Connstricked me into paying my charged off account

F

I purchased a macbook pro and other things at conns.. After being laid off of work in october 2011 i informed in i would no longet be able to make payments until i found another job. After all the harrsing phone calls 20 billion times a day and visits and letters to my home i received a call from a female csr there and told me if i did not make i payment conns would file lawsuit against me, i offered to return the things i did have she said they need all of it. I told her some things i didnt have becuase i needed money. Anyway so she told me to fax in a bill with proof of address and proof of income which at the time was only my husband. So i did that and post date 2 payments and they would bring my account current and begin regular monthly payments in may 2012. I said ok did all of that i made my payments now here i am may 16th, 2012 called to get the pay off amount on my account because i wanted to try and send more to pay it off quickly, my call is transfered to a csr and she informs me my account has been charged off!! I asked why i thought it was current i made arrangements to bring it current, she put me on hold and about 2 mins later comes back and says oh i'm sorry it ws just a bank error, what bank error i ask? Yall took out the 4 scheduled payments. ( i had split the 2 months up into 4 payments) well to my surprise i go and pull my credit report .. Surprise surprise ... Charge off account from conns pops right up!!! And it hit my credit report march 2012. So they called me knowing this account was going to be charged off and got me for 2 monthly payments that added up to $450.00... Here i am thinking my account is current and my credit is good!! Never ever ever again will i purchase from conns they are liars and are just annoying as they can be. I dont know how people even work for that company. Fyi i am currently seeking into filing lawsuit for making me pay after my account was charged off. They failed to advise me my account was charged after even receiving the 1st payment in march!!!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices