Continental Finance Mastercardcard never received!

F

I applied for a card almost 3 weeks ago and was approved. I have not yet received my card yet. I have tried unsuccessfully to get a hold of a customer service rep., but the only phone numbers provided are automated numbers. I've gone to every website associated with the credit card, the credit card co, and the bank (First Bank of Delaware) and have gotten no response. I was able to connect with someone twice, but neither of them were able to help me, and instead referred me to yet another 800# that was only computer operated. I am really concerned about this. I don't know where my card is, if it was sent to the wrong address, if it has been stolen, if it was never sent at all. I am aware of all the up front fees they charge, and am also concerned that I am being charged all these fees and will never know about it until I get something from a collection company. This is so frustrating! It should not be so hard to get an answer to a simple question, and receive a product you were promised!

• Yv
    yvonne baker Jun 21, 2007

I received my card but when i get to the [protected] phone number which is supposed to be the customer care number. They say that my account information on the card is not valid and i refuse to pay anything for a card that i cant even use. Therefore i want this card and service canceled they should never be in service for issuing credit cards their system of card accounts is faulty and they are ripping poor people with bad credit out of their money trying to post bad information that they don't pay bills on a credit card, that they don't have in their record. I cant even use the card yet i am to pay for it BUL***IT!!!

• Re
    Reagan Wilder Sep 04, 2007

I got my card... paid the 255 whatever they said i had to pay... was told by 3 diff people what i had to do that day to get my increase back to 300.00 was told to get a fax from my bank of the ava funds in my account.. i did. then they said it wasn't the right info and that the amount was not on there!!!( which it was, i had a copy of it) then all a sudden they cant do it Because i had no proof they took the money out of my account..they said i was told wrong about being able to increase my limit that day by doing what i was told .... also tried to fig out how if i never have used my card why is my avav. Credit limit -194.00 ..no one could tell me except they say its not... and " i could get as upset as i wanted to" even had one of the reps hang up on me!!!!

• Dr
    Dria S Sep 08, 2007

I am fed up with this company. I called seven times today and the system says that my card number cannot be recognized then it hangs up on me. I have been with them for three years and it has been nothing but headaches. I am canceling my account Monday.

Sam Sep 15, 2007

Total scam card! I will cancel on Monday. Very upset!!

• Je
    Jennifer H Oct 16, 2007

I received the card and paid everything that they said that I had to pay to use it. My card worked fine but then I lost my job and could no longer send them anything. I received a call from a collection company today and they told me that for a $300.00 prepay card I now owe them over $1000.00. I told him to cease and desist collection activity and not to contact me again and he called me right back and left a nasty message which I will be taking to my attorney tomorrow. I have also blocked the number that he was calling from which is [protected]. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy!!

• Li
    lisa Nov 01, 2007

I have had a continental card since July of 07 and what a head ache I was just charged 90.00 of over limit fees my card was not over limit also I found that a charge was put on my card I did not make and there response was there is nothing they can do about it... I also told them since I was so pissed off that they were running a scam.. and to top everything off I made my payment and they say I have a 00.00 amount on my card I think I'm getting a lawyer today.

• Dj
    DJ BillyD Nov 12, 2007

I realize the seriousness of a man keeping his word. When I made the application or the card account with you, it was totally misrepresented. I knew about the obligations on my part, but I wasn't informed of the nature/amount of the payments. Now, thanks to your "helping to restore my credit rating", it will only get worse.

I am reporting you to the authorities that regulate consumer credit ads, and also the FCC to insure that you never call my house again.

I will arrange to pay you a minimal amount, for now, to eradicate this debt.

You should be ashamed. Not everybody with bad credit should be targeted for your scams. We have a legitimate need to restore our rating and should not be subjected to this harassment!

Anthony Boyum Nov 26, 2007

We ordered this card months ago they said they sent it and we have to call a different number and report it not received and they would send us a new one but we still have not received that one now they sent me an e-mail saying I have not payed my bill for what something I do not have they told me the card has never been used so why do I owe then anything I agree this company is just a scam and should not be allowed to do any business!

• Li
    Linda Harding Dec 16, 2007

I received the continental finance card and was happy to have been able to receive the card. I made a payment as soon as I could and then found the card was already maxed out. For the next couple months I continued to make payments and found that when I made the minimum payment my account was always over the limit. My husband also got a card and we started getting phone calls every day. My husband took a call from their bill collector and I was busy cooking supper. He told them we did not have the money to make the payment that month. She told him he would be sorry and they made an unauthorized charge to my bank account which bounced the account. My husband had to take money out of his account so mine would not be bounced because our bank would not cover it then they had the gall to call wanting another payment. When my tax money comes back, I will be closing this account and no more payments will be made to this bunch of crooks!

• Co
    Continentally Confused Jan 18, 2008

I am so glad to hear I'm not the only one having difficulties using the automated system. I need a LIVE person to speak with! I fell behind and am trying to resolve this issue through a credit consolidation group, but the info I am trying to obtain, I cannot do so over their automated system, as it keeps telling me my account number is invalid. Are there any solutions? How can this card even be canceled if there is no one to speak with?
    UGH!!!

• Be
    bella1970 Jul 04, 2008

it's no consolation...but even if u do get a live person..it's worse! u will feel even more mad because the automated system has an excuse...it is, what it is...BUT..a live person at this co. has no good excuse to be rude and of no help. it's not just a few ppl either. every person i've had is extremely rude. it seems they just pull ppl out of the ditch and put them on the phones! don't waste ur time. they won't help u. they either hate their job, or hate to work ..period! OR...they are useless and can't get work somewhere else where ppl actually HELP ppl. either way..it's falls on the consumers laps, so these reps could care less.

• Ka
    Kate G. Jul 14, 2008

If anyone could please help me with what to do about this company it would be great. I paid my bill over the online system that they provided. They then called me and said that they website was broken and charged me over 100 dollars in fees. I am trying to get rid of this account but every time I try to call them to settle debt I get no response from a real person. Do I need to get an attorney or what should i do???