Having problems with Cost Cutters?

Cost Cutters reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 20, 2008. The latest review Services was posted on Aug 22, 2021. The latest complaint Hair cut was resolved on Aug 19, 2021. Cost Cutters has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 60 reviews. Cost Cutters has resolved 14 complaints.

Cost Cutters Customer Service Contacts

7201 Metro Blvd
Minneapolis, Wisconsin

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cost Cutters Customer Service. Initial Cost Cutters complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cost Cutters above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cost Cutters. Discuss the issues you have had with Cost Cutters and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cost Cutters Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Cost Cuttersbad haircut and yakky hair sytlist

I had a Stylist that Wouldn't Shut up!! After cutting my hair, I asked her to take the hair dyer a blow the fine hairs off my face. She was going to charge me for that!!! I figure if I am paying 17.00 for a cut. and they mist your hair down at least the hair drying could be free! It was cold outside. I had to go outside with wet hair!, And all she did Talk was about her personal life so much that she Screwed up my hair. PLUS every time the phone rang or a customer came in She left and had to take care of those people and leave me sitting. There were 5 stylist there! They didn't have a customer service person to take care of the walk-ins etc. I ended up 40 minutes in the chair the cut should of taken 20 minutes. I didn't notice that bad cut until I got home and washed my hair. she missed a whole section that was not even trimmed!

I will not go back to any of those 15 minute hair cut places again!!
COSTCUTTERS IS TERRIBLE!! Don't go to the one in Dillon Colorado. They have Crappy service!

• Sm
      smokey62 Mar 05, 2012

i just went to one saturday in keokuk iowa at cost cutters, worse haircut i have ever had, butcher job. All uneven, showed pictures of a bob and discussed it ahead of time and got a super short summer pixie cut with longer sections on one side, all uneven. They should have to prove they can cut hair before they are hired to do the publics. Had to recut what was left of it when i got home to even it out. Rediculous!

costcutterssalons.comwhen you cut a person's ear you should at least sterilize the wound

May I suggest that when you cut a person's ear you at least sterilize the wound? I have been in pain all night from when you cut my ear yesterday during my hair cut. Because of the damage caused by your negligence please refund the cost of my hair cut: $13.90. You may send my refund check to my Post Office Box 808, Gibbon, NE 68840. Please make the check out to Barbara Robinson. I will expect my refund within 7 days.

Cost Cuttershair cut

I have gone to your Baxter location several times before and i have had now 3 bad experiences. I got my hair cut there today for the last time. When I got there I had to wait which is fine so I looked through the books that they had for men's hair styles. I found one that was very close to what I wanted but the top needed to be a touch shorter. The gal that cut it looked at one of the picture and said about that short right. I said yes and when i left it looked nothing like what i wanted. I now have a colic on the top of my head and one side of the top is longer then the other. I am through giving you a second chance. I will find another salon to cut my hair. If I wanted to have a bad hair cut i would have cut it to myself.

• IronGrudge89 Aug 26, 2011

Stopped reading at "3 bad experiences"... One should be enough for you not to go back.

• Go
          GoldOpals Opals Aug 26, 2011

:D I was not exactly sure what you meant, but now the story makes sense

• Go
          GoldOpals Opals Aug 26, 2011

You have a colic? Ummmm colic is a condition suffered by babies, which has something to do with the abdomen or digestive system. Do you mean a cowlick?

Cost Cuttershorrible haircut

This was the absolute worst hair cut I have ever had. My daughter and I had our hair trimmed. They ripped through our hair, did not listen to what I wanted at all, did completely what she ( the hairstylist) wanted. I only wanted a trim and ended up with hair up to my ears. She was constantly running all over and then coming back to my hair. SHUT COST CUTTERS DOWN. I WILL TELL EVERYONE HOW HORRIBLE THEY ARE AND NOT TO GO THERE!!!

