

Desired outcome: Receive my Payment

Read full review of Course Hero and 1 comment
Update by Girly Girlpower
Dec 20, 2022 7:56 am EST

On 13/12/22, my tutor account girlygirlpower19@gmail.com was permanently disabled without cause. I have not broken any of the Terms of Use rules nor is Course Hero able to specify in which way I personally have violated any of their terms other than a general "Sections 2 and 3", which I have not broken. I had over $400 waiting to be withdrawn and Course Hero is denying me access to the money I earned.

I have been falsely accused to violating the Terms of Use, my account has been unfairly permanently disabled and money which I spent a lot of time earning I cannot access it.

1 comment
Mona20
Dec 20, 2022 8:27 pm EST

We have same situation. My account also was permanently disabled. I have 220usd on my account .

J
5:40 am EST

Course Hero account Re-enabling

Hello Team,

On 13/12/22, my tutor account [protected]@gmail.com was temporary disabled without cause. I have not broken any of the Terms of Use rules nor is Course Hero able to specify in which way I personally have violated any of their terms . I had over $200 waiting to be withdrawn and Course Hero is denying me access to the money I earned. i send the video and other documentations that were requested and never got the feedback.

I have been falsely accused of violating the Terms of Use, my account has been unfairly temporary disabled and money which I spent a lot of time earning I cannot access it.

Kindly send my payment via my paypal account [protected]@gmail.com.

Desired outcome: To re-enable my account or let me access my funds.

6:36 am EST
Course Hero has left an official reply on this complaint.

Course Hero Payment of my pending balance as a tutor.

Hello Team,

My account [protected]@gmail.com was permanently disabled yet I had not violated any of your rules. I had a good rating by the students . Now that you decided to close my account , you should pay me my pending payment balance of 400$, that was my hard earned money and I deserve it. It is unfair not to pay me my money. Send my payment via my pay pal account [protected]@gmail.com or let me access my account so that I can withdraw my payment.

Desired outcome: Receive my payment.

Y
6:23 pm EST
Course Hero has left an official reply on this complaint.

Course Hero Please as soon as possible kindly take down all these documents sir/ma'am.

These are the following documents:

Hide full review
How to file a complaint about Course Hero?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Course Hero. Make it specific and clear, such as "Unauthorized Subscription Charge by Course Hero" or "Difficulty Accessing Paid Resources on Course Hero".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with Course Hero. Mention specific issues such as problems with account access, billing disputes, content quality, customer service interactions, or any other relevant concerns. Include dates, any communication with the company, and the nature of the issue. If you attempted to resolve the problem, describe the steps you took and the responses received from Course Hero. Clearly articulate how this issue has personally affected you, whether it's financial loss, time wasted, or frustration experienced.

5. Attaching supporting documents: If you have any screenshots, receipts, emails, or other documents that can support your claim, attach them to your complaint. Be cautious not to include any sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to quantify any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Course Hero. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, service improvement, or an apology.

7. Review before submission: Before submitting your complaint, review it thoroughly to ensure that all the information provided is accurate, clear, and complete. This will help others understand your situation and increase the chances of a satisfactory resolution.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint against Course Hero on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Following the submission of your complaint, keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any updates, responses, or further inquiries related to your complaint. Engage with any responses appropriately to facilitate the resolution process.

Overview of Course Hero customer experience

Course Hero has emerged as a substantial resource in the educational landscape, accessible via www.coursehero.com, offering an extensive library of study materials across various subjects. This platform is designed to support learners in their pursuit of knowledge and academic success by providing access to an array of documents, textbooks solutions, and expert tutors.

Like any service, Course Hero has met with some consumer critiques. However, their approach to addressing and resolving these issues has shed a positive light on their dedication to customer satisfaction. Course Hero takes user feedback seriously—implementing an open channel for complaints and resolving them with attention and care, which is a testament to their commitment to continuous improvement.

Their willingness to engage with customers and fine-tune their services based on the user experience plays a significant role in both their evolution as a company and their credibility as an educational platform. This level of responsiveness is a strong indicator of Course Hero's endeavor to offer not only valuable educational resources but also credible and considerate support to its users.

In closing, while challenges are an inevitable part of any service-oriented business, Course Hero’s proactive stance on resolving user complaints underscores their focus on maintaining a positive and effective learning environment for their community.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Course Hero contacts