Cost Cutterscustomer service

K

I went to the nearest Cost Cutters salon at the Pier 37 location here in Madison for a haircut on a recent Saturday afternoon. To my surprise, it was not busy - only one person was having their hair done - but the person who greeted me asked if I had 'called ahead' because 'Brad won't have an opening until 4:30.' Had I wanted to call ahead and book an appointment for a simple haircut, I would have done so elsewhere -- not at a place that has always been known as a walk-in establishment. Since it was only 3:00 P.M. I chose not to wait (!) or return at a later time, but instead took my business elsewhere. This is not the first time I have encountered this ridiculous situation at Cost Cutters (and we have several locations in this area), but it will definitely be the last.

• Sh
    Shirley Genz Nov 18, 2019

I visited CostCutters in Oshkosh WI on Friday 11/15/2019 and requested just a trim on my haircut to remove split ends. When I walked in no one was at the front desk, no one was sitting in the chairs waiting to be seen and there was no stylist in site.
    I could hear laughing and talking from the back area and finally someone came to the front and asked if they could help me. I stated what I wanted and I was told that they could not see me until just before closing. I said "But there is no one here" she stated well we still can't see you, we are too busy. Not a way to do business.
    I then went to another location of CostCutters in Oshkosh WI and I got the same story. Do they practice this verbiage?

• Te
    Teagan Oct 02, 2017

I went back to Cost Cutters to get my hair colored & highlighted. I got a good haircut the first time I went so I thought he would be good at coloring my hair. Well, I was so disappointed & upset when I was done, I almost cried. My hair is always highlighted with blond highlights, but for some reason, he made my hair totally dark brown. He wanted to add some more of the same (what he thought was highlights) to my hair. I did not want him touching my hair any more to make it worse than it already was. So, I had to go to Walmart and buy haircolor and a highlighting kit and do my own hair. So I spent $20 more dollars than I needed to. I did a better job than he did. He just did not listen to what I wanted. It's a shame because I do like the way it is cut, but I cannot ever go back there again. I called the 800 number to tell them what happened and no one responded. I'm telling everyone not to go to the Cost Cutters in Robinson Township - ever!

• Cr
    Crystal3d Mar 20, 2017

I went to Cost Cutters over the weekend to get a hair trim.The location area that I went to was in the Lemmon Valley area of Reno, NV. All I asked was for a hair trim and my hair to be layered around my face. The hair stylist refused to wash my hair. Not only that, she didn't section my hair to layer it the right way. She kept telling me how she is on a time limit. Every time I told her how I wanted it layered. She appeared to get angrier and angrier. Then, she grabbed my hair in a rough manner and started cutting it. To where half of my hair was shorter than my ear. Now when I walked into this salon my hair was past my shoulders. I cried in that salon in front of everyone. I felt violated and like a joke. I never been treated like this at any hair salon.

• Li
    linda.w. Apr 24, 2012

My complaint is about the Costcutter, 823 Great Northern Road Aberdeen. I am writing this as i feel left with no other alternative, i have tried speaking to the staff in the shop only to be spoken to like a piece a rubbish, i pointed out that i was sick of coming into the shop and the prices at the till being different from the prices on the selves, i was told it was my fault and that i was looking at the wrong place when i told her to come with me and i would show her what i meant she got extremely rude and still insisted that she was right and it was the customers who had put the item in the wrong place and its not her job, there is also some kind of brown stuff dripping from the roof on to the shop floor and some of the stock, when i pointed this out i was told its not there fault its the people up above and there was nothing they could do, i pointed out that they could at least move there stock as it was cereals, tea bag, and sugar just to be spoken to rudely again, the girl that is working at till is only 17 and should not be serving myself or any other customers that are buying alcohol or cigarettes i am a 52year old woman and i use this shop every day, i have never complained before but i feel the way i was spoken to by this girl was a disgrace, the manager was present but she chose not to intervene and just carried on with want ever she was reading, as this costcutters has a post office in the shop i have no alternative but to keep on using it but i will be doing most of my shopping else where from now on

janet curtis Feb 10, 2012

What can I do when I lose my hair to costcutters..a two inch trim was asked for I lost over 7 inches and its crazy chopped up. no one can fix it as it was hacked so bad and layered so wierd I would have to go short short and i dont have the face for that I had med to long hair.

janet curtis Feb 10, 2012

THIS IS WHAT i HAD DONE TO ME! I AM IN THE SAME DEPRESSING SITUATION AND I CANT EVEN GET MY MONEY BACK? CAN I SUE THEM? I CANNOT GO OUT IN PUBLIC WITH THIS HACK JOB AND THIS IS THE SAME THING THEY DID TO THIS WOMAN AS I WILL BE TURNING 60 ALSO AND JUST WAS TRYING TO GET A SIMPLE TWO INCH TRIM...HAIR IS ABOVE EARS! MANAGER SAYS IT WILL GROW BACK? SHE NEVER SAW IT. AND THEY REFUSE TO GIVE OUT RESTRICTED NUMBER AND SAY SOMEONE FROM BACK EAST WILL CALL TO SEE IF I CAN GET A LOUSY 15 BUCKS BACK? THIS IN MY OPINION IS A 5000 MISHAP THAT WILL AFFECT ME FOR YRS TO COME..BUT ACCORDING TO THEM THAT HAVE NOT SEEN ME OR MY HAIR SAY IT WILLL GROW OUT? REALLY? i CANCELLED A STAGE PERFORMANCE..NO ONE WANTS TO BE AN OBJECT OF PITY! THEN SHE HAD THE AUDACITY TO SAY I RAN AROUND HER STORE WHICH WAS EMPTY AND SAID I WANT TO KILL MSELF. ARE THERE CAMERA IN THE STORE? I AM SICK TO MY STOMACH WITH THIS AND THEY ACT LIKE ITS NO BIG DEAL? PEOPLE DO GO TO TV JUDGES WITH BAD HAIR CUTS AND WIN..CANT I WIN ON JUDGE JUDY OR JOE BROWN? SEEMS THEY ALWAYS WIN WHEN IT IS THIS DAMN OBVIOUS.

• Cr
    crystalsuetoo Oct 16, 2011

I went to Cost Cutters four months ago asking for a trim of the layered cut I've had for 30 years. I have long hair and love it long. I've never had a problem with anyone just trimming it up before. Instead, she cuts 80% of my hair about 3 inches long leaving the rest looking like I had just gone through a round of chemo! To make it tragic, I'm 60, and it will never grow back as healthy as it was, the texture has changed. And, to make it even worse, I was going through one of the most depressed state of emotions I've ever had and my hair was my one crowning glory I could always count on looking nice. Now even 4 months later, I hate looking in the mirror.

• To
    toyz Jul 14, 2011

COST CUTTERS DOTHAN ALABAMA, LET CALL HER QUEEN OF THE JIFFY CUTS, a few days ago my husband got his haircut by the manager JENNIFER QUEEN OF THE JIFFY F-CK UPS. It was a 5 minute hair cut, and it spoke for itself...It was a nitemare!!!my husband walked out and left me to pay... she let me have a free one, but it was not worth being free, the woman that he always gets to cut it was not there yet, but she always gives him a good cut, infact shes the only one who gives a good cut in that DUMP! And she is the only nice one there but she only works nites...WHO OWNS THAT GETTO SHOP ANYWAY? I WOULD LIKE TOO COMPLAIN TO THEM...THEY SURE DONT KNOW CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!My husband may go back to the nite woman but no one else. HE HATES COST CUTTERS, THEY NEED TO TEACH THE OTHERS CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HOW TO GIVE A GOOD HAIR CUT...