Cost Cuttersthe worst relaxer ever

I went to get a Relaxer touch up done in brown deer road, Milwaukee, WI cost cutters.The lady seemed like she knew what she was doing.Only after it was done my scalp felt a little weird, thought it will be ok after I wash my hair the next day. The next day I was in for a shock, my hair looked pulled back and she had actually burned my scalp in fornt, it felt almost numb and my face looked so bad. Then did some home remedies like keeping olive oil on the scalp for 5-6 hrs before I washed my hair and didnt go in the sun for next 3 days and kept massaging my scalp when ever possible. It was a painful few days after that Relaxer from cost cutters. I think when it comes to hair and skin, I will never take a cheaper alternative. My hair cut was also so sad, I dont think the people there are trained well. A lay person like me knows not to apply even conditioner on the scalp but the lady at cost cutter's applied the relaxer cream on my scalp. The way she dried my hair was as if she would peel my scalp off any moment.Very unprofessional people, I am gonna talk to them today ask for a refund.The stylist name was Tammy. At any cost avoid her, if u happen to be there.

Cost Cuttersrude employees

Cost Cutters of W. State of Franklin Road, Johnson City, TN, will get no more of my business. I stopped by to get a hair trim. I was told by the stylist and the girl at the register that it had been only two weeks since my last trim and I didn't need one! I have never, ever had anyone tell me they didn't want my business. Then they said maybe I had forgotten when I was last there. I remember EXACTLY when I was last there. My hair is short and grows very fast. I wanted a little taken off the top and sides. They acted like I was so stupid that I forgot when I was last there. I told them they had just lost a customer.

Cost Cutters Family Hair Carebad hair cut

I have had my husband arrive home with an awful haircut from a stylist named cecelia. The scary issue is Which he mentioned this women has been cutting hair for over 20 years, and she is that bad ! My husband also mentioned she was safe at letting him feel uncomfortable by speaking of extremely offensive issues. i strongly believe that this women is unprofessional . Although she desperately needs to be addressed, i chose to remain anonymous because i am extremely happy with my stylist at the CC in cherry hill .

Cost Cuttersrude manager

I haven't been to a Cost Cutters in over 1 year and I will never go there again. poor service is my reason on two seperate occurances. The first time I arrived early, before opening, so i could be one of the first for a haircut at my local Cost Cutters. The manager was rude, saying after opening the doors, "I'm not ready yet for business". When she was ready, she took the person who came in after I did! she should have been ready before she opened the doors and she should have ask who was first.that was annoying. I got my haircut and was on my way.. The second time, I went early again. this time I waited and waited and was told that one of the employees was going to be late. (she wasn't at the salon yet). I waited over an hour before she showed up! I didn't ask for a discount, but one was never offered either! I never went back!!!

Cost Cutterspoor service

I only had to wait a few minutes. But, the lady that did my hair was so rude I almost left when she was halfway through. I had a wash as well and when she started cutting it only took like 5 minutes and she was done I kept asking her over and over again to do what I, wanted, and she said no it would make my hair so this or that. It's my hair!! After my 5 minute cut she asked if I wanted my hair dry? Duh! My hair was halfway dry and she was done. I asked her to do more and her comment was "we are to busy" so I went and sat down waiting for my ride and she left! There was no line! Poor Poor Service!! After she left I found out she was the MANAGER!!

• Co
                      cost cutter May 26, 2015

Is it a manager policy of a Cost Cutters or is it a Cost Cutters policy not using rollers after a hair cut. The salon closest to me was fine until a couple months ago. Now they only allow their staff to use a curling iron-no rollers allowed. In addition the person cutting my mother's hair stopped in the middle of a hair cut and left to cut a gentleman's hair. When I asked another staff person why this happened, I was told "She is the manager-she can do what she wants". This manager is also the one who said no more curlers. I called other Cost Cutters and they do not have a no roller policy.

Cost Cutters — stylists

I arrived at Cost Cutters at 5:08pm there were three stylists a customer in each of their chairs, and one...

Cost Cuttersrude service

My husband and I needed hair cuts and happened to be in Apple Valley and had some down time before a meeting. We saw the store and stopped. When we arrived there was 1 teen before us and they said about half an hour. We left and came back about 20 minutes later. We waited and Susan called my husband back, she was very short spoken and that was fine however she was very forcefull in directing my husband to look down, actually pushing his head down repaetedly even though he never moved it up from the previous time, she barely brushed the hair off his neck and his clothes were covered in hair afterwards. Then it was my turn, she asked what I wanted I explained the style and she understood and went to cutting, when she did not get the length right in the back and I asked if she could please go shorter I was given the sigh of annoyance and she cut it shorter, she cut me bangs and again when I asked she correct them because the were not the right length she did the sigh, the hair cut is still not correct, the bangs are too long and have strands that are inches longer and are not even straight and the do not blend with my style and that is what I asked for and spots in the back are longer than I like, I just get nervous to ask to have it corrected repeatedly when the sylist is already annoyed that you did not like their first attempt, I would hate for them to do a chop job out of flusteration. I will not go to any cost cutters again, if I am in a hurry great clips is my place, I have never had a bad experience and they always style my hair afterwards and I can see how it looks freshly cut and styled instead of wet and flat.

Cost Cutters — customer service

I went to the nearest Cost Cutters salon at the Pier 37 location here in Madison for a haircut on a recent...

Cost Cuttersterrible attitude to the new comers

I was getting my hair done at the cost cutters in cherry hill nj. The manager was my stylist and I told her that I was looking for a new job. She gave me an application saying ill give u the job now if u want I just need to see how u cut. She gave me my hours and days and proceeded to say things to me like "I usually don't tell a client this, but since your gonna be working here...". She had told me prior that there was a girl that came in before me and she was going to get the job but she could never get a hold of her so she had pretty much given up on her. So the manager told me she would call me on a specific day to see when I could bring in hair cuts to show her. When she didn't call me I called her and she told me the other girl came in and shge got the job. I am angry about this because I don't think it was handled professionally at all. I know there is something I can do about it, I am just not sure what. Could someone from cost cutters corporate office please get back to me as soon as possible? I would greatly appreciate it.

Cost Cutterswill never, never go back

I went to Cost Cutters on a Saturday afternoon. Expected to wait. There were only 2 stylists in the salon. 1 family of 4, all getting hair cuts. Waited over 45 mins and not once did they acknowledge me. Don't know why I waited so long. Listen to the employees put down the other salon down the street. According to the conversations, the owner of the francise puts all the good stylists in the new salons, so that the haircuts are good and the customers come back. After a while he reassigns them to another salon. Called at 3pm on a Monday to make an appointment with a certain stylist for later. No problem, I was told. Arrived 10 minutes early. The stylist I requested had just put someone in her chair. Said Hi to me, and continued to cut hair on the customer. No problem. Until, the customer in the chair asked if she had time to fit in her son for a haircut. Guess what, he was shampooed and put in the chair. I left and will never never go back.

Cost Cutters$10 off product card

I have retained a ‘Cost Cutters’ card that was given to me by a salon some time ago. The card is for every time you buy product, show the card and get great deals along the way to $10 off product.

I’ve kept the card and used it along the way. It has been stamped and initialed and now I should be able to get $10 off product. Every time I have walked in to buy more product at a Cost Cutters and showed them my card for $10 off product, they will not accept it.

My question is………why do you provide customers with a discount card and then do not honor it?

• Dm
                              dma51572 Apr 08, 2010

Call the corporate office, they HAVE to honor it. Google the salon and you should be able to get the number.

Cost Cutters — cut/style

I used the same hair stylist 3 times in the last year to color my hair and to do a few highlights-it worked...

Cost Cutters — haircut

my mother has been going here for a l;ong time.she also has referred a lot of ladies to come to the portage...

Cost Cutters — poor customer service

They run a promotion; Buy 9 Haircuts Get the 10th Free. I went to the Cost Cutters on Pineville Matthews Road...

Cost Cutters Hair Salonemployment

Cost Cutters is owned by Regis-Health Benefits are a supplement-If you work at one Regis you can't pick up hours from another Regis-Transfer to a Cost Cutters and then to a Regis is impossible- If stop working for a Regis corporation you have to wait three months to get hired at another Regis Corpoation.

• Fr
                                fry Feb 13, 2009

I am very mad at the way I was treated in your store at the Wal Mart in Muscle Shoals Al. I have been using the same and only girl for about 4 years. She was suppose to be in at 12 so I was at the store at 11:30. She was running late but I chose to wait on her because as far as I am concern she is the best at this store for my hair. When she got in I wanted a pern. She started and got my hair rooled up. Then You Mgr. came or to her station and TOLD me one of the other girls would finish me up. I did not want this. I wanted Ginger to give me my perm. The Mgr. took Ginger into the office and I assume that she was let go. This is none of my concern as to how you work with your employees but it is my concern when I do not get what I wanted and paid my money for it. The Mgr. made the choise for me and I was not at all satisfied with my perm because the girl that I have used and knows how I like my hair was pulled off the job. I was always lead to beleive that you finish what you start. Why didn't the Mgr wait until she was finished with me?Or at the start of her shift? Or at the end of her shift? No, she did it as Ginger was working on me. I was embarrested for Ginger and I myself was up set. This was totally wrong and if this is the way you train your Mgr. you are wrong. I have used Cost Cutters ever since it started in our Wal Mart but what I went through today was something else. To have someone pulled off my hair and another finish was totally wrong and the way Ginger was done was aq complete screw up.
                                JOANN FRY @[email protected] 3255 OLD MEMPHIS PIKE TUSCUMBIA ALABAMA 35674

Costcuttersbad haircut

I decided to donate my hair and get it layered. The beautician (who I had a problem with before) cut my hair two and a half inches shorter than I told her to and proceeded to cut an extra inch off to "even it up." I specifically asked at the beginning of the appointment that it be cut so that I could put it into a pony tail. Well, guess what? No ponytail for me. She told me that she had cut it so that I could still do things with my hair. What? Brush it? That's all I can do!

This past June, the same woman had styled my hair. She didn't do at all what I had wanted her to, taken an additional two hours to do it, and nearly made me late for my graduation and I was supposed to be earlier since I was the Valedictorian!

When she said my name, I should have turned around and walked out and gone elsewhere, but I gave her a chance.

Cost Cutters should really check into their employees. I realize there are some really great syltists out there, but the ones I've been seeing lately make me wonder if they let anyone with thumbs get a job there.

• Gl
                                  Gloria Ann Robbins Pack Jul 16, 2021

I wish the stylist that cut my hair would of told me she did not know how to cut hair. The worst hair cut i have ever had. Thanks to Angie I will never go to any cost cutters EVER!!!

• Cm
                                  cmehome111 Dec 14, 2019

Hello,

My name is Dave and I live in Blaine Washington I bought some CARDS from your STORE TODAY and I later DISCOVERED that some of th CARDS has been USED . This will be the SECOND TIME again and I don't think I would EVER buy anything from your STORE AGAIN n AGAIN thank You.

• Au
                                  Audrey Preece Nov 13, 2019

I also go to the cost cutters in Taylor, Texas. Every single time I go, the manager "Heather" is talking to the girls like they are dumb and even talking bad about them to costumers! She is a true monster. I will never come back

Mathew Romero Nov 03, 2019

I got a low fade and then I ask for a line up and the she made my line instead it being sguared out it was rounded and now I have the biggest recognizeible bald spot on my head. It was a 20 dollar cut btw

• Dm
                                  dma51572 Nov 27, 2009

Perhaps the next time you go in do not let that stylist cut your hair. The first time was on her, the other times it was on you.